• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren vs Arkadelphia. 2nd Round. Let’s get it started!

Started by AirWarren, November 09, 2018, 08:46:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

#1thetruth

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 16, 2018, 09:45:55 am
If you're too dumb to figure out that I'm from Stuttgart , not Warren, then I'm not sure I need to be taking your money. How about the loser doesn't post on here for a year?

And I've got Warren +23 points

Alert...... Sugar Britches will not be posting for a whole year... I hate to say it... you won't  be missed...

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: #1thetruth on November 16, 2018, 11:38:34 pm
Alert...... Sugar Britches will not be posting for a whole year... I hate to say it... you won't  be missed...

Do you really think it will happen?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: #1thetruth on November 16, 2018, 11:38:34 pm

You're right, I won't post a whole year.

And that year is....2030.  ;D

Jimbo Morphis

Eaglefreak

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 17, 2018, 07:20:03 am
You're right, I won't post a whole year.

And that year is....2030.  ;D
😂😂😂Priceless

#1thetruth

November 17, 2018, 09:47:22 am #355 Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 09:54:18 am by #1thetruth
Quote from: Eaglefreak on November 17, 2018, 08:41:33 am
😂😂😂Priceless

I'm not surprise.... he's from Stuttgart...
He's a starving, and out of work sports  writer...  Stuttgart Daily Leader fired him for reporting
Faux News...... they have no regrets for his forcesble departure.
Sugar Britches, tell us your prediction for the rice birds this week.

HeberFan

Nobody saw that score coming.  One of those night where everything went right for one team, and, wrong for another. This was definitely the outlier score. Congrats to the Jacks on a good season and to the Clark County boys for playing Thansgiving week.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: HeberFan on November 19, 2018, 09:03:56 am
Nobody saw that score coming.  One of those night where everything went right for one team, and, wrong for another. This was definitely the outlier score. Congrats to the Jacks on a good season and to the Clark County boys for playing Thansgiving week.
After Burks went down, nobody in the state was afraid to play Warren. Our boys lost confidence and it showed. This team was supposed to walk to War Memorial but in two of the last three games, we acted like we had never played football. Very talented group of young men but this year wasn't their year.

HeberFan

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 19, 2018, 09:37:47 am
After Burks went down, nobody in the state was afraid to play Warren. Our boys lost confidence and it showed. This team was supposed to walk to War Memorial but in two of the last three games, we acted like we had never played football. Very talented group of young men but this year wasn't their year.

Hard to reformat a team's image that late in the season. Warren still had a fine season and played an Arkadelphia team that did everything right that night. It happens.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: HeberFan on November 19, 2018, 10:06:29 am
Hard to reformat a team's image that late in the season. Warren still had a fine season and played an Arkadelphia team that did everything right that night. It happens.
Yep. It happens. But not to take away anything from Arky, they came down and executed. We didn't stop them on any drive the first half. Just did uncharacteristic things all year like dropped passes and fumbling plagued us also.

HeberFan

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 19, 2018, 12:24:06 pm
Yep. It happens. But not to take away anything from Arky, they came down and executed. We didn't stop them on any drive the first half. Just did uncharacteristic things all year like dropped passes and fumbling plagued us also.

So it goes. Arkadelphia now has to figure out how to be sharp again, after playing great Friday night. That is not easy.

catfish1

Lumberjackfan1978

HeberFan

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: HeberFan on November 21, 2018, 08:34:49 am
Snowballs just get bigger as they roll down hill.
Snowball? You're just being nice. It was an avalanche.

HeberFan

hawgfan15

Warren won't be down for long. They will be moving up a talented group to senior high next year.

STUNNA

Quote from: hawgfan15 on November 21, 2018, 10:56:03 pm
Warren won't be down for long. They will be moving up a talented group to senior high next year.
a very good group moving up to middle school also

AirWarren

Hope all is well. Happy thanksgiving buddy.

hawgfan15

Quote from: AirWarren on November 22, 2018, 10:10:06 am
Hope all is well. Happy thanksgiving buddy.

Thanks man. Happy thanksgiving to you as well!

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Warren only makes it to the 2nd round and we're considered a failure. Lol

richboy

November 23, 2018, 11:43:16 am #371 Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 01:25:34 pm by richboy
Quote from: HeberFan on November 13, 2018, 01:05:45 pm
Warren would not have scored last year, without TB?  Funniest line I've heard all fall.
hmm. looks like someone should start listening to me

HeberFan

I heard Warren is shutting down the football program. Off-season has already started for badminton! Either that, or, Jacks will field another strong football team in 2019.

Trojanbird

Quote from: HeberFan on November 26, 2018, 08:43:05 am
I heard Warren is shutting down the football program. Off-season has already started for badminton! Either that, or, Jacks will field another strong football team in 2019.
Word is that they are going to 8 man football!

KASH dba The Lumberjack

We just traded all our football gear for really expensive brooms. We're going to start a curling team.

HeberFan

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 26, 2018, 09:38:44 am
We just traded all our football gear for really expensive brooms. We're going to start a curling team.

Dang, now you're gonna need a trophy case for curling, too !

game on

I'm a little curious.  How did Hembree not have an answer to losing his star?

STUNNA

Quote from: game on on November 26, 2018, 01:18:59 pm
I'm a little curious.  How did Hembree not have an answer to losing his star?
hard to lose the best player possibly at every position on the football field besides the o line and interior D line.

hogfan10

Quote from: STUNNA on November 26, 2018, 03:56:22 pm
hard to lose the best player possibly at every position on the football field besides the o line and interior D line.

That is difficult, but teams like warren have multiple high school studs every year, the crash (2 of last 3 games), should not have been that severe. First game after injury, yea, but 3 to 4 weeks later, no.

HeberFan

Quote from: hogfan10 on November 26, 2018, 04:03:21 pm
That is difficult, but teams like warren have multiple high school studs every year, the crash (2 of last 3 games), should not have been that severe. First game after injury, yea, but 3 to 4 weeks later, no.

Easy for you to say, cowboy.

Jack74

Hard to overcome that and the opposing team stealing signals and knowing the play before its run.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: hogfan10 on November 26, 2018, 04:03:21 pm

Sometimes when those complimentary players have to do it all on their own with no safety net (Burks) they find that it's not as easy as they thought.

mossflyer

hogfan10

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 26, 2018, 04:17:28 pm
Sometimes when those complimentary players have to do it all on their own with no safety net (Burks) they find that it's not as easy as they thought.

Agree, but if there are any teams in 4A that can do it, you'd think it'd be teams like warren/Nashville/Robinson (recently). Warren had 2 SEC commits on the team, and I'm assuming others going elsewhere to play in college if they want to.

hogfan10

hogfan10

Quote from: Jack74 on November 26, 2018, 04:13:45 pm
Hard to overcome that and the opposing team stealing signals and knowing the play before its run.

If so, just another reason to question hembre.

richboy

November 26, 2018, 04:35:04 pm #386 Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 04:38:36 pm by richboy
Quote from: hogfan10 on November 26, 2018, 04:26:36 pm
Agree, but if there are any teams in 4A that can do it, you'd think it'd be teams like warren/Nashville/Robinson (recently). Warren had 2 SEC commits on the team, and I'm assuming others going elsewhere to play in college if they want to.
I mean you dont need stars to be a great team man.. good coaching and the kids wanting to be great. Warren just wasnt great I've said it since last year without Burks Warren is nothing. NOONE can tell me I'm wrong. Arkadelphia back in 2015 was a team of no stars lol and they went to the semis off good coaching and the kids wanting to be great. Look it up, even the prairie grove coach said it was a team of no stars, just kids who are playing hard and following what the coaches say.

STUNNA

Somebody people just don't realize how good of a football player Burks is. Teams went from completely game planning against Burks to not having to game plan against any. Burks basically cut the field in half defensively for opposing coaches. And offensively went from double and triple teams to playing normal. And special teams is a another topic also. Warren still had talent. 3 kids will play at the next level for sure. But those kids have never had to be the man because Burks was always there. Take the best player off of almost every team and their will be a big drop off when playing equally solid teams.

richboy

Quote from: STUNNA on November 26, 2018, 06:55:09 pm
Somebody people just don't realize how good of a football player Burks is. Teams went from completely game planning against Burks to not having to game plan against any. Burks basically cut the field in half defensively for opposing coaches. And offensively went from double and triple teams to playing normal. And special teams is a another topic also. Warren still had talent. 3 kids will play at the next level for sure. But those kids have never had to be the man because Burks was always there. Take the best player off of almost every team and their will be a big drop off when playing equally solid teams.
everything you said I've already said, including in this thread. I'll be watching and I'll see what Warren has to offer next year. Heard the QB coming up is supposed to be pretty good

STUNNA

Quote from: richboy on November 26, 2018, 07:01:42 pm
everything you said I've already said, including in this thread. I'll be watching and I'll see what Warren has to offer next year. Heard the QB coming up is supposed to be pretty good
warren will always have solid talent. They are losing quite a bit. I look for them to still be a top 3 team in the 8-4a next season and to make another run the following year. Also have some very talented kids coming up to the middle school next year. Former state champ division one kids. Remember the name AJ Jordan in 3 years.

hogfan10

Quote from: STUNNA on November 26, 2018, 06:55:09 pm

Oh, I understand. But, no one else has a Burks either; and warren still has many good high school football players on the roster. Some coaches can flat coach, some can coach when they have the best player/s.

STUNNA

Quote from: hogfan10 on November 26, 2018, 08:14:22 pm
Oh, I understand. But, no one else has a Burks either; and warren still has many good high school football players on the roster. Some coaches can flat coach, some can coach when they have the best player/s.
true. But warren didn't all of a sudden start growing athletes on trees when Hembree arrived. Hembree is the reason Warren is arguably the top program in 4A football over the past 20 years.

hogfan10

November 26, 2018, 09:00:10 pm #392 Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 09:02:49 pm by hogfan10
Quote from: STUNNA on November 26, 2018, 08:27:24 pm
true. But warren didn't all of a sudden start growing athletes on trees when Hembree arrived. Hembree is the reason Warren is arguably the top program in 4A football over the past 20 years.

Well he obviously isn't terrible, but over a 20 yr span warren has turned out quiet a few high D1's (or just college athletes) for a town that size. The down years there are better than most others good years.

#1thetruth

Quote from: richboy on November 26, 2018, 04:35:04 pm
I mean you dont need stars to be a great team man.. good coaching and the kids wanting to be great. Warren just wasnt great I've said it since last year without Burks Warren is nothing. NOONE can tell me I'm wrong. Arkadelphia back in 2015 was a team of no stars lol and they went to the semis off good coaching and the kids wanting to be great. Look it up, even the prairie grove coach said it was a team of no stars, just kids who are playing hard and following what the coaches say.

lol.... you got to have the Jimmy's and joes..... ask Bama!!!

#1thetruth

KASH dba The Lumberjack

When we lost Burks we lost more than a great high school player, we love lost a leader on the field. This group of players played behind the undefeated group of '16. They received the awards that group had to bust their butts for. When the '16 group were just sophomores it was only 5 of them. They had to do it all, put out equipment, push the drinking water out to the field, practice the entire practice with no sitting out to rest, then pick up everything before they were done. They would have to make multiple trips back and forth to get it done and that where they started to depend on one another. They knew it took crazy amounts of work to win games and it just didn't start on the field on Friday night. That group just didn't know how to lose because all the work they did just to be on the team. This '18 group complained every time they were asked to do anything. Probably making some parents mad but these players were on the lazy side and lacked a little character when the going got rough. Hembree is a dang good coach, sucks as an AD and is a horrible handyman, but he can coach. He can't make every class that comes through have drive it takes to go all the way.

hogfan10

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 26, 2018, 09:10:35 pm
When we lost Burks we lost more than a great high school player, we love lost a leader on the field. This group of players played behind the undefeated group of '16. They received the awards that group had to bust their butts for. When the '16 group were just sophomores it was only 5 of them. They had to do it all, put out equipment, push the drinking water out to the field, practice the entire practice with no sitting out to rest, then pick up everything before they were done. They would have to make multiple trips back and forth to get it done and that where they started to depend on one another. They knew it took crazy amounts of work to win games and it just didn't start on the field on Friday night. That group just didn't know how to lose because all the work they did just to be on the team. This '18 group complained every time they were asked to do anything. Probably making some parents mad but these players were on the lazy side and lacked a little character when the going got rough. Hembree is a dang good coach, sucks as an AD and is a horrible handyman, but he can coach. He can't make every class that comes through have drive it takes to go all the way.

Yea, can't make someone have character. Sometimes things just come to easy, until that time it doesn't.

#1thetruth

Quote from: hogfan10 on November 26, 2018, 09:16:27 pm
Yea, can't make someone have character. Sometimes things just come to easy, until that time it doesn't.

Amen

Jack74

Some of the hardest workers warren has ever had were on this team so please don't throw the whole group under the bus for a few bad apples

hogfan10

Quote from: Jack74 on November 27, 2018, 10:54:32 am
Some of the hardest workers warren has ever had were on this team so please don't throw the whole group under the bus for a few bad apples

Not my intention.
Just saying that when things come easy on many/most occasions, it's a difficult adjustment on the occasions when resistance is applied.
Often character is obtained/learned through failure.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas