• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First Service Bank Tournament at Clinton

Started by ballmember, November 08, 2018, 02:33:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ballmember

Lots of good teams and different classifications in this tournament   Starts Saturday November 10 in Clinton gym, which is a great place to watch a game at. starts saturday  November 10 at 11:00 am- 8 games first day;   nov 12;13; 15 and finals nov 17
2 good class a girls are in it-wonderview and rural special; Timbo boys very good and in it also.    lots of other traditional powers like valley springs; quitman; Pottsville ;riverview and many others.   maybe someone can post schedules along with boys and girls brackets.   great place for this tournament.   Boys with first round byes:  Clinton,vilonia, valley springs, Pottsville, greenbrier and schs.   Girls with bye-Vilonia, ruralspecial, wonderview and riverview.  Lots of other teams in it.

FaceInTheCrowd

ballmember

SackAttack

Y'all got any scores!! Sack deer hunting 4 legged two legged no legged!! Clinton folks don't like me much

SportsFan5

SackAttack

So Sack is asssuming that the Timbo Timber Quitman Quitters was the only game played today! So Sack thinks the rest of the schedule tomorrow after church and Sack mutilates a big buck 10 point

Jcarson831

Scores from Saturday:
Girls:
Marshall 58, Harmony Grove 44
Valley Springs 57, Quitman 48
Pottsville 44, Greenbrier 35
Clinton 57, Saline County Homeschool Association (SCHS) 29

Boys:
Harmony Grove 63, Marshall 56
Valley Springs 64, Vilonia 61 OT
Timbo 58, Quitman 57
Greenbrier 83, SCHS 44

Monday's Games:
3:45 Girls   Riverview vs Valley Springs
5:00 Boys   Pottsville vs Timbo
6:15 Girls   Wonderview vs Pottsville
7:30 Boys   Clinton vs Harmony Grove
8:45 Girls   Clinton vs Rural Special

NEA Razorback olfan

JimmyChitwood

Pottsville boys 33-21 at half against Timbo.

bball25

SackAttack

Well my phone went dead and I couldn't post  but Pottsville whopped up on Timbo! Looked like Timbo mighta been a little limp legged if ya know what I mean! Went out at halftime to visit with some of the Timbers folks! Friendly good ol down to earth red blooded Americans all! Kinda folks Sack likes and visa verser!! Was bragging on their boys about the win over our Eagle boys and whammo Mommas began spitting and snorting and takin longer drags than I thought humanly possible on their cigs! Seems they don't like our coach too much! I couldn't get much out of em! So Sack ponders did miss something during the game the other night! Did somebody pop off? I was into my third bag and could've missed woulda been the first time!! One lady said after a long pull he's gotta come back for district! I went back inside at that point!! Pottsville good Timbo good Sack good Timbo folks not good!! What did I miss??

Bigleague

For one thing, westside usually isn't losing to timbo.  But this is a different timbo team

ZacAttack

Quote from: Bigleague on November 13, 2018, 06:24:49 am
For one thing, westside usually isn't losing to timbo.  But this is a different timbo team
Actually, looking back through the records, Timbo has now beaten the Eagles 7 times in a row!  No wonder they have Fired Up Fans  ;)  Could this be the Year of the Tiger?

Bigleague

Are you serious. Now, I see why they brought Benny brown in.

Sports Loser

I thought the game between Timbo and Pottsville was very good.  Pottsville played very well.  That's the 3rd time I've seen Timbo and I have been very impressed with the coach and the way he and his players play the game.  Fun team to watch for sure.  As far as what was posted earlier about the Timbo Westside Greers Ferry game Friday night all I over heard was that there seemed to be some type of inter squad tempers lost in their dressing room after the game with some things damaged or possibly a shoving match between players on the same team.  I didn't ask any questions just over heard it. 

SackAttack

Quote from: Bigleague on November 13, 2018, 09:09:17 am
Are you serious. Now, I see why they brought Benny brown in.
Yes and on that point we spent the summer circuit "working harder than everyone else" and was primed for championships now 6 games in we are saying be patient were young and inexperienced!! Well which is it?? Guess I was one of the majority that expected immediate results after the summer team camp hype!!

SackAttack

Quote from: Sports Loser on November 13, 2018, 10:11:42 am
I thought the game between Timbo and Pottsville was very good.  Pottsville played very well.  That's the 3rd time I've seen Timbo and I have been very impressed with the coach and the way he and his players play the game.  Fun team to watch for sure.  As far as what was posted earlier about the Timbo Westside Greers Ferry game Friday night all I over heard was that there seemed to be some type of inter squad tempers lost in their dressing room after the game with some things damaged or possibly a shoving match between players on the same team.  I didn't ask any questions just over heard it.
Hmmmm?? Couldn't get those Mommas to say anything but it does give one pause!!

Sports Loser

Sports Loser

Can anyone post the schedule for the games tonight and tomorrow night?  Going to try and watch a couple of them

ballmember

hope someone does post schedule cause I aint smart enough to figure???  I am thinking Timbo plays someone at 5 but....

Sports Loser

On the schedule if I'm looking at it right they play tonight at 5 do not know who they play ballmember.  Hope to get over there should be some good games the next couple of nights.  Maybe they will post an updated schedule

ballmember

Not complaining but dummies like me like too much information so I can retain a little bit.  Doesn't seem to happen with tournament activities.   most everywhere that way so we just be content with knowing days   I am still looking at loser bracket and cant even find the game number?????

riccoar

Wednesday's Games:
3:45 Girls   Quitman vs. Greenbrier
5:00 Boys   Timbo vs. Vilonia
6:15 Girls   Clinton vs. Pottsville
7:30 Boys   Quitman vs. Saline County Home School
8:45 Girls   Marshall vs. Riverview / Valley Springs

ballmember

riccoar, thanks for the info, much appreciated!!! Best thing about this board is someone steps up with info and provides it.   We all have an opinion but not all of us-me, can provide what we all need to know about-the games when and where.

riccoar

Quote from: ballmember on November 14, 2018, 09:57:58 am
riccoar, thanks for the info, much appreciated!!! Best thing about this board is someone steps up with info and provides it.   We all have an opinion but not all of us-me, can provide what we all need to know about-the games when and where.
I looked all over trying to get info.  I think what I posted is correct via what I could get off maxpreps and school sites.

FromTheBench

Quote from: riccoar on November 14, 2018, 09:41:27 am
Wednesday's Games:
3:45 Girls   Quitman vs. Greenbrier
5:00 Boys   Timbo vs. Vilonia
6:15 Girls   Clinton vs. Pottsville
7:30 Boys   Quitman vs. Saline County Home School
8:45 Girls   Marshall vs. Riverview / Valley Springs

None of these are correct. There have been A LOT of changes. Quitman is one of the teams I follow and I know their girls play at 7:30 tonight VS Greenbrier and their boys now play Marshall at 8:45. Apparently there are some teams that either can't or don't want to come back for another game. Hairy stuff, but Clinton is trying to accommodate.

LeftyWorld

So what teams have said they are not coming back for another game? Why commit to a tournament if you are not going to go through with it.

riccoar

Quote from: FromTheBench on November 14, 2018, 01:08:28 pm
None of these are correct. There have been A LOT of changes. Quitman is one of the teams I follow and I know their girls play at 7:30 tonight VS Greenbrier and their boys now play Marshall at 8:45. Apparently there are some teams that either can't or don't want to come back for another game. Hairy stuff, but Clinton is trying to accommodate.
Sorry, I went off of Quitman school sites bracket and then filled in the holes off of winners and losers.  My posting is what it should actually be if every team was still committed I guess.

Motownsportsfan

On the girls side Wonderview vs Valley Springs and Rural special vs Vilonia I'm guessing?  Who plays on the boys side?

RaRaRi

Saw that Vilonia and Valley Springs are in finals for girls. What happened to Wonderview and Rural Special?  Heard they would both be hard to beat. I figured they would play for championship not 3rd place.

HorseFeathers

I Think Valley Springs needed Double OT to beat Wonderview....

LeftyWorld

Anybody know what teams are playing today?

SackAttack

Any scores from today?? This grill is overheating me!!  :'(

BasketballNeverStops

Quitman girls beat Benton Harmony Grove by 10. Not sure of other scores yet.

Motownsportsfan

November 17, 2018, 02:52:02 pm #35 Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 11:31:02 am by Motownsportsfan
Quote from: RaRaRi on November 16, 2018, 04:52:58 pm
Saw that Vilonia and Valley Springs are in finals for girls. What happened to Wonderview and Rural Special?  Heard they would both be hard to beat. I figured they would play for championship not 3rd place.
Good Games

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas