• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RD 1.... Star City at Shiloh

Started by Razorback Red, November 04, 2018, 07:17:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback Red

November 04, 2018, 07:17:08 am Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 08:42:06 am by Razorback Red
I didn't see a tread on this one yet.

I plan to attend my first 4A game this season next Friday.  From what I hear, Shiloh has a really solid team and some folks in NWA think they have a shot to make it to the Rock this year. 

Any chance Star City keeps this 1st round game close?  Strengths?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Razorback Red on November 04, 2018, 07:17:08 am
I didn't see a tread on this one yet.

I plan to attend my first 4A game this season next Friday.  From what I hear, Shiloh has a really solid team and some folks in NWA think they have a shot to make it to the Rock this year. 

Any chance Star City keeps this 1st round game close?  Strengths?

No, not much of a chance. They're a run heavy team, but Shiloh is playing very well. The Saints should cruise in this one.

bulldoghistorian

Looking forward to making the trip, but I know it'll be really tough for Star City to pull this one off. We are a run offense, hardly pass the ball!

Sports Guru

RZback

Shiloh by mercy rule.  Look for them to go deep in the playoff. 

Jimbo Morphis

CoachRH

Quote from: RZback on November 04, 2018, 10:58:11 am
Shiloh by mercy rule.  Look for them to go deep in the playoff.
Agree 100%

bulldoghistorian

I've said this a lot about Star City and I'll say it again, it depends on which Bulldog team shows up! If we're able to move the ball effectively with our run game, we have a chance to maybe be competitive. Defense will have to create Shiloh turnovers and we will have to make the most of every opportunity we have! I realize easier said than done! Shiloh doesn't make many mistakes and they don't beat themselves!

CoachRH

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on November 04, 2018, 04:05:08 pm
I've said this a lot about Star City and I'll say it again, it depends on which Bulldog team shows up! If we're able to move the ball effectively with our run game, we have a chance to maybe be competitive. Defense will have to create Shiloh turnovers and we will have to make the most of every opportunity we have! I realize easier said than done! Shiloh doesn't make many mistakes and they don't beat themselves!
Maybe your right!
Shiloh is going to be tough!
They don't get many if any calls their way but they are well coached and execute really well. I don't see them losing unless there's a snowstorm or the refs give it to Star City!

Redskin2015

SwingTheAxe

I hope any Twinkletown folks traveling up there make some other plans for the weekend, because that's a long way to travel just to watch their team get throttled.

Senior Roger

Star city has an outstanding offensive line, and at the core of this elite blocking squad is very raw center, #78.
Star city will play with heart and star citys center will dominate the weak line of the saints.

Big Fan

Quote from: Senior Roger on November 05, 2018, 11:11:01 am
Star city has an outstanding offensive line, and at the core of this elite blocking squad is very raw center, #78.
Star city will play with heart and star citys center will dominate the weak line of the saints.
thanks pop
Quote from: Senior Roger on November 05, 2018, 11:11:01 am
thanks pop!

Senior Roger

green-eagle

Don't discount Star City out to fast...Star City is know to go into heavy favorites stadium and win... the last two games that come to mind are
... Newport
...Ponty

so again Star City does have some history.

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: green-eagle on November 05, 2018, 12:25:33 pm
Don't discount Star City out to fast...Star City is know to go into heavy favorites stadium and win... the last two games that come to mind are
... Newport
...Ponty

so again Star City does have some history.

No doubt!

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: SwingTheAxe on November 05, 2018, 08:21:42 am
I hope any Twinkletown folks traveling up there make some other plans for the weekend.
Took care of that already! Always enjoy a trip to Fayetteville!

Senior Roger

I feel it is necessary to reiterate the star city has a line of scrimmage dominating offensive line, star city's offence will dominate the weak d-line play of Shiloh and when the smoke clears, #78 of star city will stand above Shiloh knowing that he gave his all as he is and always will be the rawfessor of rawcology.
#twinkletowntriumph
#fridaynightraw
#shootingstars

RZback

I feel it necessary to point out that Star City is a 4-6 team and Shiloh will beat them handily.  That dominant offensive line better score about 45 if they want to be in the game and they have only score over 30 twice.   So I'm saying Shiloh by 35.

Hog Lefty

I watched #78 highlights.  I'm not sure where you getting that Shiloh D line is weak.  #78 isn't going to move #21 from Shiloh.  It's going to be a long night for Star City.  I'm calling for Shiloh's 8th straight mercy rule game.

Sports Guru

Quote from: Senior Roger on November 06, 2018, 10:56:00 am
I feel it is necessary to reiterate the star city has a line of scrimmage dominating offensive line, star city's offence will dominate the weak d-line play of Shiloh and when the smoke clears, #78 of star city will stand above Shiloh knowing that he gave his all as he is and always will be the rawfessor of rawcology.
#twinkletowntriumph
#fridaynightraw
#shootingstars
Have you even seen the beatings that the Saints are handing out this year to teams like Star City that have struggled. I'm glad Crossett isn't playing them we wouldn't fair any better than the Dogs....

Dogpound2010

78 had his hands full with crossett's # 61 we need to clean up some things on offense and try to move the ball,no fumbles,interceptions and false starts

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: Dogpound2010 on November 06, 2018, 05:16:41 pm
78 had his hands full with crossett's # 61 we need to clean up some things on offense and try to move the ball,no fumbles,interceptions and false starts
We will have to play perfect, in all areas!

CoachRH

Can't wait to see the results on this one!

Maynard G Krebs

Hog Lefty

CoachRH

beach bum

Shiloh is about to throttle Mena too....

CoachRH

Hog Lefty

Quote from: CoachRH on November 09, 2018, 08:27:40 pm
Close!  It was by tha half!
;D

The halftime score was 35-0 so the mercy rule was in play the entire 2nd half.  I'm not sure the refs understand what a continuous running clock means though since they kept stopping the clock when it should have kept running.  Star City had some size and speed but they were very undisciplined, both on the field and on the sidelines, and a poorly coached team.  Shiloh controlled the game but Star City was penalized throughout the game.  They started the game with penalties on 4 of the first 5 plays and never really got any better. I believe the Mena game will be a little more competitive but still any easy win.  Shiloh 35-7. 

RZback

congrats to Shiloh.  about as I thought would go.

bulldoghistorian

Congrats to Shiloh, looks like a team that could make it to WMS! Loved the press box, great facilities !

CoachRH

Quote from: Hog Lefty on November 10, 2018, 07:51:32 am
The halftime score was 35-0 so the mercy rule was in play the entire 2nd half.  I'm not sure the refs understand what a continuous running clock means though since they kept stopping the clock when it should have kept running.  Star City had some size and speed but they were very undisciplined, both on the field and on the sidelines, and a poorly coached team.  Shiloh controlled the game but Star City was penalized throughout the game.  They started the game with penalties on 4 of the first 5 plays and never really got any better. I believe the Mena game will be a little more competitive but still any easy win.  Shiloh 35-7.
Agreed!

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Hog Lefty on November 10, 2018, 07:51:32 am
The halftime score was 35-0 so the mercy rule was in play the entire 2nd half.  I'm not sure the refs understand what a continuous running clock means though since they kept stopping the clock when it should have kept running.

The mercy rule does not mean a continuous running clock.

According to the rule the clock still stops on a change of possession, score, first down is declared, end of a period, or a time out is called.

Now, not everyone actually does it exactly this way but that's the rule.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 11, 2018, 09:28:17 am
The mercy rule does not mean a continuous running clock.

According to the rule the clock still stops on a change of possession, score, first down is declared, end of a period, or a time out is called.

Now, not everyone actually does it exactly this way but that's the rule.

I was family with the rule and it wasn't being followed. Very inconsistent. The game was getting chippy,  I think the Star City coach had 3 maybe 4 flags, the kids tend to follow. I just didn't want anybody getting hurt unnecessarily.

Bulldog92

The coaches didn't have 3 to 4 flags. Just because a coach gets a flag thrown on them doesn't mean what you are insinuating!!  If a coach doesn't agree with a call and is discussing it with the ref it all depends on how the ref takes the discussion on if a flag gets thrown. When your a south Arkansas team playing Shiloh those discussions don't get taken to well apparently. Just wish people would get their facts straight and quit stretching the truth to make things sound worse than they were. That head is coach hasn't had a flag thrown on him all year that I can remember and I didn't miss a game!!  No difference in how people take kids dancing out on the field when their ahead 4 plus touchdowns!!  If you would take off your Rose Colored Saints glasses all kids could be a little more humble and sportsmanlike!!!  Star City kids aren't perfect but neither are Shilos kids. We took our butt whooping and went home now would you please move on and quit stretching your version of the truth. Good luck the rest of the way!!

$aintMaximu$

November 12, 2018, 05:05:50 pm #36 Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 05:34:00 pm by $aintMaximu$
Quote from: Bulldog92 on November 12, 2018, 03:58:38 pm
The coaches didn't have 3 to 4 flags. Just because a coach gets a flag thrown on them doesn't mean what you are insinuating!!  If a coach doesn't agree with a call and is discussing it with the ref it all depends on how the ref takes the discussion on if a flag gets thrown. When your a south Arkansas team playing Shiloh those discussions don't get taken to well apparently. Just wish people would get their facts straight and quit stretching the truth to make things sound worse than they were. That head is coach hasn't had a flag thrown on him all year that I can remember and I didn't miss a game!!  No difference in how people take kids dancing out on the field when their ahead 4 plus touchdowns!!  If you would take off your Rose Colored Saints glasses all kids could be a little more humble and sportsmanlike!!!  Star City kids aren't perfect but neither are Shilos kids. We took our butt whooping and went home now would you please move on and quit stretching your version of the truth. Good luck the rest of the way!!

There were 3 side line warnings and the 4th was called out directly on the head coach.  I would have to assume that one of the other 3 were on him too....  Really they all are, it is his responsibility to get control of his coaches.  He was running out on the field all night... I don't think I'm being too rose colored in my view.  And yes the kids did dance, you got me on that one...

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 12, 2018, 05:05:50 pm
There were 3 side line warnings and the 4th was called out directly on the head coach.  I would have to assume that one of the other 3 was on him too....  Really they all are, it is his responsibility to get control of his coaches.  He was running out on the field all night... I don't think I'm being too rose colored in my view.  And yes the kids did dance, you got me on that one...
By rule, the sideline gets ONE warning. The rest should be 15 yard penalties. So either you or that sorry excuse for a refereeing crew needs to get your crap straight.

Shiloh players taunted SC players before the game even started. Coming out of the locker room, they chanted that they were the "real SC" while Star City was walking to the field. Visitor locker rooms are immediately next to the home locker room. Stupid set up but quite intentional.
While SC was in pregame warmups, Shiloh "strength coach" led a group of players running on SC's sideline, blowing his whistle continuously like an idiot just trying to pee off the SC crew. Didn't work.
First play of the game, When the d-line shifted and the SC o-line moved, the Shiloh players SLAPPED the SC player's helmet... illegal as heck. No flag. The same kid and two others made a motion as though they were shooting the SC players with arrows. Illegal as heck. No flags.
Shiloh players spat in the face of SC players. They did all they could do,to taunt the SC boys. SC maintained their cool and when it was necessary, the Bulldogs Coach tried to take up for his players. That officiating crew should be absolutely ashamed of themselves.
In the past, I've always had the utmost respect for Shiloh. Matter of fact, they had been the only private school I had respect for as to doing things the right way. That is long gone...

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: 22 on November 12, 2018, 05:33:03 pm
By rule, the sideline gets ONE warning. The rest should be 15 yard penalties. So either you or that sorry excuse for a refereeing crew needs to get your crap straight.

Shiloh players taunted SC players before the game even started. Coming out of the locker room, they chanted that they were the "real SC" while Star City was walking to the field. Visitor locker rooms are immediately next to the home locker room. Stupid set up but quite intentional.
While SC was in pregame warmups, Shiloh "strength coach" led a group of players running on SC's sideline, blowing his whistle continuously like an idiot just trying to pee off the SC crew. Didn't work.
First play of the game, When the d-line shifted and the SC o-line moved, the Shiloh players SLAPPED the SC player's helmet... illegal as heck. No flag. The same kid and two others made a motion as though they were shooting the SC players with arrows. Illegal as heck. No flags.
Shiloh players spat in the face of SC players. They did all they could do,to taunt the SC boys. SC maintained their cool and when it was necessary, the Bulldogs Coach tried to take up for his players. That officiating crew should be absolutely ashamed of themselves.
In the past, I've always had the utmost respect for Shiloh. Matter of fact, they had been the only private school I had respect for as to doing things the right way. That is long gone...

I missed the 1st quarter so I can't speak to most of what you said. Even sitting on the first row I've never been able to see if a player was spitting in the face of another player. I have to assume you heard this from a player or somebody a player told. From the time I arrived there were 4 flags on the Star City sideline. 2 warnings , a five yard and then a 15 yard penalty. So I guess they got it wrong...  Based on the tone of your message you sound upset and/or a little especially upset. I mean do you really think they designed a locker room with nefarious intent ?  We are the real SC....  if that is taunting then whoever it hurt is a certified snowflake. Get them help quick!!!

Did you happen to see what happened on the very last play?  Somebody got hurt. The things I brought up are factual.  Facts don't care about emotion or feelings.

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 12, 2018, 05:50:40 pm
I missed the 1st quarter so I can't speak to most of what you said. Even sitting on the first row I've never been able to see if a player was spitting in the face of another player. I have to assume you heard this from a player or somebody a player told. From the time I arrived there were 4 flags on the Star City sideline. 2 warnings , a five yard and then a 15 yard penalty. So I guess they got it wrong...  Based on the tone of your message you sound upset and/or a little especially upset. I mean do you really think they designed a locker room with nefarious intent ?  We are the real SC....  if that is taunting then whoever it hurt is a certified snowflake. Get them help quick!!!

Did you happen to see what happened on the very last play?  Somebody got hurt. The things I brought up are factual.  Facts don't care about emotion or feelings.

Not factual. There are no cases where there are two sideline warnings. If you missed the first quarter, you wouldn't have seen it anyway. There was a sideline warning, then a dead ball unsportsmanlike against an assistant coach. Then the unsportsmanlike against the HC because the side judge SAID he saw the $aints player slap the SC player in the helmet but that it okay to do so. The refs were a joke... as is your response.
And yes, I saw the last play. The kid had calf cramps... that is not hurt. That is lack of discipline by the coaching staff and the "strength coach"to make sure their players are properly hydrated.
And yes, I'm upset. I'm disgusted that public schools have to compete against the best that money can buy...$aintmaximu$. Your screen name says it all.

OrangeCrush.

Wait, Shiloh being classless? I can't believe it!

Some things never change...

CoachRH

I saw the whole game!  There are truths to both sides of this argument.
Locker room comment is ridiculous. Even though Shiloh is a private school they are still under budget pressure like every other school. Star City could have opted to utilize other options.  Like the old concession/field house on the visitor sideline with restrooms, etc.  Current locker rooms are monitored by referees and I also thought they did a very good job between halves separating players to make sure they had adequate time to get to locker rooms!  All away team locker rooms are typically underclass locker rooms, basketball, girls, etc. Thank goodness it had heat!
Star City got beat the very first play on the D-Line shifts!  It was downhill from there and very frustrating for Star City there on out!
Several penalties in a row. Rather directed at sideline or not there should have been more yards on them. Referees were conservative but also fair.
No matter what there are penalties missed during every game.
Some referee crews are complete jokes. They don't get enough respect but some are no close qualified to be refs.
Spitting in faces of other players is totally unacceptable and should have been called and Penalties should have occurred.
Dancing did occur, but I never saw it as confrontational nor did I see it directed at a player.
Bow and arrow was never directed at another player.
Shiloh has a better defense than people expect and Star City is one dimensional.
Strength and conditioning coach performing or warming up players I would like to see...these kids and coaches don't waste their time practicing or doing something different for one game. They either do it all games or none! 
I laugh at this thread like the Pea Ridge thread on their press boxes!

Bulldog92

I laugh at what most of you from Shiloh have to say!!   You think your opinion is the only opinion and all other people are clueless about what they saw on our on sideline!!  Most of us didn't expect to win the game or be close we were just glad to make the playoffs for the first time in a few years but y'all have to make it out like y'all did something. One seed verses 5 seed morons your supposed to win move on!!!!

CoachRH

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on November 10, 2018, 11:32:48 am
Congrats to Shiloh, looks like a team that could make it to WMS! Loved the press box, great facilities !
Not sure they will make it all the way!  Good team but it's a long road!
Facilities are not the best but they try to accommodate all!

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: Bulldog92 on November 12, 2018, 07:49:02 pm
I laugh at what most of you from Shiloh have to say!!   You think your opinion is the only opinion and all other people are clueless about what they saw on our on sideline!!  Most of us didn't expect to win the game or be close we were just glad to make the playoffs for the first time in a few years but y'all have to make it out like y'all did something. One seed verses 5 seed morons your supposed to win move on!!!!

When did anybody from Shiloh or any other poster say Shiloh "did something" by beating Star City?

This is a forum for discussion, you can move on anytime you want. And after the sideline warnings the flags for the coach happened at the 1:07:03 mark. Coach threw his head set and had some choice words. It was a 5 yard penalty.  Then at the 2:15:16 mark was the 15 yard penalty.  But it was a rough season and his team was soundly beat, as they should have been. It's an emotional game....

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: OrangeCrush. on November 12, 2018, 06:57:01 pm
Wait, Shiloh being classless? I can't believe it!

Some things never change...

Don't you have a toilet seat to paint Orange and Black!!!  Go CRAPPERS !!!!!!

OrangeCrush.

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 12, 2018, 08:34:11 pm
Don't you have a toilet seat to paint Orange and Black!!!  Go CRAPPERS !!!!!!
I'd rather be a crapper than a pathetic representation of a "Christian".

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: OrangeCrush. on November 12, 2018, 08:36:29 pm

Sounds like you are both. 

AirWarren

Quote from: OrangeCrush. on November 12, 2018, 08:36:29 pm

Classy.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas