• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Go fund me...

Started by flow51, November 03, 2018, 09:39:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

flow51

Per the teams that made it to the playoffs I have been asked to start a Go Fund Me page for the Smackover Buckaroos. Sadly it will take every penny that everyone donates just to get their field playable again. With them having home field advantage throughout the playoffs, it will only get worse with each game. Please keep in mind that we are doing this for the kids where no one will have to play in that pig pit. All contributions will be greatly appreciated!

HG Hornet

We left it sloppy after Thursday night's game.  It will get worse after each game, but maybe a week off will help dry it out. 

Proud Buckaroo

Field has two weeks to dry. Nice try though.

imtie

November 03, 2018, 09:54:53 am #3 Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 11:47:57 am by imtie
If and when the noles come to town we need it sloppy

flow51

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 03, 2018, 09:50:49 am

With more rain in the forecast it clearly won't dry out in two weeks. Not meant to be a funny post, however others are concerned. Clearly Buckaroos arnt because it has been this way for some time. But hey, it shouldn't matter after the 3rd round... the Rison/mayflower winner will travel to Osceola

Proud Buckaroo

It's so funny how many Prescott fans want Smackover to lose so bad.

jay nelvin

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 03, 2018, 12:25:41 pm
It's so funny how many Prescott fans want Smackover to lose so bad.
Maybe this past Thursday night, but I'm sure most are pulling for you guys in that top bracket.  I am.

WHITEchicken

Smackover clearly cares about their field condition. That is why they spent so much money this summer installing more sprinklers so the field gets extra wet when we have superior teams coming to play us.

flow51

Quote from: jay nelvin on November 03, 2018, 12:39:04 pm
Maybe this past Thursday night, but I'm sure most are pulling for you guys in that top bracket.  I am.
Exactly... if I was from Prescott I would be pulling for y'all to reach the finals! They could get their rematch.

Sick Dog

Nice try Smackover. Everyone knows y'all want the "feel sorry for our field" approach so y'all can get someone to agree to move it to SAU or El Dorado so y'all can use your speed on turf. Sorry no one is falling for that trick this time. Why won't yall use Norphlet field?

Proud Buckaroo

This person isn't a smackover poster nor are they affiliated with Smackover. So, nice try.

ISU7

Quote from: flow51 on November 03, 2018, 09:39:49 am
Per the teams that made it to the playoffs I have been asked to start a Go Fund Me page for the Smackover Buckaroos. Sadly it will take every penny that everyone donates just to get their field playable again. With them having home field advantage throughout the playoffs, it will only get worse with each game. Please keep in mind that we are doing this for the kids where no one will have to play in that pig pit. All contributions will be greatly appreciated!
Just move it to Eldorado stadium again I'm sure the Noles will be thrilled.  This sounds like something I heard before back in 2015 involving Crest We know how that turned out.🤣😂

ISU7

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 03, 2018, 03:17:19 pm
This person isn't a smackover poster nor are they affiliated with Smackover. So, nice try.
I know he's not proud buck just having fun bro

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: ISU7 on November 03, 2018, 03:44:11 pm
Just move it to Eldorado stadium again I'm sure the Noles will be thrilled.  This sounds like something I heard before back in 2015 involving Crest We know how that turned out.🤣😂

We have a smart coaching staff this go around. Definitely won't move the game away from home...

WHITEchicken

Dry warm weather today. I drove by and the field looks worse than Thursday night. I guess the coaching staff left the sprinklers on this weekend.

Sick Dog

Good recruiters! Not sure about how smart they are. According to most all you guys bash the play calling. Oh are you suppose to be from Smorphlet to be able to post on this?

Carljung

No. You can be a fair weather fan like most of these guys that haven't been around in a couple of years...

Proud Buckaroo

Who bashed the play calling? Lol. One time. And we all do it. 

I can assure you aren't referring to me about the fair weather fan. 🤣

flow51

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 03, 2018, 09:50:49 am

How's that field looking PB? Still drying out in the rain?

imtie

Quote from: flow51 on November 05, 2018, 06:15:36 pm
How's that field looking PB? Still drying out in the rain?
Well since we haven't go any rain yet.... yes

flow51

Quote from: imtie on November 05, 2018, 06:31:56 pm
Well since we haven't go any rain yet.... yes

It's on its way... about 8:30ish

imtie

Quote from: flow51 on November 05, 2018, 06:46:56 pm
It's on its way... about 8:30ish
we will see hope it goes around

WHITEchicken

It rained a little today. The field looks like a cow pasture where the cows ate all the grass and then left after the rains came.

ea cat

Rida4Life

Quote from: Sick Dog on November 03, 2018, 02:36:19 pm
Nice try Smackover. Everyone knows y'all want the "feel sorry for our field" approach so y'all can get someone to agree to move it to SAU or El Dorado so y'all can use your speed on turf. Sorry no one is falling for that trick this time. Why won't yall use Norphlet field?

Good point... just move it to Norphlet.

Horse Shoe

ISU7

November 06, 2018, 12:20:18 pm #26 Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 12:37:21 pm by ISU7
Smackover should be able to beat the Bye No-Shows on a flooded  field 😂🤣

Horse Shoe

Quote from: ISU7 on November 06, 2018, 12:20:18 pm
Smackover should be able to be The Bye No-Shows on a flooded  field 😂🤣
Flooded or not, both teams have to deal with it.  You don't have to like it, but you have to accept it.

WHITEchicken

Looked at it again today. Looks like the pit of misery out there....dilly dilly

CoolBreeze

Quote from: flow51 on November 03, 2018, 09:39:49 am
Maybe fans from other schools would contribute to fund artificial turf. Then nobody would have to play in the mud.

1wildcat

It should be a huge home field advantage for Smackover.

bleudog

November 07, 2018, 02:23:39 pm #31 Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 10:19:44 am by bleudog
 Just to make the El Tejas Kid feel at home.

flow51

All joking aside... has there been any effort from anyone to improve the field/drainage issues? Anyone from Eldorado or Norphlet have any ties that could donate some money for upgrades? Heck maybe even some turf? Maybe incorporate some kind of school mileage...

dawgpound

Hit up some of the oil money around there it wouldn't take long to come up with some money

flow51

Quote from: dawgpound on November 12, 2018, 06:49:55 pm
Hit up some of the oil money around there it wouldn't take long to come up with some money
I agree... been to bad for too long..

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: flow51 on November 12, 2018, 06:22:11 pm
All joking aside... has there been any effort from anyone to improve the field/drainage issues? Anyone from Eldorado or Norphlet have any ties that could donate some money for upgrades? Heck maybe even some turf? Maybe incorporate some kind of school mileage...
How much do you need?

flow51

Quote from: Oldman on November 12, 2018, 07:00:53 pm
How much do you need?
Oldman since starting the "Go fund me"  last week there have been 12 people contribute $22.14. With that being said... if we do a tear out, haul in an elevated pad, and completely redo the drainage (which it needs it all) and go with Turf from FieldTurf out of Independence, MO.... it totals $1,200,000.00. So we still need $1,199,978.86. Would you like to contribute?

Jimbo Morphis

I've already made a donation but I had the records sealed. Only your superintendent can see my donation. I was going to pay for the entire deal but some of the old timers killed the deal because I'm from McGehee. Wouldn't let someone from McGehee break the donation record that was set a long time ago.

Sick Dog

Quote from: Oldman on November 12, 2018, 07:00:53 pm
How much do you need?
A tax increase to support a new turf football field? Good luck with that!
That would not happen in an community. People are jealous of football especially the ones who don't play or have any interest in it. Even some of those who have played don't want to vote for a tax increase to help it. Just stating the facts from what I have heard around every where. Even though it would be for a good cause and help the school and the community.

flow51

Yeah that seems to be the problem all around. I tried to donate a complete turn key job last year but there seem to be to many people in their "high HORSE" that shot it down! Said they have enough "big BUCKS".

Sick Dog

PM me and we will gladly take that donation at our school and even name the field after you! We would even take a half donation and we will do it. We will even build sky box just for you to sit in each week.

WHITEchicken

The yes smack made it to the championship someone in the community offered to turf the field. For some reason it never got done. If a mil is passed for anything I would hope it would be for a new gym.

flow51

Atleast they are moving the game to a nicer field!

WHITEchicken

Nicer field yeah but away from home hurts.

flow51

I think they will be fine this week...  it next week maybe a different question

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: WHITEchicken on November 12, 2018, 10:52:53 pm
The yes smack made it to the championship someone in the community offered to turf the field. For some reason it never got done. If a mil is passed for anything I would hope it would be for a new gym.

They decided to build the indoor facility instead.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: WHITEchicken on November 12, 2018, 10:52:53 pm
Gym? Smackover plays basketball?

flow51

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 13, 2018, 11:03:59 am
They decided to build the indoor facility instead.

Indoor facility? With a game field like that??! Sounds like a decision most would make...

1wildcat

Quote from: flow51 on November 12, 2018, 07:14:29 pm
Oldman since starting the "Go fund me"  last week there have been 12 people contribute $22.14. With that being said... if we do a tear out, haul in an elevated pad, and completely redo the drainage (which it needs it all) and go with Turf from FieldTurf out of Independence, MO.... it totals $1,200,000.00. So we still need $1,199,978.86. Would you like to contribute?
$1,999,977.86 ;)

AlumniLights

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 03, 2018, 10:24:40 pm
Who bashed the play calling? Lol. One time. And we all do it. 

I can assure you aren't referring to me about the fair weather fan. 🤣

PB, you can say what you want, even on the opposite side of War Memorial where I sat a few years ago, I was scratching my head at the play calling. YOU GUYS SHOULD HAVE HOISTED THE TROPHY. Glad to see you guys get a coach who utilizes his talent!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas