• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

magnet cove @ des arc rnd 1

Started by Pick_DA_EAGLES, November 03, 2018, 09:37:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pick_DA_EAGLES

not sure what to expect from the cove, I do know des arc is starting to play better and if they keep improving, I think we can get this win.

des arc by 2 scores.

godgiven999

Old Scrapper

wireman41

Im just hoping magnet shows up and makes it a game. Would love to see the my panthers win but i dont think they can make it 4 qtrs. Seems like we run out of gas in second half. Hate to say it but des arc by 17

YoungBoat35

I think the game will depend on DA's offensive line. The backfield has hit some bumps in the road during the course of the season, but they look as strong as ever. I got DA by 14

Old Scrapper

i40traveler

Sylistically will be like they are playing each other.  I think Des Arc has a much better line but MC is supposed to have a pretty good running back, that could be the difference.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: i40traveler on November 03, 2018, 02:50:09 pm
Sylistically will be like they are playing each other.  I think Des Arc has a much better line but MC is supposed to have a pretty good running back, that could be the difference.

We have 4 backs averaging over 7 y.p.c.

Flobbito

brown2010

N2DEEP

If MC can play 4 quarters then MC by 7

if not DA by 14

As long as I have Verizon 4G I will be streaming the game:

https://www.youtube.com/c/PPRDSports

GatorBall

Quote from: YoungBoat35 on November 03, 2018, 02:33:06 pm
I think the game will depend on DA's offensive line. The backfield has hit some bumps in the road during the course of the season, but they look as strong as ever. I got DA by 14

I hate to say it as well but DA should win this one easily!

Only one question...how does DA almost beat Bauxite then turn around the next week and lose to McCrory? Head scratcher!!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: GatorBall on November 04, 2018, 04:20:58 pm
I hate to say it as well but DA should win this one easily!

Only one question...how does DA almost beat Bauxite then turn around the next week and lose to McCrory? Head scratcher!!

Got a case of the big head, helmets barely fit that week. Thought McCrory would just lay down.

Hawgpilot

Quote from: N2DEEP on November 04, 2018, 03:13:03 pm

if not DA by 14

MC played well for the first half against CC.  They did a good job of mixing up their D line and stunts.  Also I was impressed wth their RB.  He's a load with good feet.

That said, I expect DA to win this one by a couple of scores.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: N2DEEP on November 04, 2018, 03:13:03 pm

if not DA by 14

You should not have any problems with signal.

Bearden_Bear72

tigerblood

November 05, 2018, 10:06:39 am #16 Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 10:10:15 am by tigerblood
My sister called me this morning and said she needed a babysitter for friday night. Said that he had an important doctors appointment and couldn't find anyone to watch her kids. She was kinda beating around the bush about me being off since I got laid off last week. I'll never understand way smokers can take a 15 minute break every hour but i cant walk out and stone cold a couple natty's real quick. Oh well so I got laid off, then she asked if I could watch Crystal and Rebel. I said, "Heck naw woman, I got to watch my Des Arc Eagles play!" She said they could go to the game to and I said, "Heck naw, Crystal wouldn't have fun cause of her vision problem." Last week she was playing with Uncle Lonnie's donkey, I guess she got to close to the back of it. It kicked her right between the eyes, shes been cross eyed ever since. Finally, my sister said "Okay fine, but if you go you need to take some pictures so I can see that good looking Brian Paschal on the sidelines." I said, "Say no more, I going to have my disposable camera and then I'll take it down to the wally world and get them things printed out real big for ya!". If any of you fellas know the wall very well, tell him my sister likes his tight pants. And if hes interested, shes blonde and about 5'9 120 pounds. She used to be a little heavier, but then she got off on the smokey white devil and lost a few pounds. Shes been clean for a couple days though, if hes interested! Needless to say, I am excited for this home playoff game boys!

Ole_Trickster

so heres the deal, des arc has a good o-line ill give them that, but i heard ole MC has 6'10 beast and they had decent size on the line, and i dont know how des arc's line will handle them boys.

bearfan

i've seen both teams play, to me they are pretty equal i have Magnet Cove by 14

N2DEEP

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 04, 2018, 05:07:40 pm
You should not have any problems with signal.

Thanks. I have Verizon and 4G streams fine, but did not want to pay AAA's blood money if there was not adequate signal.

Quote from: Ole_Trickster on November 05, 2018, 11:36:47 am
so heres the deal, des arc has a good o-line ill give them that, but i heard ole MC has 6'10 beast and they had decent size on the line, and i dont know how des arc's line will handle them boys.

This big ole boy is mine. He is 6'9" and 365, but not a beast; maybe Friday night he turns into one. He has not played since 6th grade, so needless to say a little rusty and stiff. He decided his senior year to give it a go. He has a temper (bright red hair), but has not put it to use on the field yet, but at 365 lbs he is still tough to move. He only plays defense.

We have ok size, but are inexperienced; we have 2 sophs, 1 jr, and 2 sr. Last year we had a great line with great size, but this year we may average 200 lbs across the line.

Hornet68

November 05, 2018, 01:14:28 pm #20 Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 01:16:19 pm by Hornet68
Last year second round mc had us down 14-0 at half. They are a very disciplined team and have some really hard nosed running backs. Just couldn't fight off the swarm, but on a serious note, des arc should handle them well with big chuck leading the pack. That boy has some grunt to him and he isn't scared to be physica atleast he was when I was a senior last year. . Good luck mc but gonna take desarc by 3 scores

BearCats9

I will say that although the rankings don't show it, Magnet Cove is the second best team out of the 5. As a fan of CC they played us to their full extent and it showed. If they don't give up they just might win this game. DA has a very good offensive line but if Magnet Coves defense steps up they could pull this one out.

Hasbeen92

November 05, 2018, 08:57:27 pm #22 Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 08:59:17 pm by Hasbeen92
Quote from: tigerblood on November 05, 2018, 10:06:39 am
My sister called me this morning and said she needed a babysitter for friday night. Said that he had an important doctors appointment and couldn't find anyone to watch her kids. She was kinda beating around the bush about me being off since I got laid off last week. I'll never understand way smokers can take a 15 minute break every hour but i cant walk out and stone cold a couple natty's real quick. Oh well so I got laid off, then she asked if I could watch Crystal and Rebel. I said, "Heck naw woman, I got to watch my Des Arc Eagles play!" She said they could go to the game to an
d I said, "Heck naw, Crystal wouldn't have fun cause of her vision problem." Last week she was playing with Uncle Lonnie's donkey, I guess she got to close to the back of it. It kicked her right between the eyes, shes been cross eyed ever since. Finally, my sister said "Okay fine, but if you go you need to take some pictures so I can see that good looking Brian Paschal on the sidelines." I said, "Say no more, I going to have my disposable camera and then I'll take it down to the wally world and get them things printed out real big for ya!". If any of you fellas know the wall very well, tell him my sister likes his tight pants. And if hes interested, shes blonde and about 5'9 120 pounds. She used to be a little heavier, but then she got off on the smokey white devil and lost a few pounds. Shes been clean for a couple days though, if hes interested! Needless to say, I am excited for this home playoff game boys!
There's no doubt in my mind you was raised right outside of Des Arc city limits

tigerblood

November 07, 2018, 10:55:14 am #23 Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 01:38:25 pm by tigerblood
Last night as I was laying down before bed, I began to contemplate my 2nd divorce from my first wife. After listening to 103.7's Drivetime Sports and drinking nattys all afternoon, I typically end the evening in deep thought. At some point between who got the dogs and deciding if we could still be cousins, I fell asleep. Next thing I knew I was in a small room at a table. Brian Paschal emerged from the darkness with Martin Guthrie at his side. I began to speak, but Brian raised his small finger high into the air and held it there for what felt like an hour. Then he said, "Are you ready?" I was, at that moment I was ready to run through a brick wall. Just then Houdini Widener busted down the door at the back of the room and let out some kind of crazy war chant. Almost simultaneously Brian's stomach began to rumble. Martin Guthrie pulled out a snickers from his wonder beard, which Brian began to eat. His shirt began to rip as he transformed into 'The Wall'. I dont know how he got on his roller blades so quickly but the next thing I knew, he was rolling fast toward the door with his chaps flapping in the wind. However, his calculations were a bit off and he ran straight through the wall leaving a gaping hole and a pile of dust. I had been so distracted by this that I had not noticed Houdini Widener wrestling a live black panther all while being shirtless and still screaming his war chant. Not knowing what to do, I walked out through the hole that Brian 'The Wall' had left just in time to see him fly by going so fast that his chaps were beginning to loosen. Martin running after him, screaming to slow down. Houdini Widener emerged from the darkness, of what was the building, tired and dirty. We made brief eye contact and he said "It is finished". Brian's skates came to a halt, I guess Martin did not hear what had happened and he ran face first into 'The Wall's' backside and then fell to the ground.

At that moment I awoke to my alarm, "What you know bout me, what you know bout me". So many things are beginning to connect my life with that of my dreams. The last time I had heard this song, it was standing in front of the green building with Brian. Anyway, maybe its the fact that I finished that 30 last night or maybe Houdini Widener is tellin me something subconsciously. I am going to go with the Eagles this week 35-21 over the Magnet Cove Panthers.

mrk1027

I wasn't aware that Charlie Sheen would be gracing this board, exciting!!!

Magnet Cove is more talented than their record indicates. I know their coach, one of the brighter young minds of the coaching world. I except MC to make this game one to watch, unless DA is far better than I heard.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: mrk1027 on November 08, 2018, 10:07:10 am
I wasn't aware that Charlie Sheen would be gracing this board, exciting!!!

Magnet Cove is more talented than their record indicates. I know their coach, one of the brighter young minds of the coaching world. I except MC to make this game one to watch, unless DA is far better than I heard.

naw we are not any good at all, had a terrible week of practice, our coach is old and washed up, his mind is wasted from reading tigerbloods post. im sure we will just lay down. not sure where you get your info, but des arc played one BAD game (the McCrory game) the rest have been solid enough to beat most teams.

good thing is, its almost Friday.

mrk1027

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 08, 2018, 10:36:30 am

naw we are not any good at all, had a terrible week of practice, our coach is old and washed up, his mind is wasted from reading tigerbloods post. im sure we will just lay down. not sure where you get your info, but des arc played one BAD game (the McCrory game) the rest have been solid enough to beat most teams.

good thing is, its almost Friday.

Yeah never said Des Arc isn't good or heard such. What I have heard is that they are a very good team in the playoffs. Is that better? Don't make an argument off my post when I admittedly know nothing about 2018 DA

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: mrk1027 on November 08, 2018, 10:39:54 am
Yeah never said Des Arc isn't good or heard such. What I have heard is that they are a very good team in the playoffs. Is that better? Don't make an argument off my post when I admittedly know nothing about 2018 DA

it was all in humor, man.

mrk1027

Pick_DA_EAGLES

mrk1027

Negative, I don't have a dog in this fight to speak of. Just a friend on the MC staff

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: mrk1027 on November 08, 2018, 11:57:08 am
Negative, I don't have a dog in this fight to speak of. Just a friend on the MC staff

gotcha

mrk1027

I hurt myself at the catfish buffet too bad last time  ;D

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: mrk1027 on November 08, 2018, 12:03:51 pm
I hurt myself at the catfish buffet too bad last time  ;D

that's a good thing though.  :D

Ricky Bobby

If I remember correctly, and I think I do.. We're talking a steel cage match between "Houdini" Widener, and "Doogie Howser" Carmikle. I expect this game to be the royal rumble of the first round. I'm talking steel chairs, and wheel routes.
Having seen both teams, I'm gonna say "Doogie Howser" Carmikle and the panthers win it by 3.

tigerblood

Quote from: Ricky Bobby on November 08, 2018, 02:06:45 pm
If I remember correctly, and I think I do.. We're talking a steel cage match between "Houdini" Widener, and "Doogie Howser" Carmikle. I expect this game to be the royal rumble of the first round. I'm talking steel chairs, and wheel routes.
Having seen both teams, I'm gonna say "Doogie Howser" Carmikle and the panthers win it by 3.

Listen here pal, I dont think you got any sense. Ole Houdini Widener has Carmikle by about 120 pounds. Plus if you add DC Brian The Wall Paschal into the mix youll be in a world of hurt. I tell ya one thing, I'll be in the front row poppin tabs from my coleman cooler. It'll be about as exciting as a Lynard Skynyrd concert. You cant take a man with two first names serious any how.

Ricky Bobby

You outta change your name from tigerblood to pantherbait. Friday night it'll be a match-up like Martha Stewart vs. Muhammad Ali. Ol Houdi Widener will be chasing Doogie Howser around all night. Carmikle will be kicking shins and scorin' touchdowns.
The Wall, you say? From the looks of it, your wall has a hole in it. See you there, I'll be slammin' buttered popcorn and that orange kool-aid.

MomaLion

N2DEEP

Safe travels to everyone.

Also how big in the des arc press box? Trying to prepare myself for the livestream. So far this year I have been in the press box (Magnet Cove, Poyen), on top of the press box(Mt View, Mt Ida, Mt Pine), and beside the press box (Conway Christian).

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: N2DEEP on November 09, 2018, 07:01:16 am
Safe travels to everyone.

Also how big in the des arc press box? Trying to prepare myself for the livestream. So far this year I have been in the press box (Magnet Cove, Poyen), on top of the press box(Mt View, Mt Ida, Mt Pine), and beside the press box (Conway Christian).

It's pretty good sized. If you go to our team page on here (use the team page link at the bottom of this page) I believe the picture I provided that's on the team profile section includes the press box.

Come to des arc early enough to go to Dondies or to the Sno White dairy bar to eat, both have very good catfish.

tigerblood

Quote from: Ricky Bobby on November 08, 2018, 02:20:48 pm
You outta change your name from tigerblood to pantherbait. Friday night it'll be a match-up like Martha Stewart vs. Muhammad Ali. Ol Houdi Widener will be chasing Doogie Howser around all night. Carmikle will be kicking shins and scorin' touchdowns.
The Wall, you say? From the looks of it, your wall has a hole in it. See you there, I'll be slammin' buttered popcorn and that orange kool-aid.

That right there is your problem pal, you been drinkin to much of that kool aid. I wonder how well he'll be kicking shins trying to catch up to Houdini's high powered ground and pound. And let me tell you this, the only hole in that wall is a belly button so when you run face first into Brian 'The Wall' Paschals stomach you wont be anything but a grease spot on the turf.

tigerblood

Boys ive been waiting till about 5 oclock today so I can call in to the drivetime and talk to my good buddy Randy on the air about this match up! Be ready for a good ole tigerblood update.

Ricky Bobby

Today's the day the Wall falls down.
Doogie Howser and the panthers are coming into the land of the flying chickens to gobble down a delicious dinner, and then lay the smack down on the gridiron. I hope Houdini Widener and the Wall packed their lunch because the panthers are gonna need celebratory meal for the ride home.

Hornetsfan02

Well Ricky Bobby, if you're gonna beat the eagles, you have to play a PERFECT GAME. Des Arc tends to get called for quite a few penalties and get hurt by turn overs, but they are one of the better teams in the state. Speaking from experience (seeing as hazen has already played them), I know just how good they are.

baseball13

Quote from: tigerblood on November 09, 2018, 12:42:47 pm
Boys ive been waiting till about 5 oclock today so I can call in to the drivetime and talk to my good buddy Randy on the air about this match up! Be ready for a good ole tigerblood update.

tigerblood I was listening just to hear you and all I hear is randy tigerblood 1 tigerblood 2 tigerblood 3 rick said you were a block of ice waiting 22 min to get in and freezing up.

Old Scrapper

Just by looking at the score updates, y'all in a  dang ole dog fight up there.

Coach95

Wildcatalumni21

Sounds like a great game to be at!

cuz

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas