• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Atkins @ Lamar 1st Round

Started by Hitman Warrior23, November 03, 2018, 07:32:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hitman Warrior23

Can Lamar bounce back? No one seen Charleston coming to Warrior Field and doing what they did.  Not an excuse but Charleston had allot more to play for in that game and was somewhat cornered. Its do or die time for every team now, as a Warrior Fan I'm hoping we can bounce back.
Do not know much about Atkins just see they can put points up.  Afraid to even through out a prediction.  But I'll say Lamar in a close one 21-14.

chucktownboys

Hitman that's how it is this time of year, win or go start bouncing basketballs. Lamar had a lot of pride to play for and momentum headed into playoffs. Last night on their home field that is what playoff football looks like. You may get one game against a lower seed you can handle after that you'd better buckle up your chin straps and be ready to play, that's why it's so hard to do year after year.
Tigers like playing football.

SR30

Atkins QB can sling it and beat you deep. Secondary better be ready for sure.

Red Devil Dad

Atkins runs the same offense and has a lot of the same players that beat Lamar the last two years. Should be a good game this year.  The Devils have been inconsistent all year but if they are playing like they are capable of they can play with anyone.  If the same team shows up that played Danville and Mayflower the Warriors will will win big. I have a feeling the Devils will show up for this one and shock everyone outside of Atkins and repeat the last 2 years.

beach bum

This is one of the better first round games.... This is a bad matchup for Lamar so this worries me for them. Throw in Atkins is just down I-40 for very little travel to negate some of the playoff home field advantage.... I can't believe I am doing this going against Lamar, but I am taking Atkins by 7

Lineman

Atkins by at least 7. If Atkins can sling the ball around, they'll get the warriors on their heels & it'll be an early start to the warrior bball season.

xadboy

This game will depend on which warrior team show's up. If the team that played Charleston shows up, it'll be a long night. Can they rebound after a very disappointing loss and effort vs Charleston?

beach bum

TheTruth2010

If you ask me, Lamar needs to find a new Offense. It's like their offense packed and left for vacation at the halftime of the Greenland game.

elmerfudd

Quote from: xadboy on November 03, 2018, 02:05:47 pm
This game will depend on which warrior team show's up. If the team that played Charleston shows up, it'll be a long night. Can they rebound after a very disappointing loss and effort vs Charleston?

They didn't respond at all after getting their first punch in the mouth, even against a lesser opponent (no offense Chuck), so probably not.

blackandoldgold

If you guys don't think football is crazy, please explain how Booneville beats Charleston 42-3 & Charleston beats Lamar worse than Booneville did?

Knowing Lamar had second place wrapped up, did Lamar rest a lot of their starters against Charleston? Just curious.

I'll still go with Lamar in a tight game. Possibly 2 or 3 plays total decide the difference.

elmerfudd

Quote from: blackandoldgold on November 03, 2018, 03:31:12 pm
If you guys don't think football is crazy, please explain how Booneville beats Charleston 42-3 & Charleston beats Lamar worse than Booneville did?

Knowing Lamar had second place wrapped up, did Lamar rest a lot of their starters against Charleston? Just curious.

I'll still go with Lamar in a tight game. Possibly 2 or 3 plays total decide the difference.

Football is certainly a crazy sport!!

But to explain your question, Booneville had two TD's negated by poor officiating at Lamar. A scoop & score fumbled exchange that was hilariously called an "incomplete pass" and another TD run that was called back for holding. The holding call might have been legit (I didn't see it) but it was called on a lineman who hasn't been flagged all year long. So Booneville really scored 42. 35 at the very least.

That being said, football is still crazy!

xadboy

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on November 03, 2018, 02:27:37 pm
If you ask me, Lamar needs to find a new Offense. It's like their offense packed and left for vacation at the halftime of the Greenland game.
Lamar needs a pass defense.

Warriors023

Lamar has half of a pass defense. There's 2 kids in the secondary that can play some ball. The other half I don't know about, they have their nights.

TheTruth2010

Quote from: xadboy on November 03, 2018, 04:59:13 pm
Were also going to need more than 6 points per game

athletic supporter

Quote from: xadboy on November 03, 2018, 04:59:13 pm

This tells me Atkins has a very good shot at the upset

macadoshis

I think both teams had alot to play for.  Lamar doesn't want to lose on senior night and definitely not to Charleston.  Was shocked to see them come out flat.  Then I talk to Caudle before the game and find out he's hurt I surely think Lamar takes it easily.  Ross had so many wide open receivers to throw to it was crazy. 
If Atkins throw it around like everyone says it's gonna be a game.  If I was those Red Devil coaches there scouting I'd be chomping at the bit after what I witnessed.  They have to feel really good going into Friday.  No score prediction. I think it could go either way.

xadboy

Quote from: Warriors023 on November 03, 2018, 05:26:09 pm
Lamar has half of a pass defense. There's 2 kids in the secondary that can play some ball. The other half I don't know about, they have their nights.
Our secondary is going to have to step up HUGELY in order to just get out of the first round much less go any further than the second round. The offense has struggled to say the least. But I think they can get that going before the secondary does.

High Voltage

Just my opinion from the outside looking in, I think Lamar put so much time and effort into the Booneville game that the loss has affected them. I think Charleston even took more wind out of their sails. Atkins wins in a close game.

CatPride

If Lamar wants to see round 2, they will have to put these last 2 losses behind them.

eagles18

I believe this will be a high scoring game (both teams scoring 30+) Atkins passing attack should be able to expose Lamar's defense. However, Atkins is weak in the trenches. If Lamar can take advantage of that they should be very successful offensively. This game will come down to turnovers and which defense has the better game plan.

TheTruth2010

If Lamar can get their offense in gear they should win this game. If we're still stuck in neutral it'll be a long night and rough ending to the season.

Red Devil Dad

Atkins oline definitely has some problems but the dline is a different story.  They are quick to the ball and overall one of the better defense's Atkins has had in years. We still struggle with teams with a lot of speed. We are fast but not 4.5 fast. Power running teams like Lamar can give us problems and eat away at the clock but we can usually overcome it and get the win. Should be a good game. 

Coach Saban

Another Passing team. Lamar is in trouble.

Hitman Warrior23

Well again to me it's just how the Warriors respond to the last 2 fridays.   They get hungry from it I say they are back to the type of team they were 3 fridays ago, if
The Warriors are emotionally beat down then it could be the end.   Hopefully WARRIORS bounce back up and end with a bang!

xadboy

Can Lamar recapture the intensity they were playing with a couple of weeks ago? Maybe they'll prove me wrong but I'm going Atkins by 3 scores.

Bearcatdad

Lamar bounces back with a close win over Atkins. 

AlumniLights

In all seriousness, Lamar playing basketball isn't a bad thing, after all, they are better at basketball don't you think?

Warriors023

Lamar's offense packed it's stuff and went to the Bahamas after the 1st half of the Greenland game. Will they get back in time to roll over the Red Devils? We can only hope. Lamar's offense has the ability to chew the clock. Keep the ball out of those 2 Atkins RB hands and you win the ball game. I went and watched Atkins play Thursday. Their QB has a cannon but absloutley NO awareness or vision when under pressure. That's Lamar's defensive strength is pressuring the QB. That should negate most of the passing attack. Let's just hope the secondary picks up the slack. That's all from me this week.

TheTruth2010

CapnObvious

Warriors023

Almost game time. Chilly 33 degree wind chill. 2 great teams. It's AAA playoff time!!

Warriors023

Wow, atkins is classless. 5 unsportsmanlike penalties in the 1st half.
Lamar 14
Atkins 9 2:51 in the 2nd
Lamar is pushing Atkins around.

Warriors023

Once again this week, Atkins QB is terrible under pressure

Warriors023

Lamar 21
Atkins 9
34.3 in 1st half

Red Devil Dad

Calling a bunch of high school kids classless is real classy. There were also only 2 unsportsmanlike penalties, 1 for mouthing and 1 for taking a helmet off before he left the field.  Guess your not paying attention to your own teams mouthing and pushing after the play.

elmerfudd

Quote from: Red Devil Dad on November 09, 2018, 08:17:20 pm
Calling a bunch of high school kids classless is real classy. There were also only 2 unsportsmanlike penalties, 1 for mouthing and 1 for taking a helmet off before he left the field.  Guess your not paying attention to your own teams mouthing and pushing after the play.

Don't take it personally. Warriors023 calls everyone not from Lamar classless.

Red Devil Dad

Classy play from Lamar running our QB through the fence.  It broke your fence by the way.

Warriors023

And it's final.
Lamar 28
Atkins 24

Red Devil Dad

Good game Lamar. Hard faught win.  Good luck the rest of the way

Warriors023

Quote from: Red Devil Dad on November 09, 2018, 08:38:20 pm
Classy play from Lamar running our QB through the fence.  It broke your fence by the way.
That's just hard hitting football.

CoolBreeze

This game proved to be the close, tough battle most expected.

xadboy

Quote from: Red Devil Dad on November 09, 2018, 08:38:20 pm
Just as classy as the Atkins player drilling the Lamar player in the back after the play was over.

Hitman Warrior23

Great job Atkins  hate seeing 2 local teams 1st round.   Good luck next year it was a great battle tonight, for sure had me worried!  Hope everyone made it back home safely!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: xadboy on November 09, 2018, 10:44:47 pm
Just as classy as the Atkins player drilling the Lamar player in the back after the play was over.

2 wrongs make a right?

OLDSCHOOL82

Sounds like a good game. Xadboy, just because someone makes a child like comment doesn't mean you have to respond at their level!

xadboy

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 10, 2018, 12:04:38 pm
Sounds like a good game. Xadboy, just because someone makes a child like comment doesn't mean you have to respond at their level!
Oldschool I was just pointing out that it was going both ways. Just a hard hitting emotional game for both teams.

athletic supporter

Quote from: Warriors023 on November 09, 2018, 09:42:17 pm
That's just hard hitting football.

No it's not. Running a kid thru a fence that's out of bounds is DIRTY!! Hard hitting football is doing it between the white lines.

CoolBreeze

This discussion is so last week!

xadboy

Quote from: athletic supporter on November 11, 2018, 12:58:42 pm
No it's not. Running a kid thru a fence that's out of bounds is DIRTY!! Hard hitting football is doing it between the white lines.
Get over it! Heard Dollar General has a sale on wax paper, go get you and the player a couple of rolls.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas