• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Piggott at McGehee

Started by owl84, November 02, 2018, 10:48:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

owl84

I know nothing about Piggott.  What kind of offense or defense. Opinions on possible score.

HorseFeathers

Believe Piggotts coach calls into the 103.7 scoreboard show and they joke about how many times he thought about throwing it, like they used to do with Don Campbell

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 02, 2018, 10:49:43 pm
Believe Piggotts coach calls into the 103.7 scoreboard show and they joke about how many times he thought about throwing it, like they used to do with Don Campbell
Will be a fast game.

hootingowl

November 02, 2018, 10:57:22 pm #3 Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 07:55:29 pm by hootingowl
Owls 26 piggott 8

501Arkansas

It could go either way, close game or blowout. Piggott is not a bad team

hootingowl

November 03, 2018, 01:25:24 am #5 Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 01:31:55 am by hootingowl
They looked good on film vs Newport just got passed on and looked like they had problem stopping the outside run. Gonna be a long ride from piggott to Mcgehee. Historically  teams from down south lick there chops when playing a team from northeast AR. They wont have the speed mcgehee has. If owls play there game, they will win big. If they throw interceptions and fumble ball, anyone could win. We will see what happens Friday night. :o

ISU7

Quote from: hootingowl on November 03, 2018, 01:25:24 am
They looked good on film vs Newport just got passed on and looked like they had problem stopping the outside run. Gonna be a long ride from piggott to Mcgehee. Historically  teams from down south lick there chops when playing a team from northeast AR. They wont have the speed mcgehee has. If owls play there game, they will win big. If they throw interceptions and fumble ball, anyone could win. We will see what happens Friday night. :o
hmmmm🤣🤣

blackandoldgold

This has the making of a very good ballgame. But with Hoxie traveling probably over 5 hours with a stop on the way, I'll go with McGehee in a nail bitter.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: blackandoldgold on November 03, 2018, 03:42:01 pm
This has the making of a very good ballgame. But with Hoxie traveling probably over 5 hours with a stop on the way, I'll go with McGehee in a nail bitter.
If Hoxie comes to help Piggot I don't think we stand a chance.

ISU7

Quote from: blackandoldgold on November 03, 2018, 03:42:01 pm
Hoxie traveling has nothing to do with Piggott vs Mcgehee.🤣🤣  I remember in 2015 a lot of posters said Crest traveling too Eldorado to play #1 Smackover would have an effect on them. Crest won that game. If the team is good enough to win traveling won't matter.

blackandoldgold

Sorry, meant to say Piggott. Glad somebody was paying attention. Would be tough to take on two teams.

blackandoldgold

I remember a few years back Walnut Ridge traveled to Rison & put a stomping on the home town boys. They could have traveled from the moon that night & won. As far as travel is concerned, it's just another factor to consider.

Leo Marvin

Piggott doesn't need to be overlooked

hootingowl

I've changed my mind, I think piggott will play a close  game but will lose in the end. Was unaware hoxie  was combined with piggott for this game.owls 26 ,mohawks 6 :'(

hootingowl

I'm thinking combining schools in order to win a playoff game is illegal, so win or lose mcgehee moves on!

Cougar2004

Piggott is a good team. But their defense is too inexperienced and their offense has no identity at times. Owls by 12

501Arkansas

Gunner Shaw is a bad man for piggott. That's a tough guy

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Leo Marvin on November 03, 2018, 06:28:43 pm
Piggott doesn't need to be overlooked
Mcgehee will not overlook anyone.

Leo Marvin

If Mcgehee does get the W, it sets up a great repeat second round match up.  This time home field is reversed. Newport will be ready

DogCatcher

Piggot plays smash mouth football but lack speed. McGehee will have to much speed and will take the win, unless they turn it over.

Gr3yhounds

So if mchehee best piggott it's a home game for Newport?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Gr3yhounds on November 04, 2018, 11:46:11 am
So if mchehee best piggott it's a home game for Newport?
Yes, top of the bracket is home if seeds are the same.

hootingowl

Newport hasn't beaten centrepoint yet

hootingowl

A note to all the piggott fans out there that are coming to mcgehee to game, the best bar-b-que place in this part of state is in mcgehee. Hoots bar-b-que! Will need to call ahead for reservations if u plan to eat. I highly recommend this place!

ea cat

Jimbo Morphis

I will save you money. On the south side of Pine Bluff you will come into Grady and Gould then  on the south side of Dumas is Tillar. Set your cruise 2 mph over. Grady has a bypass and the city limits goes about 3 miles south of the town.  It is possible to get tickets in all three.

Mohawk Brotherhood

Thanks for the heads up and will probably try the BBQ place..Go Mohawks!!

CoolBreeze

Should be one of the more competitive first round games.

Jimbo Morphis

Head Lion

hootingowl

Call ahead for reservations or you wont be eating at hoots. I'm originally from there and I had to learn my lesson the hard way. Showed up to eat, no reservation, I ate at sonic...lol

hootingowl

And he was not kidding bout the speed traps in Grady, Gould, tiller. Better ease thru those towns if u come town 65. They will definitely write u a ticket

hootingowl

Dont know what to say bout this being one of the more competitive first round games. Mcgehee is very good. I hope u realize this. Preseason #1 in state in some polls. 2 of 3 loses are to rison and Dumas whose combined record is 19-1. The other lose is to a class 5A school and had 7 turnovers that game.Good luck to both teams, Just know it's probably gonna be a long night for your mohawks, and a very long ride home.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: hootingowl on November 05, 2018, 12:36:20 pm
Dont know what to say bout this being one of the more competitive first round games. Mcgehee is very good. I hope u realize this. Preseason #1 in state in some polls. 2 of 3 loses are to rison and Dumas whose combined record is 19-1. The other lose is to a class 5A school and had 7 turnovers that game.Good luck to both teams, Just know it's probably gonna be a long night for your mohawks, and a very long ride home.
All due respect "very good" teams don't turn it over as much as we do. If we hold on to the ball we can play. If not welcome to deer camp.

OwlsR1

Do we have all our players back that were hurt in the beginning of the year???

hootingowl

Ok then owls are no good, probably will lose game. Good luck to the mohawks 2nd round

hootingowl

And oldman, I'm going to camp  afterwards.  Maybe I should just not go to the game If we not that good. May be a better decision, to go to camp, build a fire and listen to the wild bill and jango show on 103.1

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: hootingowl on November 05, 2018, 01:43:19 pm
And oldman, I'm going to camp  afterwards.  Maybe I should just not go to the game If we not that good. May be a better decision, to go to camp, build a fire and listen to the wild bill and jango show on 103.1
No I think you should be there Friday. You don't get to see games much anymore. If we can hold on to the ball I think we win by 2 or 3 scores.   

The Voice Seminole Nation

Don't underestimate the Piggott Mohawks.  Piggott is very good at pounding the football and controlling the clock.  If McGehee allows that to happen, this will be closer than everyone thinks.  Piggott is a smash mouth football team that loves to eat away at you and the clock.  The 4 hours and 23 minutes to McGehee will be tough for Piggott but they will get up for this game.  I look for this to be close early and McGehee finally wearing down Piggott late.  Safe travels to Piggott and prove me wrong....lol

Sick Dog

this game will go by faster than a mercy rule starting in the first quarter. lots of running will be going on.
The Owls will be hooting when this one is over. Owls by 21

ea cat

2 passes by Piggott, 5 by McGehee. Game over at 9:15.

hootingowl

I think mcgehee is going to the spread starting Friday night. Just a little surprise . More surprises to come stay tuned....

khryz

Quote from: Oldman on November 05, 2018, 09:51:10 am
I will save you money. On the south side of Pine Bluff you will come into Grady and Gould then  on the south side of Dumas is Tillar. Set your cruise 2 mph over. Grady has a bypass and the city limits goes about 3 miles south of the town.  It is possible to get tickets in all three.

Best advice ever given on this board!

1wildcat

Quote from: hootingowl on November 06, 2018, 01:39:01 pm
I think mcgehee is going to the spread starting Friday night. Just a little surprise . More surprises to come stay tuned....
They might spread one possession over an entire quarter. ;D

CoolBreeze

Quote from: 1wildcat on November 06, 2018, 04:15:18 pm
They might spread one possession over an entire quarter. ;D
It would take a lot of penalties with automatic first downs to enable them to keep it that long.

Jimbo Morphis

Gonna be a muddy mess Friday night. Taking care of the ball will be huge.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Oldman on November 07, 2018, 07:24:35 pm
Gonna be a muddy mess Friday night. Taking care of the ball will be huge.
Ball security was a problem for the Owls early in the season. Have they resolved that issue, OM?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 08, 2018, 10:39:07 am
Ball security was a problem for the Owls early in the season. Have they resolved that issue, OM?
That would be a game by game discussion. Kinda like an allergy. it comes and goes.

sprained ankle

I wonder if Piggott has left for McGehee yet?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: sprained ankle on November 09, 2018, 05:51:44 am
I wonder if Piggott has left for McGehee yet?
Not this early. They have the wind behind them.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas