• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Playoff Predictions and Talk

Started by The Future, November 02, 2018, 10:44:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Future

How do ya see the playoffs going?

Round 1
Greenwood

Searcy over Siloam

Marion

Russellville over Sylvan Hills

West Memphis

El Dorado over Pine Bluff

Benton

Lake Hamilton over Jonesboro

Round 2
Greenwood over Searcy

Marion over Russellville

West Memphis over El Dorado but wouldn't be surprised to see Eldo win

Benton over Lake Hamilton

Round 3
Greenwood over Marion

Benton over West Memphis

State
Greenwood 45
Benton 21

Pr8hd

I don't think Marion beats Russ potentially.

gatecrasher

El Dorado is down to their 3rd string QB (starter and backup are done for the season) and one of our starting WRs is out for the season.

zebradynasty

Quote from: gatecrasher on November 02, 2018, 10:47:39 pm
El Dorado is down to their 3rd string QB (starter and backup are done for the season) and one of our starting WRs is out for the season.

I guess it will be a battle of the wounded. Z's have lost so many players ...not sure anymore but at one point we had replaced around a dozen starters.

westmem

West Memphis blue devils have the hardest bracket while greenwood have a walk in the park. if we get there we will be tired 😓 lol but I hope Marion make it so it can a battle of the delta rivalry at war memorial stadium
Lets go devils
Lets go pats

Bigfootdogfan

Quote from: westmem on November 03, 2018, 02:48:02 pm
West Memphis blue devils have the hardest bracket while greenwood have a walk in the park. if we get there we will be tired 😓 lol but I hope Marion make it so it can a battle of the delta rivalry at war memorial stadium
Lets go devils
Lets go pats

So you are saying that if Marion wins they will be meeting WM at LR?  Another one of those #3 statements.

jeffslilbro

West Memphis does have a hard bracket. Haven't played a good team yet. Benton wins that bracket.

Bigfootdogfan

Quote from: jeffslilbro on November 03, 2018, 08:55:15 pm
West Memphis does have a hard bracket. Haven't played a good team yet. Benton wins that bracket.

Now there is a smart post!!!

westmem

I'm sure West Memphis will take care of Benton and whoever else in this bracket I don't care they win by a hair or a toenail we going to get it done ✅ so we will see y'all at wms when we play Marion 
West sucks the only good team over there Sheridan lol

The Future

Would that OT field goal win vs Jacksonville be considered a hair or toenail win??

WMWRECKINGCREW

Nobody knows the strength of Each side yet. Friday will tell alot.....

Bigfootdogfan

Quote from: WMWRECKINGCREW on November 04, 2018, 07:49:37 am
Nobody knows the strength of Each side yet. Friday will tell alot.....

YOU may not know the strength of each side but the rest of the state knows and YOU will find out Friday.

westmem

Quote from: Bigfootdogfan on November 04, 2018, 07:55:10 am

YOU may not know the strength of each side but the rest of the state knows and YOU will find out Friday.

Who cares about candyland on the other side lets go big blue
I'm pulling for the east

Bigfootdogfan

Quote from: westmem on November 04, 2018, 10:08:52 am
Who cares about candyland on the other side lets go big blue
I'm pulling for the east

Candyland???  Westmem tell me something if the west is such a candyland then why do they dominate the east so much? Doesn't say much for the east does it. Another thing who has won the 6a championship the last 10-15 years east or west? I look for the candyland to kick big bad arss east butt. I may be way off base and if I am I will eat my crow, won't be the first time.

westmem

Let me tell you something bigfootdogfan out of respect for you and the west y'all good but it's time to put the west to bed 🛌 I'm pulling for the east and that's it .I won't you to eat your crow so bad because I'm tired 💤 of listening of y'all brag all the time ,it's time to share that bragging right so sign the papers and hand that trophy 🏆 over so I hope to see Marion and west Memphis blue devils at WMS and I save you a seat 💺

Bigfootdogfan

Quote from: westmem on November 04, 2018, 02:34:33 pm
Let me tell you something bigfootdogfan out of respect for you and the west y'all good but it's time to put the west to bed 🛌 I'm pulling for the east and that's it .I won't you to eat your crow so bad because I'm tired 💤 of listening of y'all brag all the time ,it's time to share that bragging right so sign the papers and hand that trophy 🏆 over so I hope to see Marion and west Memphis blue devils at WMS and I save you a seat 💺

Fair enough, you want me to eat crow so bad and wish that the east will play for the championship I understand that because I want it to be all west and think it will. You can wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which one gets full first. LOL !!!!

Bigfootdogfan

I would think the hand you 💩 in would already be full after all these years.  😄

westmem

Lol really ??would you like a napkin or big blue fork with your crow buddy

protegewill

At the beginning of the year I thought  the 6A would be a battle of four teams....PB, Benton, W Memphis, and Greenwood.  For obvious reasons PB is out that leaves the final three to battle it out. I think W Memphis and Benton will play a instant classic with the victor being W Memphis . While Greenwood basically coasts to war memorial. Ultimately, Greenwood will dominate their opponent to win back to back championships. Great testament to Coach Jones. Here 's looking at PB to rebound and be back at War Memorial playing for the ship next year!!

WMWRECKINGCREW

I could see this happening. Probably the observation that I agree with the most. Don't get me wrong I'm Big Blue all the way but that's my heart talking.

westmem

Quote from: WMWRECKINGCREW on November 04, 2018, 06:16:21 pm
I could see this happening. Probably the observation that I agree with the most. Don't get me wrong I'm Big Blue all the way but that's my heart talking.

Then follow your heart we may take this one
Go big blue

Bigfootdogfan

Quote from: westmem on November 04, 2018, 05:11:01 pm
Lol really ??would you like a napkin or big blue fork with your crow buddy

Guess I will need both but before you start dishing up the crow please show me where I said GW or anyone else was going to win the Championship. I said I hope it will be two teams from the West. Thinking it would be GW and Benton. But to help you out so you can go buy some crow to cook up for me I will go out on a limb an and say it will be a all west Championship with GW winning. Now if I have to eat crow please serve it up with a napkin and a big blue fork. I have eaten crow before literally doesn't taste that bad.

Baitshop

The UofG picked a good year to not have one of their great teams....the rest of the state is down this year with no clear dominant team to challenge the blue and white. Now before you blue koolaid drinkin' yahoo's in south Sebastian County start hyperventilating and slobbering all over yourselves, I'm not sayin' that you don't have a fine team this year, I'm just saying that this team is not chocked full of great athletes as some of the other recent teams. Please don't fill up my mail box with your nasty PM's about my Mavs, or my job, or how you wish that you could afford to *pay me to be your PA guy on Friday nite. Please don't show up at my business and tell me why "if your boy was 2 inches taller, every D1 school in the country would be in your living room". And for goodness sake, don't catch my Momma around town and tell her that her oldest is a disgrace to the blue and white, and ask her what in the h$ll happened to me.

Now, West Memphis has a fine record, but played the weakest 7A Central team (LR Central) and two 5A teams in the non-con season...won't be battle tested enough.

Marion and Searcy are not bad teams, but won't be enough to get through WM and get to the UofG in the finals...

Sorry boys, once again, the 6A is Greenwood world and the rest of you are just living in it...

*...it could happen, but we're talkin' Foundation type money...BUT, like your other Foundation investments, it would be worth it... ;)

zebradynasty

Quote from: Baitshop on November 04, 2018, 09:17:43 pm
The UofG picked a good year to not have one of their great teams....the rest of the state is down this year with no clear dominant team to challenge the blue and white. Now before you blue koolaid drinkin' yahoo's in south Sebastian County start hyperventilating and slobbering all over yourselves, I'm not sayin' that you don't have a fine team this year, I'm just saying that this team is not chocked full of great athletes as some of the other recent teams. Please don't fill up my mail box with your nasty PM's about my Mavs, or my job, or how you wish that you could afford to *pay me to be your PA guy on Friday nite. Please don't show up at my business and tell me why "if your boy was 2 inches taller, every D1 school in the country would be in your living room". And for goodness sake, don't catch my Momma around town and tell her that her oldest is a disgrace to the blue and white, and ask her what in the h$ll happened to me.

Now, West Memphis has a fine record, but played the weakest 7A Central team (LR Central) and two 5A teams in the non-con season...won't be battle tested enough.

Marion and Searcy are not bad teams, but won't be enough to get through WM and get to the UofG in the finals...

Sorry boys, once again, the 6A is Greenwood world and the rest of you are just living in it...

*...it could happen, but we're talkin' Foundation type money...BUT, like your other Foundation investments, it would be worth it... ;)

Classic!  ;D

Bigfootdogfan

This post doesn't surprise me one bit coming from you esp. the top half. As far as finding your momma and telling her you are a disgrace, we don't have to because she already knows you are. Good luck to the Mav's next week.

The Future

Hmm so we can't insult Southside, Bensons, your PA job, or find your momma and insult you as a person?
Well poop what else is there??

.....Bait still believes in Santa! And he pours his milk before he pours his cereal!
;D

Well as tempting as it is to plan ahead to WMS, I remember 2013 where the 6A was down a bit and Greenwood was picking out rings a bit too early and Pine Bluff came in and delivered some crow. Also Greenwood got caught with both the bye bug and looking ahead the following year when Eldo came in and played their best game of the year and upset us.

Like you said, Marion or Searcy aren't bad teams. And West Memphis while their strength of schedule isn't great is still 10-0. But realistically I'm more worried about meeting Benton again at state. Playing a team twice in a year almost always produces a different result either in the difficulty of the game, the final score, or both.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Good stuff Bait...........However, you can't hold the jockstrap of our new PA announcer.  Sorry.  I guess GW upset you AGAIN, by choosing him over you for the job.   :(   Sorry buddy.

Baitshop

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on November 05, 2018, 09:37:14 am
Good stuff Bait...........However, you can't hold the jockstrap of our new PA announcer.  Sorry.  I guess GW upset you AGAIN, by choosing him over you for the job.   :(   Sorry buddy.

No worrie DuYa, I can't afford the gas to drive back and forth to the Wood 5 or 6 times a year anyway...

Pr8hd

Quote from: Baitshop on November 05, 2018, 07:37:54 pm
No worrie DuYa, I can't afford the gas to drive back and forth to the Wood 5 or 6 times a year anyway...

Now, every time I drive by Benson's it is packed out , plus didn't you sell the roller rink as well? You got to be enjoying some fruits of your hard work...

Baitshop

November 05, 2018, 08:04:37 pm #29 Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 08:07:07 pm by Baitshop
Quote from: Bigfootdogfan on November 05, 2018, 08:15:05 am

This post doesn't surprise me one bit coming from you esp. the top half. As far as finding your momma and telling her you are a disgrace, we don't have to because she already knows you are. Good luck to the Mav's next week.

See, I knew that there was gonna be some truly upset koolaid drinker that was gonna get their shorts in a wad. Go back and reread what my first paragraph said and tell me where I am not right. Now go slather on some of that Boudreaux Butt Paste on your diaper rash and read the part where I said that I wasn't saying that you boys didn't "have a fine team this year". And THEN, go and read the part where I said:
"Sorry boys, once again, the 6A is Greenwood world and the rest of you are just living in it..."

See that's the problem with (some of) you yahoo's on the board. You don't mind taking shots at other folks kids or coaches, but God forbid that someone makes a comment that doesn't praise "all things UofG". And, as I can personally attest, instead of rebutting someone's opinion with facts, some of you guys 1.) Blow up someone's message box, 2.) visit folks place of business and confront them over HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL, and 3.) catch my 75+ year old momma in public and tell her what a disgrace and joke that I am and ask her what happened to me....again fellas...over HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL!!.

Let me tell you boys about the old days when the 7A board used to be rockin'. Some of those threads are in the Hall of Fame section here on FF. We would go at it like cats and dogs for a whole season, I mean REALLY go at it like the old Alma poster and Delta Razor would go at it. NO holds barred, everything was on the table. Well, we would go after each other the whole season and virtually every week, whether we went there or they came to our place, we would me these fellers before the game and eat dinner together. Nobody was writing letter to our AD about us, nobody was showing up at folks jobs wanting to confront them, shoot there are guys that we drug each other all over the board with that have been to my son's graduation from college, I've been to a guy's daughters wedding, heck, I've even vacationed with guys that we went at it with each other here on the board.

You boys need to start following the lead of ol' Pr8hd, he has been around a while and knows how to keep this message board stuff in perspective....there is a lot to be learned from a guy like that. (BTW, did you guys know that he used to be a newpaper writer?)

Now you boys go on and get yourself anotherin' of them Championship rings and relax a bit....

Bigfootdogfan

Quote from: Baitshop on November 05, 2018, 08:04:37 pm
See, I knew that there was gonna be some truly upset koolaid drinker that was gonna get their shorts in a wad. Go back and reread what my first paragraph said and tell me where I am not right. Now go slather on some of that Boudreaux Butt Paste on your diaper rash and read the part where I said that I wasn't saying that you boys didn't "have a fine team this year". And THEN, go and read the part where I said:
"Sorry boys, once again, the 6A is Greenwood world and the rest of you are just living in it..."

See that's the problem with (some of) you yahoo's on the board. You don't mind taking shots at other folks kids or coaches, but God forbid that someone makes a comment that doesn't praise "all things UofG". And, as I can personally attest, instead of rebutting someone's opinion with facts, some of you guys 1.) Blow up someone's message box, 2.) visit folks place of business and confront them over HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL, and 3.) catch my 75+ year old momma in public and tell her what a disgrace and joke that I am and ask her what happened to me....again fellas...over HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL!!.

Let me tell you boys about the old days when the 7A board used to be rockin'. Some of those threads are in the Hall of Fame section here on FF. We would go at it like cats and dogs for a whole season, I mean REALLY go at it like the old Alma poster and Delta Razor would go at it. NO holds barred, everything was on the table. Well, we would go after each other the whole season and virtually every week, whether we went there or they came to our place, we would me these fellers before the game and eat dinner together. Nobody was writing letter to our AD about us, nobody was showing up at folks jobs wanting to confront them, shoot there are guys that we drug each other all over the board with that have been to my son's graduation from college, I've been to a guy's daughters wedding, heck, I've even vacationed with guys that we went at it with each other here on the board.

You boys need to start following the lead of ol' Pr8hd, he has been around a while and knows how to keep this message board stuff in perspective....there is a lot to be learned from a guy like that. (BTW, did you guys know that he used to be a newpaper writer?)

Now you boys go on and get yourself anotherin' of them Championship rings and relax a bit....

You know Bait I love replying to your post just to see if I can get a response out of you, which I usually do. LOL !!!!  Love pulling your chain. Been missing you over here most of the season but I understand with the Mavs excelling like they have this year you have been very busy over on the 7a thread but that's ok because the season will be over soon for all of us and we will have to wait another 9 months till we start over again. Good luck to your Mavs this Friday.

WeRAllFans

I, and most others, must say the championship will run through Greenwood. So who's got the best shot at Greenwood? Benton(lost by 29) and El Dorado (lost by 17) played them the toughest during conference, but still lost by considerable spreads. So maybe West Memphis? The match ups as I see them.

Searcy beats Siloam Springs
Russellville beats Sylvan Hills
El Dorado beats Pine Bluff (toss up game)
Jonesboro beats Lake Hamilton

Greenwood beats Searcy
Marion beats Russellville(Marion playing well)
West Memphis beats El Dorado
Benton beats Jonesboro

Greenwood beats Marion (closer than anyone would think)
West Memphis beats Benton (squeaker)

Greenwood CHAMPS!

Toss up games=El Do vs PB   Marion vs Rville       WM vs Benton
Thoughts on these 3 toss up games????

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: WeRAllFans on November 06, 2018, 10:52:19 am
I, and most others, must say the championship will run through Greenwood. So who's got the best shot at Greenwood? Benton(lost by 29) and El Dorado (lost by 17) played them the toughest during conference, but still lost by considerable spreads. So maybe West Memphis? The match ups as I see them.

Searcy beats Siloam Springs
Russellville beats Sylvan Hills
El Dorado beats Pine Bluff (toss up game)
Jonesboro beats Lake Hamilton

Greenwood beats Searcy
Marion beats Russellville(Marion playing well)
West Memphis beats El Dorado
Benton beats Jonesboro

Greenwood beats Marion (closer than anyone would think)
West Memphis beats Benton (squeaker)

Greenwood CHAMPS!

Toss up games=El Do vs PB   Marion vs Rville       WM vs Benton
Thoughts on these 3 toss up games????

First of all, the GW over ED is a bit misleading.  A couple of misques at the end of the game made the score look closer than it really was. 

Second, The GW/Marion game will not be close

Third, Benton (if they have their running back at full strength) will beat WM

Fourth, ED beats Pine Bluff

Fifth, Russvegas over Marion

RiverRunner02

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on November 07, 2018, 11:22:39 am
First of all, the GW over ED is a bit misleading.  A couple of misques at the end of the game made the score look closer than it really was. 

I agree. It'll end up being Benton v Greenwood in the Rock. Also I think Russellville will beat Marion in the quarterfinals. The East is full of athletes but just hasn't been battle tested in my opinion like the West has and I think that could show in the playoffs.

POWERCAT PRIDE

Quote from: gatecrasher on November 02, 2018, 10:47:39 pm

Also our starting RB.  They moved up the Freshman QB to varsity this week.  He may see action. He is good, but untested

tylerb230

Any live streams for tonight's games?

Oldbomber

Baitshop

Some really competitive games in the 6A tonight...

westmem

zebrafan

Oldbomber

Are we sure someone hasn't pranked the board on the east side of state!  All games scores showed that each game was tight and went down to the wire!

westmem

And we prevailed for a weak conference so they say

WeRAllFans

Anyone got any thoughts on 6A East winning all 4 games tonight? Great games too all by 7 points or less with one OT game! So next Friday it's:

Searcy @ Greenwood
Sylvan Hills @ Marion
Pine Bluff @ West Memphis
Jonesboro @ Benton

Assures at least 2- 6A East teams in Semis!
Who ya got?

RiverRunner02

Not gonna lie... didn't expect the east to sweep at all tonight. Props to the teams that won though. Was the at the Rville/Sylvan game and it was a good one for sure and it looked the other 3 games were good ones too

Topdog1

Final 4 for sure Benton/West Memphis & Greenwood/Marion. 

we_hate_the_band

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on November 07, 2018, 11:22:39 am

Look at nostradamus over here.

zebrafan

jeffslilbro

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas