• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Helena-West Helena at Pea Ridge

Started by MoChedda, November 02, 2018, 10:29:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HeberFan

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 12, 2018, 08:18:26 am
Maybe they just didn't want the HWH guy in the press box. The dude gets involved and gets loud. We were in the middle of being throttled by the Cougars and he was so loud, he was coming through on the Jacks broadcast. Some of the stuff he said and the way he said it was funny. He cracked me up several times, glad he didn't stroke as he reported.

He is passionate and loud for sure, but your issue in Warren is that you don't have booths. Everybody is sitting right next to each other with no buffer.

prHOG13

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 12, 2018, 06:30:20 am
No, it's not the norm. I've never been to a stadium that couldn't accommodate visiting media inside the press box. Doesn't PR have a new stadium too? That just shows a lack of class.
There is a visiting media box. It only seats about 4 people and if there are local newspaper folks in there like Chip or our town paper or the 5NEWS guy, they broadcast outside just like our RTV folks do.

Farmington had to do their broadcast outside too, as did Berryville radio.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 12, 2018, 08:38:51 am
He is passionate and loud for sure, but your issue in Warren is that you don't have booths. Everybody is sitting right next to each other with no buffer.
Yeah, my dad poured the concrete for the press box way back when it was built. It seemed huge back then but every year between adding coaches, more media and play clock crew, y'all are sardines in there now.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: prHOG13 on November 12, 2018, 10:30:33 am
There is a visiting media box. It only seats about 4 people and if there are local newspaper folks in there like Chip or our town paper or the 5NEWS guy, they broadcast outside just like our RTV folks do.

Farmington had to do their broadcast outside too, as did Berryville radio.

Just sounds like poor planning that there's not a dedicated booth for visiting radio. Hopefully we'll never have to come up there if that's the case.

prHOG13

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 12, 2018, 11:19:22 am
Just sounds like poor planning that there's not a dedicated booth for visiting radio. Hopefully we'll never have to come up there if that's the case.
It's going to be corrected soon.

And the feeling is mutual Sugar :)

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: prHOG13 on November 12, 2018, 12:48:12 pm
It's going to be corrected soon.

And the feeling is mutual Sugar :)

I don't blame ya, I'm sure you'd rather play teams you could actually beat.  :D

prHOG13

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 12, 2018, 12:49:26 pm
I don't blame ya, I'm sure you'd rather play teams you could actually beat.  :D
If only we could play against powers like Dewitt...

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: prHOG13 on November 12, 2018, 03:20:00 pm

Who are they playing this week?

And they scored more on HWH than you guys did.  :D

phdefense

Quote from: prHOG13 on November 12, 2018, 03:20:00 pm
Better box than PR LOL. SO yes play DeWitt and learn how to have 4A facilities.

beach bum

Quote from: phdefense on November 12, 2018, 04:10:06 pm
Better box than PR LOL. SO yes play DeWitt and learn how to have 4A facilities.

They better upgrade them to 5A facilities by the 2020 season too....

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: beach bum on November 12, 2018, 05:14:27 pm
They better upgrade them to 5A facilities by the 2020 season too....

Isn't 2018 the end of a 2 year cycle ?

Hog Lefty

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 12, 2018, 05:30:33 pm
Isn't 2018 the end of a 2 year cycle ?

2019 is the end of the 2 yr cycle.  I know PR is on the borderline of moving up along with PG & Berryville.  The 1-4A could look drasticly different in 2020.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: Hog Lefty on November 12, 2018, 05:32:56 pm

2019 is the end of the 2 yr cycle.  I know PR is on the borderline of moving up along with PG & Berryville.  The 1-4A could look drasticly different in 2020.

So would the 1-4- pick up West Fork, Elkins and who else possibly?

beach bum

November 12, 2018, 05:59:22 pm #114 Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 06:05:30 pm by beach bum
Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 12, 2018, 05:55:01 pm
So would the 1-4- pick up West Fork, Elkins and who else possibly?

Look at this thread here saintmax.... I put what all the conferences in NWA will look like for the 2020 and 2021 football season. I thought PG and Gravette may go up this cycle, but only Pea Ridge will make the jump. Maybe PG and Gravette go in 2022? My conference possibilities for the 7A West, 5A West, 1-4A, 1-3A, and 4-2A are about 2/3 down that thread below. Lincoln because they look like they can go either 3A or 4A..... As well as Huntsville who could go either 4A or 5A are the two schools who may throw a wrench in the NWA conferences. Pea Ridge is firm to move up to 5A though. These ADE numbers are very close to what we will see the AAA release next fall for classifications, but there is a tiny margin of error and Lincoln and Huntsville are literally right on the fringe of their respective classifications in 2020 and 2021 so they are the two who will ultimately settle what we see the 1-4A looking like.

http://www.fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=157814.0

prHOG13

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 12, 2018, 03:24:46 pm
Who are they playing this week?

And they scored more on HWH than you guys did.  :D
No one, because they went winless in conference yet managed to stop the train

Both teams in our game were scoreless going into OT so yeah it wasn't exactly a shootout. Dewitt also gave up a lot more points than we did. Let's keep doing this transitive property stuff cause I know how much you love it.

beach bum

Quote from: prHOG13 on November 12, 2018, 06:04:47 pm
No one, because they went winless in conference yet managed to stop the train

Both teams in our game were scoreless going into OT so yeah it wasn't exactly a shootout. Dewitt also gave up a lot more points than we did. Let's keep doing this transitive property stuff cause I know how much you love it.

You're going to have to tone down your words so us regular folk can understand  ;D

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: beach bum on November 12, 2018, 05:59:22 pm

Look at this thread here saintmax.... I put what all the conferences in NWA will look like for the 2020 and 2021 football season. I thought PG and Gravette may go up this cycle, but only Pea Ridge will make the jump. Maybe PG and Gravette go in 2022? My conference possibilities for the 7A West, 5A West, 1-4A, 1-3A, and 4-2A are about 2/3 down that thread below. Lincoln because they look like they can go either 3A or 4A..... As well as Huntsville who could go either 4A or 5A are the two schools who may throw a wrench in the NWA conferences. Pea Ridge is firm to move up to 5A though. These ADE numbers are very close to what we will see the AAA release next fall for classifications, but there is a tiny margin of error and Lincoln and Huntsville are literally right on the fringe of their respective classifications in 2020 and 2021 so they are the two who will ultimately settle what we see the 1-4A looking like.

http://www.fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=157814.0

Perfect. This is exactly what I was looking for.   Thanks !!!

beach bum

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 12, 2018, 06:15:44 pm
Perfect. This is exactly what I was looking for.   Thanks !!!

No problem.... The key is we really want to see one of Lincoln or Huntsville in 4A. If not Ozark has to come into the 1-4A like they did about a half decade ago which the 4-4A is just such a better fit for them. They're the ones who should really be rooting for Huntsville and Lincoln to be 4A. Elkins looks like it will come into the 1-4A more than likely which is a much better fit for them unless Huntsville and Lincoln both end up 4A. That would boot Elkins into the 4-4A as well like they are now.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: beach bum on November 12, 2018, 06:20:10 pm

No problem.... The key is we really want to see one of Lincoln or Huntsville in 4A. If not Ozark has to come into the 1-4A like they did about a half decade ago which the 4-4A is just such a better fit for them. They're the ones who should really be rooting for Huntsville and Lincoln to be 4A. Elkins looks like it will come into the 1-4A more than likely which is a much better fit for them unless Huntsville and Lincoln both end up 4A. That would boot Elkins into the 4-4A as well like they are now.

I agree.  Would love to see Lincoln stay and Elkins join us.

HeberFan

ea cat

Small correction. DeWitt beat Monticello to finish 1-6 in Conference. Actually led Central 2-0 at half.

Hawk4L

Any idea who all would be in PR conf when they go to 5A? I'm assuming Farmington Huntsville harrison Alma but who else ?

Stealthfan

beach bum

November 13, 2018, 04:43:26 pm #124 Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 04:47:01 pm by beach bum
Quote from: ea cat on November 13, 2018, 09:10:23 am
Small correction. DeWitt beat Monticello to finish 1-6 in Conference. Actually led Central 2-0 at half.

Click on my link above and go about 2/3 down the thread..  it tells you what every NWA conference will look like in the fall of 2020

However, as I said above Huntsville and Lincoln are the two schools in limbo that will ultimately settle what the 1-3A, 1-4A, and 5A West will look like. Lincoln has the chance to go 3A or 4A... and Huntsville may go 4A or 5A. Everyone else in NWA seems pretty firm on what classification they will end up

beach bum

November 13, 2018, 04:48:50 pm #125 Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 04:51:16 pm by beach bum
Quote from: Stealthfan on November 13, 2018, 11:30:17 am
Gravette?

Gravette as well as Prairie Grove surprised me a bit. I thought they would go 5A in 2020 but we may not see them there until 2022 when they more than likely move up

beach bum

And sorry a couple posts above I meant to reply to Hawk4L..... not ea cat.

ea cat

Stealthfan

Quote from: beach bum on November 13, 2018, 04:48:50 pm
Gravette as well as Prairie Grove surprised me a bit. I thought they would go 5A in 2020 but we may not see them there until 2022 when they more than likely move up
That sound from the northwest we all heard when you posted that was a collective sigh of relief from the Gravette school district. 

HeberFan

Ice Cougars are loving this cold blast of winter!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas