• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Helena-West Helena at Pea Ridge

Started by MoChedda, November 02, 2018, 10:29:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MoChedda

The Cougars are a hot football team and has not lost a road game this year. I watched a little of the Pea Ridge and SC game tonight and I think HWH can go up there and win this game by 2 scores. Thoughts?

Crispyfried

Quote from: MoChedda on November 02, 2018, 10:29:12 pm
The Cougars are a hot football team and has not lost a road game this year. I watched a little of the Pea Ridge and SC game tonight and I think HWH can go up there and win this game by 2 scores. Thoughts?

I agree. Helena is not someone you want to play right now.

MoChedda

November 02, 2018, 10:41:44 pm #2 Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 10:44:08 pm by MoChedda
Quote from: lzgull on November 02, 2018, 10:33:45 pm
I agree. Helena is not someone you want to play right now.
Exactly! We are playing great football at the right time. They are loaded with speed, size and most of all they have high confidence. This team is very dangerous

Sports Guru

Cougars will win this game they are a scary team and have gotten hot

cjohn1995

Dogpound2010

Big physical team big up front on both sides of the ball and their quarterback is a beast.. cougars by 28

BigGuy22

Don't know a lot of HWH but Pea Ridge's defense is pretty stout. They have alot of playmakers. The deciding factor is gonna be how PR's offense can play. They lost their starting qb, best WR, and a solid DE due to some dumb decisions. But they are getting those players back this week so that can hopefully bring their passing game. How far is the drive for HWH?

Dogpound2010

ea cat

ISU7

hootingowl

As said in previous post, Helena is big and fast. Very athletic! Gonna be hard to beat em unless they beat themself. Their band puts on a great show as well. Enjoy!!

bigchief72455

Going to be real cold @ PR that night. Be prepared.

Stealthfan

Quote from: hootingowl on November 03, 2018, 01:50:18 am
As said in previous post, Helena is big and fast. Very athletic! Gonna be hard to beat em unless they beat themself. Their band puts on a great show as well. Enjoy!!

Pea Ridge is COACHED and has something to prove.  This game will NOT be easy for anyone.   

Eaglemaniac

If Helena holds intro the ball and keeps form making stupid penalties they will do deep in the playoffs. Very dangerous team. They aren't your typical 4 seed. 

beach bum

dhen

KASH dba The Lumberjack

It's hard to travel to NW Arkansas and get a win. If Cougars play like they did against Warren and Pea Ridge plays like they did against Shiloh, Cougars move on.

richboy

Quote from: BigGuy22 on November 03, 2018, 12:11:04 am
Don't know a lot of HWH but Pea Ridge's defense is pretty stout. They have alot of playmakers. The deciding factor is gonna be how PR's offense can play. They lost their starting qb, best WR, and a solid DE due to some dumb decisions. But they are getting those players back this week so that can hopefully bring their passing game. How far is the drive for HWH?
so the starting qb, wr, and De for PR will be playing this game? Do you know if hwh will be missing any players?

Redskin2015

CoachRH

RyanLR

Might be the best 1st Round matchup of all. Two really really good teams. HWH coming off that monumental whipping of Warren there might be a letdown this week?

ghostoffootballpast

HWH lost to Dumas and Hamburg prior to beating Warren, and wasn't Warren missing a player or two? 
So my point, HWH is definitely beatable.

CoachRH

Quote from: ghostoffootballpast on November 04, 2018, 02:50:13 pm
HWH lost to Dumas and Hamburg prior to beating Warren, and wasn't Warren missing a player or two? 
Might even see how week the 4A-1 really is!

Stealthfan

1-4A is not as strong as 2016.  I seem to remember how "over rated " everyone then seemed to think it was before playoffs.  Then 3/4 of the semifinals was 1-4A.  I expect  the top 4 to make some more noise this year than expected.  Doubt it's a 2016 repeat, but respectable.

MoChedda

Quote from: ghostoffootballpast on November 04, 2018, 02:50:13 pm
Yea they lost to those teams by a total of 10 points but this is a different team now and Warren isn't even using that excuse of them missing some players so why would you bring that up.

prHOG13

Enjoy the scenery on your way up. Safe travels

Coltfan2005

long drive after a very emotional win...might spell a let down.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Staying focused on those long drives requires discipline. With HWH being as penalty laden as they are, that may be a quality that needs a little attention. Athletically, they will be to tough, mentally, they'll be questionable. They had a slew penalties against Warren and it didn't slow them down at all.

MoChedda

Quote from: prHOG13 on November 05, 2018, 05:30:17 pm
Enjoy the scenery on your way up. Safe travels
Thanks! I love visiting that part of Arkansas during this time of the year

dirtybirdz69

I think the drive will make them weary not very ready to play, as from experience in that situation. If, however, they show up ready to play I pick Helena by 2 scores at the least

bigchief72455

Quote from: dirtybirdz69 on November 06, 2018, 09:58:55 am
I think the drive will make them weary not very ready to play, as from experience in that situation. If, however, they show up ready to play I pick Helena by 2 scores at the least
They are going to have to get off the bus in almost freezing conditions. Not the greatest thing in the world to arrive to. I think the low in Pea Ridge Friday night is 22.

BigRiverviewGuy

Quote from: bigchief72455 on November 06, 2018, 10:35:39 am
They are going to have to get off the bus in almost freezing conditions. Not the greatest thing in the world to arrive to. I think the low in Pea Ridge Friday night is 22.

Wow 22, that´s crazy, I´m a big duck hunter and that´s even pushing the limits for me. Goodluck to the Helena boys I hope they carry the momentum from warren and get to a second round playoff game!

Hawk4L

I heard that warren played mostly jv players in that loss to Helena. Is that right ?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Hawk4L on November 06, 2018, 12:09:06 pm
I heard that warren played mostly jv players in that loss to Helena. Is that right ?

No.

Big Fan

I see Warren still has the propaganda machine fired up.

RyanLR

Quote from: Big Fan on November 06, 2018, 12:41:27 pm
I think you might have awoken a sleeping giant.

HeberFan

Pulling for our old conference rivals, HWH. 

MoChedda

Quote from: HeberFan on November 06, 2018, 12:52:42 pm

Pulling for our old conference rivals, HWH.
Thanks! Good luck against Pocahontas

AirWarren

November 06, 2018, 04:00:19 pm #39 Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 04:07:55 pm by AirWarren

Lol hey hey.

0-10.

We gotta do something to keep you goats from jumping off the ledge. Billiefast evidently didn't even have the capacity to accelerate to the cliff. 

AirWarren

November 06, 2018, 04:00:54 pm #40 Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 04:04:04 pm by AirWarren

Incorrect. We sat a few players, but that is about it.

Lack of focus, 4 turnovers, and underestimating an opponent got us beat.

ghostoffootballpast

Quote from: MoChedda on November 04, 2018, 10:43:01 pm
Yea they lost to those teams by a total of 10 points but this is a different team now and Warren isn't even using that excuse of them missing some players so why would you bring that up.

Because they were missing a couple of key players is what I understand.  Wasn't Burkes out?

Coltfan2005

Quote from: ghostoffootballpast on November 06, 2018, 06:44:42 pm
Because they were missing a couple of key players is what I understand.  Wasn't Burkes out?

Where have you been?

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Yeah, our football team needs to borrow some of those mystical home runs that Monticello didn't use this season.

DuckGuide22

Thetruth11

West Helena is hot coming off that W from warren, still tho, gonna be close

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Thetruth11 on November 08, 2018, 08:11:34 am
West Helena is hot coming off that W from warren, still tho, gonna be close

Is that your expert opinion or did your daddy give you that too?

dhen

There are a lot of obstacles for the COUGARS. A 5 hour bus drive and cold weather. If the Cougars can limit the penalties they will win by at least 14.  Last week was last week. Its time to see who really wants it more. Best luck to both teams.  Go COUGARS

Full-get-it

I don't know why everyone keep bringing up the cold weather. Both teams have to play in it. Muscles will be tight and collisions will hurt the same on both sides. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas