• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Official 5A Playoff Bracket

Started by NWA Hawg, November 01, 2018, 10:32:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NWA Hawg

November 01, 2018, 10:32:56 pm Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 09:44:12 am by fann07
This is the 5A official playoff bracket.

Top Bracket

E1 Blytheville
S4 Lakeside

W2 Morrilton
C3 LR Parkview

S1 Texarkana
E4 Nettelton

C2 LR Christian
W3 Greenbrier

Bottom Bracket

C1 Pulaski Academy
W4 Alma

S2 LR McClellan
E3 Valley View

W1 Harrison
C4 White Hall

E2 Wynne
S3 Camden Fairview

PA Dad

Quote from: fann07 on November 01, 2018, 10:32:56 pm
This is the 5A official playoff bracket.

Top Bracket

E1 Nettelton
S4 Lakeside

W2 Morrilton
C3 LR Parkview

S1 Texarkana
E4 Valley View

C2 LR Christian
W3 Greenbrier

Bottom Bracket

C1 Pulaski Academy
W4 Alma

S2 LR McClellan
E3 Wynne

W1 Harrison
C4 White Hall

E2 Blytheville
S3 Camden Fairview

Is Blytheville or Nettleton the number one seed from the East?

Rampage72501

Quote from: PA Dad on November 02, 2018, 10:37:53 pm
Is Blytheville or Nettleton the number one seed from the East?

1.  Blytheville
2.  Wynne
3.  Valley View
4.  Nettleton

PA Dad

PA Dad

razorcardsfan11

Quote from: Rampage72501 on November 02, 2018, 10:46:02 pm
1.  Blytheville
2.  Wynne
3.  Valley View
4.  Nettleton
How's Blytheville #1? I got Nettleton #1

Rampage72501

PA Dad

Ok.  I can't figure out the seedings.  If the posted bracket is wrong can one of the gurus post the correct bracket?

Rampage72501

Quote from: razorcardsfan11 on November 02, 2018, 10:49:01 pm

4-way tie at 5-2.

Blytheville was 2-1 against the other 3 teams (beat Wynne and Valley View)
Wynne was 2-1 (beat Valley View and Nettleton)
Valley View was 1-2 (only beat Nettleton)
Nettleton was 1-2 (only beat Blytheville*)

The two 2-1 teams are compared head to head.  Blytheville beat Wynne, therefore the Chîcks are the #1 seed.

Wynne is the #2 seed because they beat the remaining 2 teams head to head.

Valley View beat Nettleton, so the Blazers are the #3 and the Raiders the #4.

walkingguy72396

Quote from: razorcardsfan11 on November 02, 2018, 10:49:01 pm

Log Jam 4 way tie.

Blytheville leads in points gets the 1 seed

Rest not a perfect triangle compared head too head,
head too head gets Wynne the 2 seed

head too head Valley View Nettleton.  Gets Valley View the 3.

Lastly Nettleton 4 seed

Rampage72501

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on November 02, 2018, 10:56:13 pm
Log Jam 4 way tie.

Lastly Nettleton 4 seed

Points have nothing to do with how the seedlings were determined.

razorcardsfan11

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on November 02, 2018, 10:56:13 pm
Log Jam 4 way tie.

Lastly Nettleton 4 seed
If you go by points. The points would just knock 2 teams out. The other 2 with the highest points would then be head to head( Blytheville and Nettlelon. That's how I got Nettleton 1.

HorseFeathers

razorcardsfan11

Quote from: Rampage72501 on November 02, 2018, 10:54:29 pm
4-way tie at 5-2.

The two 2-1 teams are compared head to head.  Blytheville beat Wynne, therefore the Chîcks are the #1 seed.

Thank you. That makes sense. I was thinking it would come down to the points

Rampage72501

Quote from: razorcardsfan11 on November 02, 2018, 11:05:03 pm

Points only come into play if there is no head to head advantage, and only to determine the order of head to head comparisons.

Head to head ALWAYS determines play off seeding.

tmycjy

Quote from: razorcardsfan11 on November 02, 2018, 11:05:03 pm

It does if it's a. 3 way tie low point get the lowest spot for seeding that detournmans the head to head team for the other

Rick Swines

Quote from: Rampage72501 on November 02, 2018, 10:50:15 pm
Fairview over Wynne

East goes 1-3

Wynne will destroy Camden. Clock will be running in the 3rd.

Ponca

My favorite development is Steve Perry deleted his Twitter account after seeing Alma was playing PA 1st round. LOL

Rampage72501

Quote from: tmycjy on November 02, 2018, 11:21:17 pm
It does if it's a. 3 way tie low point get the lowest spot for seeding that detournmans the head to head team for the other

Not correct.  Lowest point total doesn't automatically mean lowest seed.  Seeding is always determined top down.  In a 3-way tie for any 3 seeds, the two highest point teams would be compared head to head for the highest available seed, and the head to head winner between those 2 teams will get that seed.  That would leave the remaining 2 teams for the remaining 2 seeds in question, and the head to head winner gets the highest available seed, no matter what the points might be.

tmycjy

Quote from: Rampage72501 on November 02, 2018, 11:29:47 pm
Not correct.  Lowest point total doesn't automatically mean lowest seed.  Seeding is always determined top down.  In a 3-way tie for any 3 seeds, the two highest point teams would be compared head to head for the highest available seed, and the head to head winner between those 2 teams will get that seed.  That would leave the remaining 2 teams for the remaining 2 seeds in question, and the head to head winner gets the highest available seed, no matter what the points might be.

Oh ok thank for that information I always thought in a 3 way tie low point got the low end

JessieP

The East probably goes 0-4 in the first round, Let's start the taunting and get it over with. They will be back next year, a Ton of sophomores played. But as for 2018, go ahead and taunt. The sun has set on the East.

The A-Team

So is this bracket correct or not?

Missco

Ponca

Quote from: The A-Team on November 02, 2018, 11:44:13 pm
So is this bracket correct or not?

East still not settled. I'm hearing 3 different things right now. Blytheville 1, 2 and 3.

Missco

Blytheville is 1 from what the paper and AD has said.

razorcardsfan11

Quote from: JessieP on November 02, 2018, 11:41:51 pm
The East probably goes 0-4 in the first round, Let's start the taunting and get it over with. They will be back next year, a Ton of sophomores played. But as for 2018, go ahead and taunt. The sun has set on the East.
I really doubt the east will go 0-4. Wynne will beat Fairview and Blytheville will beat lakeside

woopork

As with any tournament, there is going to be at least one upset. I don't see it on here, but most of that is because we are only able to compare each team to that conference.

I've gone through some teams schedules to compare 5a non conference. LRCA played 2 West and 1 east. It doesn't give you much. They killed all 3 teams.

Maumelle killed Vilonia, but again, hard to judge anything based off of that.
Vilonia did play 3 games also, getting killed in two of them but beating a Beebe team that hung with LRCA.

I say all that to say, this is a cluster of estimating what conference is what. But that's the fun in why we have tourneys.

I'd say Camden is a good candidate for an upset. I also wouldn't really be surprised if the East goes 0-4 just based off of comparing strength of conference and also their messed up seeding. I think the central/west will go 2-2 with home teams winning. The more I type the more excited I get for next weekend. I think there are 5 teams with a shot. 1 team with a teed up shot. And hopefully a couple dark horses to make it interesting.

Someone start a thread with a 5A bracket filling out competition.

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Quote from: Rampage72501 on November 02, 2018, 11:29:47 pm
It is correct.  Lowest points in a perfect triangle 3-way tie will always be lowest seed.  If you are comparing A, B, and C, if C is lowest point total, and A beat B, then B had to have beaten C.

Ponca

Quote from: Coach DePriest, Shiloh Christian on November 03, 2018, 12:33:18 am
It is correct.  Lowest points in a perfect triangle 3-way tie will always be lowest seed.  If you are comparing A, B, and C, if C is lowest point total, and A beat B, then B had to have beaten C.

So what are you saying are the East seeds 1-4?

JacketFan

Blytheville
Wynne
Valley View
Nettleton

Rick Swines

1. Blytheville
2. Wynne
3. Vv
4. Nettleton

Ponca

Quote from: Rampage72501 on November 02, 2018, 10:46:02 pm
1.  Blytheville
2.  Wynne
3.  Valley View
4.  Nettleton

this is what I'm hearing too in several texts.

Not the

1. Nettleton
2. Blytheville
3. Wynne
4. Valley View

that was reported earlier.

Missco

1. Blytheville
2. Wynne
3.Valley View
4.Nettleton

Ball Hawk

Quote from: JessieP on November 02, 2018, 11:41:51 pm

The East is fine. Just because Batesville is sitting on the couch doesn't mean the East is down at all pal. Go play cheerleader at your local pee wee game and leave the real football talk to people that have a clue.

PA Pressbox

This is officially the best 4-way tie explanation I've ever seen.

Quote from: Rampage72501 on November 02, 2018, 10:54:29 pm
4-way tie at 5-2.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Ball Hawk on November 03, 2018, 12:50:49 am
The East is fine. Just because Batesville is sitting on the couch doesn't mean the East is down at all pal. Go play cheerleader at your local pee wee game and leave the real football talk to people that have a clue.

Watched a lot of football over the years - the East is way down. Wynne may be CF and the wast may go 2-2 but I wouldn't be surprised if they went 1-3. And they almost certainly won't get past the second round.

And if he says the east is down and Batesville still didn't make the playoffs, doesn't that inform you of where Batesville is this year?

I will always pull for the last but it's gonna be a tough road this year. The top teams in the east would have battled for the 3/4 in every other conference.

Red Devil Alum

2nd round could be LRCA at Texarkana and McCllelan at PA. Wow.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on November 03, 2018, 07:12:54 am
2nd round could be LRCA at Texarkana and McCllelan at PA. Wow.

Best time of the year! I'll have to decide which game to attend that week. I'm sure you would give me your box seats right?

Duck12

November 03, 2018, 07:43:41 am #38 Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 08:35:04 am by Duck12
I think a lot of you are overlooking just how dominant Blytheville has been this year against the other teams from the East.
Nettleton 13+ point victory (had to forfeit)
Wynne 13+ point victory
GCT 13+ point victory
VV 13+ point victory
Batesville loss @ Batesville (crazy things happen at Batesville and we took a butt whoopin)
Paragould 13+ point victory
FC 13+ point victory
Blytheville basically rolled the East and now has been playing with a chip on their shoulder as seen from the 40 point shutout of Forrest City last night. I look for them to keep it up through the playoffs.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Duck12 on November 03, 2018, 07:43:41 am
I think a lot of you are overlooking just how dominant Blytheville has been this year against the other teams from the East.
Nettleton 13+ point victory (had to forfeit)
Wynne 13+ point victory
GCT 13+ point victory
VV 13+ point victory
Batesville loss @ Batesville (crazy thing happen at Batesville and we took a butt whoopin)
Paragould 13+ point victory
FC 13+ point victory
Blytheville basically rolled the East and now has been playing with a chip on their shoulder as seen from the 40 point shutout of Forrest City last night. I look for them to keep it up through the playoffs.

They'll lose second round.

JacketFan

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 03, 2018, 08:12:27 am
They'll lose second round.
I hope they win second round so Texarkana will have to travel to Blytheville!  Go East!   ;D :D ;D

Hoghead2

That Trip to Texarkana won't be nice. Hogs will be tough to beat at Razorback Stadium.

NEASPORTSFAN

Quote from: Hoghead2 on November 03, 2018, 09:27:32 am
That Trip to Texarkana won't be nice. Hogs will be tough to beat at Razorback Stadium.
Arkansas is never tough to beat at razorback stadium lol

NEASPORTSFAN

This bracket is the pulaski Academy invitational

Hoghead2

Quote from: NEASPORTSFAN on November 03, 2018, 09:54:56 am
Arkansas is never tough to beat at razorback stadium lolr
These are not those NWA Hogs...

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 03, 2018, 07:31:02 am
Best time of the year! I'll have to decide which game to attend that week. I'm sure you would give me your box seats right?
Sure, good thing about PA home games are the stands are SUPER close to the field. :)

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Quote from: Ponca on November 03, 2018, 12:39:42 am
So what are you saying are the East seeds 1-4?
I wasn't saying anything about that.  I have just noticed the conversations about how the tie-breaking procedures work and often hear in a perfect triangle 3-way tie to "Drop lowest points, compare A & B, then check loser of A & B with C."  All I'm saying is that in these situations the lowest point total will always end up the lowest seed of those 3 teams.

Also, there cannot be a perfect 4-way tie (or any even number tie), but there can be a perfect 5- or 7-way tie.

JacketFan

Quote from: woopork on November 03, 2018, 12:30:12 am
As with any tournament, there is going to be at least one upset. I don't see it on here, but most of that is because we are only able to compare each team to that conference.

I've gone through some teams schedules to compare 5a non conference. LRCA played 2 West and 1 east. It doesn't give you much. They killed all 3 teams.

Maumelle killed Vilonia, but again, hard to judge anything based off of that.
Vilonia did play 3 games also, getting killed in two of them but beating a Beebe team that hung with LRCA.

I say all that to say, this is a cluster of estimating what conference is what. But that's the fun in why we have tourneys.

I'd say Camden is a good candidate for an upset. I also wouldn't really be surprised if the East goes 0-4 just based off of comparing strength of conference and also their messed up seeding. I think the central/west will go 2-2 with home teams winning. The more I type the more excited I get for next weekend. I think there are 5 teams with a shot. 1 team with a teed up shot. And hopefully a couple dark horses to make it interesting.

Someone start a thread with a 5A bracket filling out competition.
I printed a bracket and filled it in, but I don't know how to attach it to a thread.  Any ideas

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas