• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Teams?

Started by BallHawk225, October 25, 2018, 11:10:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BallHawk225

Has anyone heard of this New School Team? From what I have heard that they are beating teams by 30 and 40 points? Their coach is David Ferrell , he is known to be a dominant coach and had a great career at West Fork. I'm still a fan of Izard County winning it all though.

basketballseason

He has a JH team that is loaded.  Beat all the big schools up in NWA last year in 7th grade.  They will be a state contender sooner than later.

BallHawk225

I heard about that junior high team and most of them are 8th graders and I'm assuming that he will bring them up next year. So what your saying that they have beaten those 7a teams they could be a problem with the 1a next year.

basketballseason

Yes I've seen them a few times.  They will not lose a game in JH this year unless players get injured.

BannerMountainMan

I love all these new 3 post posters coming out of the woodworks! Brings diversity

BallHawk225

What about their varsity this year do we know anything about them? Does their junior high team have like one good player or do they have multiple?

basketballseason

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on October 25, 2018, 12:39:26 pm
I love all these new 3 post posters coming out of the woodworks! Brings diversity
Nice two cents

LeftyWorld

Well when your a 1A school recruiting the left overs from a 7A school right down the road what do you expect? Just the difference in athleticism between those kids and the ones they will play for the most part will be more than any coach could over come. One more reason private and charter schools should have their own classification.

brock

Quote from: LeftyWorld on October 25, 2018, 09:27:51 pm
Well when your a 1A school recruiting the left overs from a 7A school right down the road what do you expect? Just the difference in athleticism between those kids and the ones they will play for the most part will be more than any coach could over come. One more reason private and charter schools should have their own classification.

Yes that and exchange students who come over looking to get exposure.

basketballseason

Quote from: BallHawk225 on October 25, 2018, 12:48:21 pm
What about their varsity this year do we know anything about them? Does their junior high team have like one good player or do they have multiple?
Haven't seen the HS team.  I saw the junior high and 7th play last year.  They have 2 legit studs and a couple of really solid players in JH. 

rammer

Out of curiosity I looked at them on Max-Preps and then went to their website.  They have already played 5 games and they have won 4 of them by over 40 points. The closest anyone has played them was a 29 point loss. They beat Abundant Life 80-28. And....they have no seniors on their roster.

basketballseason

Yea I saw that also.  A little deceiving since some of those teams are some of the worst in the state. 

Sports Loser

What is the schools name?

rammer

SackAttack

thebigman3

I'm looking at their schedule, and they have not played anyone that is very good, but beating them how a good team should. I would just like to see them play a little more competition.

basketballseason

They will start to get some kids who can't start at Fayetteville or Springdale.  Some of those would be really good players in 1a.

HorseFeathers

I figure these charters won't be 1a very long...Jacksonville LH and KIPP delta were both 1a not to long ago, and they're both in 3a now

BallHawk225

Future School is another new team. In 1a region conference 2. Are they any good ? Where are they located at

hurryup

Future School is in Fayetteville. Yes they are good. Well Coached and get up and down the floor. Last year they played an extended 1-3-1 that would give you fits especially if you had a so so guard. They will trap and be physical in the trap.

scrapdig

These are some really lame school names.

HorseFeathers

When about Quest in LR do we know anything about them?

BallHawk225

I heard quest just stopped and doesn't haven't a team this year... The didn't want to play abundant or couldn't play abundant .

CoachH

Quest Academy does have a Sr. Boys and Jr. Boys team. No girls teams.

BallHawk225

Why did they not play?

CoachH

According to MaxPreps they play Abundant Life on Dec 14. and Jan 29.
They are in Abundant Life's conference.

beach bum

Quote from: scrapdig on October 29, 2018, 08:58:42 am
These are some really lame school names.

Lame school names that send kids to the best colleges in the country on full ride academic scholarships..... It might amaze you, but this school offers a lot more than sports. There is that thing called academics.

HorseFeathers

What are....academics?

thebigman3

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 29, 2018, 07:45:31 pm
What are....academics?
Yeah, we don't talk academics on here.

BallHawk225

Heard of Arkansas Arts Academy?

thebigman3

Quote from: BallHawk225 on October 30, 2018, 09:16:40 am
Yeah, they're the ones that can paint and draw better than me.

Flobbito

Quote from: BallHawk225 on October 30, 2018, 09:16:40 am

There's only one AAA that matters on this site.

BallHawk225

they are triple a , and they are 1a I believe .

scrapdig

Quote from: beach bum on October 29, 2018, 05:52:07 pm
Lame school names that send kids to the best colleges in the country on full ride academic scholarships..... It might amaze you, but this school offers a lot more than sports. There is that thing called academics.
Get that academic trash off the board

iceyfresh3

I heard The New School might challenge Izzard county for state. Not sure if thats true, but we'll find out!

Flobbito

Quote from: iceyfresh3 on November 01, 2018, 12:06:23 pm
I heard The New School might challenge Izzard county for state. Not sure if thats true, but we'll find out!

I heard the New School wasn't even going to play their schedule, they are going to participate as a 7A school, to make it fair for everyone else, play Fayetteville H.S.'s schedule and win state that way.

It's barely November, calm down.

BallHawk225

It's early right now I can't wait until conference play and to see where teams are at then.

oldfireguy

Quote from: iceyfresh3 on November 01, 2018, 12:06:23 pm
New School IS off to a 7-0 start, BUT the teams they've played have a combined record of 5-21, per MaxPreps. I would wait until they complete the first round of Conference play against Deer, Jasper, Alpena, and Kingston before making any judgements on their potential.

iceyfresh3

I completely agree New Schools schedule hasn't been tough yet, they play Bergman this Thursday in what should be there first real test. Bergman is probably about as good as Izzard county.

scrapdig

Quote from: iceyfresh3 on November 04, 2018, 07:22:57 pm
I completely agree New Schools schedule hasn't been tough yet, they play Bergman this Thursday in what should be there first real test. Bergman is probably about as good as Izzard county.
How is Bergman better this year? 

no mascot

Bergman will be a good opponent, but I'd have to disagree with the belief that they're comparable to Izard County.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas