• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top Player in 2A

Started by AverageJo24, October 11, 2018, 02:01:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cuz

Quote from: cav2012 on November 08, 2018, 10:59:40 am
cuz in his safe space
Quote from: MUSTANGSALLY23 on November 08, 2018, 10:54:44 am
Quote from: cuz on November 08, 2018, 10:42:23 am
Point proven, never heard of him. If he's all that he'd be the talk of everything pertaining to 2a ball. Come on guys everyone would know all about him. Not just the 6 posters....
[/quote

After just googling him you will find that if you do not know him... you should.... I cant lie I never heard of him. Until he played us then I google searched him and wow. Apparently he owns offers from Oklahoma State, Memphis, Rutgers, and others. This is all on Rivals..
I must agree the young man definitely is impressive and evidently a reason Hazen is having the success they are. He's also has some nice offers that are above anyone else discussed. Very surprised at his lack of publicity. Maybe his age is the reason. Will be interesting where his story end....
http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/school/_/id/235/class/2020/page/offers
http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/234337/blayne-toll

Raging_Hornetic

Most interesting tidbit about Toll is he a grade ahead, he's a 15 year old Jr and won't turn 16 until after the season. 

So at 15 years old, he is 6'5 235.  Special talent.

He just so happens to have 2 special running backs and the best linebacker in the state on his team. 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

November 08, 2018, 11:20:34 am #202 Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 11:25:33 am by pick_DA_EAGLES
cuz, if you have not heard of him, you must not be following any recruiting, listening to any radio, hes an ESPN top 300 for the 2020 class. has more d1 offers than any other 2a player, hes the top ranked or 2nd ranked player in the state in the 2020 class regardless of of 2a - 7a

this is from last season

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/video/recruiting-2020-no-1-prospect-from-arkansas-blayne-toll-on-his-recruiting/

cuz

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 08, 2018, 11:20:34 am
cuz, if you have not heard of him, you must not be following any recruiting, listening to any radio, hes an ESPN top 300 for the 2020 class. has more d1 offers than any other 2a player, hes the top ranked or 2nd ranked player in the state in the 2020 class regardless of of 2a - 7a

this is from last season

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/video/recruiting-2020-no-1-prospect-from-arkansas-blayne-toll-on-his-recruiting/
Thanks Pick how I missed this I don't know but I do think the young ma age has something to do with it. Hazen used to turn out a bunch of good players glad to see one of this caliber. I wish him the best of luck. Look forward to learning more about him as he goes forward.....

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: cuz on November 08, 2018, 11:32:16 am
Thanks Pick how I missed this I don't know but I do think the young ma age has something to do with it. Hazen used to turn out a bunch of good players glad to see one of this caliber. I wish him the best of luck. Look forward to learning more about him as he goes forward.....

this hazen team is loaded with players, perry is getting d2 looks, then penn and green both will be playing on Saturdays, and then toll. that's just the ones I know.

cuz

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 08, 2018, 11:42:07 am
this hazen team is loaded with players, perry is getting d2 looks, then penn and green both will be playing on Saturdays, and then toll. that's just the ones I know.
It will certainly make the playoffs more interesting....😉

dawgpound

Pick_DA_EAGLES

dawgpound

I thought so but thought he was qb but he plays a bunch of different positions

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: dawgpound on November 08, 2018, 12:11:09 pm
I thought so but thought he was qb but he plays a bunch of different positions

yea he plays all over. natural positions will probably be TE/DE

Coach95

Now Pick that was kinda our secret over here and was hoping no one knew that we had any decent kids on the team. You blew it, now they know.

dawgpound

21&22 are pretty good also

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Coach95 on November 08, 2018, 12:46:56 pm
Now Pick that was kinda our secret over here and was hoping no one knew that we had any decent kids on the team. You blew it, now they know.

Man you know nobody believes what I say, im just a bully on here starting problems.  ;D ;D

Greyhound#1

November 08, 2018, 02:12:06 pm #213 Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 02:14:06 pm by Greyhound#1
Quote from: MUSTANGSALLY23 on November 08, 2018, 08:18:53 am
I'm just ready to see how he does in the playoffs.

There nothing this kid will do to convince you.  He did play in the playoff last yr.  If those stats didn't open your eyes then I would say you will create a excuse for anything.  That was against 3 #1 seeds, #2 seed,  and 1 ineligible player.

Partsman

Greyhound, I will be calling the Foreman games on the radio during the playoffs. If y'all come here he will get all the kudo's he can from me. I love to watch a good player no matter what team.

MUSTANGSALLY23

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on November 08, 2018, 02:12:06 pm
There nothing this kid will do to convince you.  He did play in the playoff last yr.  If those stats didn't open your eyes then I would say you will create a excuse for anything.  That was against 3 #1 seeds, #2 seed,  and 1 ineligible player.
:P

Greyhound#1

Quote from: Partsman on November 08, 2018, 02:57:07 pm
Greyhound, I will be calling the Foreman games on the radio during the playoffs. If y'all come here he will get all the kudo's he can from me. I love to watch a good player no matter what team.

Appreciate it

Hasbeen92

Quote from: Hasbeen92 on November 05, 2018, 06:44:56 pm
Good speed for 2A hard runner, not on allot of recruiting radars I'm sure he's a good kid and good 2A running back I hope he catches on somewhere
This  was my quote no one from Hazen is bashing Turner Salem has never been good and as far as I can remember no great athletes as far as college prospects have come from there maybe he's different I haven't seen him play but doesn't have college running back speed or college size to play at his speed nothing wrong with being a great high school player but until Salem makes a playoff run he will just be a very good 3-2A player

dawgpound

There was a guy from hazen that said earlier he wouldn't be 3 rd string in hazen i would take that as bashing

Greyhound#1

Quote from: Hasbeen92 on November 08, 2018, 09:22:24 pm
This  was my quote no one from Hazen is bashing Turner Salem has never been good and as far as I can remember no great athletes as far as college prospects have come from there maybe he's different I haven't seen him play but doesn't have college running back speed or college size to play at his speed nothing wrong with being a great high school player but until Salem makes a playoff run he will just be a very good 3-2A player

Him and Batey are almost identical in size.  There speed is not much different either.

Hasbeen92

Quote from: dawgpound on November 08, 2018, 09:43:59 pm
There was a guy from hazen that said earlier he wouldn't be 3 rd string in hazen i would take that as bashing
That was one guy
Quote from: Greyhound#1 on November 08, 2018, 10:00:59 pm
Him and Batey are almost identical in size.  There speed is not much different either.
2/10 is a lot of difference in 40 and Batey will play DB in college where 4.4 is more desirable than 4.6 regardless of size come on y'all have internet do you not have a TV to watch college football how many 2A players make it

Greyhound#1

He will be playing at the next level.  Were we shall see. 

Redzone

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on November 08, 2018, 10:00:59 pm

I'm not so sure about the speed... there's really no one in 2a I think that comes close to Batey's speed.

Hasbeen92

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on November 08, 2018, 10:10:39 pm
He will be playing at the next level.  Were we shall see.
I hope your right but from what I know about college football he doesn't have measurable s. However they can't measure the heart- I was a 172 pound middle linebacker who ran a 5 flat down hill and had 113 tackles in 9 games

Greyhound#1

Quote from: Hasbeen92 on November 08, 2018, 10:31:16 pm
I hope your right but from what I know about college football he doesn't have measurable s. However they can't measure the heart- I was a 172 pound middle linebacker who ran a 5 flat down hill and had 113 tackles in 9 games

Its not my business to put out but he has a few offers so i don't think its a issue if he gonna play but were. 

Footballworld

His brother played college football. He didn't play D1, but that was his choice. He liked the smaller town atmosphere, broke every school record, conference player of the year 2 years running and nominated for NAIA player of the year. He's  playing arena football now. He got a quality education, plus was able to play football the full 4 years of college. Everyone goes on and on about who is going where, but as far as I  know Dillon Turner did do it, and I  have never heard if anyone else did that he played against. Not that they didn't, just never heard about any of them. Jordan Turner will play college ball, because that's how the Turner's do it. He will also receive a good education, which is much more important.

bdubyab60

And Salem has had some good teams here over the past few years. Their best team ran in to one of the best 2A teams to ever play in JC.

So quit downing the kid which you are back handidly. Probably a mid level player. It's still a free ride to play ball somewhere. He's a very good 2A player period.

As far as the 3. It's for sure down this year. The conference has won a state title that I know of and it's best opportunity got washed down the drain last year by Earle. However and I'd have to check but I believe the 3 has had a semifinal team 9 of the past 12 years or somewhere around that.

Even when the 6 finally won another state title McCrory had just moved back out of the 3. And they won it with a similar running back to Turner.

Salem will come in and do business or they won't. They are well coached and have a balanced offense. They have beaten every team like they were supposed too. As I said in another post though it's about to get tough for everyone. The cream rises to the top as they say and only one can when the whole thing.

AverageJo24

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 09, 2018, 06:35:16 am
And Salem has had some good teams here over the past few years. Their best team ran in to one of the best 2A teams to ever play in JC.

So quit downing the kid which you are back handidly. Probably a mid level player. It's still a free ride to play ball somewhere. He's a very good 2A player period.

As far as the 3. It's for sure down this year. The conference has won a state title that I know of and it's best opportunity got washed down the drain last year by Earle. However and I'd have to check but I believe the 3 has had a semifinal team 9 of the past 12 years or somewhere around that.

Even when the 6 finally won another state title McCrory had just moved back out of the 3. And they won it with a similar running back to Turner.

Salem will come in and do business or they won't. They are well coached and have a balanced offense. They have beaten every team like they were supposed too. As I said in another post though it's about to get tough for everyone. The cream rises to the top as they say and only one can when the whole thing.

+1

Greyhound#1

Well said Bdub

Footballworld

+10, very well said

i40traveler

Its not downing a kid backhindidly or front handidly for that matter when the Hazen faithful say he would be 3rd string there. When you have 2 backs that talented, it's no shame being #3.

Hornetsfan02

Hazen has a very deep backfield. The 2 main backs have been done by half time 5-6 times. And the fact that they are BOTH at over 900 yds says a lot.

bdubyab60

Quote from: i40traveler on November 09, 2018, 03:41:33 pm
Its not downing a kid backhindidly or front handidly for that matter when the Hazen faithful say he would be 3rd string there. When you have 2 backs that talented, it's no shame being #3.
You need to read more of the comments. Basically saying I'm sure he's great for the 3-2a and doesn't meet measurables. Yet the kid has offers. Yiu don't have to be a 6 foot plus 200 pound 4.4 guy to be a great running back in 2a. Kid would see playing time on every team in 2A. Is he the best player in 2A, probably not. But he's a darn good one.

You can't say 3 negative things and one semi good thing and it not be a backhanded kind of deal.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Hornetsfan02 on November 09, 2018, 03:58:53 pm
Hazen has a very deep backfield. The 2 main backs have been done by half time 5-6 times. And the fact that they are BOTH at over 900 yds says a lot.
Turner's been done at half in all but two games I believe. And that was just to get him ready for playoff run. Probably had close to 2000 yards on very few carries.

Greyhound should have his numbers. And I know how good Hazens running backs are.

Greyhound#1

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 09, 2018, 04:40:17 pm
Turner's been done at half in all but two games I believe. And that was just to get him ready for playoff run. Probably had close to 2000 yards on very few carries.

Greyhound should have his numbers. And I know how good Hazens running backs are.

bdub watch out quoting Turner stats around here they will be on you fast.  Watch let me show you...

Turner tonight 278 yds rushing, 5 rushing TD's,  1 defensive TD. 

bdubyab60

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on November 09, 2018, 11:28:24 pm
bdub watch out quoting Turner stats around here they will be on you fast.  Watch let me show you...

Turner tonight 278 yds rushing, 5 rushing TD's,  1 defensive TD.
Well. But Hazen has two really good running backs. But Turners 10  TDS against the best 5 seed don't mean a thing.

Salem marches on. And good luck to you guys the rest of the way

who-knew

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 09, 2018, 11:40:54 pm
Well. But Hazen has two really good running backs. But Turners 10  TDS against the best 5 seed don't mean a thing.

Salem marches on. And good luck to you guys the rest of the way
No doubt the kid has impressive numbers but it sounds like a one horse show.

Greyhound#1

Quote from: who-knew on November 10, 2018, 12:05:52 am
No doubt the kid has impressive numbers but it sounds like a one horse show.

and were gonna ride that thoroughbred all the way to the rock. 

who-knew

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on November 10, 2018, 12:10:45 am
and were gonna ride that thoroughbred all the way to the rock.
Well get with it and good luck

Greyhound#1

Quote from: who-knew on November 10, 2018, 12:12:30 am
Well get with it and good luck

lol, i thought thats what we were doing.  thanks always need a little luck to get to the Rock.

who-knew

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on November 10, 2018, 12:15:07 am
lol, i thought thats what we were doing.  thanks always need a little luck to get to the Rock.
y'all are but get ready for some speed this week against Earle.   You know the old saying you can only ride a horse for so long

i40traveler

Slow night for Turner I see

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas