• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4-2A Week 0

Started by beach bum, August 18, 2018, 12:34:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

August 18, 2018, 12:34:15 pm Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 12:42:52 pm by beach bum
Feel free to critique or add in on your thoughts of the week 0 games.... Not a lot of games, but I really like the Hackett vs Mansfield matchup. That on paper should be quite competitive. And you have to like the Hwy 105 battle as well.

Hackett 28 Mansfield 27- This should be a great game with fairly compatible teams. Some think Mansfield will be a bit better than last year, but I don't think it will be quite enough to beat a solid Hackett team.

Atkins 35 Hector 14- Atkins has taken their program to a solid level the last few years. I really wish this matchup would have been the last 5 or 6 years years when Hector's program was peaking and not now. Hector will be happy to see Marshall the following week compared to a good Atkins group. If Hector loses like I predict I wouldn't put a lot of stake in the loss cause I think Atkins will just be that good.

Cedarville 44 JC Westside 6- I think Cedarville will be better and JC Westside to drop off a little bit which I think equals a comfty win for the Pirates.

Wildcatalumni21

We all at Hector wish they would have played us the past years as well but they always had an excuse. We all know it's cuz they was scared of Gaines for 4 years and then Graham and company last year. Now that they are all gone they wanna start playing? Coincidence, I think not but it is what it is. Hector has proven that we aren't scared to schedule anybody or have tough non conference games. Atkins will have a solid team this year but I think we will be competitive with them. Not gonna make a prediction and can't wait for those Friday Night Lights to finally be back! Go Cats!!

athletic supporter

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on August 19, 2018, 04:50:42 pm
We all at Hector wish they would have played us the past years as well but they always had an excuse. We all know it's cuz they was scared of Gaines for 4 years and then Graham and company last year. Now that they are all gone they wanna start playing? Coincidence, I think not but it is what it is. Hector has proven that we aren't scared to schedule anybody or have tough non conference games. Atkins will have a solid team this year but I think we will be competitive with them. Not gonna make a prediction and can't wait for those Friday Night Lights to finally be back! Go Cats!!

I can promise you Atkins wasn't scared of Hector the last couple of years. I mean you guys lost to Salem at home in the 1st round of the playoffs

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: athletic supporter on August 19, 2018, 05:51:58 pm
I can promise you Atkins wasn't scared of Hector the last couple of years. I mean you guys lost to Salem at home in the 1st round of the playoffs
Yes we did cuz overlooked a team cuz they was a 5 seed. Salem was the better team that night. So what was the real reasoning then on why Atkins refused MULTIPLE times to play Hector while Gaines was there? 🙄🤔

athletic supporter

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on August 19, 2018, 06:07:41 pm
Yes we did cuz overlooked a team cuz they was a 5 seed. Salem was the better team that night. So what was the real reasoning then on why Atkins refused MULTIPLE times to play Hector while Gaines was there? 🙄🤔

Probably because we already had 10 regular season games scheduled those years. Hector was good when Gaines was there. Heck, they were real good, but if you honestly think Atkins was scared then you're delusional.

Wildcatalumni21

Y'all had openings Week 3 as did we but instead of playimg Hector, Atkins decides to play almighty Yellville-Summit instead. It's fine though. We may not win Friday night but our boys will compete! Good luck to y'all and hope it's a clean game and injury free!

athletic supporter

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on August 19, 2018, 06:58:39 pm
Y'all had openings Week 3 as did we but instead of playimg Hector, Atkins decides to play almighty Yellville-Summit instead. It's fine though. We may not win Friday night but our boys will compete! Good luck to y'all and hope it's a clean game and injury free!

I didn't realize we both had openings. Oh well, I guess we were scared of the Mildcats. Like you I hope for an injury free game.

friscokid

Keep this Atkins-Hector smack up. Atkins missed dropping to Hector's district in 1998 by a fraction of a kid. Hector 2A state runner-up to Shiloh, Atkins 3A state quarterfinalist. Gosh, that would've been great.

athletic supporter

Quote from: friscokid on August 19, 2018, 07:11:40 pm
Keep this Atkins-Hector smack up. Atkins missed dropping to Hector's district in 1998 by a fraction of a kid. Hector 2A state runner-up to Shiloh, Atkins 3A state quarterfinalist. Gosh, that would've been great.

Atkins went to the 3A quarterfinals the last two years. I'm sure they were SCARED of Hector. Makes a ton of sense.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: athletic supporter on August 19, 2018, 07:19:23 pm
Atkins went to the 3A quarterfinals the last two years. I'm sure they were SCARED of Hector. Makes a ton of sense.
Playing Bigelow, Two Rivers, and Yellville-Summit instead of Hector makes sense too. Would've been good non conference tests for both teams but y'all played pushovers and Hector found other schools to play. Just like this year Hector had an open date so instead of playing scrubs before playing for what will probably be the conference championship in Week 10, we schedule Junction City. Will we win, probably not but there's always a chance.
And you may have made the quarters the last 2 years, Hector done it 3 years in a row as well and then 2nd round before the 1st round plunder last year. You talk about the Salem game but remember that Salem made it to the Semi's last year and lost to the State Champions. The series between Atkins/Hector is 1-1 over last 10 years, had they played over the past 5 years I would say it would probably be 5-2 in Hector's favor with y'all winning last year. Just my opinion just like you have yours, it's what is great about this forum

athletic supporter

August 19, 2018, 08:25:58 pm #10 Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 08:36:28 pm by athletic supporter
Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on August 19, 2018, 07:48:46 pm
Playing Bigelow, Two Rivers, and Yellville-Summit instead of Hector makes sense too. Would've been good non conference tests for both teams but y'all played pushovers and Hector found other schools to play. Just like this year Hector had an open date so instead of playing scrubs before playing for what will probably be the conference championship in Week 10, we schedule Junction City. Will we win, probably not but there's always a chance.
And you may have made the quarters the last 2 years, Hector done it 3 years in a row as well and then 2nd round before the 1st round plunder last year. You talk about the Salem game but remember that Salem made it to the Semi's last year and lost to the State Champions. The series between Atkins/Hector is 1-1 over last 10 years, had they played over the past 5 years I would say it would probably be 5-2 in Hector's favor with y'all winning last year. Just my opinion just like you have yours, it's what is great about this forum

Hector opened with Marshall the last couple of years. I forgot they are a powerhouse to get them ready for the playoffs. Two Rivers has been a conference game so that wasn't our choice. Salem got steamrolled in the quarterfinals last year on the field. After this year, it will be 2-1 Atkins. Just my opinion

beach bum

I love the smack talk... makes me wish I was still down in the River Valley to catch this game. I think as long as Hector stays competitive in this game it should be a good sign for them headed for conference play. Really looking to Hackett's game against Mansfield and Mountainburgs in 2 weeks against Cedarville. All those games will give us a good idea about the 4-2A, three team, conference title chasers.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: athletic supporter on August 19, 2018, 08:25:58 pm
Hector opened with Marshall the last couple of years. I forgot they are a powerhouse to get them ready for the playoffs. Two Rivers has been a conference game so that wasn't our choice. Salem got steamrolled in the quarterfinals last year on the field. After this year, it will be 2-1 Atkins. Just my opinion
Atkins could have been in place of Marshall, and Two Rivers actually was only conference last 2 years I believe. Before that they was non conference, I know for sure when y'all let them score 71 it wasn't conference. I'll give you the Salem thing but they made it to the quarters just like Atkins. Guess we'll see after Friday night. Hope y'all enjoy the atmosphere that little ole 2A school offers. If you'll ask previous visitors it's one of the best in the state

athletic supporter

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on August 19, 2018, 10:05:48 pm
Atkins could have been in place of Marshall, and Two Rivers actually was only conference last 2 years I believe. Before that they was non conference, I know for sure when y'all let them score 71 it wasn't conference. I'll give you the Salem thing but they made it to the quarters just like Atkins. Guess we'll see after Friday night. Hope y'all enjoy the atmosphere that little ole 2A school offers. If you'll ask previous visitors it's one of the best in the state

I never questioned the atmosphere at Hector. I've been to a few games there. I always enjoy road games, especially when the Red Devils leave with a W.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: athletic supporter on August 19, 2018, 10:17:08 pm
I never questioned the atmosphere at Hector. I've been to a few games there. I always enjoy road games, especially when the Red Devils leave with a W.
Never insinuated that you did just saying we try to make it as enjoyable for everyone. I hear ya on leaving road games with a W but I hope it doesn't happen 😂

doggieskoot2

I think Mansfield by 14
if not Mansfield could have a long season. 

HorseFeathers

Hector may have a better atmosphere but I hope athletic_supporter will convince someone at Atkins to bring their concession stand from the visitors side with em 😂

beach bum

Quote from: doggieskoot2 on August 20, 2018, 09:43:35 am
I think Mansfield by 14
if not Mansfield could have a long season.

Oh I agree I think the game is much more important to Mansfield. They're in the tougher conference as they are the 3A school. I think Hackett can be really competitive in this game and lose close, but still go on to have a good season in the 4-2A. I think you are right if Mansfield loses this game they are going to probably have tough sledding finding more than a couple wins in conference play later in the year. I the 4-2A, the log jam looks to be the top 3 teams. The 1-3A it seems more jammed up in the middle where Mansfield looks to be.

athletic supporter

Quote from: HorseFeathers on August 20, 2018, 03:32:21 pm
Hector may have a better atmosphere but I hope athletic_supporter will convince someone at Atkins to bring their concession stand from the visitors side with em 😂

I hope you're not insinuating Hector has a better atmosphere than Atkins

wiseguy

Quote from: athletic supporter on August 20, 2018, 04:30:59 pm
I hope you're not insinuating Hector has a better atmosphere than Atkins
Easy there athletic supporter or I'll hunt you down like I did at Dover  ;)

Red Devil Dad

Can anyone tell me if Hector has added any bleachers to the visitors side in the last few years or should I bring lawn chairs? Last time I was in Hector for a game there was no room to sit for a pewee game. 

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Red Devil Dad on August 22, 2018, 12:56:44 pm
Can anyone tell me if Hector has added any bleachers to the visitors side in the last few years or should I bring lawn chairs? Last time I was in Hector for a game there was no room to sit for a pewee game.
Probably wouldn't hurt to bring chairs

athletic supporter

[/quote

I expect a HUGE crowd. Dover, Pottsville, Danville, Two Rivers, and Russellville are all "off" Friday night

Red Devil Dad

Thanks I will bring chairs.  Should be a great game.  Wish we played Hector every year. I would like to see us play Pottsville too, I'm tired of seeing Bigalow every year. 

athletic supporter

Quote from: Red Devil Dad on August 22, 2018, 04:58:51 pm
Thanks I will bring chairs.  Should be a great game.  Wish we played Hector every year. I would like to see us play Pottsville too, I'm tired of seeing Bigalow every year. 

I think we'll be playing Hector from here on out. I don't think Pottsville will ever be on the schedule again. The size difference in numbers is the reason.

friscokid

I hope Dover doesn't go away either. I know there's a size difference as well and Dover has been winning the games lately but it is still a fantastic game more times than not.

beach bum

August 23, 2018, 02:16:23 pm #26 Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 02:24:04 pm by beach bum
Mansfield and Hackett tonight and this should be a good game. If anyone pulls away by 14 or more points I would be really surprised. I think this game matters more to Mansfield simply by the fact they are the school in the larger classification and will be in an extremely tough 1-3A where Booneville, Charleston, and an improved Lamar will be opponents they face later in the year. If Mansfield loses this game I am not sure where I see a path to the playoffs in their league for them cause they face a tough conference schedule ahead. If Hackett wins this game or loses a nail biter it puts the 4-2A on notice that Hackett should be a legit conference title contender possibly. I know Mansfield is not a great team, but outside of Hector or Mountainburg this game will be tougher than the other four opponents Hackett faces in 4-2A play. Again, I think this game matters more to Mansfield as I think Hackett could lose close here and still be in decent shape moving forward. Hopefully someone will be updating scores tonight. Good luck to both teams cause I know the first game can be a little iffy execution wise.

Wildcatalumni21

Pass on the word that law chairs are recommended. Evidently only 2 sets of bleachers. So unless wanna stand then bring chairs

HorseFeathers

So they've actually removed some bleachers from that side? Thats nuts

athletic supporter

Quote from: HorseFeathers on August 23, 2018, 07:30:22 pm
So they've actually removed some bleachers from that side? Thats nuts

Less people being able to sit down makes for a better atmosphere

beach bum

Mansfield over Hackett after a Hornet TD to make it 22-18 with 3 minutes left in the 3rd.... Unless Mansfield answers here this is going to go down to the wire it appears.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: beach bum on August 23, 2018, 08:53:21 pm
Mansfield over Hackett after a Hornet TD to make it 22-18 with 3 minutes left in the 3rd.... Unless Mansfield answers here this is going to go down to the wire it appears.

Wasn't able to make it tonight. I do know Hackett was down two scores at one time, glad the boys rallied back.

beach bum

Quote from: Hornet4ever on August 23, 2018, 09:07:49 pm
Wasn't able to make it tonight. I do know Hackett was down two scores at one time, glad the boys rallied back.

Hackett down by 2 now with the ball and a little over 2 minutes left... What a game

beach bum

What a come back by Hackett.... I knew this was going to be a good one but wow. Mansfield has a little time left to pull of a TD cause they are down by 4 with less than a minute.

beach bum

Mansfield scores with 20 seconds left for the win it appears  :o ... No shame in that loss for Hackett. Thanks to X14113 for the updates

Hornet4ever

Quote from: beach bum on August 23, 2018, 09:43:46 pm
What a come back by Hackett.... I knew this was going to be a good one but wow. Mansfield has a little time left to pull of a TD cause they are down by 4 with less than a minute.

Sounds like the Hornets started a little slow, but got their act together in closing. Almost had this one! No shame. First game of the season, lots of time left!

x14113

Quote from: Hornet4ever on August 23, 2018, 11:32:40 pm
Sounds like the Hornets started a little slow, but got their act together in closing. Almost had this one! No shame. First game of the season, lots of time left!

Sounds like something to keep an even keel in the aftermath of that ugly game.

Fair reminder that Hackett will be in Mansfield's conference in two years...

Wildcatalumni21

Football on The Mountain tonight!!!! Ready for a packed house and renewing a rivalry that's been absent for more than a decade!! It's gonna be rocking and we are expecting a great game!!! Go Cats!!!

beach bum

I hope Hector can prove me wrong and win this, but I will take Atkins by 2 or 3 TD's..... Go Hector in the one!

Red Devil Dad

This year's Atkins team should be pretty good, but we have a lot riding on QB play. Coach Cody has proven to be a QB whisperer in the past so I will predict the Devils by 21.

Wildcatalumni21

Atkins strikes first after a short punt, but Hector responds but misses PAT. 7-6 Devil's 3:37 1st quarter

Wildcatalumni21

Absolutely horrible call!! Worst I've ever seen!!! Atkins pumt returner waves both hands, then picks ball up and returns it for a TD. These officials are garbage!!!!!

athletic supporter

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on August 24, 2018, 08:09:39 pm
Absolutely horrible call!! Worst I've ever seen!!! Atkins pumt returner waves both hands, then picks ball up and returns it for a TD. These officials are garbage!!!!!

Lol. Never had his hand above his head. Was telling everyone to get away from it.

athletic supporter

Btw, it's now 36-6. You stopped giving updates. Shocking!!!

Hornet4ever

Sounds as if Atkins is a little much for Hector.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: athletic supporter on August 24, 2018, 09:16:18 pm
Lol. Never had his hand above his head. Was telling everyone to get away from it.
Your broadcasters admitted it was the wrong call! Why do you think our 2 players let up? The media guy there said it was the worst call he's ever seen!
Quote from: athletic supporter on August 24, 2018, 09:18:46 pm
Btw, it's now 36-6. You stopped giving updates. Shocking!!!
And actually I was dealing with my 2 year old son and being a Dad but nice try! Score doesn't show how close of a game it actually was and our boys will be fine, especially when we get everyone back and get healthy

athletic supporter

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on August 24, 2018, 09:58:28 pm
Your broadcasters admitted it was the wrong call! Why do you think our 2 players let up? The media guy there said it was the worst call he's ever seen! And actually I was dealing with my 2 year old son and being a Dad but nice try! Score doesn't show how close of a game it actually was and our boys will be fine, especially when we get everyone back and get healthy

I love it when people get on here and run their head and when they get it handed to them they whine and moan.

Btw, the atmosphere was great and as far as I know there were no significant injuries to either team.

HorseFeathers

Hector took one on the chin tonight.... But I think they'll still be okay in conference play...Did Lundgren(sp?) Graduate, transfer or quit? Was thinking he was a junior last year..

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: athletic supporter on August 24, 2018, 10:17:29 pm
I love it when people get on here and run their head and when they get it handed to them they whine and moan.

Btw, the atmosphere was great and as far as I know there were no significant injuries to either team.
Not whining and moaning but instead of a penalty and going into half 10-6 it was 17-6 and drained the energy out of our boys. And actually Hector lost 2 players tonight. Our starting RB was taken to the hospital and our OLB was taken out after 1st qtr. Plus our starting MLB is at Army Basic Training right now and will be back this week so that will help!
Quote from: HorseFeathers on August 24, 2018, 10:22:26 pm
Hector took one on the chin tonight.... But I think they'll still be okay in conference play...Did Lundgren(sp?) Graduate, transfer or quit? Was thinking he was a junior last year..
Landrum was a JR. He was sitting in the stands and decided not to play this year for reasons we won't speak about. He is a huge playmaker and a big play threat that we definitely need! Game would have been different if he's in the backfield

Red Devil Dad

I just googled the fair catch rules. Don't know if it applies for high school but it stated that if the ball touches the ground the fair catch rules don't apply. He caught the ball after it bounced and returned it for a TD. Regardless of the call the game would have ended the same way it did. I thought Hector looked pretty good and they moved the ball better than I would have liked. Atkins was also very sloppy in the 1st half. Hope Hector has a great season and see you again next year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas