• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-3A Week 0

Started by beach bum, August 18, 2018, 12:29:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

August 18, 2018, 12:29:58 pm Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 12:32:47 pm by beach bum
Overall this is a fairly difficult week to pick with some decent matchups for the fans with what on paper looks like very few blowouts . The first week of the season is by far the hardest to pick so I could be way off here on some of these, but I'll take a crack and others can add their two cents of what they see happening.

Booneville 36 Clarksville 21- Clarksville can put up some offense. They did even against solid 5A opponents at times last year. Where they are not very good is physicality and defense and Booneville will exploit that. Booneville will just be too physical for them even as the team in the smaller classification.

Cedarville 44 JC Westside 6- Cedarville will be improved and JC Westside is near the bottom of 2A so I'll take the Pirates easily here

Charleston 35 Melbourne 20- This should be a good game for fans to watch. I think Melbourne is going to be a pretty decent team, but Charleston should be just a cut above.

Hackett 28 Mansfield 27- I think this game will give us an idea of whether Mansfield will get a playoff spot or not because this game seems like a pretty good gauge of what kind of product we will see from Mansfield this season. Hackett may be 2A, but they put out a respectable team each year. If Hackett can beat Mansfield by a semi-comfortable margin that is not a good sign for the Red Tigers moving forward. If they can turn the tables and control this game I think we may see them pushing for the 4th or 5th spot maybe. This will be another good one for the fans.

Perryville 21 Paris 20- This is another game that is very hard to pick. Both teams are replacing a ton of offensive output and graduated both their main playmakers. I think both teams drop off from last year, but if one can show a convincing victory unlike my close prediction that may be a good sign of things to come for the victor if its a big win.

RedTigerFan

August 19, 2018, 02:02:09 pm #1 Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 11:25:27 pm by RedTigerFan

arkansasFBscoop

Hackett - Mansfield will be a fun one.  Two quality coaches involved, as well.

beach bum

-Mansfield gets by in a squeaker over Hackett

-Booneville looks as good as advertised with its dominating win over Clarksville

-Charleston got a tiny scare against Melbourne but pulled away

-Paris loses a close one to Perryville

-Cedarville 50-0 over JC Westside, I know JC Westside is bad so we'll know better of Cedarville probably next week after their Mountainburg game

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas