• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Let's not fill up on chips and salsa

Started by JessieP, August 17, 2018, 10:41:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JessieP

August 17, 2018, 10:41:57 am Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 06:42:59 pm by JessieP
No, I'm not that clever. That's a Bill Belichick quote, he was downplaying the importance of scrimmages. He was equating it to being hungry and filling up on the C&S before the entree got there. We've waited so long for football that we delve a little too deeply into the scrimmages. Sure they are important but hardly a definitive evaluation of the season. Batesville, PA and Wynne looked bad but it's far too soon to panic. No one wants to belt out "Ding dong the witch is dead" regarding PA more that I do but even I am nowhere near warming up the singing pipes. Did they run special teams at the PA/Bryant scrimmage? Special teams are often where PA pulls away. Batesville never starts fast and we knew Wynne was starting from scratch. Let's all take a deep breath and get a few real games under our belt. Heck, Maynard G Krebs is still going through resumes of bikini model interns to work his limo for the 2018 season. By resumes I mean Playboy, Hustler and others. Last time I checked they don't hand out trophies after the scrimmage.

Neckred

PA and Batesville should both be down a lot

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: Neckred on August 17, 2018, 10:58:53 am
yeah but I think PA will be ok by playoffs

bigchief72455

You can never tell. I have seen some teams that looked rough on week 1 and 2 standing at WM in December.

Overdahill

Quote from: JessieP on August 17, 2018, 10:41:57 am
No, I'm not that clever. That's a Bill Belichick quote, he was downplaying the importance of scrimmages. He was equating it to being hungry and filling up on the C&S before the entree got there. We've waited so long for football that we delve a little to deeply into the scrimmages. Sure they are important but hardly a definitive evaluation of the season. Batesville, PA and Wynne looked bad but it's far too soon to panic. No one wants to belt out "Ding dong the witch is dead" regarding PA more that I do but even I am nowhere near warming up the singing pipes. Did they run special teams at the PA/Bryant scrimmage? Special teams are often where PA pulls away. Batesville never starts fast and we knew Wynne was starting from scratch. Let's all take a deep breath and get a few real games under our belt. Heck, Maynard G Krebs is still going through resumes of bikini model interns to work his limo for the 2018 season. By resumes I mean Playboy, Hustler and others. Last time I checked they don't hand out trophies after the scrimmage.

I want to be an Intern for Mayard G Krebs Enterprises  8)

JessieP

August 17, 2018, 06:50:08 pm #5 Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 08:32:20 pm by JessieP
Quote from: Neckred on August 17, 2018, 10:58:53 am

That's a bizarre observation, in fact it's downright goofy. Of the 3, Wynne by far is the biggest question mark. They basically are starting from zero. 21 new starters. Define a down year for PA. If they lose in the Championship it is by definition a "down year". Most schools in the 5A would be high-fivin in the locker room if their season ended after having a PA "down year". Batesville is expected to be slightly better than last year but still not enough firepower to get over the hump.

Neckred

Quote from: JessieP on August 17, 2018, 06:50:08 pm
That's a bizarre observation, in fact it's downright goofy. Of the 3, Wynne by far is the biggest question mark. They basically are starting from zero. 21 new starters. Define a down year for PA. If they lose in the Championship it is by definition a "down year". Most schools in the 5A would be high-fivin in the locker room if their season ended after having a PA "down year". Batesville is expected to be slightly better than last year but still not enough firepower to get over the hump.
I didn't say anything about Wynne because I know nothing about them.  I know the other two are down from their usual

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas