• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 WM-WMS Gridiron Merge

Started by Mr_Deb, August 14, 2018, 12:38:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Blue

Quote from: Topdog1 on October 20, 2018, 09:07:58 am
Benton wins that side of the bracket.  No doubt.  No way all roads lead to West Memphis
Quote from: Mr_Deb on August 14, 2018, 12:38:08 pm
I think this is the start of a long partnership between War Memorial and West Memphis.

Barring something catastrophic I don't see WM losing a single game this season.

If the secondary holds up I really don't see teams scoring over 14, mark my words we're about to shake up football in this state!

Mr_Deb

It's suppose to clear up some tomorrow and we're back to playing on turf so that should give us a boost.

westmem

We can do better our run defense need a little work

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

IT took overtime to score 3 points against Jacksonville and you snuck out a win, at home, against a pine bluff team that is down this year.  Yeah, keep mouthing about War Memorial! We're all getting a good chuckle.

Mr_Deb

Well, from what I gathered about the team early on including key players returning, the trajectory we were on as a program and gauging the competition I couldn't find any reason to believe we wouldn't end up in War Memorial.

Talk about a chuckle I wouldn't be surprised to see Mar'n end up in Little Rock. 

westmem

I think West Memphis is running out of gas and I think mountain home is going to finish us this last game and the way we playing now we want make it out the first round until other wise  ??? But time will tell go blue devils

Mr_Deb

Where'd sweetdixie go?

It seems he took a real liking to you westmem :)

Mr_Deb

November 01, 2018, 10:24:08 pm #57 Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 10:26:03 pm by Mr_Deb
Wishing the devils the best, good luck the rest of the way ;)

Bigfootdogfan

Quote from: Mr_Deb on November 01, 2018, 10:24:08 pm
Wishing the devils the best, good luck the rest of the way ;)

Luck can take you only so far!!!!!!

Mr_Deb

Quote from: Bigfootdogfan on November 01, 2018, 10:35:43 pm

Luck can take you only so far!!!!!!

Haha... well there's some truth to that.

Bigfootdogfan

Quote from: Mr_Deb on November 01, 2018, 10:40:25 pm
Haha... well there's some truth to that.

Ride that luck as long as you can!!!!!!!

The Future

Well to be great, you gotta have a lot of greatness. But a little bit of luck can go a long way!

westmem

Mr_Deb

Quote from: Bigfootdogfan on November 01, 2018, 10:44:35 pm

Ride that luck as long as you can!!!!!!!

I'd focus on Marion if I were you they're certified on offense.

Bigfootdogfan

Heck we are focusing on Lake Hamilton right now!!!!!!

Bigfootdogfan

November 04, 2018, 04:29:59 pm #65 Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 04:32:47 pm by Bigfootdogfan
Quote from: Bigfootdogfan on November 02, 2018, 06:50:25 pm
Heck we are focusing on Lake Hamilton right now!!!!!!

Ok, we are now through focusing on Lake Hamilton now we are focusing on Bye!!!!

Razorkev

I wonder how many West Memphis kids are playing for Marion. I never understood that zoning rule.

Mr_Deb

November 05, 2018, 06:11:43 pm #67 Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 06:13:48 pm by Mr_Deb
I'm not sure if they still zone that area north of dover road to Marion but they at least zoned parts of it to them back when I was in school. I can say for a fact that Marion has had some good West Memphis kids play for them over the years. Prime example, a guy who graduated a year before me named Willie Booth who went on to be an all-state RB. He took Marion to the playoffs and led them to their first winning season in a long time. On the flip side I think we actually got a pretty good football transfer from Marion a few seasons back, although usually it's overwhelming been West Memphis kids ending up at Marion.

I graduated in '01 and Marion has practically doubled in population since then not to mention the zoning of the Crawfordsville and Turrell kids there now. They have some things going for them for sure but it still wouldn't surprise me if one or two West Memphis kids were out there. I do know it'd be a really good football team if both were combined. :D

Razorkev

They did in '07...I lived on Preston ST. in WM and my daughter graduated from Marion that year. Yea Marion has doubled since just then. Keep up the good work !! You guys are my lifeline to WM football...I'm in Omaha trying to keep up.

Mr_Deb

Quote from: Razorkev on November 09, 2018, 04:42:29 am
They did in '07...I lived on Preston ST. in WM and my daughter graduated from Marion that year. Yea Marion has doubled since just then. Keep up the good work !! You guys are my lifeline to WM football...I'm in Omaha trying to keep up.

Thanks bud, not sure if you're familiar with the twitter page but you could google it and also get the links to the radio show there. At some point we've got to start streaming the games, sometimes you'll find folks from Pennsylvania to California tuned in to the broadcast.

Mr_Deb

We've got a rematch with the zebras who played us down to the wire in week 9.

One or two bounces this way or that way and it's a victory for the zebras...

Will the debs be ready this week? Which WM team are we going to see?

WTD

Quote from: Mr_Deb on November 05, 2018, 06:11:43 pm
I'm not sure if they still zone that area north of dover road to Marion but they at least zoned parts of it to them back when I was in school. I can say for a fact that Marion has had some good West Memphis kids play for them over the years. Prime example, a guy who graduated a year before me named Willie Booth who went on to be an all-state RB. He took Marion to the playoffs and led them to their first winning season in a long time. On the flip side I think we actually got a pretty good football transfer from Marion a few seasons back, although usually it's overwhelming been West Memphis kids ending up at Marion.

I graduated in '01 and Marion has practically doubled in population since then not to mention the zoning of the Crawfordsville and Turrell kids there now. They have some things going for them for sure but it still wouldn't surprise me if one or two West Memphis kids were out there. I do know it'd be a really good football team if both were combined. :D

Where did the Pollard kid come from? Also have a current linebacker...

Mr_Deb

Courtney Pollard is actually the transfer I was referring to, he had a big impact that year we had him. As far as there being a current Marion transfer at linebacker I'm not sure about it, but it shouldn't be hard to find out.

Sporty

November 13, 2018, 12:35:54 pm #73 Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 02:20:32 pm by Sporty
  8)

Gomer_Pyle_It_On

Quote from: Sporty on November 13, 2018, 12:35:54 pm
Zoning laws are pretty much irrelevant now with school choice. Several WM parents already checking into bringing their kid to Marion next football season, the school atmosphere, academics, sports and facilities are top notch. Of course it will all be hush hush till the end of the school year. Elmore is not the greatest role model and kids are tired of being dog-cussed everyday.

All ships rise with a high tide and the new superintendent, Dr. Fenter, is the highest tide to go through schools in the Delta since Wilbanks got to Jonesboro. The winds of change continue to blow in Marion's favor since Dr. Fenter's arrival. Marion, much like Jonesboro, will not be the victim of school choice any longer!

Mr_Deb

Quote from: Sporty on November 13, 2018, 12:35:54 pm
Zoning laws are pretty much irrelevant now with school choice. Several WM parents already checking into bringing their kid to Marion next football season, the school atmosphere, academics, sports and facilities are top notch. Of course it will all be hush hush till the end of the school year. Elmore is not the greatest role model and kids are tired of being dog-cussed everyday.

Why not just answer the guy's question without going all willy nilly? That first sentence would've been adequate enough. Marion has some things going for them and Keith Houston was a great hire but I don't exactly think it's some All American apple pie destination. Facility wise I don't see anything in Marion noteworthy enough to give them an advantage there, both seem about equal. Academics could be a lot better and I think with the way WM has become integrated with MSCC they eventually will. I do know West Memphis sends lots of student-athletes to college on scholarships. As far as Billy Elmore's character, the kids seem to like playing for him there's about 80 kids out every year. I try to make it to the homecoming and Marion game every year and I haven't heard one parent say anything negative about his character, maybe a bit of the play calling but not his character. The dog cussing stuff I'm not sure about but if any of those kids have intentions of playing in college they'll hear a lot of dog cussing. Good luck against Sylvan Hills.

we_hate_the_band

Anybody know where we can live stream WM and Marion games? I'd like to see both teams friday night.

WTD

Marion has a Facebook page "Marion Patriot Athletics" I believe you can find it there.

tylerb230

Quote from: we_hate_the_band on November 14, 2018, 01:30:58 pm
Anybody know where we can live stream WM and Marion games? I'd like to see both teams friday night.

Marion does not live stream home games and West Memphis does not offer it at all.

Mr_Deb

Gobble gobble devils we just took the lead on the WM/PB series... don't get too full of the turkey now boys! ;D

zebrafan

November 17, 2018, 03:24:39 pm #80 Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 04:31:32 pm by zebrafan
Quote from: Mr_Deb on November 17, 2018, 12:31:19 am
Gobble gobble devils we just took the lead on the WM/PB series... don't get too full of the turkey now boys! ;D

True that 😑

Mr_Deb

Big game for the debs tonight! We're all proud of this team!! Go Devils!!

Mr_Deb

Gosh dog Benton had to go and ruin our good thing ;D Hats off to them they played hard and better they deserve the shot in Little Rock. Brilliant special teams strategy from them I'd have to say that was the game changer. West Memphis, things just seemed to unravel for us defensively after the half. Benton played at a nice tempo all game I think some of the two way guys started to feel that later on. Offensively we never found a groove and I think we started to panic a little too early. All in all a good season, definitely not the way I had hoped it would end but that's why the game is played.

Welp, I don't think much more needs to be said, the better team won tonight . Again, hats off to Benton and good luck next week in the finals.

Oldbadger

You guys have some scary-good athletes at WM. Held my breath until Benton scored the last TD. Congrats on a very good season!

Mr_Deb

Thanks, I was impressed by a lot of the Benton players as well.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas