• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Charleston 2018

Started by nastynice, August 02, 2018, 09:34:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nastynice

Looks like they may be a little better than we thought. They've added several new "move ins" this summer to the roster. What's the latest in Chucktown?

RTF

Lol Chuck and their "move-ins." They will give Booneville a run for their money but the Cats should still beat them.

AT

Most move ins are from Van Buren. Kids who were tired of playing in a different system every other year.

They are going to be solid at skill positions. O-Line is a concern.

Tough to say honestly. A lot of new pieces. Returning QB and some athletic seniors is going to help.

MICHAELSPAPPY

August 03, 2018, 05:41:26 pm #3 Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 05:52:15 pm by MICHAELSPAPPY
Is this a new verse to an old song?

fbisgreat

talked to a Charleston coach he said only 2 move-ins in Sr. high both pretty good players and 2 players who were hurt last year and did not play are back out and pretty goodplayers.Now the big winner is the Jr.high 4 new players from Van Buren and 3 are really good basketball players.

RTF

If any body is ever insterested in a little story about Chuck and "move-ins" pm me. I got a true story that happened when I was a kid. Didn't think anything of it at the time, a little funny now.

nastynice

Quote from: RTF on August 06, 2018, 01:27:40 pm
If any body is ever insterested in a little story about Chuck and "move-ins" pm me. I got a true story that happened when I was a kid. Didn't think anything of it at the time, a little funny now.

They have more jobs available every year than any small town in America. Lol.....It's become quite comical!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: nastynice on August 06, 2018, 03:38:03 pm
They have more jobs available every year than any small town in America. Lol.....It's become quite comical!
My football player graduated on 2009 can I get a job there?

athletic supporter

Clarksville had more job openings back when Daddy Thompson was still the basketball coach

x14113

A quick look at the area's population trends adds fuel to the fire.  8)

Lineman

Quote from: Oldman on August 06, 2018, 03:57:43 pm
My football player graduated on 2009 can I get a job there?
The only thing there is for you is a room in the nursing home.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Lineman on August 07, 2018, 08:29:51 am
The only thing there is for you is a room in the nursing home.
Man I'm only 53 but I have a lot of miles on me.

ea cat

Jimbo Morphis

adaptedtigerfan

Why have I been gone so long?

ACE

is Charleston's game against Melbourne at Home or Conway? Saw it listed as both so was curious.

Lineman

ChucktownTiger

If you build it they will come.

DogCatcher

CHSTigersFan

If you can't beat'em join'em ain't that what they say....

beach bum

Quote from: CHSTigersFan on August 29, 2018, 03:08:20 pm

The Kevin Durant special....

smurf_you91

Do y'all plan on signing LeBron anytime soon?

athletic supporter

Quote from: smurf_you91 on August 29, 2018, 05:17:58 pm
Do y'all plan on signing LeBron anytime soon?

He'll "move in"

nastynice

Quote from: CHSTigersFan on August 29, 2018, 03:08:20 pm

I didn't realize you guys were beating Greenwood, Van Buren and Lavaca every year.  ;D MAGA!

gold45

Quote from: athletic supporter on August 29, 2018, 05:48:45 pm
He'll "move in"

Hopefully his closest 6'5, 300 lb, highly athletic friends will come with him.  Our line recruitment staff has been slacking...... ::) MAGA!!

athletic supporter

Quote from: nastynice on August 29, 2018, 06:43:33 pm
I didn't realize you guys were beating Greenwood, Van Buren and Lavaca every year.  ;D MAGA!

Now that's funny
+100

gold45

After tonight's 27-28 loss to the dirty sand lizards after a failed 2-point conversion, I'd say the Tigers are gonna definitely be a contender...

x14113

Fair reminder that Dardy is supposed to be taking a bit of a step back this year.

Good thing you've two weeks to prepare for the Feud. You'll need it.

Eaglehawk535

Should have kicked it with the best kicker they have had in years. If I was the DC I would throw my head coach the defensive calls and signals as he clearly does not trust his D in overtime. Chucks offensive game plan was not any better than their D tonight. Go to OT and trust your D..

FBGFDRUM

99% of the time I support our OC's playcalling, but that 2 pt conversion call seemed to be a very bad idea and a slap in the face to the DC.

CapnObvious

Hey x14113 you do realize you just got drummed right ? Let me know how it feels in the morning..

gold45

Quote from: Eaglehawk535 on August 31, 2018, 11:30:42 pm
Should have kicked it with the best kicker they have had in years. If I was the DC I would throw my head coach the defensive calls and signals as he clearly does not trust his D in overtime. Chucks offensive game plan was not any better than their D tonight. Go to OT and trust your D..

Non-conference game.  I go for the win with the 2 point.  Coach K made the right call.  We have the best kicker in our conference I have no doubt.  So could we have won in overtime?  Yes.  But why not go for it?  I say he made the right call.  I can't wait for the Tigers to meet up with the Hillbillies and show them a repeat of last year and a repeat of what they reaped tonight from all their smack talk to Booneville.  Great victory, Bearcats!!!! 

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: gold45 on August 31, 2018, 11:16:13 pm
After tonight's 27-28 loss to the dirty sand lizards after a failed 2-point conversion, I'd say the Tigers are gonna definitely be a contender...
Hey folks watch your step in here, it's gotten pretty slippery tonight. Sour grapes all over the floor........

gold45

And one more thing... Kendrick is a hero if the 2 point is good.  It just so happens that it wasn't.  He made the right call for a game that meant nothing more than bragging rights.

gold45

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on August 31, 2018, 11:56:34 pm
Hey folks watch your step in here, it's gotten pretty slippery tonight. Sour grapes all over the floor........

Ya, season ending injuries to senior players from a late hit kind of lend to the perfect environment for sour grapes.  Proceed with caution.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: gold45 on August 31, 2018, 11:59:48 pm
And one more thing... Kendrick is a hero if the 2 point is good.  It just so happens that it wasn't.  He made the right call for a game that meant nothing more than bragging rights.
"a game that meant nothing more than bragging rights."

Ah never mind, I thought you were a Charleston fan. Charleston is one of the most respected programs in the state and I know for a fact the Charleston loyal do not think the way you do, especially regarding a home game. Save face and go to bed.

Lineman

Congratulations to the sand lizards on their victory. The tigers played their hearts out tonight, but came up a little short. I don't see going for two at the end as a slap in the face of your D. You play to WIN not tie. As far as which play to call, I'm pretty sure none of y'all are on the payroll for play calling. It's a catch 22, had we kicked the extra point & lost in OT, you jackwagons would be bashing that call too. It's time to lick our wounds, move on & get prepared for Ozark. And for Pete's sake stand up & cheer once in a while.

Sigmund Sauer

September 01, 2018, 12:18:09 am #37 Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 12:28:07 am by Sigmund Sauer
Quote from: Lineman on September 01, 2018, 12:09:19 am
Congratulations to the sand lizards on their victory. The tigers played their hearts out tonight, but came up a little short. I don't see going for two at the end as a slap in the face of your D. You play to WIN not tie. As far as which play to call, I'm pretty sure none of y'all are on the payroll for play calling. It's a catch 22, had we kicked the extra point & lost in OT, you jackwagons would be bashing that call too. It's time to lick our wounds, move on & get prepared for Ozark. And for Pete's sake stand up & cheer once in a while.
+1 Exactly, Tigers will make that 9 out of 10 tries. Good luck in the coming weeks, no one ever looks forward to having to play Charleston. Especially at Charleston!

gold45

September 01, 2018, 12:23:43 am #38 Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 12:28:03 am by gold45
Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on September 01, 2018, 12:03:00 am
"a game that meant nothing more than bragging rights."

Ah never mind, I thought you were a Charleston fan. Charleston is one of the most respected programs in the state and I know for a fact the Charleston loyal do not think the way you do, especially regarding a home game. Save face and go to bed.

You know for a fact, Sigmund? Are you like the newest version of  Sigmund Freud and you are like a master of knowing what people think? ???

gold45

Quote from: gold45 on September 01, 2018, 12:23:43 am
You know for a fact, Sigmund? Are you like the newest version of  Sigmund Freud and you are like a master of knowing what people think? ???

Never mind.  Considering the fact you are even questioning whether I'm a Charleston fan let's me know you probably have no idea who I am as well as who Sigmund Freud is.  Perhaps I will just go to bed knowing Coach K made the right call for the particular situation he was in... sweet dreams, Sigmund.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: gold45 on September 01, 2018, 12:23:43 am
Switch to coffee, the sun will come up tomorrow. Most Charleston fans are always very classy.......

gold45

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on September 01, 2018, 12:33:30 am
Switch to coffee, the sun will come up tomorrow. Most Charleston fans are always very classy.......

Very original, Sigmund... Whip out the classy card ::)

x14113

September 01, 2018, 12:57:57 am #42 Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 02:19:06 am by x14113
Quote from: CapnObvious on August 31, 2018, 11:46:34 pm
Hey x14113 you do realize you just got drummed right ? Let me know how it feels in the morning..

Chuck just needs to make sure that they won't wish we hadn't.

Sigmund Sauer

September 01, 2018, 01:04:38 am #43 Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 01:24:17 am by Sigmund Sauer
Gold45 keeps drinking the whine (wine) she makes from those sour grapes. Judging from the messages I've received, most of Chucktown wishes she'd just log off........for good lol! I'll be honest this 3A board is fun, I'll have to check it out again throughout the year.

gold45

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on September 01, 2018, 01:04:38 am
Gold45 keeps drinking the whine (wine) she makes from those sour grapes. Judging from the messages I've received, most of Chucktown wishes she'd just log off........for good lol! I'll be honest this 3A board is fun, I'll have to check it out again throughout the year.

I'm sure your inbox is just flooded, Sigmund Sauer Freud... ::) Most of Chucktown?  or just the democratic half? MAGA!

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: FBGFDRUM on August 31, 2018, 11:40:22 pm
99% of the time I support our OC's playcalling, but that 2 pt conversion call seemed to be a very bad idea and a slap in the face to the DC.

What are you talking about??? This game means nothing come playoff time. Get up there and see what kinda guts and heart your guys have got. Didn't work out but made the right call. In a game that matters we probably kick the extra point and go see what we can do in OT.

ChucktownTiger

I was only able to catch the 2nd half and online. The MVP of this game and the ones that surprised me the most was the O Line. Those guys are undersized and went up there and gave Caudle all kinds of time in the pocket. Again I only saw the second half but kudos to the O Line. For sure the Offensive MVP last night. 

Lizard47

For what it's worth, much respect to Chuck. I assure you had we been in that situation Vega would have gone for 2. Great game between two good programs. Go take it to Ozark and soften them up for us some more.

gold45

Quote from: Lizard47 on September 01, 2018, 07:50:54 am
For what it's worth, much respect to Chuck. I assure you had we been in that situation Vega would have gone for 2. Great game between two good programs. Go take it to Ozark and soften them up for us some more.

+1

nastynice

Coach K made the right choice. One of the best around at what he does.  Tigers have nothing to be ashamed of. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas