• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Preseason Scrimmages

Started by bulldoghistorian, July 29, 2018, 04:31:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldoghistorian

July 29, 2018, 04:31:55 pm Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 04:37:00 pm by bulldoghistorian
Who are your preseason scrimmages against, and when?
Star City's is at Watson Chapel Tuesday August 14th.

Sports Guru

July 29, 2018, 06:18:03 pm #1 Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 07:15:34 am by Crossett Eagle
Crossett Jamboree 6:30 p.m. 8-24

Crossett vs D'Arbonne Charter
D'Arbonne Charter vs Beekman Charter
Crossett vs Beekman Charter

bigchief72455

jacosportsfreak

bigchief72455

Nacho

Arkadelphia plays Beebe on August 14th.

Digger#23

July 30, 2018, 01:24:42 pm #6 Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 05:41:16 pm by Digger#23
Bauxite plays CAC on August 20th.

Maynard G Krebs

Scrappers vs an unnamed team in game to be played at Roy, AR😏😏

ISU7

EPC @ Rivercrest tue Aug 21st

Mulerider4Life

SR Benefit game for Harmony Grove against Riverview at 7pm.

Oldbadger

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on July 30, 2018, 05:50:47 pm
Scrappers vs an unnamed team in game to be played at Roy, AR😏😏
I probably won't go, but, where is Roy, AR?lol

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: Oldbadger on July 31, 2018, 12:34:31 pm
I probably won't go, but, where is Roy, AR?lol

I can't find it on Google.

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on July 31, 2018, 01:13:33 pm
I can't find it on Google.
Looks like 10 or so miles from Nashville. Looked it up on google maps.

Maynard G Krebs

July 31, 2018, 05:41:25 pm #13 Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 05:45:46 pm by Maynard G Krebs
Quote from: bulldoghistorian on July 31, 2018, 03:30:04 pm
Looks like 10 or so miles from Nashville. Looked it up on google maps.

Correct.  No football field, but once thought to be a great place to party until.......

Oldbadger

August 02, 2018, 10:31:20 am #14 Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 10:42:03 am by Oldbadger
 This is Nashville's preseason scrimmage, why it is being played in Roy!lol
"What it was, was football" by Andy Griffith with minor changes by Oldbadger.lol

It was back last October, I believe it was.
We was going to hold a tent service off at this little town by the name of Roy, and we got there about dinner time on Saturday.
Different ones of us thought that we ought to get us amouthful to eat before we set up the tent.
So we got off the truck and followed this little bunch of people through this small little bitty patch of woods there, and we came up on a big sign that says, "Get something to Eat Here." I went up and got me two hot dogs and a big orange drink, and before I could take a mouthful of that food, this whole raft of people dressed in funny orange suits come up around me and got me to where I couldn't eat nothing, up like, and I dropped my big orange drink.
Well, friends, they commenced to move, and there wasn't so much that I could do but move with them. Well, we commenced to go through all kinds of doors and gates and I don't know what- all, and I looked up over one of 'em and it says, "North Gate."We kept on a-going through there, and pretty soon welcome up on a young boy and he says,"Ticket, please."And I says, "Friend, I don't have a ticket; I don't even know where it is that I'm a-going!"Well, he says, "Come on out as quick as you can."And I says, "I'll do 'er; I'll turn right around the first chance I get." Well, we kept on a-moving through there, and pretty soon everybody got where it was that they was a-going, because they parted and I could see pretty good.
And what I seen was this whole raft of people a-sittin' on these two banks and a-lookin at one another across this pretty little green cow pasture. Somebody had took and drawed white lines all over it and drove posts in it, and I don't know what all, and I looked down there and I seen five or six convicts a running up and down and a-blowing whistles.
And then I looked down there and I seen these pretty girls wearin' these little bitty short dresses and a-dancing around, and so I thought I'd sit down and see what it was that was a-going to happen. About the time I got set down good I looked down there and I seen thirty or forty men come a-runnin' out of one end of a great big outhouse down there and everybody where I was a-settin' got up and hollered! And I asked this fella that was a sittin' beside of me,"Friend, what is it that they're a-hollerin' for?"Well, he whopped me on the back and he says,"Buddy, have a drink!" I says,"Well, I believe I will have another big orange."I got it and set back down. When I got there again I seen that the men had got in two little bitty bunches down there real close together, and they voted.
They elected one man apiece, and them two men come out in the middle of that cow pastureand shook hands like they hadn't seen one another in a long time.
Then a convict came over to where they was a-standin', and he took out a quarter and they commenced to oddman right there! After a while I seen what it was they was odd-manning for.
It was that both bunchesfull of them wanted this funnylookin little pumpkin to play with.
And I know, friends, that they couldn't eat it because theykicked it the whole evenin'and it never busted. Both bunchesful wanted that thing.
One bunch got it and it made the other bunch just as mad as they could be! Friends, I seen that evenin' the awfulest fight that I ever have seen in all my life! They would run at one -another and kick one- another and throw one another down and stomp on one another and grind their feet in one another and I don't know what-all and just as fast as one of 'em would get hurt, they'd take him off and run another one on! Well, they done that as long as I set there, but pretty soon this boy that had said"Ticket, please." He come up to me and said,"Friend, you're gonna have to leave because it is that you don't have a ticket."And I says, "Well, all right." And I got up and left. I don't know friends, to this day, what it was that they was a doin' down there, but I have studied about it.
I think it was that it's some kindly of a contest where they see which bunchful of them men can take that pumpkin and run from one end of that cow pasture to the other without gettin' knocked down or steppin' in somethin'. And to this day, Nashville has played their preseason game in Roy, and has started wearing long cleats on their shoes just in case they steps in somethin'.

Maynard G Krebs

he says,"Buddy, have a drink!" ......and that's where the Roy gathering went south

Digger#23

Bauxite vs. CAC @ Bauxite 8/20/18.

BigGuy22

Pea Ridge plays Siloam Springs at Siloam I'm the 13th I believe!

SUGARTOWN

hogwild_82

Is Batesville Southside scrimmaging GCT again?? If so when?

prHOG13

Quote from: BigGuy22 on August 02, 2018, 09:06:23 pm
Pea Ridge plays Siloam Springs at Siloam I'm the 13th I believe!
On the 17th

friscokid

Looks like a bunch of teams are diving into the Zero Week action with gusto this cycle. That means teams will be scrimmaging earlier and will be a lot more vanilla more by necessity than by strategy.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: Digger#23 on August 02, 2018, 07:31:44 pm
Bauxite vs. CAC @ Bauxite 8/20/18.

Bauxite will get their Defense tested in this scrimmage.

Mr. Mercer

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: Mr. Mercer on August 06, 2018, 01:18:57 pm
CAC supposed to be better?

Sorry, when I was looking up the year before. CAC should be nowhere near they were 2 years ago. So it should be a good match between both teams. I think both teams have alot to prove.

Digger#23

We've been told that our starters will play no more than a quarter.  Using this to get the 2nd and third team some meaningful snaps.  Otherwise, Bauxite rolls these guys up big. 

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Mr. Mercer on August 06, 2018, 01:18:57 pm
CAC supposed to be better?

Switching back to the spread, not sure how much better they'll be though. Can't be much worse I guess.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: Digger#23 on August 07, 2018, 05:45:56 pm
We've been told that our starters will play no more than a quarter.  Using this to get the 2nd and third team some meaningful snaps.  Otherwise, Bauxite rolls these guys up big.

Did they get the 2nd string from Bryant?

phdefense

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on August 08, 2018, 07:37:55 am
Did they get the 2nd string from Bryant?
of course not, the starters are from Bryant the second string is from Benton and the third string is from Bauxite  8)

Overdahill

Quote from: phdefense on August 08, 2018, 02:59:00 pm
of course not, the starters are from Bryant the second string is from Benton and the third string is from Bauxite  8)

To the Pit of Misery, Dilly Dilly

x14113

IDK why it isn't on the list, but...

Ozark @ Farmington, Tuesday 8/21, 6:00

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: phdefense on August 08, 2018, 02:59:00 pm

Best comment ever!!!

Coltfan2005

Mulerider4Life

Jimbo Morphis

ea cat

bulldoghistorian

Watson Chapel 42
Star City 7
Half

bulldoghistorian

GuvHog

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on August 14, 2018, 08:11:42 pm
Chapel 49
Star City 7
Final

Tough night for the Bulldogs but to be honest, both teams have some work to do to get ready for their first game.

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: GuvHog on August 14, 2018, 08:45:43 pm
Tough night for the Bulldogs but to be honest, both teams have some work to do to get ready for their first game.
I'd 2nd that.

SouthernerPride

Quote from: hogwild_82 on August 04, 2018, 08:46:46 pm
Is Batesville Southside scrimmaging GCT again?? If so when?
Southside played Harding Academy tonight. Hearing the Southerners won but not sure of a score.

$aintMaximu$

Springdale - As much as they wanted

Shiloh- 0

Anything place over 4th in conference for this team will be a win.  This is the lowest point I have ever seen the program... Will be a very rough year...

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on August 15, 2018, 07:18:07 am
Springdale - As much as they wanted

Shiloh- 0

Anything place over 4th in conference for this team will be a win.  This is the lowest point I have ever seen the program... Will be a very rough year...

Nahh it's Shiloh. They will figure it out.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on August 15, 2018, 07:38:23 am
Nahh it's Shiloh. They will figure it out.

I hope so but we have a lot of problems.  The 11th grade class has fallen apart.  Way too many kids quitting,  way too many parents complaining (outside of the normal).  We have a really bad culture issue and playing football for Shiloh is just not what it use to be.  I think we are lacking some serious leadership...

AirWarren

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on August 15, 2018, 08:13:15 am
I hope so but we have a lot of problems.  The 11th grade class has fallen apart.  Way too many kids quitting,  way too many parents complaining (outside of the normal).  We have a really bad culture issue and playing football for Shiloh is just not what it use to be.  I think we are lacking some serious leadership...

This is a shame to hear.

DeltaBoy

What is Star City doing offensively now?

OrangeCrush.

Score from Monday

1st half (Varsity):  Nashville 9, El Dorado 7
2nd half (JV):  Nashville 21, El Dorado 7

bulldoghistorian

panther07

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on August 15, 2018, 08:13:15 am

So all the rah-rah stuff the head coach is about doesn't always work? Don't they have cool hashtags and sayings to go on shirts and stuff? huh

AirWarren

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas