• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wonderview new girls coach

Started by Backboard Shattered, July 01, 2018, 05:49:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sports Loser

riccoar

Does anyone know if he was terminated or just informed he won't be back after this school year?

Basketballfan13

Quote from: Woodrow1 on February 05, 2019, 12:55:29 pm
I miss the days of coaches looking sharp.  I'd love to see someone pull out the attire of Slick Rick McKinney. 
The days of seeing coaches like Slick Rick are long gone, people are way to soft for some of the things he would say!

SackAttack

Quote from: riccoar on February 05, 2019, 01:56:20 pm
Does anyone know if he was terminated or just informed he won't be back after this school year?
Does it really matter!! Don't to Sack!! Sack more worried about the motives and shady underhandedness!! Sack remembers Boss taking us over there and everything being up and up! Good sportsmanship, friendly folks, and great competition! And then you now have these types of deals that are commonplace

Ctucker

February 05, 2019, 03:40:35 pm #104 Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 03:52:27 pm by Ctucker
Quote from: Basketballfan13 on February 05, 2019, 03:33:10 pm
The days of seeing coaches like Slick Rick are long gone, people are way to soft for some of the things he would say!
[/quote. How is slick doing did he get his life strait?

Special K

Let's not bash Slick Rick now that he has turned his life around.  It's probably all the crap he had to put up with from the pressure to win in the first place.  He was in the beginning of times for sure.

SackAttack

Quote from: Special K on February 05, 2019, 03:52:59 pm
Let's not bash Slick Rick now that he has turned his life around.  It's probably all the crap he had to put up with from the pressure to win in the first place.  He was in the beginning of times for sure.
Sack agrees!!

Ctucker

glad he has changed what is he doing now?

Oxford Cat

One of the most memorable coaching battles I've witnessed was McKinney/Strother vs Smith/King in the 06 Regional final Midland vs Cave City. The first six rows behind the benches should have been roped off with signs saying no women and children allowed. Great game that the Cavemen eventually won.

BlueBird4Life

February 05, 2019, 04:38:31 pm #109 Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 04:40:06 pm by BlueBird4Life

I didn't see where anyone is bashing him?  The dude could flat out coach....

Woodrow1

I'll assure you that I wasn't bashing Rick. He was always styling and profiling. And did an excellent job with his teams. They always played extremely hard and were tough.

Sports Loser

I heard some more about the Wonderview situation today and I'm thinking that maybe this was administrations plan the whole time.  Do that to Coach Richey and let the things that Squires has done this year and years past go? 

scrapdig

Ok so what is up with the Squires guy?  What's he done?

riccoar

Quote from: scrapdig on February 06, 2019, 08:11:26 am
Ok so what is up with the Squires guy?  What's he done?
Yes, either spill it or send it through PM.  I don't get why it's so hush hush.

officialvsfan

SackAttack

Quote from: officialvsfan on February 07, 2019, 06:59:18 am
I know he's Reffing now
Well well Sack has found out more truths on the matter and Sack reports confirmation that Richey is still employed but banished to the classroom as not!  Confirmed no coaching duties as Squires will do all coaching that he was inevitable to do anyway through shady dealings and underhanded dealings commonplace and everyday wise since beginning!! Everybody knows Sack loves corn and pop! For the price of corn and pop Sack would curl your toes if you know what I mean! Quad A investigative team is Primo High Seed

riccoar

Quote from: SackAttack on February 07, 2019, 10:42:13 pm
Well well Sack has found out more truths on the matter and Sack reports confirmation that Richey is still employed but banished to the classroom as not!  Confirmed no coaching duties as Squires will do all coaching that he was inevitable to do anyway through shady dealings and underhanded dealings commonplace and everyday wise since beginning!! Everybody knows Sack loves corn and pop! For the price of corn and pop Sack would curl your toes if you know what I mean! Quad A investigative team is Primo High Seed
I would imagine a 1 year contract.   Guessing if he stays it will only be to teach.  He left Westside to take the Wonderview job.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: riccoar on February 08, 2019, 11:23:29 am
I would imagine a 1 year contract.   Guessing if he stays it will only be to teach.  He left Westside to take the Wonderview job.

I thought he got ran out of town?

riccoar

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 08, 2019, 12:03:25 pm
I thought he got ran out of town?
No.  The only thing taken away were his duties as Girls basketball coach.  Shane Davis was removed as Boys basketball coach.  Richey was assigned to other sports.  So he was still coaching at Westside, just not as Jr. or Sr. High Girls basketball coach.  Never terminated.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: riccoar on February 08, 2019, 12:12:36 pm
No.  The only thing taken away were his duties as Girls basketball coach.  Shane Davis was removed as Boys basketball coach.  Richey was assigned to other sports.  So he was still coaching at Westside, just not as Jr. or Sr. High Girls basketball coach.  Never terminated.

10-4

Flobbito

Quote from: riccoar on February 08, 2019, 11:23:29 am

Doubt he stays, if he is out as a coach there then his salary will be reduced, too far to drive and take a pay cut, imo.

riccoar

Quote from: Flobbito on February 08, 2019, 12:36:51 pm
Doubt he stays, if he is out as a coach there then his salary will be reduced, too far to drive and take a pay cut, imo.
He left Westside because he wants to coach basketball.  If he leaves Wonderview, it will be because that option is no longer available as well.

Flobbito

Quote from: riccoar on February 08, 2019, 12:52:20 pm
He left Westside because he wants to coach basketball.  If he leaves Wonderview, it will be because that option is no longer available as well.

He got nudged out after the season last year at WS right?  Seems like he has some success with his teams, wonder what it is that schools don't like about him?  Was this hire by Wonderview a panic hire because of the timing of it?

riccoar

Quote from: Flobbito on February 08, 2019, 01:02:28 pm
He got nudged out after the season last year at WS right?  Seems like he has some success with his teams, wonder what it is that schools don't like about him?  Was this hire by Wonderview a panic hire because of the timing of it?
People didn't like the leadership of the Boys or Girls and wanted change.  So, they took away those responsibilities from the current coaches and put them on other sports.

Richey is a great guy, but IMHO, too nice of a guy to be coach.

Motownsportsfan

Quote from: riccoar on February 08, 2019, 01:26:38 pm
People didn't like the leadership of the Boys or Girls and wanted change.  So, they took away those responsibilities from the current coaches and put them on other sports.

Richey is a great guy, but IMHO, too nice of a guy to be coach.
agree totally

royalhoops

Quote from: Flobbito on February 08, 2019, 12:36:51 pm
Typically when you get reassigned, they cannot reduce your salary.

SackAttack

Quote from: Flobbito on February 08, 2019, 01:02:28 pm
Sacks sources swear it was all a devious scheme cooked up with Squires taking over just in the nick of time to save the day ala Mighty Mouse cartoon style! According to Motownguy he's got them in tip-top shape in the last three days!! Not a panic hire at all sauté Sack but rather all in the plan hatched long ago!! Sacks sources choose not to be divulged or implicated but are rather knowledgeable! Amazing what former players will tell you when not treated with respect and loyalty!!

Motownsportsfan

Quote from: SackAttack on February 08, 2019, 02:17:37 pm
Sacks sources swear it was all a devious scheme cooked up with Squires taking over just in the nick of time to save the day ala Mighty Mouse cartoon style! According to Motownguy he's got them in tip-top shape in the last three days!! Not a panic hire at all sauté Sack but rather all in the plan hatched long ago!! Sacks sources choose not to be divulged or implicated but are rather knowledgeable! Amazing what former players will tell you when not treated with respect and loyalty!!
no time to get in tip top shape but will be in better shape. I was told the same as you about the plan all along but I'm not sure I'm buying everything being sold. You yourself Sack didn't understand the hire when it was made

SackAttack

Quote from: Motownsportsfan on February 08, 2019, 02:52:44 pm
no time to get in tip top shape but will be in better shape. I was told the same as you about the plan all along but I'm not sure I'm buying everything being sold. You yourself Sack didn't understand the hire when it was made
Yes Sack didn't understand the hire as the masses did not even the Boss himself!! Hey f Boss don't understand it then it can't be understood!! Sack says don't buy it if it ain't on sale but this little theory came cheap from very reputable sources of a many! One person says it zero credibility two people say it scratch your chin 3-4 people say it and you got smoke and Sack says where there's smoke there's fire!! Sack nods in superior knowledge and inside info from reputable sources

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas