• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The 2 6AA going to be Tough

Started by Lions84, May 01, 2018, 10:52:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lions84

Earle got added for Football this cycle.  With Hazen it got to be a slobber knocker.

Ventman

mr.gametime

Dogg

Earle returns 9 on defense & 8 on offense plus we will unleash a  250lb rb.
Plenty of speed and depth on the lines. I doubt Hazen is going to blow through Earle

Hgalum50

Hazen has a few good running backs they are my early favorite!

Lions84

It will be fun to see how it all plays out.

CaptainSwarm25

Gonna have to find a few more big boys for us to blow through anything

Lions84

Battle will be with Des Arc , Clarendon and Carlisle to see who finishes 3,4,5th

Old Scrapper

Quote from: Lions84 on May 10, 2018, 09:18:07 am
Battle will be with Des Arc , Clarendon and Carlisle to see who finishes 3,4,5th
I wouldn't count any of those out of the 1 or 2 spots either.

Pit Bull

Should be a very interesting season.... Go Bulldogs...

big E

See I miss y'all already, we traded Hazen , Carlisle,  and Des Arc for Rison,  Maghee,  Dollarway and Barton oh joy bliss.

Ventman

Lions84

Quote from: big E on May 13, 2018, 07:40:42 pm
See I miss y'all already, we traded Hazen , Carlisle,  and Des Arc for Rison,  Maghee,  Dollarway and Barton oh joy bliss.

Dang gum you got the shaft for sure Big E!

Sonofasonofasailor

May 27, 2018, 01:12:58 pm #13 Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 06:37:54 pm by Sonofasonofasailor
Saw a Lonoke County newspaper article that covered recent graduations.  Lonoke graduated 138 while Carlisle graduated 44.  Don't see a benefit for either team when they play opening weekend.

bigworm

Quote from: big E on May 13, 2018, 07:40:42 pm

I dont think barton is doin much right now. Dollarway was terrible last year. Now Rison and Mcghee makes up the difference. Haha

BisonFan1

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on May 27, 2018, 01:12:58 pm
Saw a Lonoke County newspaper article that covered recent graduations.  Lonoke graduated 138 while Carlisle graduated 44.  Don't see a benefit for either team when they play opening weekend.

I agree.  As much as I want this old rivalry to thrive, the fact of the matter is that Carlisle is on the short end of the stick.  Lonoke has over three times as many kids in each class, 10-12, which means they have more depth, more athletes, etc. 

I know they draw lots of money for the game and I know that Coach likes to play tougher opponents, but with this being the first game of the year, it can really set the tone for the rest of the season.  I'm not saying they need to play a complete cupcake, but at least someone that they can more closely match up with and have a decent chance at winning.   

ISU7

Quote from: bigworm on May 27, 2018, 01:17:51 pm
I dint think barton is doing much right now. Dollarway was terrible last year. Now Rison and Mcghee makes up the difference. Haha
Mcgehee is still 3A maybe he meant Fordyce

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: ISU7 on May 28, 2018, 04:29:06 am
Mcgehee is still 3A maybe he meant Fordyce
Big E is moving up to 3a.

big E

Quote from: Oldman on May 28, 2018, 08:07:40 am
Big E is moving up to 3a.
At least for one cycle anyway. Kids have been working really hard for coach Knowlton. I figure it's gonna take every ounce of that hard work.

Cheek

Quote from: BisonFan1 on May 27, 2018, 07:46:53 pm
I agree.  As much as I want this old rivalry to thrive, the fact of the matter is that Carlisle is on the short end of the stick.  Lonoke has over three times as many kids in each class, 10-12, which means they have more depth, more athletes, etc. 

I know they draw lots of money for the game and I know that Coach likes to play tougher opponents, but with this being the first game of the year, it can really set the tone for the rest of the season.  I'm not saying they need to play a complete cupcake, but at least someone that they can more closely match up with and have a decent chance at winning.

Yes,  Carlisle dropped England to pick up Lonoke. This would be a better matchup year after year.

Lions84

I am ready for Summer and 7-7 and Summer workouts in Texas.  Plus I hope to get home for the summer at least once.

Bulldogs2002

Earle is coming back even stronger this season....Bulldogs are on a mission, they have something to prove this season💪💪💪

Lions84

Enjoy the Summer and Fall will be here soon!

Maddog11

Earle will be ready this year. Alot to prove.

big E

Earle don't have anything to prove just keep adults from wrecking the ship and they should be fine ,

Lions84

It is about to get real. Just a few more weeks!

RiverEagle079

So rumor from some unnamed source stated that Hazen butterflies have only had 5-10 in the weightroom during the workouts in the summer.  They feel they are going to walk the league and be shooed into the number 1 seed for the playoffs.  8)

Coach95

Quote from: RiverEagle079 on July 17, 2018, 05:12:00 pm
So rumor from some unnamed source stated that Hazen butterflies have only had 5-10 in the weightroom during the workouts in the summer.  They feel they are going to walk the league and be shooed into the number 1 seed for the playoffs.  8)
That is rumor bc there has been on average of 21-24 kids there in the weight room everyday....

RiverEagle079

yeah junior high is always committed  ;D

old.dole

Guy from Hazen told me if they had a bad game every week they would still win 7 games this year

i40traveler

Quote from: old.dole on July 18, 2018, 11:20:10 am
Guy from Hazen told me if they had a bad game every week they would still win 7 games this year

Whoever told you that is a liar and a fool

MUSTANGSALLY23

Any word on New DC  at Hazen? What will he be running? My sources say 3-4?

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: old.dole on July 18, 2018, 11:20:10 am

Know nothing about CC or Bearden but Brinkley, Marianna and Marvell are glorified scrimmages.  Hazen beat DA by 40 last year and unless the new coach at Carlisle brought some speed with him, those two could be easy wins.  Clarendon got better later last year but their numbers are down so who knows with them.  Given that schedule, I could see Hazen winning 7 games without playing their best.     

i40traveler

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on July 18, 2018, 04:35:25 pm
Know nothing about CC or Bearden but Brinkley, Marianna and Marvell are glorified scrimmages.  Hazen beat DA by 40 last year and unless the new coach at Carlisle brought some speed with him, those two could be easy wins.  Clarendon got better later last year but their numbers are down so who knows with them.  Given that schedule, I could see Hazen winning 7 games without playing their best.   

Carlisle & Des Arc won't be a cakewalk for anybody. Especially Hazen

old.dole

Does Hazen not return almost everybody?

i40traveler

Quote from: old.dole on July 19, 2018, 09:53:02 am
Does Hazen not return almost everybody?

Yeah. So what. Everyone else does to. And everyone else has been working hard this summer.

old.dole

Lol I'm sure the Hazen kids have been working too

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: i40traveler on July 19, 2018, 08:55:28 am
Carlisle & Des Arc won't be a cakewalk for anybody. Especially Hazen

Each year is different for sure but have they closed the gap on a team that beat them a combined 95-6 last year? 

old.dole

May be closer games but outcome should be the same at the end. That's a lot of gap to close without losing a bunch of talent

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on July 18, 2018, 04:35:25 pm

And des arc beat hazen like a drum the 2 years before that. So what is your point?

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on July 21, 2018, 08:14:40 pm
And des arc beat hazen like a drum the 2 years before that. So what is your point?

That the talent level at small schools tends to be cyclical and right now, Hazen is on an uptick. Nothing more, nothing less.

i40traveler

Des Arc is the strongest team in 2A.

Carlisle will be the most improved team in 2A

Clarendon will beat anybody on any given Friday.

Earle & Hazen think they have it easy they'll get knocked on their butt

MUSTANGSALLY23

From what I'm hearing around the league is Earle will not skip a beat from last year, Des Arc is very strong, and Hazens  numbers are bad low.

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: i40traveler on July 24, 2018, 12:11:55 pm

Curious about Clarendon's numbers since they were mentioned in the 8 man football discussion.  Anyone know?

Saw Carlisle play Lonoke last year and that was one of the slowest teams I've ever seen.  Can't teach speed so that could be a problem again this year.

i40traveler

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on July 24, 2018, 02:01:35 pm
Curious about Clarendon's numbers since they were mentioned in the 8 man football discussion.  Anyone know?

Saw Carlisle play Lonoke last year and that was one of the slowest teams I've ever seen.  Can't teach speed so that could be a problem again this year.

You're going to think slow

RiverEagle079

DA is by far not the strongest in the 2A but they have improved well had a major change in the summer and I am proud to announce new bleachers will be installed so no more wood all metal.
Carlisle is going to have a different attitude this year for sure but same wing t offense could hurt them
Clarendon is a toss up they have the athletes to play with the best but do not have discipline
Earle will be Earle
Hazen will be the king until they are beaten I think DA and Earle knock them off their horse. 

Hornet68

Boys it's about that time of year again. Time to strap them cleats on and y'all better tighten up them shoulder pads because hazen is in it to win it again. Y'all thought y'all had it hard last year, most people returned and they are hungry

BisonFan1

Here's how I think the top 5 will shake out:

1. Hazen
2. DA
3. Earle
4. Carlisle
5. Clarendon

I think 4 and 5 are interchangeable.  Carlisle is breaking in a new coach/new system and I'm just not sure they have the depth or athletes to achieve any higher than 4.  Luckily, outside the top 5, the conference is pretty bad, so I don't think they will fall any lower than 5. 

Overall, I think there is a huge gap between the first three teams and the rest of conference.  And I'm with Sonofasailor...unless the new staff has acquired more athletes, the Bison will struggle with speed.     

Lions84

Clarendon had a good turn out for the Cedric Houston Football Camp last week!

Paperman

I THINK EARLE WILL BE REALLY GOOD. MUCH MORE TO THIS TEAM THAT MR. BOHANNON. I THINK THE BULLDOGS ARE A TOP SEVEN TEAM FOR SURE AND PROBABLY BETTER THAN THAT. THEY LOOKED REALLY GOOD IN TEAM CAMPS I WITNESSED THIS SUMMER.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas