• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Week 2 top 10

Started by Redzone, September 03, 2018, 02:51:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Redzone

top 10

CLASS 2A Rankings after week 1

1.Foreman
2.Mt.Ida
3.Junction City
4.Hazen
5.Des Arc
6.Mineral Springs
7.Conway Christian
8.Fordyce
9.Earle
0.Mountainburg

Mr. Trill

September 03, 2018, 04:53:49 pm #1 Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 04:56:27 pm by Mr. Trill
Smackover? After beating JC and Foreman? Them boys #1right now

i40traveler

Idc if Smackover wins 10 in a row they wont be in my 2a top 10

OLionSwag74

DnA Prostaff

Mt. Ida struggled early against Magazine.  Lots of turnovers and a small roster. Not sure they should be that high in the list.   Maybe they should be, but they sure don't sound like the same type of Mt. Ida team they have been the last couple of years.

M.I. D

Quote from: DnA Prostaff on September 03, 2018, 08:28:08 pm
Mt. Ida struggled early against Magazine.  Lots of turnovers and a small roster. Not sure they should be that high in the list.   Maybe they should be, but they sure don't sound like the same type of Mt. Ida team they have been the last couple of years.

Little history lesson. The 2016 Mount Ida Team had 6 or more turnovers against Jessieville. Looked really bad that night but improved every week. They went on to win a State Title. 33-0 and played poorly is a good win in anyone's book. This team has the ability to be very good. Not quantity but some good football players! They will get it lined out.

Eslim03

I can agree with the top 7 for sure but the last three may get debated. The foreman loss sure doesn't look as bad considering a player that scored 5 touchdowns didn't play against JC and the dragons also lost. Smack town has a good team and will be in the hunt for 3a. Give it a few weeks and these rankings will take shape.

DnA Prostaff

Quote from: M.I. D on September 03, 2018, 08:40:00 pm

Little history lesson. The 2016 Mount Ida Team had 6 or more turnovers against Jessieville. Looked really bad that night but improved every week. They went on to win a State Title. 33-0 and played poorly is a good win in anyone's book. This team has the ability to be very good. Not quantity but some good football players! They will get it lined out.

Thanks for the history, Not trying to ruffle feathers, just trying to be realistic.   Ida has a rich history and I understand first games being sloppy.  However, Magazine has been a whipping post for most teams in the 4-2a for a couple of years....   13-0 at the half with 5 fumbles, just a not a very good first impression....    You can't really argue with that.   

IdaLions

Mount Ida is going to be as good as they want to be. This year is all about how bad they want it. If they work hard and have the right attitude, there is no telling how good they could be, but if they decide to lay down and have bad attitudes, It'll be a long year for them.

DnA Prostaff

Quote from: IdaLions on September 04, 2018, 01:37:46 pm
Mount Ida is going to be as good as they want to be. This year is all about how bad they want it. If they work hard and have the right attitude, there is no telling how good they could be, but if they decide to lay down and have bad attitudes, It'll be a long year for them.

Probably a true statement for a lot of teams!  Good wisdom there for talented players.   All about the attitude, how bad do you want it?

I have seen some very talented teams/pllayers fall apart when faced with adversity and get beat.  On the flip side, I have seen some rag tag at best groups come together and give it all they had and beat some giants!

Bearden_Bear72

I don't really understand the logic behind fordyce being in the top ten.  Not saying Bearden should be at all but I think they are better then dyce

godgiven999

Gurdon is definitely in Top 10

Bearden_Bear72

Quote from: godgiven999 on September 04, 2018, 03:03:57 pm
Gurdon is definitely in Top 10

Why?  What's your logic behind that?

Gray lizard

I thought I heard on the radio MT Ida will be playing 8 man football next year.

godgiven999

My logic being that Gurdon, would beat half of top 10 listed. Gurdon is pretty heavy this season and has a lot of speed. They are back to looking like the  when Bearden and Gurdon played thrillers from 4 or 5 seasons ago, atleast defensively. Gurdon has roughly 40 players out this season and dosent have a player playing two ways. Gurdon controlled the LOS against Conway Christian in a scrimmage, "I know it's a scrimmage" but they were winning in the trenches. They remind me alot of Mccrory's state championship team from 4 or 5 years ago.
Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on September 04, 2018, 03:08:57 pm
Why?  What's your logic behind that?

Bearden_Bear72

Just not a lot to go off of considering Gurdon is coming off a 4 win season and only win this year is against a team that has won 4-5 games in past two-three years.  I hope Gurdon is going back strong, but as of rn they haven't proven enough to be in top ten.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: godgiven999 on September 04, 2018, 03:48:21 pm
My logic being that Gurdon, would beat half of top 10 listed. Gurdon is pretty heavy this season and has a lot of speed. They are back to looking like the  when Bearden and Gurdon played thrillers from 4 or 5 seasons ago, atleast defensively. Gurdon has roughly 40 players out this season and dosent have a player playing two ways. Gurdon controlled the LOS against Conway Christian in a scrimmage, "I know it's a scrimmage" but they were winning in the trenches. They remind me alot of Mccrory's state championship team from 4 or 5 years ago.

Conway Christians line is not good.

Bearden_Bear72

Quote from: Gray lizard on September 04, 2018, 03:25:17 pm
I thought I heard on the radio MT Ida will be playing 8 man football next year.

The will graduate nearly 15 athletes this year and I don't know if there team even has 30 players.  Great football tradition but just not numbers from my understanding

Bearden_Bear72

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 04, 2018, 03:58:40 pm

Conway Christians line is not good.
[/quote
both lines might be good.  I just don't go off of scrimmages personally because coaches hold a lot back. 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

bearbacker, im going off film from the bauxite game compared to how des arc did. I know, its a comparison and not head to head.

Bearden_Bear72

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 04, 2018, 04:05:51 pm
bearbacker, im going off film from the bauxite game compared to how des arc did. I know, its a comparison and not head to head.

That's a great comparison game!  Def made me believe in the eagles a lil more for the season with that close game.  For Gurdon thou a scrimmage against a good team W or L?  And a win over a terrible team is not basis to call yourself top ten

Mr. Trill

Testing your football knowledge  ;D

Backwoods Bart

Bearden will re-set the list after Friday night.   ;)

Prouddragondad

Just glad to see Mountainburg getting a little respect. 42 sports has them in their 10 ten also. Hopefully they can stay in the top 10 after Friday got a tough game.

Redzone

The next 5 for me would be Hector, England, Bearden, Gurdon, and maybe Hampton or Cross County, Magnet Cove??? Not sure about Hampton since they haven't really played yet and are forfeiting this week.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas