• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blayne Toll (Hazen)

Started by mr.gametime, March 30, 2018, 10:55:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mr.gametime

Sophomore QB Blayne Toll has picked up a D1 offer from Memphis.

southarkdaddy

Is it to play QB or defense?  I was impressed with how physical he was when we played them in Round 1 but wasn't much impressed with his QB skills.  He handed the ball off well I suppose.

Hornet68

April 02, 2018, 12:53:18 pm #2 Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 01:06:18 pm by Hornet68

playmaker04

Pretty sure he will probably be a TE

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: southarkdaddy on April 02, 2018, 09:41:45 am
Is it to play QB or defense?  I was impressed with how physical he was when we played them in Round 1 but wasn't much impressed with his QB skills.  He handed the ball off well I suppose.

I think it's as an athlete right now.

As for the playoff game, I'm not sure He was even 15 yet. Has has lots of time to improve.

jbtiger73

We had him at the Arkansas varsity camp last May. And he definitely had all eyes on him. But i definitely believe it will be at the TE or maybe a OLB position. But with very hard work, he definitely could develop into a very good QB prospect

southarkdaddy

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on April 02, 2018, 06:46:12 pm
I think it's as an athlete right now.

As for the playoff game, I'm not sure He was even 15 yet. Has has lots of time to improve.

Well in fairness to him, he mostly just handed off. 

Old Scrapper

Good Christian kid with a bright future.

HG Hornet

Yeah, he handed off a lot, but they had a very good running game and when the run game is clicking..........why pass it around?  #52 for Hazen was all over the place on both sides of the ball when they came to play us.  Somebody might take a look at him this year.  Hazen is a good young team and will be hard to handle in '18. 

CaptainSwarm25

Blayne will grow and can only get better. Kid's 15 and is about to be a junior in high school. Won't likely play QB but could be a very effective TE/DE on the college level. Kade Perry(#52), can and should go on to the next level in football. Very high motor and gives 100% effort. Played the whole year battling injury and will most definitely be the centerpiece of our defense next year.

mulerida

Watched him play at Harmony Grove. Big kid with tons of potential. Didn't throw it well that game

Hornet4ever

I've seen some stuff on this kid. Very bright future, and likely a huge help to Hazen. Very fortunate to have him.

mr.gametime

Update:  has picked up offers from Texas State, Rutgers, Southern Miss, Louisville, and Oklahoma State.

HG Hornet

mr.gametime

Update: as added offers from Kansas, TCU and Central Michigan

HorseFeathers

Quote from: mr.gametime on January 17, 2019, 05:46:06 pm
Update: as added offers from Kansas, TCU and Central Michigan

Lsu too

Coach95

Coach95

Hogs better get on the ball, most of those teams he's received offers from could beat the brakes off of them.

Coach95

mr.gametime

January 18, 2019, 03:36:17 pm #19 Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 01:50:23 pm by mr.gametime
Arkansas will offer him....i think right now they trying to figure out what Position will he play....they brought in a really good and deep class of D.E this year and have already offered two instate D.E for the class of 2020....has he been working and at T.E during football camps so far?

Hasbeen92

Quote from: mr.gametime on January 18, 2019, 03:36:17 pm
Arkansas will offer him....i think right now they trying to figure out what Position will he play....they brought in a really good and deep class of D.E this year and have already offered to instate D.E for the class of 2020....has he been working and at T.E during football camps so far?
I'm not sure Arkansas will offer we are deep at TE & DE I wish they would for personal reasons the Tennessee & LSU offers are big time

Pick_DA_EAGLES

mr.gametime

Is Arkansas recruiting him for T.E?

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: mr.gametime on January 21, 2019, 09:41:08 pm
Is Arkansas recruiting him for T.E?

Toll, 6-5, 235 pounds, had scholarship offers from LSU, Tennessee, Houston, Louisville, Oklahoma State, TCU, Memphis, Rutgers, Southern Mississippi and others before the Hogs extended one. He could play tight end or defensive end in Fayetteville.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on January 22, 2019, 06:34:29 am
Toll, 6-5, 235 pounds, had scholarship offers from LSU, Tennessee, Houston, Louisville, Oklahoma State, TCU, Memphis, Rutgers, Southern Mississippi and others before the Hogs extended one. He could play tight end or defensive end in Fayetteville.
He definitely could play T.E

Old Scrapper

I would like to see him at TE but wouldn't be surprised if at some point he doesn't get moved into a tackle or Guard.

mr.gametime

Quote from: Old Scrapper on January 22, 2019, 09:47:59 am
I would like to see him at TE but wouldn't be surprised if at some point he doesn't get moved into a tackle or Guard.

He would have to put on about 50lbs

Da Truff

How fast is he?  His speed will probably determine where he plays.

i40traveler

Quote from: Da Truff on January 22, 2019, 10:45:02 am
How fast is he?  His speed will probably determine where he plays.

4.8 Range

Lions84

Glad to see the Hogs beating the bushes in the Delta.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: Lions84 on January 22, 2019, 11:11:17 am
yeah me too they've got to beat every bush they can to get the best players

Coach95

Hasbeen92

He's from the prairie

Sonofasonofasailor

Beating the bushes in the delta is finding a hidden prospect like Petrus back when.  This guy has been high priority for a lot of teams so big difference.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on January 22, 2019, 08:46:18 pm
Beating the bushes in the delta is finding a hidden prospect like Petrus back when.  This guy has been high priority for a lot of teams so big difference.

Kind of what I was thinking.

Lions84

The Eastern half of the State from Blytheville to Lonoke to  Junction City got a ton of talent that gets missed.

Sonofasonofasailor

January 23, 2019, 10:22:26 am #36 Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 10:25:24 am by Sonofasonofasailor
Quote from: Lions84 on January 23, 2019, 08:56:56 am
The Eastern half of the State from Blytheville to Lonoke to  Junction City got a ton of talent that gets missed.

Going back 20 years or so, I recall your two Clarendon guys playing at Tennessee and Arkansas, Williams from Wynne at Memphis and Petrus from Carlisle along with Pryor and Bradley from Barton playing for the Hogs. In the recent past, JC has had three guys go to Fayetteville.  Everyone except LA Tech missed on the guy from Strong but for the most part, the bigger colleges have identified and recruited the talented players in the smaller schools.

mr.gametime

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on January 23, 2019, 10:22:26 am
Going back 20 years or so, I recall your two Clarendon guys playing at Tennessee and Arkansas, Williams from Wynne at Memphis and Petrus from Carlisle along with Pryor and Bradley from Barton playing for the Hogs. In the recent past, JC has had three guys go to Fayetteville.  Everyone except LA Tech missed on the guy from Strong but for the most part, the bigger colleges have identified and recruited the talented players in the smaller schools.

Bearden had a couple also Lowe went to Arkansas and Collins Oklahoma State.

old.dole

Owens went to A-State from Bearden. 2005 graduate

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Lions84 on January 23, 2019, 08:56:56 am
Grades get a lot of them.

GotInfo?

Heard is was adopted.  Anyone know? 

i40traveler

He was actually raised the jungle until he was 13. 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

January 25, 2019, 11:03:25 am #42 Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 11:05:00 am by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: GotInfo? on January 25, 2019, 10:41:16 am
Heard is was adopted.  Anyone know?

what does "heard is was adopted" mean?

what in the world would that matter?  as long as his parents love him and raise him to be a respectful man (which he is, known him since he was a wee little one).

GotInfo?

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on January 25, 2019, 11:03:25 am

what in the world would that matter?  as long as his parents love him and raise him to be a respectful man (which he is, known him since he was a wee little one).
For full disclosure, I played college ball against a Phillip Toll.  I asked someone the other day if Blayne was his son because the kid looks alot like him.  Person didn't know, but said they thought he was adopted.  Glad the kid is having success.  Always thought Phillip could have played at a higher level than UCA

Pick_DA_EAGLES

his dads name is George Toll

HorseFeathers

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on January 25, 2019, 11:03:25 am

You know....if he is adopted and didn't know, can you imagine finding out that nees from Joe "behind the screen" blow on FF ?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 25, 2019, 09:20:55 pm
You know....if he is adopted and didn't know, can you imagine finding out that nees from Joe "behind the screen" blow on FF ?

All I know is he has a a great mom and dad. They are good people.

i40traveler

Chad Morris visited the Hazen coaches today per twitter

BlueCrew4U

Really hope to seem him in a Razorback uniform!!!!

bleudog

Quote from: mr.gametime on June 07, 2018, 10:35:22 pm
Update:  has picked up offers from Texas State, Rutgers, Southern Miss, Louisville, and Oklahoma State.

"In what is believed to be a first for a college program, Louisville hit the 400-offer mark in 2017........"

"Tennessee and Syracuse each distributed more than 440 offers this cycle, which is believed by industry experts to be a record. The Volunteers lead all major college programs in offers over this eight-year stretch (328 per year), followed by Louisville (323), Kentucky (291), Ole Miss (290) and Illinois (283). Rounding out the top 10 are Mississippi State (278), Nebraska (270), Indiana (268), Syracuse (254) and West Virginia (251)."

https://www.si.com/college-football/2019/02/05/uncommittable-offers-recruiting-national-signing-day

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas