• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

can't believe the JC posters haven't taken this board back over...

Started by Rida4Life, March 08, 2018, 10:29:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rida4Life

where ya'll at Dragons.....
figured you would be telling us just how dominant you will be back in AA.... 8)

......and you probably will be... but I've been surprised at the lack of trash talk so far.

The_Wesson_Blessin

mr.gametime

Dr. Defense

HorseFeathers

They ought to be dominant when they have 3 counties, 2 states and 2 high schools to draw from.....

.....that may be a little to much bait on the hook

Rida4Life

Quote from: HorseFeathers on March 09, 2018, 09:02:01 am
They ought to be dominant when they have 3 counties, 2 states and 2 high schools to draw from.....

That qualifies as an awesome post, my friend!!!!!

WorkOrder

southarkdaddy

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: southarkdaddy on March 12, 2018, 11:33:49 am
Suddenlink cut their area down.  No internet in Junction
Nah, spending all their time on social media crootin.

bleudog

Quote from: Rida4Life on March 08, 2018, 10:29:16 am
where ya'll at Dragons.....
figured you would be telling us just how dominant you will be back in AA.... 8)

......and you probably will be... but I've been surprised at the lack of trash talk so far.

Hopefully this pattern resumes:

10/20/06   68   -     8
10/19/07   68   -     0
11/05/10   56   -   26
11/04/11   42   -   13
10/19/12   62   -   12
10/25/13   49   -     0
10/10/14   73   -     0
10/09/15   48   -     7
              466        66
                58.25     8.25

;D

eldofan

dragondad

It's actually one county, two parishes, and three high schools..... but who's counting.

Proud Buckaroo

cuz

Now now HF....😉

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: dragondad on April 27, 2018, 06:42:16 am
It's actually one county, two parishes, and three high schools..... but who's counting.
Lol +1

ISU7

That really doesn't make a difference, their last two losses have been too RiverCrest 8)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ISU7 on May 28, 2018, 04:39:05 am
That really doesn't make a difference, their last two losses have been too RiverCrest 8)

Well they were playing a 4a School 🤷

bleudog

Quote from: ISU7 on May 28, 2018, 04:39:05 am

Yep.

Here's the book on what a 2A school did in its two years in 3A:

09/02/16   at Bearden   W      27   -   6
09/09/16   England      L   26   -   31
09/16/16   at LA-Haynesville      L   26   -   30

09/23/16   at McGehee   W      29   -   19
09/30/16   Genoa Central   W      46   -   10
10/07/16   at Fouke   W      18   -   0
10/14/16   Lake Village   W      41   -   18
10/21/16   at Smackover   W      17   -   14
10/28/16   Fordyce      L   13   -   26
11/03/16   at Drew Central   W      55   -   6
11/11/16   vs. Manila   W      38   -   20
11/18/16   vs. Rivercrest      L   13   -   14 second round

09/01/17   Bearden   W      50   -   26
09/08/17   at England   W      50   -   0
09/15/17   LA-Haynesville   W      48   -   20
09/22/17   McGehee   W      64   -   38
09/29/17   at Genoa Central   W      54   -   14
10/06/17   Fouke   W      50   -   0
10/13/17   at Lake Village   W      36   -   24
10/20/17   Smackover   W      36   -   14
10/27/17   at Fordyce   W      50   -   14
11/02/17   Drew Central   W      60   -   6
11/17/17   vs. Harding Academy   W      31   -   30
11/24/17   vs. Clinton   W      50   -   43
12/01/17   vs. Osceola   W      44   -   38
12/08/17   Rivercrest      L   14   -   48 state championship

Two year W-L:  21-5 (80.8%)   
Two year point totals:  986-509

ISU7

Quote from: HorseFeathers on May 31, 2018, 03:01:12 pm
Didnt they know it was a 3A championship game, lol everyone has excuses when their team lose. Im quit sure JC knew who they were playing being they were the ones who run through read Next stop jewelry shop. lol

HorseFeathers

Excuses? I was at the game and enjoyed seeing J.C get thumped. They've always been the big fish in a small pond...

Coltfan2005

Quote from: HorseFeathers on May 31, 2018, 03:01:12 pm

11 players for each side playing, even though it seemed JC was outnumbered. JC dressed more players for the game than Rivercrest. JC got a thumpin to send them back to 2AA. Quick question...who is the only team JC has NEVER beaten and that sent them home two years in a row? :)

bleudog

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on June 03, 2018, 08:46:20 pm
...............Quick question...who is the only team JC has NEVER beaten and that sent them home two years in a row? :)

I think it was Riverview, Riverside, Riverbank......one of those River something schools.   ;D

But if U$C doesn't fit your criteria, they came close.  The night the lights went out in Junction (the Malzhan/Godfrey game) was '99 and the Dragons went up to their place either the next year or the year after and lost again.  I think that's the only two times they've played. 

I know JC has wins over Harding (2005 @ HA and 2017 @ JC at least) and I think the Dragons have a win over Charleston somewhere since the Carpenter era got rolling.  I know Charleston eliminated the Dragons in the semi-finals the week after the 2005 Harding game (dang that Carmona kid could kick) but Charleston moved up to 3A the next year and JC went back to WMS in 2006, losing a one point game to Jessieville.  JC had eliminated Jessieville the year before.

Some of the number of games in some series are skewed a little on the small side (and some of those outcomes were close enough that it wouldn't have taken much to have them have gone the other way).  I do applaud teams like Rison (when they weren't sharing a conference), Earle, England, Haynesville and Farmerville.  It can be hard finding playoff quality teams that will agree to OOC games in the Border Town.  Part of that is travel logistics and part of it are reasons coaches don't like to see as quotes in the local paper.  Anything can happen in a playoff game and to determine a true trend, it takes more than a couple of games.

amehr36

THA TRUTH

Quote from: bleudog on June 04, 2018, 08:44:24 am
I think it was Riverview, Riverside, Riverbank......one of those River something schools.   ;D

But if U$C doesn't fit your criteria, they came close.  The night the lights went out in Junction (the Malzhan/Godfrey game) was '99 and the Dragons went up to their place either the next year or the year after and lost again.  I think that's the only two times they've played. 

I know JC has wins over Harding (2005 @ HA and 2017 @ JC at least) and I think the Dragons have a win over Charleston somewhere since the Carpenter era got rolling.  I know Charleston eliminated the Dragons in the semi-finals the week after the 2005 Harding game (dang that Carmona kid could kick) but Charleston moved up to 3A the next year and JC went back to WMS in 2006, losing a one point game to Jessieville.  JC had eliminated Jessieville the year before.

Some of the number of games in some series are skewed a little on the small side (and some of those outcomes were close enough that it wouldn't have taken much to have them have gone the other way).  I do applaud teams like Rison (when they weren't sharing a conference), Earle, England, Haynesville and Farmerville.  It can be hard finding playoff quality teams that will agree to OOC games in the Border Town.  Part of that is travel logistics and part of it are reasons coaches don't like to see as quotes in the local paper.  Anything can happen in a playoff game and to determine a true trend, it takes more than a couple of games.

Can't say I applaud Rison.... they coulda played Jc many more times but wouldn't unless totty knew they had the upper hand

thabeast428

Jc does have 2 opens they want to fill... Maybe Rivercrest has a open one of them two dates week 6 and 9 I believe

MT Legend

They are not as talented now days. They didn't use to get beat 48-14 in championship games. That's what happens when you play against schools that can fight back. You get exposed for how weak you really are.

bleudog

Quote from: MT Legend on July 07, 2018, 11:17:03 am
They are not as talented now days. They didn't use to get beat 48-14 in championship games. That's what happens when you play against schools that can fight back. You get exposed for how weak you really are.

A 2A team playing in a 3A championship game with a first year coach. 

Maybe with some luck they can use that as something to build on.  ::)

MT Legend

Quote from: bleudog on July 07, 2018, 01:21:22 pm
A 2A team playing in a 3A championship game with a first year coach. 

Maybe with some luck they can use that as something to build on.  ::)
yeah but they was clearly no match for Rivercrest. As in there 2A days they beat up on weaker competition. Got in the ring with a real contender and got KO'D in the 1st Round lol. Can't hang with the REAL Blue Bloods of Arkansas High School Football. Yet anyways.

MT Legend

And another thing is you all may want to thank your lucky stars for the draw you got lol.HA was down last season you only beat them by 1.Clinton was very young and took you to task. Osceola is just now learning how to win again and led you 30-8 at one point. You got took to task by 3 teams that we're A not them usual selfs B young and c learning how to win again. Then you got in the ring with Rivercrest and got embarrassed lol. Set down pretenders.

bleudog

Quote from: MT Legend on July 07, 2018, 01:39:10 pm
And another thing is you all may want to thank your lucky stars for the draw you got lol.HA was down last season you only beat them by 1.Clinton was very young and took you to task. Osceola is just now learning how to win again and led you 30-8 at one point. You got took to task by 3 teams that we're A not them usual selfs B young and c learning how to win again. Then you got in the ring with Rivercrest and got embarrassed lol. Set down pretenders.

Yep, JC may never win another game.   :'(

But they'll probably keep last year's 3A state runner-up trophy (in the picture). 

It's in the case with the 2A state runner-up trophy and the six 2A state championship trophies. 

Lumberjackfan1978

ISU7

Quote from: MT Legend on July 07, 2018, 01:39:10 pm
JC was up 30-8 not Osc

ISU7

Quote from: thabeast428 on June 08, 2018, 11:07:45 am
Jc does have 2 opens they want to fill... Maybe Rivercrest has a open one of them two dates week 6 and 9 I believe
Naw we rather play a 5A school if we lose we wont complain lol

MT Legend

Quote from: ISU7 on July 09, 2018, 02:55:20 am
JC was up 30-8 not Osc
then that's even worse lol. Heard it was the other way around thanks for the correction.

bleudog

Quote from: ISU7 on July 09, 2018, 02:57:31 am
Naw we rather play a 5A school if we lose we wont complain lol

Win by a little, win by a lot, lose by a little, lose by a lot - some nights you're the windshield, some nights you're the bug.

7 it's all good, MT just doesn't seem to be able to get past a 6 year old, 42-0 first round playoff loss.

MT Legend

Quote from: bleudog on July 09, 2018, 08:35:52 am
Win by a little, win by a lot, lose by a little, lose by a lot.  Some night's you're the windshield, some night's you're the bug.

7 it's all good, MT just doesn't seem to be able to get past a 6 year old, 42-0 first round playoff loss.
how do you figure that? I'm in Denver Colorado lol I didn't even know we played y'all during your run through the 2A. Besides that just proves my point of you running through weaker competition. MT has never been known for its football and probably never will be. So you thumping your chest about beating MT is pretty hilarious.

bleudog

Quote from: MT Legend on July 09, 2018, 08:47:34 am
......I'm in Denver Colorado......

Go easy on brownies.  ;D

MT Legend

Quote from: bleudog on July 09, 2018, 08:51:31 am
Go easy on brownies.  ;D
yall beat a basketball school by 42. However when you played one of NEA football schools you lost by 34. Beating MT proves nothing lol. Beating Rivercrest on the other hand now that can get you somewhere.MT not so much.

dragondad

Yep, beating MT means about as much as the trash talk from an MT fan boy.  ;D

MT Legend

Quote from: dragondad on July 09, 2018, 10:08:32 am
Yep, beating MT means about as much as the trash talk from an MT fan boy.  ;D
exactly, lol finally someone gets it. Thanks sir

bleudog

Quote from: MT Legend on July 09, 2018, 09:40:14 am
yall beat a basketball school by 42. However when you played one of NEA football schools you lost by 34. Beating MT proves nothing lol. Beating Rivercrest on the other hand now that can get you somewhere.MT not so much.

Lost by 34 in the last game of the season at WMS last year.  Lost by 1 point in the last minutes of the playoff game at their place the year before.  I still say that's not too bad for a team classified in error by the AAA.  (no excuse there 7, just how it was)

You win some you lose some.  Over 20 years (and counting), JC has managed to win a "few" games against some "good" teams. ;)  Hopefully, they'll win a few more.

bleudog

Quote from: MT Legend on July 09, 2018, 08:47:34 am
.......So you thumping your chest about beating MT is pretty hilarious.

I'll type slower, there's no chest thumping, just 1 out of 219 over the last 20 years. 

Where is Marked Tree anyway?

dragondad

Quote from: bleudog on July 09, 2018, 11:09:55 am
I'll type slower, there's no chest thumping, just 1 out of 219 over the last 20 years. 

I thought that's what my dog does when I let him run loose.

MT Legend

Quote from: bleudog on July 09, 2018, 11:09:55 am

why else would you point out a MT score from 6 years ago? Lol I don't need to be reminded that MT football is not very good. It's always been not very good.what your point if your not thumping your chest? Your not telling me something I didn't already know.so therefore you was thumping your chest. And looking like a fool in the process.

About 15-20 miles from 48-14 I meant Wilson sorry.😀

bleudog

Quote from: MT Legend on July 09, 2018, 11:42:27 am
why else would you point out a MT score from 6 years ago? Lol I don't need to be reminded that MT football is not very good. It's always been not very good.what your point if your not thumping your chest? Your not telling me something I didn't already know.so therefore you was thumping your chest. And looking like a fool in the process.

About 15-20 miles from 48-14 I meant Wilson sorry.😀

You really need to lay off those Colorado brownies.

I'll type even slower, you wouldn't be the first FF newb to jump in a JC thread like they wanted to drive the hater bus and somewhere in their school's history is a game against JC that ended with a mercy rule and/or shutout.  ::)

I was at the 48-14 game and that was at WMS in December.  If you're saying Marked Tree is near Wilson, have you got a point of reference a little less "local" to go on than that?   

MT Legend

Quote from: bleudog on July 09, 2018, 02:08:51 pm
You really need to lay off those Colorado brownies.

I'll type even slower, you wouldn't be the first FF newb to jump in a JC thread like they wanted to drive the hater bus and somewhere in their school's history is a game against JC that ended with a mercy rule and/or shutout.  ::)

I was at the 48-14 game and that was at WMS in December.  If you're saying Marked Tree is near Wilson, have you got a point of reference a little less "local" to go on than that?
so stating facts is hating on JC? I could careless if you played and beat MT lol. Everyone has played and beat MT. Nothing new there.

Na Rivercrest took care of y'all for us. Big Brother got our revenge it took him 6 years to catch up with you. But when he found you he crushed you. Don't mess with big bad Rivercrest. They a whole nother animal then MT. MT is beneath JC and JC is beneath Rivercrest.

MT Legend

Quote from: bleudog on July 09, 2018, 10:28:08 am
Lost by 34 in the last game of the season at WMS last year.  Lost by 1 point in the last minutes of the playoff game at their place the year before.  I still say that's not too bad for a team classified in error by the AAA.  (no excuse there 7, just how it was)

You win some you lose some.  Over 20 years (and counting), JC has managed to win a "few" games against some "good" teams. ;)  Hopefully, they'll win a few more.
good teams? I must of missed those in my study of your 2A days. If you played good competition the scoreboard would show it. Sorry bullying very bad... teams is not impressive at all.it was good to see Rivercrest give you a dose of your own medicine.Thanks Colts from all those poor teams that couldn't fight back against them bully's.

THA TRUTH

dragondad

Quote from: THA TRUTH on July 10, 2018, 09:26:49 am
Lol another victim trying to get a rise out of us

Likely just a nobody trying to be a somebody.... well send it some crayons and hope it finds a safe space.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas