• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boys final four prediction

Started by LRRandy, February 26, 2018, 10:19:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LRRandy

February 26, 2018, 10:19:48 am Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 10:47:33 am by LRRandy
Alright. Who you got? Post your final four prediction.

Mine:

Batesville SS

Westside

Pottsville

Baptist Prep

Please keep atheistic recruiting damnation comments in the other thread. Wowza

Gray lizard

LRRandy

Gray lizard

ThiefOfDiamonds8

Quote from: LRRandy on February 26, 2018, 10:19:48 am

Mine:

Batesville SS

Warren

Pottsville

Baptist Prep

Warren (2S) and Pottsville (1N) are on the same part of the bracket.

Gray lizard

LRRandy

Quote from: ThiefOfDiamonds8 on February 26, 2018, 10:34:30 am
Warren (2S) and Pottsville (1N) are on the same part of the bracket.
oh. The bracket I pulled off a site has Warren as S1. Looks like I need to find the right bracket.

LRRandy

Quote from: LRRandy on February 26, 2018, 10:44:13 am
oh. The bracket I pulled off a site has Warren as S1. Looks like I need to find the right bracket.
yeah, I had wrong information. Thanks for the heads up. I amended my picks.

LRRandy

ThiefOfDiamonds8

Honestly, I don't follow a whole lot of basketball, but I just want to know everyone's opinion on this...

Do you think getting the bye in the state tournament helps a lot, hurts, or neutral? Does having that extra day off help save legs or does it allow hot teams heading into the tournament a time to cool off some?

I could see it going either way here.

LRRandy

LRRandy

Quote from: ThiefOfDiamonds8 on February 26, 2018, 10:51:38 am
Honestly, I don't follow a whole lot of basketball, but I just want to know everyone's opinion on this...

Do you think getting the bye in the state tournament helps a lot, hurts, or neutral? Does having that extra day off help save legs or does it allow hot teams heading into the tournament a time to cool off some?

I could see it going either way here.
I think the number one reason the bye helps is its one less chance for someone to beat you.

ThiefOfDiamonds8

Quote from: LRRandy on February 26, 2018, 10:54:48 am
I think the number one reason the bye helps is its one less chance for someone to beat you.

Definitely

AirWarren

Mine:

Batesville SS

Westside

Pottsville

Baptist Prep

Warren needs to freshen up that basketball trophy case. Been since the 20s or 30s hahaha.

Gray lizard

Livewire

Southside
Westside
Pottsville
Baptist Prep

I left Southside out when picking top 12 before district tournaments . Having now had the opportunity to watch the play a few times I see they are legit!
Going to be a really fun tournament with any of these teams capable of winning .

BigGuy22

It's not because I'm biased against Baptist Prep but I just don't see them going all the way to the final 4. I think if any team can just lock down Mcbride it should be a pretty simple task since they don't have 7'3" in the paint.

Nomad1324

Mine:

Batesville SS

Westside

Pottsville

Baptist Prep

You ain't lyin....tough read.

Jimbo Morphis

February 26, 2018, 02:04:18 pm #19 Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 06:19:47 am by Oldman

Mine:

Batesville SS

Westside

Pottsville

Baptist Prep

Man I hate I didn't see that thread until it was locked.

Charlie1001

SS, WS, Pottsville and BP are on another level than anyone else in 4A.  It's hard for me to pick the winner of this field of four.

Bbal789

Mine:

Batesville SS

Westside

Pottsville

Baptist Prep

Haha thanks for mentioning that recruiting crap. Kind of sick of seeing it

LRRandy

Quote from: BigGuy22 on February 26, 2018, 01:30:46 pm
It's not because I'm biased against Baptist Prep but I just don't see them going all the way to the final 4. I think if any team can just lock down Mcbride it should be a pretty simple task since they don't have 7'3" in the paint.
that's a fair enough assumption. I think as a team against the teams left in the field, Baptist Prep can win another title. Saying that you are going to lock Isaac down and doing it are two different things. The few games that he has been held well below his average were early in the year and the team has evolved since then. Saturday when the shots were not falling I have written off as percentages catching up ( he still had a great game). He made the first 14 shots he took in regionals over two games and neither  I nor anyone  else thinks he will make every shot. A few shots that were put up by other Baptist Prep players were timid and really had no chance to go in. ( although not Javion, he played strong) The boys that took those shots are good shooters and good players that will need to come out with confidence and shoot like they know how to shoot it, because they do.  If they don't, there very well could be a new state champion.

I thought it was interesting. The last two games against BSS the boys have faced a challenge not unlike the challenge that Baptist Prep posed to other teams the last three years. A large (or two large) rim protectors that allowed the other defenders the luxury of having the lane being covered behind them.

It should be a fun state tournament.

J12

Rumor has it that they're bringing the state championship trophy to brookland and will just give it to Baptist Prep without playing any games.

Gray lizard

Quote from: J12 on February 26, 2018, 04:08:58 pm
Rumor has it that they're bringing the state championship trophy to brookland and will just give it to Baptist Prep without playing any games.

Well thanks for that information.  It will save me motel and gas money.  You think they would let me pitch a tent on the football field if I come to watch anyway?

LRRandy

Quote from: J12 on February 26, 2018, 04:08:58 pm
well they should.

J12

Quote from: Gray lizard on February 26, 2018, 04:11:59 pm
Well thanks for that information.  It will save me motel and gas money.  You think they would let me pitch a tent on the football field if I come to watch anyway?

I'd call and ask

J12

LRRandy

February 26, 2018, 04:45:30 pm #28 Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 05:06:54 pm by LRRandy
Quote from: J12 on February 26, 2018, 04:27:18 pm
Well unless they give it to Southside instead.
now why would they want to do that. ( that felt good for you to say that didn't it)

J12

Quote from: LRRandy on February 26, 2018, 04:45:30 pm
now why would they want to do that. ( that felt good for you to say that didn't it)

Yes

LRRandy

Quote from: J12 on February 26, 2018, 06:07:47 pm
Yes
:) and that's the joy and fun of jousting on the Internet. Salute.

SUGARTOWN

I would say it looks pretty good for the 2-4A to get their 3 consecutive title with Southside and BP on opposite sides of the bracket.

And if they get 3, they may get 4 straight next year.

Bbal789

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on February 28, 2018, 08:15:48 am
I would say it looks pretty good for the 2-4A to get their 3 consecutive title with Southside and BP on opposite sides of the bracket.

Hold on they haven't won anything yet.

LRRandy

Not many prognosticators in the group. Of those that made predictions the same four teams were picked to be the final four. What team has the best chance to knock one of these teams out? Who is a dark horse to make the final four beyond the four teams getting a bye? Just wondered what team might rise up and surprise.

LRRandy

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on February 28, 2018, 08:15:48 am

Baptist Prep came out of the 4-4a when it won the state championship two years ago.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: LRRandy on February 28, 2018, 10:30:21 am
Baptist Prep came out of the 4-4a when it won the state championship two years ago.

Ah yes, that's correct. I'll amend my statement to possibly 3 years in a row next year as LR Mills moves in to the conference.

3shooter

Quote from: LRRandy on February 28, 2018, 10:19:00 am
Not many prognosticators in the group. Of those that made predictions the same four teams were picked to be the final four. What team has the best chance to knock one of these teams out? Who is a dark horse to make the final four beyond the four teams getting a bye? Just wondered what team might rise up and surprise.
You guys took down the one guy that went against the grain.

think

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on February 28, 2018, 12:43:52 pm

Ah yes, that's correct. I'll amend my statement to possibly 3 years in a row next year as LR Mills moves in to the conference.

Wait, Mills is moving to 4A next year? They would run through 4A this year.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: think on February 28, 2018, 05:25:41 pm
Wait, Mills is moving to 4A next year? They would run through 4A this year.

Yep, I guess technically it will be the 4A-5, this is for every sport besides football:

Forrest City
Joe T. Robinson
John L. McClellan
Lonoke
Pulaski Academy
Stuttgart
Wilbur Mills
Wynne
e-Stem

3 Dollar

Pea Ridge
                      Pea Ridge
Bauxite
                                            Pottsville
Pottsville
                     Pottsville
Berryville

LRRandy

Quote from: 3 Dollar on March 01, 2018, 07:07:26 am
Pea Ridge
                      Pea Ridge
Bauxite
                                            Pottsville
Pottsville
                     Pottsville
Berryville
wouldn't that be something. It would show that the east region is really just a paper lion and actually having 4 of the final 8 teams left in the state was just an illusion. Or not.

Gray lizard

Quote from: 3 Dollar on March 01, 2018, 07:07:26 am
Pea Ridge
                      Pea Ridge
Bauxite
                                            Pottsville
Pottsville
                     Pottsville
Berryville
I like that, but just do not see it.  That sure makes the North look strong.

J12

Quote from: Gray lizard on March 01, 2018, 08:06:50 am
I like that, but just do not see it.  That sure makes the North look strong.

Not sure if this was for the boys side but oh well 😂. The East has punched 2 tickets to Saturday. Looking for a sweep tomorrow.

PASS

Quote from: BigGuy22 on February 26, 2018, 01:30:46 pm
You nailed it!!!!

beach bum

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on February 28, 2018, 08:19:18 pm
Yep, I guess technically it will be the 4A-5, this is for every sport besides football:

Forrest City
Joe T. Robinson
John L. McClellan
Lonoke
Pulaski Academy
Stuttgart
Wilbur Mills
Wynne
e-Stem

Yikes... If you want to see some quality, up and down exciting basketball that will be the conference to do so.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas