• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A-3 District scores

Started by RedWolf275, February 12, 2018, 05:16:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RedWolf275

Girls
Riverside beat Piggott 88-23

Radiotalker

Quote from: RedWolf275 on February 12, 2018, 05:16:06 pm
Girls
Riverside beat Piggott 88-23

wow, and Riverside fans complained when they thought Rivercrest was running up the score

501Arkansas

I'm a little late last score I have for Osceola vs Hoxie was 57-17 halftime

501Arkansas

RedWolf275

brookland bearcat

Quote from: Radiotalker on February 12, 2018, 06:33:06 pm
wow, and Riverside fans complained when they thought Rivercrest was running up the score
9th and 10th graders played entire second half

BoxNOne

That's true but I'm not a big fan of pressing a team I know I'm going to crush by 30-40 not pressing.

ISU7

Lol +1

ISU7

ChokeNPoke

I hope you're not referring to last weeks game...

501Arkansas

501Arkansas

Today games are

BOYS:

2W Walnut Ridge vs 3E Rivercrest at 530. Winner plays Osceola Thursday February 15th at 5:30

2E Manila vs 3W Piggott at 8:30. Winner plays Corning Thursday February 15th at 8:30.

Girls:
2W Corning vs 3E Manila at 7. Winner plays Riverside Thursday February 15th at 4:00

2E Rivercrest vs 3W Walnut Ridge at 4:00. Winner plays Hoxie Thursday February 15th at 7:00.

BoxNOne

Last night
Girls Hoxie 80 Osceola 31

Boys Corning 69 Riverside 45

teh29

Anyone have scores for tonight?

501Arkansas

BOYS

Rivercrest beats Walnut Ridge 79 to 64. Will play Osceola  Thursday at 5:30

Head Lion

Manila 37 Piggott 22 at half

ISU7

February 13, 2018, 09:26:03 pm #16 Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 09:29:39 pm by ISU7
Rivercrest girls defeated Walnut Ridge i forgot the score. Colts & Lady Colts qualify for next week regionals at Melbourne.

ISU7

Quote from: Head Lion on February 13, 2018, 09:13:01 pm
Manila 37 Piggott 22 at half
What was the outcome of the Lady Lions vs Corning?

baller334

Sounds like the Lions still struggling. Piggot is HORRIBLE!!

Head Lion

Quote from: ISU7 on February 13, 2018, 09:30:53 pm
What was the outcome of the Lady Lions vs Corning?
Took it on the chin, the jaw, the forehead or however you want to call it pretty bad.

BoxNOne

Final scores from yesterday not shown above
Girls Rivercrest 61 Walnut Ridge 49
       Corning 82 Manila 46  (Corning hit 19 3's)
Boys Manila 77 Piggott 56

football king

Watch out for corning girls just saying

BoxNOne

Quote from: football king on February 14, 2018, 09:02:31 am
Watch out for corning girls just saying

We will see about Corning girls tomorrow at 4:00 when they face Riverside.

RedWolf275

Thursday games

4:00 Girls Riverside vs Corning
5:30 Boys Osceola vs Rivercrest
7:00 Girls Hoxie vs Rivercrest
8:30 Boys Corning vs Manila

NEABBALLFAN03

Any thoughts on Corning vs. Manila round 3?

501Arkansas

Quote from: NEABBALLFAN03 on February 14, 2018, 11:36:08 am
Any thoughts on Corning vs. Manila round 3?
I think corning going to beat them by at least 5

Missco

Corning will not beat Manila.

football king

its hard to beat a team three times

RedWolf275

baller334

I don't think they will beat Manila but I will say this. By the looks of the Lions the last few weeks it appears they are not in sync with each other. I wouldn't b surprised if Corning does best them but I would have to go with the Lions.

NEABBALLFAN03

I think Manila will win but it will be close.  Both wins have been blowouts but they will have to figure this team sport out or it will be an early exit for the Lions this postseason.

ISU7

RiverCrest & Corning gets both girls and boys teams in regionals  8)👍💯

Head Lion

I went up and put the bucks through an old time Bill Tyer practice, expect to see a refocused and team with a sense of urgency tomorrow night.

NEABBALLFAN03

I hope your right HL.  I would like to see these boys succeed.

501Arkansas

Quote from: RedWolf275 on February 14, 2018, 10:58:33 am
Thursday games

4:00 Girls Riverside vs Corning
5:30 Boys Osceola vs Rivercrest
7:00 Girls Hoxie vs Rivercrest
8:30 Boys Corning vs Manila
Today games. Good luck

RedWolf275

I think all games today will be double digit games! JMO.

501Arkansas

YSpanther

Quote from: RedWolf275 on February 15, 2018, 08:17:20 am
I think all games today will be double digit games! JMO.
Who is the double digit winner Corning/Manila?  Coming from the 1-East, I can look at records but don't have a feel for a big difference between those two.

RedWolf275

February 15, 2018, 10:06:44 am #38 Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 10:09:23 am by RedWolf275
Manila is my pick. Not a blowout, just 10+. Manila has played a much tougher schedule.

bobcats

Quote from: YSpanther on February 15, 2018, 10:00:46 am
Who is the double digit winner Corning/Manila?  Coming from the 1-East, I can look at records but don't have a feel for a big difference between those two.

Manila plays in the toughest blended conference, Corning plays in what may be the weakest.  Plus Manila has already beat Corning easily twice.  I can promise you, Yellville does not want Manila in the first round of regionals.

Head Lion

I looked at Cornings schedule. I didn't see any Springdale Har Ber, Memphis Raleigh Egypt, Westside twice, Brookland twice, Osceola twice??? We look forward to the challenge next week, we have played the toughest schedule in our schools history and I just got this feeling we are pretty much prepared for anything.

baller334

I don't think there is denying Manila is the better team by a long shot!! The thing I'm seeing and this is just from an outsider looking in is it looks like the team as a whole has something going on. As we all know if you are not clicking on the same cylinders this time of year anything can happen!!

YSpanther

Quote from: Head Lion on February 15, 2018, 11:04:01 am
I looked at Cornings schedule. I didn't see any Springdale Har Ber, Memphis Raleigh Egypt, Westside twice, Brookland twice, Osceola twice??? We look forward to the challenge next week, we have played the toughest schedule in our schools history and I just got this feeling we are pretty much prepared for anything.
Quote from: bobcats on February 15, 2018, 10:57:29 am
Manila plays in the toughest blended conference, Corning plays in what may be the weakest.  Plus Manila has already beat Corning easily twice.  I can promise you, Yellville does not want Manila in the first round of regionals.
That's what I wanted to know.  I didn't have the time to truly investigate the whole schedule for each one, just a cursory look at the overall records.  Much like in our blended region, who you play in the blended ones makes a big difference.  I just saw the Piggott score with Manila and it wasn't the kind of margin I would've expected with Piggott's record, and with not having seen any of these teams this year, I was just curious, not trying to diss anyone.

And Yellville has been playing much better as a team the last month.  They beat Marshall quite handily the last time out and have handled every team since their hard to explain loss by 3 to Huntsville on the road in mid January.  We had a few out sick, but not starters.  I am far from guaranteeing a victory, but if they play like they are capable of tonight, do not be surprised if they pull out a close victory over Valley Springs tonight.  And being the 1 or 2 seed is obviously the way to go in facing the 3 district. But I guarantee if Valley were to fall to the 3 seed, I think that game between a Manila and Valley Springs would be more competitive than some may think, or even a Yellville-Manila matchup.

But what always seems to happen every district, every year is a good team seems to come out without their game face on and gets a little upset and ends up being a lower seed, and then the higher seed from the other district gets a really tough game the first round, while 2 more mediocre teams fight it out to get into state.  Moral of the story:  Every team better come to play this time of year every single game, or you will be going home either tonight or very soon because of the bed you accidentally made for the next week.  Good luck to all tonight.

Except Valley Springs, go panthers.   ;D

Head Lion

8 of our wins didn't come from playing Bruno-Pyatt, Deer, Timbo & Alpena twice. Just sayin, Lions know what time of the year it is.

YSpanther

Quote from: Head Lion on February 15, 2018, 12:00:29 pm
8 of our wins didn't come from playing Bruno-Pyatt, Deer, Timbo & Alpena twice. Just sayin, Lions know what time of the year it is.
Deer is dang good.  Those boys can shoot from the parking lot and are 3rd in 1A. The other ones are a good point. Timbo stole Mountain View's point guard this year, so they weren't too bad either. Bruno is just sad.

We are the smallest 3A school in the state.  And we won't be 3A next year.

Good luck, we will probably run into each other next week at Melbourne.

Head Lion

Quote from: YSpanther on February 15, 2018, 12:25:11 pm
Deer is dang good.  Those boys can shoot from the parking lot and are 3rd in 1A. The other ones are a good point. Timbo stole Mountain View's point guard this year, so they weren't too bad either. Bruno is just sad.

We are the smallest 3A school in the state.  And we won't be 3A next year.

Good luck, we will probably run into each other next week at Melbourne.
Best of luck as well, should be a good week.

baller334

HL I seen a couple Jr boys moved up the other night but why didn't y'all best one play? If I'm not mistaken he was the reason y'all won that district tournament. Maybe I missed him cause I don't know his name or number but I know it wasn't the big one y'all have that dribbles down the floor with ball up to his head lol.

Head Lion

He chose not to, extremely good baseball player that is vying for a spot on a very talented team. Great question, he played like a BEAST in the finals.

baller334

Ok thanks I was just curious. Good luck tonight.

ISU7

Quote from: Head Lion on February 15, 2018, 11:04:01 am
And even a 6pt loss to Rivercrest at Manila..

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas