• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Meeting PA for the 1st time...

Started by Go Postal, November 30, 2017, 08:14:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JessieP

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on December 03, 2017, 09:03:16 pm
I wish cable tv was available in Batesville

Wow, the PA people are quite snippy tonight. They won the 5A, why so sensitive? MDX , let's have a 10 day moratorium on the asterisk, financial aid, recruiting discussions and let them gloat. We'll all play along. The consecutive titles can easily be explained by the fact they work harder. For 10 day's when someone say's financial aid is given blindly we won't even giggle. We should also try and not use any of our numerous ID's as well. The things we say are being said by others on this board, the 6 and 7A boards as well, but let's assume it's just us. I just don't understand why they don't give a little more effort, why can't they work as hard as Greenwood, NLR, Bentonville, Pine Bluff, Bryant or Conway?

PA Dad

Quote from: JessieP on December 03, 2017, 11:09:52 pm
Wow, the PA people are quite snippy tonight. They won the 5A, why so sensitive? MDX , let's have a 10 day moratorium on the asterisk, financial aid, recruiting discussions and let them gloat. We'll all play along. The consecutive titles can easily be explained by the fact they work harder. For 10 day's when someone say's financial aid is given blindly we won't even giggle. We should also try and not use any of our numerous ID's as well. The things we say are being said by others on this board, the 6 and 7A boards as well, but let's assume it's just us. I just don't understand why they don't give a little more effort, why can't they work as hard as Greenwood, NLR, Bentonville, Pine Bluff, Bryant or Conway?

PA people are always snippy.  What's your point?

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: JessieP on December 03, 2017, 11:09:52 pm
Do  you think players at Fair work as hard as at LR McLlellan?

JessieP

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on December 03, 2017, 11:42:21 pm
Do  you think players at Fair work as hard as at LR McLlellan?

I wouldn't know. Hard work is one pillar is a platform needed to succeed. It's a very important part but hard work in and of itself doesn't guarantee wins. If "working harder" was the main component then let's look at it through a micro prism as opposed to a macro one. Does Hatcher and his receivers work harder than the O-line? Last night what I saw was the best QB in the state. I have been getting trashed today by the Greenwood fans for saying that but I'm sorry, he was unreal. PA's game plan and execution was outstanding. They stayed focused and opportunistic. If you honestly believe working harder explains everything then PA's O-line has some explaining to do. Most teams work hard, almost every high school football player works 45+ weeks a year to prepare for the year.

PA Bruin Fan

Quote from: JessieP on December 04, 2017, 12:21:30 am
I wouldn't know. Hard work is one pillar is a platform needed to succeed. It's a very important part but hard work in and of itself doesn't guarantee wins. If "working harder" was the main component then let's look at it through a micro prism as opposed to a macro one. Does Hatcher and his receivers work harder than the O-line? Last night what I saw was the best QB in the state. I have been getting trashed today by the Greenwood fans for saying that but I'm sorry, he was unreal. PA's game plan and execution was outstanding. They stayed focused and opportunistic. If you honestly believe working harder explains everything then PA's O-line has some explaining to do. Most teams work hard, almost every high school football player works 45+ weeks a year to prepare for the year.

No, they don't, that's the point.  Most programs don't practice, condition, and lift 4-6 days per week over 45-48 weeks a year.  You can attribute that to the Private advantage and I wouldn't argue.  Most high school coaches take a big chunk of the winter and summer off to do other things.  Many students play multiple sports.  Few commit to the PA level.  It definitely takes away from the student's ability to have other accomplishments in their life, but that's their choice.  I'm not trying to brag or flex my ego, I'm just answering the question many on FF keep asking.  Why so successful?  Yes, great coaching is also a big part of it. 

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: Grond on December 03, 2017, 04:31:27 pm
Saw Pulaski Academy for the first time in 2014, in the Final versus Wynne at War Memorial.

Have seen video since then, but the next "live" viewing occurred at Nettleton this year.

My oldest son was with me both times, and we both observed that the 2017 PA team looked much bigger than the 2014 PA team.

For some of you PA folks, is the 2017 PA team larger than some of the previous teams?

May be the biggest o-line based on size since 2011, although 2011 was even bigger.  As for the rest the team, it is about average size.  If you are talking numbers it is right around the same.

Grond

Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on December 04, 2017, 10:53:04 am
May be the biggest o-line based on size since 2011, although 2011 was even bigger.  As for the rest the team, it is about average size.  If you are talking numbers it is right around the same.

Thanks.

Go Postal

December 04, 2017, 12:48:43 pm #57 Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 12:52:18 pm by Go Postal

Go Postal

I was just compiling PA's Championship games trophy case.  I'm not sure on the other sports, but on these two sports I am pretty sure.

FOOTBALL
7 State Championships
2 State Runner-ups

BOYS SOCCER
3 State Championships
3 State Runner-ups

GIRLS SOCCER
6 State Championships
5 State Runner-ups

I think this is a very great thing.  Most schools would love to have a portion of any of that.  I believe that this records are from 2000 to present.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: Go Postal on December 04, 2017, 12:50:54 pm
I was just compiling PA's Championship games trophy case.  I'm not sure on the other sports, but on these two sports I am pretty sure.

FOOTBALL
7 State Championships
2 State Runner-ups

BOYS SOCCER
3 State Championships
3 State Runner-ups

GIRLS SOCCER
6 State Championships
5 State Runner-ups

I think this is a very great thing.  Most schools would love to have a portion of any of that.  I believe that this records are from 2000 to present.
They got at least one baseball state championship in there as well.

Coach T Wood

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on December 04, 2017, 12:55:27 pm
They got at least one baseball state championship in there as well.
2002, 2003, 2013   From a reliable source.    ::) ;D

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: Coach Wood, RHS on December 04, 2017, 01:06:46 pm
2002, 2003, 2013   From a reliable source.    ::) ;D
But do you have a 10X10 foot picture as proof? :)

we_hate_the_band

Quote from: PA Dad on December 03, 2017, 11:22:15 pm
PA people are always snippy.  What's your point?

Urologists, what can you say?

MikeDieselâ„¢

The Champs are Here!  The Champs are Here!  The Champs are Here!

That was my first experience with PA.  Semifinals of the state basketball tournament at Ozark against EPC.  Monk, Boo, Joplin, and PJ got in their heads and dominated the Bruins.  That gym was completely packed. There were three teams from NEA (Gosnell, Osceola, and EPC) along with EPC in the semi's.  EPC and PA were the clear favorites and Osceola and Gosnell had made sure to stay out of that half of the bracket.  I'm pretty sure Gathen lost a game in the Region tournament on purpose so not to play in the same half of the bracket with those 2.  But, I digress.

Game began and EPC started strong.  A call went against PA and they tried to talk to the ref (I noticed that year that both PA and EPC liked to plead their case to the refs...almost like the refs were never right.  Monk was a master at questioning every call a ref made like he never made a mistake.)  But, today, EPC had this same ref earlier in the week in a game that they weren't going to lose no matter what.  When they questioned this referee, he T'ed one of them up quickly and they learned to shut their mouth.  I guess PA didn't scout that game, because they definitely hadn't learned from EPC's mistake earlier in the week.  Bruin players got T'ed up, and it was over.  PA never recovered and ended up losing by around 20 or so.  At least we didn't have to listen to that chant anymore.

I want to say 2 PA fans were ejected from the gym.  And someone near me said that one of them was a Thrash.  On another note, I think that was just a bad example where PA fans were shocked.  They didn't behave very well that night.  So, I assumed that they know how to behave in victory but struggle in defeat since they don't have to experience that as often :)

Having said that, I've experienced a few football games with them and even went on to the field after talked with Coach for a minute after a game.  Great guy, and great fans in every other situation I've been around them in.

Hgalum50

December 04, 2017, 03:40:05 pm #64 Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 03:41:43 pm by Hgalum50
First time I ever seen or heard of PA was back when Knighten from PA and Frazier at Shiloh was going at it for 4A state titles. I think I have those 2 qbs with the correct school. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: Hgalum50 on December 04, 2017, 03:40:05 pm
First time I ever seen or heard of PA was back when Knighten from PA and Frazier at Shiloh was going at it for 4A state titles. I think I have those 2 qbs with the correct school. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
That's correct. Shiloh was dominant that night. I thought Frazier would have been a star in college.

AirWarren

December 04, 2017, 04:27:16 pm #66 Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 04:29:06 pm by AirWarren
Quote from: MikeDieselâ„¢ on December 04, 2017, 03:09:56 pm
The Champs are Here!  The Champs are Here!  The Champs are Here!

That was my first experience with PA.  Semifinals of the state basketball tournament at Ozark against EPC.  Monk, Boo, Joplin, and PJ got in their heads and dominated the Bruins.  That gym was completely packed. There were three teams from NEA (Gosnell, Osceola, and EPC) along with EPC in the semi's.  EPC and PA were the clear favorites and Osceola and Gosnell had made sure to stay out of that half of the bracket.  I'm pretty sure Gathen lost a game in the Region tournament on purpose so not to play in the same half of the bracket with those 2.  But, I digress.

Game began and EPC started strong.  A call went against PA and they tried to talk to the ref (I noticed that year that both PA and EPC liked to plead their case to the refs...almost like the refs were never right.  Monk was a master at questioning every call a ref made like he never made a mistake.)  But, today, EPC had this same ref earlier in the week in a game that they weren't going to lose no matter what.  When they questioned this referee, he T'ed one of them up quickly and they learned to shut their mouth.  I guess PA didn't scout that game, because they definitely hadn't learned from EPC's mistake earlier in the week.  Bruin players got T'ed up, and it was over.  PA never recovered and ended up losing by around 20 or so.  At least we didn't have to listen to that chant anymore.

I want to say 2 PA fans were ejected from the gym.  And someone near me said that one of them was a Thrash.  On another note, I think that was just a bad example where PA fans were shocked.  They didn't behave very well that night.  So, I assumed that they know how to behave in victory but struggle in defeat since they don't have to experience that as often :)

Having said that, I've experienced a few football games with them and even went on to the field after talked with Coach for a minute after a game.  Great guy, and great fans in every other situation I've been around them in.

My first experience with Pulaski Academy.

Football season of 2002. We see this "academy" on our football schedule. Come to find out it's these rooty toots from WLR coming down to our little sweet southern haven of Warren, AR for a football game. Had a Thrash at QB and they ran an offense similar to ours(we were one of the first to run high tempo spread in south Arkansas).

Here they come.....piling out of their coach liner busses....had their own little concession stand. It was precious.

We sent them packing back up to central Arkansas with a loss. It was the start of a fun rivalry. And while it has been a little lopsided recently, it sure was fun to smack them around 46-0 that one time.......

Freaking PA.......

:D

Hgalum50

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on December 04, 2017, 04:19:53 pm
That's correct. Shiloh was dominant that night. I thought Frazier would have been a star in college.
Yeah good young men but unfortunately their college careers weren't so great!

OB11

Quote from: Hgalum50 on December 04, 2017, 04:48:54 pm
Yeah good young men but unfortunately their college careers weren't so great!

Knighten's was pretty good...

Hgalum50

Quote from: OB11 on December 05, 2017, 11:34:16 am
Knighten's was pretty good...
I forgot he transfered to OBU and played. He was pretty good there.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Hgalum50 on December 05, 2017, 02:35:38 pm
I forgot he transfered to OBU and played. He was pretty good there.

A little confusion is going on here. Kyle Frazier was from Shiloh and finished at OBU after starting at Auburn.  Friday Knighten was from PA and spent all his collegiate career at ASU.

Hgalum50

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on December 05, 2017, 02:44:07 pm
A little confusion is going on here. Kyle Frazier was from Shiloh and finished at OBU after starting at Auburn.  Friday Knighten was from PA and spent all his collegiate career at ASU.
Gotcha! I knew one of them did play at OBU! Thanks for the correction.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas