• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jonesboro @ Russellville

Started by ricepig, November 05, 2017, 06:35:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

This should be a decent game if Jonesboro doesn't turn it over early and get down by 21 or so. My son said they were down 9 of their original 22, I'm not sure that's 100% correct, as his neighbor who plays, and is now out for the season told him that. That's probably counting both QB's, one is sort of back, and both RB's when we just play one. Anyway, they still have some talent, I hope they put a complete game together. It's good to play a school you haven't played before, or haven't to my knowledge. I wish we played some cross divisional games, better than playing up or down.

T-Bone

The odd part of losing is I hear parents as well as some students who seem to blame someone from player to coaches.  This is a team sport.  You have 11 on the field all the time with a set of coaches on the side coaching the entire game.  No one player or coach makes the team or loses it for the team. The team wins and the team loses together as a team.  I get so tired of parents wanting to blame him or him or him.  We have talent still on this team able to play.  If we forget the finger pointing and go out and play the game like a team we can win and move on.  Sorry, it is just embarrassing to hear some comments I have heard since we have seen far more L's than expected.  This can be a winning season overall if we win this week and go to PB and take care of business there too.  Anything else is just icing on the cake.

rona

Well said T Bone. Football is the ultimate Team Sport!

ArkansasBoy

The Future

T-Bone

Quote from: ArkansasBoy on November 06, 2017, 09:04:23 am
score prediction ?

I know nothing about Russellville so I couldn't make a true prediction even if I wanted to.  As Ricepig said, it could be a good game.  If both teams come out fighting like they were backed in the corner then it could be a really great game.

RiverRunner02

Quote from: The Future on November 06, 2017, 09:05:57 am
I got Jonesboro 35-21

I think the game won't be that low scoring IMO. Should be a pretty high scoring game between two pretty good offenses.

ricepig

Quote from: RiverRunner02 on November 06, 2017, 04:09:04 pm
I think the game won't be that low scoring IMO. Should be a pretty high scoring game between two pretty good offenses.

Yeah, if the weather is good, more like 48-45.

High Voltage

You gotta watch that Weaver fellar, he tends to prepare his team well for these kinda games. ;)

High Voltage

T-Bone

Quote from: ricepig on November 06, 2017, 04:13:11 pm

If we win, and we can, I am going out to buy me a cow bell to get ready for the next week.

zebrafan

Quote from: T-Bone on November 06, 2017, 07:26:53 pm
If we win, and we can, I am going out to buy me a cow bell to get ready for the next week.
You might need a little microphone to! The Z Pound and a funny lady from WM we're battling it out in Week 9....good stuff no bad feelings though 😂

T-Bone

Quote from: zebrafan on November 06, 2017, 07:34:23 pm
You might need a little microphone to! The Z Pound and a funny lady from WM we're battling it out in Week 9....good stuff no bad feelings though 😂

Well only one game at a time for us.  You can sit back and get cold in a bye.  We have to win this Friday first.  But if we do I hope our dog pound gets to come.  Might just bring a true bell. 

zebrafan

Quote from: T-Bone on November 06, 2017, 07:51:18 pm
Well only one game at a time for us.  You can sit back and get cold in a bye.  We have to win this Friday first.  But if we do I hope our dog pound gets to come.  Might just bring a true bell. 
Oh yeah! I remember that bell, didn't y'all use that on the sideline? Or am I crazy? Haha

T-Bone

Quote from: zebrafan on November 06, 2017, 08:20:33 pm
Oh yeah! I remember that bell, didn't y'all use that on the sideline? Or am I crazy? Haha

You might be crazy, I am not sure but yes we have a true bell.  We need a good reason to ring it.

RiverRunner02

Quote from: ricepig on November 06, 2017, 04:13:11 pm

By the end of the game we might mistake the final score for a track meet. #Shootout

zebrafan

Quote from: T-Bone on November 06, 2017, 08:52:54 pm
You might be crazy, I am not sure but yes we have a true bell.  We need a good reason to ring it.

Haha ok, now I'm curious to see this bell!

maxswine

So, RiverRunner, let me get this straight.  Russellville beats Texarkana and Lake Hamilton on the road, but Hootens has them ranked behind those two teams?  Are there some injuries for Russellville or something?

RiverRunner02

Quote from: maxswine on November 07, 2017, 07:38:56 am
So, RiverRunner, let me get this straight.  Russellville beats Texarkana and Lake Hamilton on the road, but Hootens has them ranked behind those two teams?  Are there some injuries for Russellville or something?

That really is confusing. I know that Woodard, Plummer, and Aaron Williams didn't play last week but will be good to go this week.

dubbnation

Russ is pretty banged up but not using that as an excuses. A lot of teams are. That time of year.

RiverRunner02

Quote from: dubbnation on November 07, 2017, 10:16:54 am
Russ is pretty banged up but not using that as an excuses. A lot of teams are. That time of year.

That's definitely true. The season is a grind and dudes are banged up. It's the time of year where you have to play through whatever you can play through.

RiverRunner02

It was a great game tonight in Russellville. Rville was down 20-6 at the half but dominated the second half to get the 36-29 win.

The Future

Quote from: RiverRunner02 on November 06, 2017, 04:09:04 pm

36-29
I was close lol. Had the winner picked wrong though.

Good win for Russvegas and congrats to the team coaches and fans.
Good luck next week against Pine Bluff

Pr8hd

Quote from: Pr8hd on November 05, 2017, 12:36:59 pm

As far as the picks, since I did so great on my prognostications this year <sarcasm> in pickems and playoff seeding thread <more sarcasm>, this is likely the KOD (kiss of death). Anyway, I like Russ over JB, and LH over Searcy potentially as my major sleeper pick.

I got this one and missed on the other...JB was too inconsistent this year and their loss to Marion in week 10, made me think Russ might get them. Big challenge awaits the Cyclones now.

ricepig

Quote from: Pr8hd on November 11, 2017, 06:21:10 am
I got this one and missed on the other...JB was too inconsistent this year and their loss to Marion in week 10, made me think Russ might get them. Big challenge awaits the Cyclones now.

First losing season in 10 years, very disappointing with the talent this team had. I know injuries played a part, but everyone has those.

VVBlazer

Quote from: ricepig on November 11, 2017, 10:43:36 am
First losing season in 10 years, very disappointing with the talent this team had. I know injuries played a part, but everyone has those.

Listening to the pregame radio announcers, they stated that Jonesboro had lost 7 offensive starters throughout the course of the season this year. That sure would be tough to overcome by any standards.

ricepig

Quote from: VVBlazer on November 11, 2017, 11:38:21 am
Listening to the pregame radio announcers, they stated that Jonesboro had lost 7 offensive starters throughout the course of the season this year. That sure would be tough to overcome by any standards.

Yep, it wasn't good from the injury standpoint.

T-Bone

Quote from: ricepig on November 11, 2017, 12:06:07 pm
Yep, it wasn't good from the injury standpoint.

Injuries were big but as you stated earlier all teams usually get them.  That game could have gone either way at any point but Russellville stepped up and finished the game.  Good luck to Russellville going forward.  They have a rough road ahead of them since going into the house of Bellville at Pine Bluff.  Good luck to both teams with finishing the year healthy.   

Mr_Deb

I sure bet they wish they were having Turkey down there in Dungsboro this week 😂

ricepig

Quote from: Mr_Deb on November 21, 2017, 08:03:43 pm
I sure bet they wish they were having Turkey down there in Dungsboro this week 😂

Pretty sure we'll still have turkey, did y'all do without these last 12 years?

T-Bone

Quote from: Mr_Deb on November 21, 2017, 08:03:43 pm

I must be slow since that went over my head.  Don't understand what you mean unless you mean those large legs of Turkey PB serves at games.  They did look good.  And if so then we are "up" here.  Not down there.  Check out the map.  Good luck to the best team that night.  Hope you have a good close game with no injuries and best team that night with the win.

Mr_Deb

Quote from: ricepig on November 21, 2017, 08:17:04 pm
Pretty sure we'll still have turkey, did y'all do without these last 12 years?

DUNGBORO'S Finest... good ol' ricepig 😂😂

Quote from: T-Bone on November 22, 2017, 12:26:54 pm
I must be slow since that went over my head.  Don't understand what you mean unless you mean those large legs of Turkey PB serves at games.  They did look good.  And if so then we are "up" here.  Not down there.  Check out the map.  Good luck to the best team that night.  Hope you have a good close game with no injuries and best team that night with the win.

Thanks I'll look at a map next time!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas