• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Valley View tournament 11/6 - 11/9 Girls

Started by NEA Razorback olfan, October 29, 2017, 08:57:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NEA Razorback olfan

October 29, 2017, 08:57:02 pm Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 10:20:48 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
11/6

4:30  Mtn Home vs Brookland
5:45  Trumann vs Annie Camp (Jonesboro)
7:00  Marion vs Paragould
8:15  Valley View vs EPC

cannon

Man. Home v. Brookland should be a good one. Pretty excited about that one.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: cannon on November 05, 2017, 06:13:33 pm
Man. Home v. Brookland should be a good one. Pretty excited about that one.

I agree Mt Home always has a tough girls program.
I plan on going to watch this one.
Best of luck to both teams.

Is this Mt Home first game?
How would you describe Mt Home team?

cannon

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on November 05, 2017, 06:54:40 pm
I agree Mt Home always has a tough girls program.
I plan on going to watch this one.
Best of luck to both teams.

Is this Mt Home first game?
How would you describe Mt Home team?

I haven't seen them play since last season, but they have an extraordinary coach and always seem to have a very disciplined team. I've watched Bookland's girls play, and I know they have a high quality Jr girls program, so I have to assume it will be a good matchup.

I expect this to be a great tourney. I've seen Marion's girls, and they're tough. Truman's girls are exceptional and could certainly win it all. Annie Camp has the best point guard in the north half of the state, and Paragould's girls always seem to come out strong (although I've heard that they moved one of their better players to sr high). I haven't seen EPC's girls, so I can't comment on them. I give V.V.'s girls very little likelihood of going far because they lack height overall, but they're scrappy and competitive enough to make the loss a decent show. I'm seriously excited to see how it all shakes down.

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan

Trumann 19
Annie Camp 43
F

Marion 21
Paragould 15
F

NEA Razorback olfan

I left after VV was up 15 to 0 on EPC...

Well it's not the start we where hoping for and we have a lot to work on but I really enjoyed watching our girls today. It was good to see Carliegh Smith out their after missing her 8th grade season.
Gracie Gramling Got some PT after just getting released today. KaNya is still getting over her sprained ankle but she still did well. 8th grader Samantha Simpkins played really well.
Looks like we play Trumann tomorrow.
Good luck to all the teams!

#10 for Mt Home really played well, impressive player

cannon

V.V. Finished 49-9 over EPC. Annie Camp looked really, really good.  I was surprised by the outcome of the Marion/Paragould game, but it was a good one. Other than that and the fact that I thought Trumann would play AC much closer than they did, there weren't too many shocking moments. Everybody looked a bit nervous & scattered, which is how it should be for the season opener.

NEA Razorback olfan

I agree, I believe Brookland and Trumann will be a good one.
If Mt Home can stay hit from outside maybe they can hang with Annie Camp if they break their press

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland 36
Trumann 29
F

Hannah Boling 14pts
KaNya Ford 10pts

cannon

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: cannon on November 07, 2017, 06:02:06 pm
Brookland looked strong.

I couldn't make it tonight, but got updates, this is a really good group.
They have a lot to improve on but they all work hard and are really well coached.

Keep us updated on the other games tonight, thanks

cannon

OMG. Annie Camp/Mt. Home. Barn Burner. Bombers came back from a 7 pt deficit in the 3rd and they're leading by 2 with 51 sec in the 4th.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: cannon on November 07, 2017, 06:50:15 pm
OMG. Annie Camp/Mt. Home. Barn Burner. Bombers came back from a 7 pt deficit in the 3rd and they're leading by 2 with 51 sec in the 4th.

Wow!!!

cannon

NEA Razorback olfan

Congrats to the Lady Bombers, that sounded like a heck of a game.

cannon

NEA Razorback olfan

cannon

Brookland/Paragould girls tied, 16 each at the half.

NEA Razorback olfan

November 09, 2017, 07:48:30 pm #20 Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 09:20:09 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Brookland 40
Paragould 25
F

KaNya Ford 14pts
Carliegh Smith 10pts
Hannah Boiling 9pts

NEA Razorback olfan

I left championship game Mt Home up 14-7 2nd qtr,
Really enjoyed watching the games tonight , safe travels and best of luck to all the teams this season.

cannon

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on November 09, 2017, 09:15:39 pm
I left championship game Mt Home up 14-7 2nd qtr,
Really enjoyed watching the games tonight , safe travels and best of luck to all the teams this season.

Marion made a run at them in the second half, but never got closer than 7 or 8.

Mountain Home was the better team this week. I still think that if you match Mt. Home and AC UP 10 times, AC would win 9 of them, but the only games that count are the ones that actually get played. It was a nice tourney with several competitive games.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: cannon on November 10, 2017, 10:07:29 am
Marion made a run at them in the second half, but never got closer than 7 or 8.

Mountain Home was the better team this week. I still think that if you match Mt. Home and AC UP 10 times, AC would win 9 of them, but the only games that count are the ones that actually get played. It was a nice tourney with several competitive games.

I agree , Mt Home and AC I thought  were the strongest groups ,  our girls got exposed in some areas and I'm sure Coach Ellis is going to work on those , but  that's why they play in this Jr. Girls tourney to get us ready for conference.

cannon

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on November 10, 2017, 05:57:52 pm
I agree , Mt Home and AC I thought  were the strongest groups ,  our girls got exposed in some areas and I'm sure Coach Ellis is going to work on those , but  that's why they play in this Jr. Girls tourney to get us ready for conference.

My girl's at V.V.  They've got a loooooooong way to go to be competitive, especially at the 5A level. There is a striking lack of height among their team.

NEA Razorback olfan

November 11, 2017, 11:06:24 pm #25 Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 11:10:01 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
I believe the  VV Jr. Girls will be at Brookland 's New Arena Monday.
Our freshman class is a good one. Carliegh Smith and Gracie Gramling are about 5'10.
KaNya Ford and Hannah Boiling are above avg guards.
I don't have a girl , my son plays baseball for Brookland.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas