• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 - 3A MONEY POLL

Started by 3 Dollar, March 21, 2017, 06:47:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Eaglemaniac

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on May 06, 2017, 05:34:07 pm
Smackover vs Horatio in championship game.

GC vs Fouke in third place game.

Should be a good game between Smackover and Horatio.

FNLsupporter

If BK wins Monday, they have got to be the odds favorite to win the State tourney again. They are on a mission. RB could pull off the upset no doubt though. It's getting to the best part of the season!

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Eaglemaniac on May 06, 2017, 08:30:34 pm
Should be a good game between Smackover and Horatio.

I agree and I wish I could make it!

WHITEchicken

3 dollar the poll is looking pretty good

3 Dollar

What has happened in Region 1?

Specifically between Charleston & Two Rivers.  The winner v Mansfield.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: 3 Dollar on May 07, 2017, 04:34:02 pm
What has happened in Region 1?

Specifically between Charleston & Two Rivers.  The winner v Mansfield.

I can ask two people and see if they can post results.

Proud Buckaroo

Charleston beat two rivers 10-2.

Beat Mansfield 4-2.

They will play in championship tomorrow.

WHITEchicken

I am pretty sure they got their games pushed back. Not sure though. The rain was pretty bad up that way from what I have seen

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: WHITEchicken on May 07, 2017, 06:56:02 pm
I am pretty sure they got their games pushed back. Not sure though. The rain was pretty bad up that way from what I have seen

I think every Regional was pushed back from Thursday.

THA TRUTH

What times are the games tomorrow in smackover??

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: THA TRUTH on May 07, 2017, 08:05:36 pm
What times are the games tomorrow in smackover??

Let me ask Coach Greene real quick and make sure the times I have are correct.

Proud Buckaroo

Third place games are at noon tomorrow.

Championship games are at 2:30pm tomorrow.

WHITEchicken

Yeah PB i mean I think their games got pushed an extra day. I should have clarified.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: WHITEchicken on May 07, 2017, 10:39:53 pm
Yeah PB i mean I think their games got pushed an extra day. I should have clarified.

I knew what you were saying, man.

I was just adding on that with all the rain that happened every one guy pushed back a day.

Horse Shoe

Smackover Lady Bucks take the Region 4 Championship over Horacio  4-1.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Horse Shoe on May 08, 2017, 04:22:21 pm
Smackover Lady Bucks take the Region 4 Championship over Horacio  4-1.

Congratulations lady bucks! This was a big test for them and they passed. Keep the streak going into state and get that trophy!

FNLsupporter

Is there anyway AAA could go ahead and send the state championship rings and banner to Bald Knob?  It would save a lot of time and money. It's all just preliminary anyway, right?

Proud Buckaroo

It's not that easy. Lol.

Horse Shoe

Quote from: FNLsupporter on May 08, 2017, 06:28:58 pm
Is there anyway AAA could go ahead and send the state championship rings and banner to Bald Knob?  It would save a lot of time and money. It's all just preliminary anyway, right?
I'm guessing, by that statement, that BK has won their region. If so, the only way Smackover could meet up with them would be the championship game.  If we are fortunate enough to make it to Lady Back field, I hope we have a chance to make you eat those words.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Horse Shoe on May 08, 2017, 06:48:31 pm
I'm guessing, by that statement, that BK has won their region. If so, the only way Smackover could meet up with them would be the championship game.  If we are fortunate enough to make it to Lady Back field, I hope we have a chance to make you eat those words.

According to the bracket I just looked at.... That will be fun!

Horse Shoe

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on May 08, 2017, 06:50:58 pm
According to the bracket I just looked at.... That will be fun!
Better look again.  1st from Region 2 is in the top half of the bracket. 1st from Region 4 is in the bottom half.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Horse Shoe on May 08, 2017, 06:54:23 pm
Better look again.  1st from Region 2 is in the top half of the bracket. 1st from Region 4 is in the bottom half.

Yeah, I did. That's what I edited my post. I just glanced at it quickly because I was stopped at a red light. But I looked over it again!

vtown1

Quote from: FNLsupporter on May 08, 2017, 06:28:58 pm
I too hope you have to eat these words. Bald Knob is definitely a good team, but FAR from unbeatable. I was at the game today, and it was no where close to complete domination. As a matter of fact, there were ZERO earned runs in that game.

Horse Shoe

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on May 08, 2017, 06:55:23 pm
Yeah, I did. That's what I edited my post. I just glanced at it quickly because I was stopped at a red light. But I looked over it again!
You had me double checking too. I thought I had it studied pretty good until I saw your initial post. Had we lost to Horatio, we most likely would have faced BK in the second round. These girls have worked hard to get where they are. It would be very fitting if we could have a chance to knock BK off the throne in Fayetteville.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Horse Shoe on May 08, 2017, 07:01:50 pm
You had me double checking too. I thought I had it studied pretty good until I saw your initial post. Had we lost to Horatio, we most likely would have faced BK in the second round. These girls have worked hard to get where they are. It would be very fitting if we could have a chance to knock BK off the throne in Fayetteville.

They definitely have worked hard. Steele is doing a darn good job with them. Conference champs, district champs, regional champs and riding a 25+ game winning streak. I hope they do get their shot!

FNLsupporter

They have all had their chance over the past 3+ years. No need to feel confident now.  There have been A LOT of good teams attempt to beat them over the past 3 years, and none were successful. Why should we not assume it will be the same result this year?

FNLsupporter

Supposedly, Rose Bud was gonna overthrow BK! Hasn't happened.  HHG, nope! BK is just on a different level than other 3A softball teams. Good luck though to the rest of the field...they're gonna need it.

Bwana

May 08, 2017, 10:57:10 pm #127 Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 11:13:14 pm by Bwana
What was the BK vs RB final score please?? Never mind I found it, 4-0..

Proud Buckaroo

Last three years do not matter now. This is a new year. I understand that you have confidence in the team. I just hope Smackover will meet up with Bald Knob at Lady Back stadium. :)

FNLsupporter

Ok look, I've tried the obnoxious jerk attitude for a few posts now, and nobody is biting. Truth is, Bald Knob is good, but not the team of the past 3 years. I just was hoping to see some hard rebuttal to my over the top posts. Anyway, that's the 2nd time this season I've tried to stir the discussion and it hasn't worked at all. In reality, there are 5-6 teams that have a legit shot at the state title. Bald Knob is one of them, but it will be no cakewalk I can assure you. When Humes, Duncan, and Camp were there, maybe so, but now it's gonna take some luck and maybe some good teams to lose along the way.

WHITEchicken

Ok now that FNL got that out of the way. The Lady Buckaroos have played well the whole season while facing less than great competition. Now that they are playing better competition they are proving that they are not just winning games because of the lack of competition. Pitching is so huge in softball, this year the Bucks have it and I haven't seen many teams that have better. Actually the best pitchers we have faced this year in no real order are. Phelps from PC (probably the best), the girl from Taylor, and the girl from Horatio. That is it. Last year in the state tournament I only saw 1 team with a pitcher better than ours and that was BK. She is gone now. The bats for Smack got better also.

3 Dollar

WHITEchicken

Hahahaha.... 3 Dollar you are something else. I can't wait to see how this pans out.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: WHITEchicken on May 09, 2017, 08:39:01 am
Hahahaha.... 3 Dollar you are something else. I can't wait to see how this pans out.

Just let the team prove everyone wrong. :)

playthegame12

Clinton beat Rivercrest 9-3... I think something's a little wrong there.

Horse Shoe

Looks like a potential match-up between Rose Bud and Smackover in the second round.  If we both make it through the first round, and we can get past Rose Bud, maybe that will earn us a little more respect than just beating Horatio. 

White Chicken.  I don't know if you have seen Centerpoint play, but I would put their pitching up there with the top three we have faced.  IMO they looked better to me pitching wise than GC or Fouke.  El Dorado's pitcher, Hargett I think, was pretty good too.

WHITEchicken

I have seen almost every game this year for the Lady Bucks and I would not put centerpoints pitcher in the top. If I had to round out my top 5 it would go the pitcher from Mcgehee then the JC pitcher 4-5.  But that is just my opinion.

Idoknow

Quote from: WHITEchicken on May 09, 2017, 11:24:48 am
I have seen almost every game this year for the Lady Bucks and I would not put centerpoints pitcher in the top. If I had to round out my top 5 it would go the pitcher from Mcgehee then the JC pitcher 4-5.  But that is just my opinion.
Who's the pitcher from JC and is she a transfer from Stamps?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Idoknow on May 09, 2017, 11:47:19 am
Who's the pitcher from JC and is she a transfer from Stamps?

Her last name is Temple. I don't believe she transferred from Stamps. Everyone who plays for JC is from JC.

3 Dollar

Quote from: playthegame12 on May 09, 2017, 09:25:24 am
Clinton beat Rivercrest 9-3... I think something's a little wrong there.

My bad!

I fixed it.

3 Dollar

Quote from: WHITEchicken on May 09, 2017, 08:39:01 am

You'll see soon enough.  If it doesn't pan out this way, well it won't be the first time I was wrong.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on May 09, 2017, 12:10:11 pm
Her last name is Temple. I don't believe she transferred from Stamps. Everyone who plays for JC is from JC.

Raised in faircrest

WHITEchicken

Not riviercrest? Haha. Well 3 dollar I really enjoy looking at these even when you get them wrong.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: THA TRUTH on May 09, 2017, 04:37:46 pm

Raised in faircrest

Yeah, I don't know of any girl at JC that transferred from Stamps. Only girl I know of even transferred was from Norphlet. But she already graduated. I believe.

WHITEchicken

Who transferred from Norphlet?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: WHITEchicken on May 09, 2017, 06:41:10 pm
Who transferred from Norphlet?

I can't remember what her name was. I just knew it was a few years back.

playthegame12

May 09, 2017, 07:31:39 pm #146 Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 08:18:24 pm by playthegame12
Clinton goes against Glen Rose first round of state, I think that will be a big game.  Both pretty good teams.  Clintons on a 6 game winning streak, Glen Rose seems to have a awesome pitcher from what I heard.  Not to knowing of that team, from the stats they look pretty good.  I think it will be a game of hitting for sure.

WHITEchicken

Smackover is playing Paris in the first round. Paris is 6-16 or something like that. Looks like they sore a fair amount of runs but give up a lot also. I am getting all my info from maxpreps so hopefully Smack pulls this out.

Horse Shoe

Quote from: WHITEchicken on May 09, 2017, 11:24:48 am
Only game I have missed was at DC.  I only saw the CP pitcher against us. She pitched a good game. I can see where your coming from with McGehee and JC though.  Charley played summer ball with us last year, and hopefully again this summer.

3 Dollar

Hey Albino Yard Bird!

Let me know what you think about the umpires in North Arkansas!

Your honest opinion that is!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas