• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Super Bowl: Where did it all go wrong?

Started by Made, February 06, 2017, 10:00:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Made

I see the post where someone suggests that pro sports are rigged, which, I would hate to say they can't be....but hardly think that they are. I was wondering in your opinion, where did it all go wrong last night for the Atlanta Falcons? What play or decision would you have changed during the game, that could have been the difference in winning or losing?

Longfellow

Throwing the ball up 25 when the other team couldn't stop your toss sweep

Redwolves8526

New England D made great adjustments at halftime and after that, It was simple. Pats went no huddle, passed the ball almost every down, got the Falcons pass rush tired, and got mismatches on linebackers with James White. How many times did we see the Pats get into a 3rd and medium situation, and convert with an option route with James White on one of the Atlanta LB's? I lost count.

What's crazy is Brady made it look easy. I think everyone knew that when they converted that 2 pt conversion and won the coin toss, the game was over.

mtindian42

LRRandy

The Falcons dropping back to pass on third and one at the 22 yard line. If they run it up the middle and don't get the first down they have a field goal that probably would have been too many points to overcome in such a short time and forced the Patriots to use a timeout. Hindsight is easy though. Heck of a comeback by Brady and the Pats.

Made

Quote from: mtindian42 on February 06, 2017, 10:12:26 am
Didn't go wrong. Went as planed!
lol

The one situation that i saw, was around the 3-4 min mark in 4th quarter, in field goal range.....think it was 2nd and 11

I turned to my buddy and said it's all over but the crying, they are going to run it twice, use some clock kick a field goal and make it a two score game. my buddy sitting there, i would play action, it would eat their lunch right now......... then.....sack for a 12 yard loss, out of field goal range, what in the world just happened, i know they didn't, surely they didn't, omg what just happened.

At least it went to over time, first time for that ever.

VHSCoach2

Quote from: LRRandy on February 06, 2017, 10:41:35 am
The Falcons dropping back to pass on third and one at the 22 yard line. If they run it up the middle and don't get the first down they have a field goal that probably would have been too many points to overcome in such a short time and forced the Patriots to use a timeout. Hindsight is easy though. Heck of a comeback by Brady and the Pats.

Exactly this.  After the bomb to Julio, we had the ball at New England's 22.  1st and 10.  A  run makes it 2nd and manageable and then we... dropped back to pass.  Ryan gets sacked.  Still in Matt Bryant's field goal range.  Then Ryan Matthews tries to decapitate a defensive lineman with a guillotine choke-hold for holding, taking us out of field goal range.

The rest, as they say, is history.

mtindian42

February 06, 2017, 11:35:58 am #7 Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 11:37:48 am by mtindian42
Quote from: Made on February 06, 2017, 10:45:57 am
lol

The one situation that i saw, was around the 3-4 min mark in 4th quarter, in field goal range.....think it was 2nd and 11

I turned to my buddy and said it's all over but the crying, they are going to run it twice, use some clock kick a field goal and make it a two score game. my buddy sitting there, i would play action, it would eat their lunch right now......... then.....sack for a 12 yard loss, out of field goal range, what in the world just happened, i know they didn't, surely they didn't, omg what just happened.

At least it went to over time, first time for that ever.
run the ball kill the clock. That's what a smart coach like DQ dose year around in that situation. In the game tho he seem to forgot how to coach🤔 Or he was leaving enough time for the star of the show to do his thing... Proofs in the pudding!

Chief_Osceola™

Atlanta's clock management and play-calling the last 16 minutes of regulation was some of the worst I've seen.  After New England scored to make it 28-9, Atlanta ran the ball only 4 times the rest of the game.  There's a difference in being aggressive and being stupid. 

Here's something interesting I heard this morning - New England won a game in which they led for 0:00. 

Made

Rulesman

Second half kickoff and the entire third and fourth quarters. You play not to lose and you will. Horrible second half defensive effort by Atl.

Lumberjackfan1978

Lions84

The Falcons should have kicked that field goal when they had the chance in the 2nd half.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas