• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The All Soccer Thread(US soccer, EPL, European leagues, Spanish/Mexican leagues.)

Started by AirWarren, August 02, 2015, 09:00:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Tim Howard set to retire after this MLS season.

Truly one of the best. Always enjoyed he as an ambassador to our country and our sport.

Longfellow

I'll never forget watching him against Belgium. I hate not seeing him and Clint Dempsey playing for the USMNT

beach bum

Got to watch Dempsey and Howard on the 4th of July this last summer when I was out in Denver for a Seattle Sounders vs Colorado Rapids match. Dempsey subbed in at about the 70th minute and Howard was in goal. They may have only been shells of their old EPL days and 2012 WC days, but it was still nice to see them in person.

Anyone ever looking for a summer road trip idea I suggest that trip I took out to Denver this last July 4th. The Rapids always play on the 4th of July where its a sellout crowd with a great vibe followed by a firework show afterwards where they let the fans on the pitch to watch the fireworks on display.

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on January 22, 2019, 07:36:37 pm
Got to watch Dempsey and Howard on the 4th of July this last summer when I was out in Denver for a Seattle Sounders vs Colorado Rapids match. Dempsey subbed in at about the 70th minute and Howard was in goal. They may have only been shells of their old EPL days and 2012 WC days, but it was still nice to see them in person.

Anyone ever looking for a summer road trip idea I suggest that trip I took out to Denver this last July 4th. The Rapids always play on the 4th of July where its a sellout crowd with a great vibe followed by a firework show afterwards where they let the fans on the pitch to watch the fireworks on display.

Sounds awesome.

VHSCoach2

Cardiff City forward, Emiliano Sala, is presumed dead after a plane he was reported to be on went missing on January 21st. After three days of searching, it has been called off by Guernsey police.

Tragic news.

AirWarren

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on January 24, 2019, 12:11:00 pm
Cardiff City forward, Emiliano Sala, is presumed dead after a plane he was reported to be on went missing on January 21st. After three days of searching, it has been called off by Guernsey police.

Tragic news.

Awful news. This is what is terrifying to me about flying.

AirWarren

Chelsea and Spurs kick off in about 30 minutes. Caribou cup play I believe.

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on January 24, 2019, 01:17:15 pm
Chelsea and Spurs kick off in about 30 minutes. Caribou cup play I believe.

Winner takes on Man City!! I'll take Spurs or Chelsea before City anyday!

AirWarren

AirWarren

AirWarren

AirWarren

AirWarren

AirWarren

AirWarren

We are in PK.

Chelsea 3-2 right now . Dier misses for Spurs. Jorginho follows through to make it 3-2

AirWarren

Lucas Moura misses penalty kick for spurs.

David Luiz seals the deal!!!! Chelsea wins in PK 4-2 and advances to the final against Manchester City.

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on January 24, 2019, 03:55:20 pm
Lucas Moura misses penalty kick for spurs.

David Luiz seals the deal!!!! Chelsea wins in PK 4-2 and advances to the final against Manchester City.

Best matchup we could have got with the 4 that were remaining for this week....

AirWarren

FA cup action today.

Arsenal and Manchester United currently in the 13th minute.

AirWarren

AirWarren

AirWarren

AirWarren

AirWarren

AirWarren

beach bum

beach bum

Millwall 3 Everton 2 (That's with Everton playing a strong team you would see any EPL weekend)

AFC Wimbledon 4 West Ham 2 (The Dons scored 3 goals in 12 minute span near the middle of the match)

Longfellow

Is anyone else feeling a slight glimmer of hope for the USMNT? With Pulisic, Weah, and Tyler Adams, things kinda feel like they're trending upward

AirWarren

Quote from: Longfellow on January 27, 2019, 01:38:35 pm
Is anyone else feeling a slight glimmer of hope for the USMNT? With Pulisic, Weah, and Tyler Adams, things kinda feel like they're trending upward

Please baby Jesus....give us hope.

Chelsea up 3-0 today. We need those points.

AirWarren

beach bum

I like that Weah went to Celtic.... It's 6 months with the option for 18 months if PSG does not take him back in the summer. I hope he stays 18 months cause he will get on field experience in the Champions League or Europa League next year.

1-Adam-12

Last non-league team in the FA Cup, Barnet, hosts Championship side Brentford in the FA Cup today.

AirWarren

beach bum

Barnet was robbed. 1 of Brentford's goals was from a garbage penalty where the replay showed no contact whatsoever

Man U getting back to back FA Cup London trips is crazy

1-Adam-12

Quote from: beach bum on January 28, 2019, 04:47:50 pm
Barnet was robbed. 1 of Brentford's goals was from a garbage penalty where the replay showed no contact whatsoever

Man U getting back to back FA Cup London trips is crazy

Yes, Barnet was robbed.  At least they responded with a cracker of a tying goal to force the replay.

beach bum

Newcastle may have just won Liverpool the title today

Newcastle 2 Man City 1

beach bum

Had to look at my screen about 3 times to make sure I read Bournemouth 4-0 over Chelsea... Wow

Also, Miguel Almiron, the attacking midfielder for Atlanta United moves for a decent fee to Newcastle. The MLS keeps growing little by little even if its baby steps. Arthur Blank in Atlanta is running that club right just two years in.

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on January 30, 2019, 08:31:32 pm
Had to look at my screen about 3 times to make sure I read Bournemouth 4-0 over Chelsea... Wow

Also, Miguel Almiron, the attacking midfielder for Atlanta United moves for a decent fee to Newcastle. The MLS keeps growing little by little even if its baby steps. Arthur Blank in Atlanta is running that club right just two years in.

Mourinho.
Diego.

Please come home.

AirWarren

AirWarren

Interested in seeing Pulisic's dynamic with the likes of Hazard, Jorginho, and Higuain. He has been our superhero American that we have hoped for to break into big time soccer in the world. I hope he comes in and just lights it up.

AirWarren

AirWarren

AirWarren

Oh my HIGUAIN.

OH MY.

4-0.

You soccer guys need to find that shot. Holy moly.

AirWarren

AirWarren

David Luiz with the header from a corner. Deflected off Huddersfield player. 5-0.

AirWarren

How about those wolves! Even with the antics of the black cat on the field! Ha

beach bum

Poor Huddersfield, they're going down. Even Fulham all though unlikely you can pin the tiniest hope cause they score goals and could get hot late. Huddersfield got the bad luck of playing Chelsea right after the Blues loss to Bournemouth. Chelsea took it all out in that 5-0 thrashing just now.

Longfellow

How in the world does Bournemouth win 4-0 against Chelsea and then turn around to lose to Cardiff?

beach bum

Quote from: Longfellow on February 02, 2019, 04:37:29 pm
How in the world does Bournemouth win 4-0 against Chelsea and then turn around to lose to Cardiff?

I think I saw where Bournemouth have the most staggering difference between points at home and the road... This week was certainly an example.

And I know us, Costa Rica, and Panama were all playing B teams this week.... But how about the new man in charge starting out with 3-0 over Panama and 2-0 over Costa Rica today. The midfield looks much more active in this new system we play.

AirWarren

Quote from: Longfellow on February 02, 2019, 04:37:29 pm

Embarrassing loss to Bournemouth.

AirWarren

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas