• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dierks AD/Head Football vacancy...

Started by tacklethis..., April 12, 2022, 08:38:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tacklethis...

dirty mike

Came as a surprise to me, and I am sure to many others.  I just dont see Coach Fannin leaving for DeQueen unless someone on the inside did something to upset him.  Only other reason would maybe be the money????

tacklethis...

Quote from: dirty mike on April 13, 2022, 02:45:37 pmCame as a surprise to me, and I am sure to many others.  I just dont see Coach Fannin leaving for DeQueen unless someone on the inside did something to upset him.  Only other reason would maybe be the money????

More money and Zero expectations to win in football...

YouKnowUno

Will Binkley be stepping into the role since Fanning is leaving?

youhavenoidea

Heard whole staff is leaving...at least actual football coaches

youhavenoidea

Quote from: tacklethis... on April 14, 2022, 06:18:20 amMore money and Zero expectations to win in football...
With the upgrades to facilities DeQueen has made the last few years...I'm going to say somebody has some expectations to win

Barracuda

They should give the old Mineral Springs/Stuttgart coach Vince Perrin a call.

dirty mike

It would just be tough to take a job knowing you're going to go 0-10 or 1-9 every year. Even for good money. Parents and fans will always have expectations.... Too many arm chair quarterbacks out there.

youhavenoidea

Quote from: Barracuda on April 14, 2022, 10:47:48 amThey should give the old Mineral Springs/Stuttgart coach Vince Perrin a call.
He's already been to Dierks

purpleswag

tacklethis...

Quote from: YouKnowUno on April 14, 2022, 09:23:11 amWill Binkley be stepping into the role since Fanning is leaving?

I'm afraid football would be over at Dierks if that happened due to lack of participation....

tacklethis...

Quote from: youhavenoidea on April 14, 2022, 10:24:32 amWith the upgrades to facilities DeQueen has made the last few years...I'm going to say somebody has some expectations to win

Please dont forget that soccer is also played on that new turf field and that is what brings the fans, players, and the trophies....

hoggystyle

I've been told that Chad Morris has applied.  8)

thisnthat

Quote from: tacklethis... on April 15, 2022, 06:53:41 amPlease dont forget that soccer is also played on that new turf field and that is what brings the fans, players, and the trophies....

Just guessing, but I bet the there are more boys out for HS soccer than there are for football at Dequeen (if not more it's probably close because at one time Dequeen had 20 kids per grade on the HS team)  Not sure how many other HS can say that is the case...

youhavenoidea

Quote from: tacklethis... on April 15, 2022, 06:53:41 amPlease dont forget that soccer is also played on that new turf field and that is what brings the fans, players, and the trophies....
I wasn't forgetting...but was talking football not soccer,...plus I'd be interested how much work the soccer coach put in to getting turf...soccer usually prefer a grass pitch to play on

youhavenoidea

tacklethis...

Quote from: youhavenoidea on April 18, 2022, 09:01:09 amI wasn't forgetting...but was talking football not soccer,...plus I'd be interested how much work the soccer coach put in to getting turf...soccer usually prefer a grass pitch to play on

The soccer coach knows about as much about football as soccer. He is basically the bus driver...

thisnthat

Quote from: tacklethis... on April 19, 2022, 12:27:09 pmThe soccer coach knows about as much about football as soccer. He is basically the bus driver...

This made me laugh - saw Dequeen play about 4-5 yrs ago and one of their coaches was trying to get a player to break down in front of their opponent like a defensive back.  Can only imagine what the player was thinking

YouKnowUno

Quote from: youhavenoidea on April 14, 2022, 09:32:13 amHeard whole staff is leaving...at least actual football coaches
Why would the rest of the staff be leaving? No upcoming talent or problems inside the district?

tacklethis...

Quote from: YouKnowUno on April 21, 2022, 07:32:21 amWhy would the rest of the staff be leaving? No upcoming talent or problems inside the district?

The offensive coordinator has been known to follow Coach Fannin. The Defensive coordinator was really just doing it help out Coach Fannin. He had already stopped coaching softball a few years back. Just helped out in football the last couple of years as a favor.

YouKnowUno

Anyone heard a time line for the hire? Or at least candidates for the job?

79 south

purplechaos46

Paul Ernest, currently Dean of Students & Head Football at Mineral Springs, has been hired.

Pat Swilling

I thought David Bennett was the HFC at MS?

HorseFeathers

YouKnowUno

purpleswag

Hooten's lists David Bennett as head coach at Mineral

YouKnowUno

tacklethis...

Quote from: purpleswag on May 05, 2022, 10:22:01 amHooten's lists David Bennett as head coach at Mineral

Just like Hootens rankings they know very little about what is actually going on in 2A football. Ernest was the HC at Mineral last year.

Barracuda

Quote from: tacklethis... on May 05, 2022, 12:34:30 pmJust like Hootens rankings they know very little about what is actually going on in 2A football. Ernest was the HC at Mineral last year.
Confirmed

YouKnowUno

No need to be rears about it. Last I had heard Bennett was the head coach. When did the changed take place? In the last few years there has not been a coaching changed list in Fearless for Mineral Springs.

dirty mike

I believe Paul was OC last year with Bennett as HC at Mineral Springs. Paul took the head role this past season.

dirty mike

On another note, thoughts on Paul Ernest? Doesn't have the best record on his resume. Apart from other things, wins and losses are definitely important.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas