• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A East region at Hazen

Started by BigLion10, February 21, 2016, 09:39:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MomaLion

Quote from: bigworm on February 27, 2016, 12:47:26 pm
A foul in the first qtr that is missed is no different than a foul at the end of the game that is missed. I hate it when someone is mugged at the end and it's a no call but I like it when they let the players decide the game. Officiating has been so inconsistent but there is nothing new about that. Been that way all year. Why should we expect any less. I watched several games without a dog in the fight and I didn't see any favoritism. Just inconsistency.
I really didn't see specific favoritism but they seemed to favor one team over the other in each game I watched..they were very inconsistent.

bigworm

Quote from: MomaLion on February 27, 2016, 01:50:48 pm
I really didn't see specific favoritism but they seemed to favor one team over the other in each game I watched..they were very inconsistent.

Isn't that favoritism?

Bigditchlion

From what I've seen just inconsistent. Perception comes into play with favoritism imo. If you are letting this call go in the first half then let it go the whole game don't call it in the 4th qtr.

MomaLion

Quote from: bigworm on February 27, 2016, 01:52:24 pm
Isn't that favoritism?
I meant that I didn't notice one specific team favored over all others.

RedWolf275

Any consolation scores down there?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: RedWolf275 on February 27, 2016, 02:37:00 pm
Any consolation scores down there?

Girls
Mountain Pine beat Magnet cove

Boys
Mount Ida beat Kipp delta

Pick_DA_EAGLES

It is very entertaining to just sit and watch the games without caring who wins or loses.

The magnet cove and mount ida fans are the WHINEIEST people I have ever seen. Every trip down the floor they were fouled and going the other way the other team traveled. 

Fricking hilarious!

jbtiger73

Me and my friend Cedric Houston on our way now to hazen to the game. Get at us when we arrive. Dont text and drive. Lol.

Countryboy5

bigworm

Congrats to buck. They beat us at every aspect.

Bigditchlion

Congrats tigers! You were better tonight. See you again at state

BigLion10

Congrats to the lady lions of England and Tigers of Brinkley for winning the east region. Lady Indians and lions have nothing to be ashamed off played hard

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Great game, great atmosphere.  Brinkley played good defense and made some timely shots. For England, Thompson didn't touch the ball no where near enough. Too many jump shots.

Not sure how many people were in the gym, but that was within probably 50 people of maximum capacity.

JimmyTiger2001

Congratulations to the Brinkley Tigers! The pride of Monroe County!!

Tigerpride37

Yes sir !!!!

Congratulations tigers !!

Hats off to England great Game

mtindian42

Congrats to the Tigers... Keep your head up lions get back to the drawing board

I got the lady lions right lol...

Daggum you buck town.. You cost me again! Lmbo

JimmyTiger2001

Ventman

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 27, 2016, 09:02:45 pm
Great game, great atmosphere.  Brinkley played good defense and made some timely shots. For England, Thompson didn't touch the ball no where near enough. Too many jump shots.

Not sure how many people were in the gym, but that was within probably 50 people of maximum capacity.
I agree pick, BJ needed the ball on the low post for sure but great job to Brinkley for keeping it away from him in the second half. Two great games tonight. To bad that state is at the duke, that's to far for me to drive.

MomaLion

Congratulations Tigers and way to represent the 6!!!

keohog

Congrats to England Lady Lions and to Brinkley Tigers.

Bigditchlion

Hats off to hazen for a great regional tournament! Facilities are great and great atmosphere. Hope yall get the state tournament next year.

TeamTiger

Congulations to the Brinkley Tigers and to the Lady Lions! Great games were played by both teams. England crowd was loud and Brinkley crowd showed up! We are proud of our Mighty Tigers!!!!! ;D

bigworm

Yes. Both crowds were pretty rowdy. Was a fun one. Brinkley is tuff. Gonna be an excellent semi final battle between yall and the nation. We will see one of ya in hot springs.  ;)

Lions84

ladylionmom

Hazen did a great job hosting Regionals. Facility was nice and clean. Friendly and professional staff. Food was good as well. You put a lot of hard work into the event and just want you to know it didn't go unnoticed. Thank you!

Bildo

Quote from: mustang12 on February 25, 2016, 08:38:40 pm
So what's the excuse the last 2-3 years where the 5 has had their way with the 6 on the girls side when the top girls team has rolled through the conference and got swept or only 1 team got through?...the only team that stands out was that Brinkley girls team a few years back. Carlisles been loaded for a while now but when's the last time they've made the tournament and either won or shared the conference title?

How did the Clarendon girls game turn out?
I would not say that Carlisle has been loaded for a while. They are young... very young in 2014-2015.They will have graduated two seniors total (one each year) for the past two years. The sr. in 2014-2015, didn't see a lot of playing time. They are young and have proven to be better than most in a weak conference. The two sophomores from this year will provide a good foundation in the upcoming years and also help the seniors in next years class go deep into state. The lack of competition is really hurting when playing close games like the one against Magnet in Regionals. it seemed to take its toll on the young team. There is no substitute for experience. I would have liked to have seen the last call of the game be made as a foul, but that is not the reason why the Lady Bison didn't prevail. Too many missed shots missed and easy baskets given up late. I think they will learn from this and grow. Barring injuries next year, I like their chances to have a great season. Nothing against Magnet, they have a good team, I just think the best team didn't come out on top that night. But that's why you play the game...

Lions84

Tough ending of the season to the Clarendon teams !

MomaLion

Tough for the seniors but still a winning season so not so bad...we will reload and be better than ever.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas