• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A East region at Hazen

Started by BigLion10, February 21, 2016, 09:39:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BigLion10

February 21, 2016, 09:39:11 am Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 08:37:57 pm by HF
Alright it's regional time again please post schedule scores and comments here

BOYS BRACKET

GIRLS BRACKET

Yak

I have not seen too many other teams and their conferences play. I have seen the 5AA. In the girls, it reminds me of the SEC...tough from top to just about the bottom. Any team can win on any given night (Poyen over Mt Pine, Mt Pine over England*, Magnet Cove over Mt Pine, *England not beat in conference until championship of district). And some of the teams they played outside of conference-England at JC Westside and several other top schools, Mt Pine at Two Rivers, Mineral Springs, etc with wins, Poyen at Jessieville, Magnet Cove at Spring Hill, Ft Lake, etc. Tough scheduling for these teams.

Bigditchlion

I have to agree, the 5-2a girls are battle tested for sure. Was very impressed by MP keeping their composure when the wheels looked like they were coming off. Beating england is an achievement that they should be proud of but don't stop there, let's hope for a rematch in regional.

Boys side will be hard to predict. Brinkley is tough!

bigworm

February 21, 2016, 03:38:35 pm #3 Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 07:19:52 pm by bigworm
 :'(

Bigditchlion

Why the sad face worm? I'm Waiting for the 6 posters to fire up. Come on it will be Wednesday before you know it.

bigworm

I started this thread and biglion stole it!

I think the 5 sweeps the girls regional.

England and 3 teams from the 6 take the boys.

But I could be wrong. MI has potential to win first round But I think clarendon gets it done.

BigLion10

twentyfour

What's yall thoughts on the Magnet cove  vs Carlisle match up.

keohog

Quote from: wormy24 on February 21, 2016, 10:05:01 pm
What's yall thoughts on the Magnet cove  vs Carlisle match up.
Magnet always gets better as the year goes on and this year is no different. I think they will get the W.

MomaLion

Quote from: bigworm on February 21, 2016, 09:58:07 pm
I started this thread and biglion stole it!

I think the 5 sweeps the girls regional.

England and 3 teams from the 6 take the boys.

But I could be wrong. MI has potential to win first round But I think clarendon gets it done.
I don't think the 5 sweeps girls but they will all be tough. Clarendon has to pay better against MI than they did against Kipp...which they can definitely do.

bigworm

MI is dangerous. That is if they get hot. They can shoot it from anywhere and they are quick to get the shot off. MI point guard (TJ Wilson) may be a little banged up. Rolled an ankle but hobbled thru to finish the game last night. But if they can't shoot it's over for em. I still think the 5 sweeps the girls.

MomaLion

Carlisle and Clarendon will put up a fight I girls for sure...Clarendon lost a starter before district and that's affected us but they will pull it together.
As for boys, any of the 4 teams from the 6 will be a tough out. I think boys and girls split pretty evenly.

Ventman

I'm like bigworm. I can see the 5 taking the girls side. Carlisle will have to play very well to beat MC. I believe the boys side will be England and three teams from the 6.

Bigditchlion

Mt Ida and magnet are tougher than ya think. Better guard the perimeter because they can fill it up!!! One of these 2 I see upsetting someone.

bigworm

Carlisle can beat magnet. and they just might do it. but if magnet plays as good as they have lately it will be tuff to do.

bigworm

My gosh, this is so boring! England is gonna beat the holy crap out of whoever we play in the regional!!

bigworm

Will some of you hazen posters please post some trash talk for your 6 2A foes. Feel free to jump in at any time too, pick.

purplehajj

Sorry worm we have no dogs in this fight may have to swing by and watch England boys

bigworm

I figured jb may jump in sooner or later but I guess this basketball don't bring em out like the gridiron does.

Tigerpride37

February 22, 2016, 08:21:21 pm #19 Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 08:27:13 pm by Tigerpride37
My pick to come out the first round for the boys are: brinkley,Clarendon,England,Kipp Delta
For the girls : Carlisle, England ,mountain pine,Clarendon

The Bear

February 22, 2016, 08:22:07 pm #20 Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 09:12:04 pm by The Bear
T

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bigworm on February 22, 2016, 07:51:05 pm
Will some of you hazen posters please post some trash talk for your 6 2A foes. Feel free to jump in at any time too, pick.

I been on the Earle thread all day getting called a racist, so I been occupied. I kinda figure the region will be boring to, especially the first rounds. England-Augusta has potential to be a good one

Mustangfans

Quote from: bigworm on February 22, 2016, 07:51:05 pm
bigworm, I'm not from hazen or from 2a-6, but thought I'd help y'all out some. Just concentrate on Regionals because that's as far as anyone in this region is going. 2a-3 has got state locked up!

Bigditchlion

Looks like 3 is gonna nibble!! Augusta tell us how you plan to defend the 3 and dunking machine of England? Guess people don't want to give England any bulletin board material. It's ok though. We respect all of the 6! Very athletic and will be fast paced for sure. Go lions!

bigworm

Quote from: Mustangfans on February 22, 2016, 08:50:45 pm
bigworm, I'm not from hazen or from 2a-6, but thought I'd help y'all out some. Just concentrate on Regionals because that's as far as anyone in this region is going. 2a-3 has got state locked up!

That's the spirit!!

Pick, now that u say it you could be mistaken for a racist with all that hair down in your eyes!! Haha. But I know you ain't.

Mustangfans

Quote from: bigworm on February 22, 2016, 09:58:48 pm
That's the spirit!!

Pick, now that u say it you could be mistaken for a racist with all that hair down in your eyes!! Haha. But I know you ain't.
Lol, bigworm I'm playing instigator the rest of the season since Bill Taylor and the boys blew it.

bigworm

I'm assuming your a BIC Mustang?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bigworm on February 22, 2016, 09:58:48 pm
That's the spirit!!

If not for the hair, he would probably call me a skin head too. Lol

Cheek

If. Wilson is out for MI,  Clarendon's game got alot easier. 

Mustangfans

bigworm

Quote from: Mustangfans on February 22, 2016, 10:43:22 pm
I am.

If I lived within a reasonable distance from BIC, I would come to every game just to watch yall warm up. It's awesome.

MomaLion

Quote from: Bigditchlion on February 22, 2016, 09:09:31 pm
Looks like 3 is gonna nibble!! Augusta tell us how you plan to defend the 3 and dunking machine of England? Guess people don't want to give England any bulletin board material. It's ok though. We respect all of the 6! Very athletic and will be fast paced for sure. Go lions!
Augusta's big guy will stop the dunks unless he gets in foul trouble...he's playing more aggressive lately.

MomaLion

Quote from: Cheek on February 22, 2016, 10:34:38 pm
If. Wilson is out for MI,  Clarendon's game got alot easier.
Any word on that...we could use a break lol.

MomaLion

Quote from: MomaLion on February 23, 2016, 12:29:13 am
Any word on that...we could use a break lol.
OH geez, that sounded awful...didn't mean break as in broken bone...never want anyone to be injured...sorry if that came across wrong  :(

Lions84

Mustangfans

Quote from: bigworm on February 22, 2016, 11:14:03 pm
If I lived within a reasonable distance from BIC, I would come to every game just to watch yall warm up. It's awesome.
As most people know the Bill Taylor era at BIC is over. Each coach has their own way they want the team to warm up. I hope whoever is the next coach will build off of what's already in place.

HorseFeathers

I'll take....

Boys
Brinkley
Clarendon
England
Kipp Delta

Finals---England over Clarendon
Consolation--Brinkley over Kipp

Girls
Carlisle
England
Mountain Pine
Poyen

Finals--England over Mountain Pine
Consolation---Poyen over Carlisle

bigworm

Quote from: Mustangfans on February 23, 2016, 10:37:06 am
As most people know the Bill Taylor era at BIC is over. Each coach has their own way they want the team to warm up. I hope whoever is the next coach will build off of what's already in place.

I didn't know that. hate to hear it.

Mustangfans

He's retiring. I do wish the east good luck at state. I hope England and Earle get to play each other. That will probably be the best girls game in the whole tournament.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Where can I find the bracket at?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 23, 2016, 11:21:22 am
Where can I find the bracket at?

Opening post....it's linked, if your using the app you might have to open full site on your browser

Cheek

Quote from: Mustangfans on February 23, 2016, 11:07:23 am
He's retiring. I do wish the east good luck at state. I hope England and Earle get to play each other. That will probably be the best girls game in the whole tournament.

If Earle is a one player show, it will not be much of a game.  The freshman will have trouble because they will deny her the ball and when she gets the ball, they will swarm her like bees.   She will have a sad night.   

Mustangfans

Quote from: Cheek on February 23, 2016, 01:20:19 pm
If Earle is a one player show, it will not be much of a game.  The freshman will have trouble because they will deny her the ball and when she gets the ball, they will swarm her like bees.   She will have a sad night.
Earle isn't at all a one player show. Earle was a good team. She makes them a better team. She just joined the Sr high girls after the Jr high district tournament. I don't foresee her having a sad night. She's a team player through and through. She'll have 8-10 assists a game.

Cheek

Quote from: Mustangfans on February 23, 2016, 02:54:07 pm
Earle isn't at all a one player show. Earle was a good team. She makes them a better team. She just joined the Sr high girls after the Jr high district tournament. I don't foresee her having a sad night. She's a team player through and through. She'll have 8-10 assists a game.

There is a chance we could matchup in the 1st round of State, but we both have to win that first game.  Could be a good game. 

Mustangfans

Quote from: Cheek on February 23, 2016, 03:03:42 pm
There is a chance we could matchup in the 1st round of State, but we both have to win that first game.  Could be a good game.
From what I've heard about the England girls and what I've seen from the Earle girls it will be a tough battle for both teams. One I will endure the sardine can, they call the Marmduke gym, to watch!!

jbtiger73

Im heeeeeere. But seriously though. I've only been to a few games this year. Kids and work keepin me busy. I'll definitely try to make it to at least a couple of the regional games, assuming we make it that far of course. In which I think we have the depth and talent to make it very deep into the tourney. That's the crazy part about the state tourney. Different styles clash. And some teams cant handle it. Its always been a knock on the teams from south or east Arkansas. Look at what happened with clarendon last season with only losing one game during the regular season. That's what scares me about us. Definitely have the talent, depth and coaching to go all the way. But we do have those mental lapses that can hurt us against a more disciplined and ball controlled oriented team. Almost hurt us against kipp after having a big lead going into the 4th qtr. But im definitely proud of our guys and those Sr's for having a great season up to this point. Just hope we can keep the ball rolling.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Mustangfans on February 23, 2016, 02:54:07 pm
They sure arent a one girl show. Only reason they were a 4 seed was becasue of the forfiets. And at one point against Duke they had three girls trap her and she dribbled through them like they way practice cones.

chickasaw fan

Earle is pretty weak outside of Roe. They have size but need a lot of work. I'm not sure they can beat marmduke again. Should be a good game on Friday nite.

Bildo

As I stated on the PW district thread, Mt Pine and England girls are the favorites. Their first round games shouldn't pose any problems so the pressure is basically off as far as making it to state. They will be able to focus on other things. If Poyen lets Clarendon hang around, they will have problems. Carlisle and Magnet should be a dog fight. As far as boys go, three teams from the 6 SHOULD make it, but you never know

BigLion10

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas