• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Coaches

Started by Old school, February 19, 2016, 01:18:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Missco

Blytheville is open. The AD is actively looking and watching local coaches. Their could be a few openings in the area. The coach at Gosnell just committed for one year.

Mustangfans

Quote from: RedWolf275 on February 23, 2016, 01:48:38 pm
Is Yates being forced out? I do know BIC pays pretty good.
I don't think so.

RedWolf275

Marmaduke is not in the same mixed bs as EPC and Earle. But EPC and Marmaduke are in 2A-2 tourney while Earle is 2a-3.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: Mustangfans on February 23, 2016, 02:57:16 pm
I don't think so.

Don't think so either. I think he would like a chance with the Boys &  the Ad job will be open too.

Mustangfans

Having a daughter that plays basketball it would be great to have Coach Fowler back!!

bdubyab60

Quote from: RedWolf275 on February 23, 2016, 03:00:30 pm
Marmaduke is not in the same mixed bs as EPC and Earle. But EPC and Marmaduke are in 2A-2 tourney while Earle is 2a-3.
Marmaduke is still going to play EPC, MT and BIC twice next year is what I was told since all 4 drop in to the 2A-2. Duke probably doesnt play Earle.

redrider30

February 23, 2016, 04:15:44 pm #56 Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 04:18:35 pm by redrider30
It's not a drop just different 2A district. Earle will still be in the region.

redrider30

Sorry to tell you Stanley is not coming back. He has a great program going at Batesville and wife's family all there.

redrider30

Marmaduke, EPC, MT and BIC will play twice as will Salem, Sloan Hendrix, Flippin and Cotter. Each side will be matched up for the district based on the record from those 8 games.

bdubyab60

Quote from: redrider30 on February 23, 2016, 04:15:44 pm
It's not a drop just different 2A district. Earle will still be in the region.
yeah I guess the wrong word there. Gues it would be when they move to post season play. Basically regular season play is just for the sake of playing and seeding. We had a thread on this earlier. It will all be clear when the schedules come out for next year.

Ill just go where the games are at.

bdubyab60

Quote from: redrider30 on February 23, 2016, 04:22:24 pm
Marmaduke, EPC, MT and BIC will play twice as will Salem, Sloan Hendrix, Flippin and Cotter. Each side will be matched up for the district based on the record from those 8 games.
Yep. And then you play the others in your division twice correct. Which for EPC, MT and BIC includes Earle and Bay.

RedWolf275

There are only 3 2A regions next year and a 12 team state.

RedWolf275

I'd rather be on that west side in this scenario. Much easier to have a good record as competition is weaker.

birddawg1986

Quote from: Mustangfans on February 23, 2016, 03:25:31 pm
Having a daughter that plays basketball it would be great to have Coach Fowler back!!
BIC should have taken care of Fowler but when Bill came back he played second fiddle. Dang good girls coach.

bdubyab60

Quote from: RedWolf275 on February 23, 2016, 04:39:34 pm
I'd rather be on that west side in this scenario. Much easier to have a good record as competition is weaker.
A lot of upsets at district lol

NeaBaller21

I heard Buster may be interested in the BIC job. Hahahahaha

Mustangfans

Tell me you're kiddin NEA!!

NeaBaller21

Quote from: Mustangfans on February 23, 2016, 06:21:30 pm
Tell me you're kiddin NEA!!
Yeah I am!!  That would be the day  ;D

Mustangfans

Quote from: NeaBaller21 on February 23, 2016, 09:36:28 pm
Yeah I am!!  That would be the day  ;D
I thought so. He likes BIC as much as he likes kidney stones!! He likes Taylor even less. Lol

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: birddawg1986 on February 23, 2016, 05:33:50 pm
BIC should have taken care of Fowler but when Bill came back he played second fiddle. Dang good girls coach.

Can't argue that for sure

Mustangfans

Heard through the grapevine this evening that Middlebrook from CR was very interested in filling the shoes of BT.

mtindian42

What was middlebrooks before the reaves boys come along? Some times players can make a coach look good...

He didn't do much coaching in the nea... He said give the ball to reaves and get out of the way... Lol

I could win games with Austin reaves as well...

bdubyab60

He had some pretty good teams before they moved up. Every coach has to have talent to win big. Where is  Wilburn without Miles and Griffin. It's what you do with those players. He's got one he rides that horse.

I don't care how good of a coach you are, you aren't going to win titles without good players. Yeah you can coach kids up but you gotta have a couple of studs. Not saying that gotta be college level but very good high school players.

It's the coaches that don't win when they have players like that, that I would be wary of.

mtindian42

Bic has talent... They allways do. So maybe he can do good there.

Them reaves boys made his job a lot easier Is all I'm saying...

Mustangfans

Quote from: mtindian42 on February 24, 2016, 10:59:30 pm

I do agree with you mt. The Reaves and Crabtree's has made him look real good the past 5 years.  I didn't see him doing much coaching at NEA. Then again maybe that was his game plan. Put it in Reaves' hand and let him go.

bdubyab60

February 25, 2016, 06:45:06 am #75 Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 06:52:50 am by bdubyab60
Quote from: mtindian42 on February 24, 2016, 10:59:30 pm

Name me a coach that's won anything without good players. And id say any coach that's win a state title has at least one player that makes their job easier. Miles ring a bell.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Mustangfans on February 24, 2016, 11:52:12 pm
I do agree with you mt. The Reaves and Crabtree's has made him look real good the past 5 years.  I didn't see him doing much coaching at NEA. Then again maybe that was his game plan. Put it in Reaves' hand and let him go.
And that's even BT mustang. I'm not saying he's the greatest coach of a time but I think he's a decent coach. Crap he's only had two players on the bench those years as well. Like I said its when they don't win with those kinds of players. You don't think BT would do the same. Oh wait remember Pike from the past couple years. He gave him free reign to do whatever. He would put him at the top and tell him to go get it. A good coach adapts to what he's got.

BoxNOne

That's a good point Bdub. On another note is it ethical for a coach whose team is still playing (Middlebrooks) to be talking to another school about their job.

bdubyab60

Quote from: BoxNOne on February 25, 2016, 06:53:24 am
That's a good point Bdub. On another note is it ethical for a coach whose team is still playing (Middlebrooks) to be talking to another school about their job.
Box how many state titles does Buster have if any. I'm just wondering. Cause many including myself consider him to be a great coach.

BT has 3 and look at the players that were on those teams is what I'm saying. Once you get on the sideline it's about managing/controlling the game and your players. Making the right calls. Even if that's hey superstar go get me a bucket. But there are coaches out there that wouldn't have won a title with those players and wouldn't have won as many games without those players.

The coaches that win aren't just good coaches they have to have the talent too. Then there are those that underachieve with talent and that is my point. He didn't underachieve with the talent he's had as far as I know.

BoxNOne

Buster has 0 titles 1 state runnerup in 1989. We've had our share of talent along the way IMO.

BoxNOne

I saw BIC fans at district wearing BT tee shirts that said he had won 19 conference championships out of 30 years of coaching. That is stout. Seems like he  has kind of run off the rails the last few years as far as his antics go but it's hard to question his coaching ability. He is one of the best. You EPC guys have witnessed that this year as talent wise there is no way BIC should have beaten you guys twice.

bdubyab60

Quote from: BoxNOne on February 25, 2016, 07:17:38 am
I saw BIC fans at district wearing BT tee shirts that said he had won 19 conference championships out of 30 years of coaching. That is stout. Seems like he  has kind of run off the rails the last few years as far as his antics go but it's hard to question his coaching ability. He is one of the best. You EPC guys have witnessed that this year as talent wise there is no way BIC should have beaten you guys twice.
Thats my point. Teams with decent talent and a good coach can when some games. Need a special player here and there to push them over the top. BT has won a lot of games that's for sure. BIC always has some decent BB players but you can tell when you got that special talent on your team that can can be a true contender.

But it's true there are some coaches who have talent and just sit on the sideline seems like and let's the players do whatever. I don't think Middlebrooks is that type of coach. But he's just got two players this year and tells them to go win him games. I could be wrong.

Back in the first Monk era as good as that team was only won one state final. I believe if EPC hadn't of changed coaches they never would have won one either.

BoxNOne

It is hard to win it all but top notch coaches can push their talented teams to win it. Of course a break hear or there helps too.

bdubyab60

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

I can't remember the last time BIC didn't have a team in the regional tournament. Boys or girls one is always in there. This year it seemed to me the boys didn't listen to what Coach was trying to get them to do not all but a couple tried to do things on their own & it cost them. Some games they played well together & won games maybe they shouldn't have..Boys need some chemistry to be better next year.  The girls..  I felt Coach Yates did a good job with them. I fell they will be better next year. 

Mustangfans

Of all the coaches names that has been brought up in the rumor mill Middlebrook is the most likely candidate. The only thing that's for certain is BT won't be the coach. Box and bdub everything y'all have said is very true. Middlebrook's coaching has won a lot. Like I said in another thread it took a coach like Phil Jackson to give the best player in nba history his first championship.

sports03

I know the Johnson County Westside girls basketball coaching position will be open next year.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: BoxNOne on February 25, 2016, 06:53:24 am

heard it was just rumor. He has not been contacted or has he contacted anyone.

candy

Johnson county Westside job has not been decided yet for next year

sports03

Quote from: candy on February 29, 2016, 06:25:03 pm
Johnson county Westside job has not been decided yet for next year

I do know for a fact it is open.  The coach there now is on an interim basis for this season only.  Its not been posted yet due to the team still playing but they will hire a new coach for next season. 

AT

Quote from: sports03 on February 29, 2016, 08:12:02 pm
I do know for a fact it is open.  The coach there now is on an interim basis for this season only.  Its not been posted yet due to the team still playing but they will hire a new coach for next season.

This is not a fact.

AT

Quote from: sports03 on March 01, 2016, 05:56:23 pm
Yes it is.

I'm not going to get into a back and forth here, but it really isn't a fact. It's far from it actually. This is the last I'll say about it but I don't want false information spreading on this.

groundgame

Where are you getting your info on westside girls job being open, there has been no posting or opening of this position, please don't spread rumors when they are still playing for a state championship

sports03

Quote from: groundgame on March 01, 2016, 09:24:25 pm
Where are you getting your info on westside girls job being open, there has been no posting or opening of this position, please don't spread rumors when they are still playing for a state championship

I got my information from a school board member and as I said in an earlier post it was not posted because the girls were still playing.  I was not or am not spreading rumors I do know what I am talking about and below is the post for the job.
Job Details

Job ID: 2456424
Application Deadline: Posted until Filled
Posted: March 11, 2016
Starting Date: August 1, 2016
Job Description

The Westside School District is accepting applications for teacher/coach (7-12 Social Studies/OC – Girls Basketball Coach 7-12, Assistant Jr. and Sr. Boys Basketball Coach, Sr. Girls & Boys Golf Coach, Assistant Softball or Baseball) for the 2016-17 school year. Applicants must have appropriate education and certification by the Arkansas Department of Education. Interested applicants must complete a certified application that can be found online at www.westsiderebels.net. Applications will be accepted until filled.

JCWLADYREBELDAD

This job may be posted but hopefully if Coach McBee will get to coach the Sr. Girls again next year if he wants them. I have been told that all of the Sr. Girls have signed a letter that one of the girls had written requesting that he get to continue to get to be their coach. The letter was written to the administration and the school board and turned in to the administration. And tonight he was just selected by the Ft. Smith Radio Group as the Arkansas High School Girls Coach of the Year. This couldn't have been given to a better man or coach. Hopefully the school administration and school board will do what is right and allow him to keep the Sr. Girls if that is what he wants to do. He has earned it and it wouldn't look very good on the administration and school board if they don't. It might even make good coaches think twice about coming to a school that would treat a long time coach at their school in that manner. Let's hope they make the right decision.

b-ball fan

Any timetable on the Westside job being filled, or any news on it?

JCWLADYREBELDAD

Haven't heard anything about a timetable but hopefully they, the administration and school board, will give it to Coach McBee. He more than deserves it.

sports03

Quote from: b-ball fan on March 28, 2016, 08:33:56 am
Any timetable on the Westside job being filled, or any news on it?

Tomorrow is the last day they will be accepting applications and will start interviewing soon.  I am looking forward to see who the new coach will be as I know the interim coach is not in the running for the job.

candy

Really so he's not even get to interview for the job?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas