• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Coaches

Started by Old school, February 19, 2016, 01:18:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OB11

Quote from: Oldref on May 02, 2016, 01:03:13 pm
Just heard BIC still going to be looking for a new coach. Never really thought middlebrooks wanted the job to start with and it looks like he has found another position he liked better.  Just never know how things will shake out these days. Stay tuned

Did they have a second choice in mind when they offered Middlebrooks?  Anyone know?

bdubyab60

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on May 02, 2016, 10:57:55 am
Yes Mckenzie (spelling?) Pierce. He was at EPC last year.
I heard it too just havent been on here enough to post it. Both positions now open at EPC by what Im told.

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: Head Lion on May 01, 2016, 12:05:33 pm
Our school is trying to compete with schools who "recruit", private schools and such. The only possible way to have success with average talent is to outwork other people.

This one made me actually laugh out loud and shake my head at the same time.  If you really think that public schools don't recruit like private schools do than you're wearing blinders.  With school choice now, I've seen more kids move from public to public a lot more than you do public to private.  Was it an issue a few years ago?  Yes, but since kids are punished for going to a private school by sitting out a full year if they don't enroll into the private school before their 7th grade year, most kids that move to play sports are going to choose another public school.

Head Lion

Quote from: bluegrassboy75 on May 03, 2016, 09:19:41 am
This one made me actually laugh out loud and shake my head at the same time.  If you really think that public schools don't recruit like private schools do than you're wearing blinders.  With school choice now, I've seen more kids move from public to public a lot more than you do public to private.  Was it an issue a few years ago?  Yes, but since kids are punished for going to a private school by sitting out a full year if they don't enroll into the private school before their 7th grade year, most kids that move to play sports are going to choose another public school.
This is what I referring to.

birddawg1986

Just seen news release Middlebrooks is leaving BIC and going to Viola. BIC still looking

Churchmouse

heard a nwa coach was interviewed at Buffalo.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Heard an EX GCT coach interviewed. Think he was a JR high coach there.

BoxNOne

If I was a coach, I wouldn't want to go to a school whose fans consistently overestimate their talent level. JMO.

Oldref

Quote from: BICMUSTANG4LIFE on May 07, 2016, 01:26:01 pm
Heard an EX GCT coach interviewed. Think he was a JR high coach there.
LOL..... if he finds out you called him a Jr High coach you will probably be getting off on the wrong foot with him. Lets just say if they hire  him it will be the second guy to leave NWA headed to BIC in the past few years. BT did have to make a stop in Manila while waiting on BIC to come open. This coach is trying to make it a direct flight if they hire him. 

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

May 09, 2016, 08:34:24 am #159 Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 08:38:58 am by BICMUSTANG4LIFE
Quote from: Oldref on May 08, 2016, 09:04:34 pm
LOL..... if he finds out you called him a Jr High coach you will probably be getting off on the wrong foot with him. Lets just say if they hire  him it will be the second guy to leave NWA headed to BIC in the past few years. BT did have to make a stop in Manila while waiting on BIC to come open. This coach is trying to make it a direct flight if they hire him.

Oldref, I could care less what foot I get off with him.  I'm just saying what I was told. And that was he coached the Jr high team when he was at GCT.  It will be a few years before my grandson gets up old enough to play by then will have another Coach or maybe I'll be back on the other foot. :)

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: BoxNOne on May 08, 2016, 08:43:10 pm
If I was a coach, I wouldn't want to go to a school whose fans consistently overestimate their talent level. JMO.

Dang Box they came out of the blue.  Someone must have ticked you off at the baseball game. lol!!

redrider30

Has Coach Bowlin been spotted in Monette yet?

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: redrider30 on May 09, 2016, 11:27:17 am

That's who I thought at first but then I was told it was the other guy.   So I'm not sure about that.
But I would not be surprised.

Real deal

I hope this happens!!  ;D

Oldref

Quote from: redrider30 on May 09, 2016, 11:27:17 am

Think he has been coming under the cover of darkness    LOL

What are the odds of two former Springdale coaches ending up at BIC?

Silky Johnson

Bill was at Springdale and Bowlin was at Springdale Har-Ber. 2 7A schools in a decent sized city and Bowlin wants to come to small town, USA. Bill Taylor's move at least made sense, is the 7a not all its cracked up to be? If he hadn't had that run at GCT then I could see it but I feel like he would deem 2A ball below his level.

Real deal

Just got unofficial word that BIC will hire the current Jr. High Coach at Greene County Tech, the source told me he had already been hired but I think he might have meant he had been told he was going to be.  No Bowlin to BIC. 

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

I think it's Josh Robin's job if he wants it. 

WhatsUrRingSize

Who has interviewed at EPC for the boys job ?

bdubyab60

Only one that I have heard of so far. Believe they have hired Justin Williams for the girls coach. I think thats his name.

Think Dion Real interviewed for the boys but not sure.

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: bdubyab60 on May 12, 2016, 11:04:17 am
Only one that I have heard of so far. Believe they have hired Justin Williams for the girls coach. I think thats his name.

Think Dion Real interviewed for the boys but not sure.
Real doesn't want it.

bdubyab60

Pat Swilling

is Strong BB job open?

Real deal

Another unofficial report, but word is that Coach Robins has backed out on BIC. 

OB11

Quote from: Real deal on May 18, 2016, 11:36:44 am
Another unofficial report, but word is that Coach Robins has backed out on BIC.

:o

Moonshiner

Sportsjunky

Sounds Like Camden Harmony Grove will be hiring a new Head Basketball coach.  The old coach may be moving into administration after tonight's Board meeting.  I know there is a possibility that it could be tied to English, Math, Science, or PE.

Could be a good job.  The Jr. High has some studs coming up and their in the process of building a brand new gymnasium.

Basketball_101

Heard on the radio where Salem has hired. They are pretty excited about the hire from what i heard on the interview.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: Sportsjunky on May 19, 2016, 09:32:48 am
Sounds Like Camden Harmony Grove will be hiring a new Head Basketball coach.  The old coach may be moving into administration after tonight's Board meeting.  I know there is a possibility that it could be tied to English, Math, Science, or PE.

Could be a good job.  The Jr. High has some studs coming up and their in the process of building a brand new gymnasium.

Knowing what I know about Harmony Grove, this hire will be made strictly on the buddy system. Maybe the superintendents old coaching buddy or someone kin to him. Experience, past success, and knowledge of the game will have nothing to do with this hire. Then in two or three years the process will begin all over again.

Oldref

Quote from: Basketball_101 on May 19, 2016, 10:26:28 am
Heard on the radio where Salem has hired. They are pretty excited about the hire from what i heard on the interview.

Who did they hire?

Sportsjunky

May 20, 2016, 07:28:15 am #180 Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 07:31:38 am by Sportsjunky
Quote from: fann07 on May 19, 2016, 10:30:31 am
Knowing what I know about Harmony Grove, this hire will be made strictly on the buddy system. Maybe the superintendents old coaching buddy or someone kin to him. Experience, past success, and knowledge of the game will have nothing to do with this hire. Then in two or three years the process will begin all over again.

Well, You were spot on with that call.  Superintendent hired his son in the same board meeting that they hired Coach Knight into administration.  Never even advertised.  They also hired the new AD's son to take over coach Knight's Football duties.

Real deal

Unofficial report. Bill taylor back at BIC

Moonshiner

Quote from: Real deal on May 20, 2016, 08:37:10 am

Does BIC and Bay compete for students?  I guess I'm asking if the school districts border each other?

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

No Riverside lays between them.  We do have 2 boys from Monette that have been playing at Bay for a few years. 

Moonshiner

Quote from: BICMUSTANG4LIFE on May 20, 2016, 12:19:32 pm
No Riverside lays between them.  We do have 2 boys from Monette that have been playing at Bay for a few years.

School choice?

2aball

Quote from: Real deal on May 20, 2016, 08:37:10 am

I think it's actually official now isn't it?

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

BoxNOne

Quote from: BICMUSTANG4LIFE on May 09, 2016, 08:40:43 am
Dang Box they came out of the blue.  Someone must have ticked you off at the baseball game. lol!!

Mustang, you are right. I should have said SOME fans overestimate the talent level. No Chip Laynes or Brooks Taylors on the roster right now. But with BT back there could be one by August lol!

Real deal

Quote from: 2aball on May 20, 2016, 08:11:19 pm
I think it's actually official now isn't it?

Yes it is official. Very proud to hear this, the blended conference games will be more fun now.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: Sportsjunky on May 20, 2016, 07:28:15 am
Well, You were spot on with that call.  Superintendent hired his son in the same board meeting that they hired Coach Knight into administration.  Never even advertised.  They also hired the new AD's son to take over coach Knight's Football duties.

Well I don't know if you are from that area or not but if you are you should have excepted nothing else. Camden Harmony Grove is one of the most poorly ran school districts in the state. The superintendent is out to only better himself and or his family/friends, regardless of what is best for the school. Sad part is the board lets him do it. From what I have heard coach Knight had no interest to get into administration and was forced into the position to make room for the sups son. The job was never advertised and no interviews were completed. The sups son has absolutely no experience and in no way should have got the position. Don't you like how the sup pushed that the school had to pass a millage to build a new gym when he knew in the back of his mind they were going to hire his son. This is all coming from a school that claims they cant afford to hire teachers at one of their schools or can't afford a 500 dollar bonus for teachers, yet they can turn one coaching position into an administrative salary and two other coaching positions. Not to mention I also heard the board voted to give him another raise. Craziest thing you have ever seen. BTW, who is the new AD? Don't believe the old one went anywhere. Did he just get resigned as well?         

redwolf99

I have never personally attended Harmony Grove but everyone that I know seems to have the same image as you on this School District. If all of this information is accurate then something really needs to be done about it (possibly new board members that wont allow the sup to run things, or possibly someone needs to contact the state). If the sups son had experience it might be different but considering he doesn't (if the information given is true) then that's just plain wrong. I am always looking at different job postings and never saw the HG job listed as being open. Like I said I don't know much about the District or the situation but I would think that Coach Nix (former Coach @ Emerson) would have applied for this being that it is 20-30 minutes tops from his home in Sparkman and HG would have gotten a great young coach if they had gotten him.

Billie Blue

Monticello has hired EPC girls coach as a head sr.girls and jr girls coach can someone give some information on him what was his record and what kind of coach is he

2aball

Quote from: Billie Blue on May 25, 2016, 10:21:48 pm
Monticello has hired EPC girls coach as a head sr.girls and jr girls coach can someone give some information on him what was his record and what kind of coach is he

He won a lot of games at EPC. Made it to the finals twice, runner-up both times. He's had some pretty good talent to work with at EPC over the years.

BoxNOne

I didn't think he did a very good job last year considering what he had to work with.Jmo.

2aball

Quote from: BoxNOne on May 26, 2016, 04:56:23 pm
I didn't think he did a very good job last year considering what he had to work with.Jmo.

He didn't do a very good job last season. No doubt about that. He had a team that could have made a deep run in state and lost first round of regionals. His total body of work is pretty impressive though.

Billie Blue

Quote from: 2aball on May 26, 2016, 08:17:51 pm
He didn't do a very good job last season. No doubt about that. He had a team that could have made a deep run in state and lost first round of regionals. His total body of work is pretty impressive though.
So what you are saying is that he had a very talented team that didn't make it as far as they should have just wondering because he is going to inherent a very talented sr.girls team that made it to a runner up in the regionals and lost in the first round of state  all with jrs and sophomores on the team so he should inherent all of the team back but you never can tell about kids when they have a new coach coming in

2aball

Quote from: Billie Blue on May 27, 2016, 10:05:55 pm
So what you are saying is that he had a very talented team that didn't make it as far as they should have just wondering because he is going to inherent a very talented sr.girls team that made it to a runner up in the regionals and lost in the first round of state  all with jrs and sophomores on the team so he should inherent all of the team back but you never can tell about kids when they have a new coach coming in

Yes, that's what happened this season. He's had a lot of talented teams in the past that he has taken far though. State Runner-up twice. This year was more the exception and not the rule for him. There was a lot of other stuff going on and I don't think he or the team was completely focused this season. He had a good run at EPC but it was best for both parties to part ways. I fully expect him to be refocused and re-energized at a new school. He should do well there.

Billie Blue

Quote from: 2aball on May 27, 2016, 10:12:59 pm
Yes, that's what happened this season. He's had a lot of talented teams in the past that he has taken far though. State Runner-up twice. This year was more the exception and not the rule for him. There was a lot of other stuff going on and I don't think he or the team was completely focused this season. He had a good run at EPC but it was best for both parties to part ways. I fully expect him to be refocused and re-energized at a new school. He should do well there.
I hope we haven't hired someone that is going to bring some garbage with him because of what I have heard there was some quality coaches that applied

bdubyab60

Quote from: Billie Blue on May 27, 2016, 10:21:43 pm
I hope we haven't hired someone that is going to bring some garbage with him because of what I have heard there was some quality coaches that applied
he left here to get away from that. Some he brought on himself and some of it a few folks around here couldn't let things go. Small town days of our lives crap.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas