• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 conference and district tourneys

Started by bigworm, January 18, 2016, 12:23:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Missco

Regardless, a state like Arkansas doesn't need 7 basketball classes. That is what makes the travel terrible. 5 would be plenty and still 1 to many.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Missco on February 07, 2016, 09:49:04 am
Regardless, a state like Arkansas doesn't need 7 basketball classes. That is what makes the travel terrible. 5 would be plenty and still 1 to many.

I agree....wouldn't hurt my feelings if the combined classes, just became the 4 classes

Missco

BrianfromCarlisle

Had AAAA-B back in the early to mid 90s.

Missco

Ctucker

I would say put 1a and 2a together. 3A and 4a together. 5a and 6a together and leave 7a the way it is and your down to 4 classes.

Silky Johnson

6a and 7a should already be together. 5a,6a,7a in a state tourney wouldn't be bad, all of the pretenders wouldn't make it and it would make more of the games competitive depending on match ups.

Ctucker

That would work then we would be down to 3.

Silky Johnson

I would be fine with 3 or 4 classes with 5,6,7 together. 1a-4a can compete in some cases but some 4a schools resemble a bigger school. Honestly though with 7 tourneys and 14 finals games AAA is making that money.

ballmember

The best idea ever, was to have the week long state tournaments in the schools and let them bid.  It creates a great school atmosphere.   The worst idea was to let bigger schools host for the class a schools---some folks decided it is all about the money instead..  It is all about the schools and they should host the state tourneys.  Will be a great atmosphere at ICC; was a great atmosphere at Hillcrest; Greers Ferry Westside and especially Calico Rock.   Too many media type and others want a central location, it is a one time deal, get over it and drive to a great small school that is willing to volunteer and support small schools.     We sure dont need anymore Barton Coliseums or some college.  Doesnt hurt to not be in your recliner a little while and support the kids in small schools.  I am  more than willing to stand to see a great game.     Would like to see the finals be held at the U of A  and Arkansas State instead of Hot Springs.  Alternate years.   I think this would reward the kids in state to go and participate at these colleges.   

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: ballmember on February 08, 2016, 11:07:05 am
The best idea ever, was to have the week long state tournaments in the schools and let them bid.  It creates a great school atmosphere.   The worst idea was to let bigger schools host for the class a schools---some folks decided it is all about the money instead..  It is all about the schools and they should host the state tourneys.  Will be a great atmosphere at ICC; was a great atmosphere at Hillcrest; Greers Ferry Westside and especially Calico Rock.   Too many media type and others want a central location, it is a one time deal, get over it and drive to a great small school that is willing to volunteer and support small schools.     We sure dont need anymore Barton Coliseums or some college.  Doesnt hurt to not be in your recliner a little while and support the kids in small schools.  I am  more than willing to stand to see a great game.     Would like to see the finals be held at the U of A  and Arkansas State instead of Hot Springs.  Alternate years.   I think this would reward the kids in state to go and participate at these colleges.

Why just U of A and A state? Why not add L.R. and U.A.P.B. too the rotation?  They are D-1 schools as well.

Missco

Arkansas is one of a few that doesnt have its state tournaments at a college in a central location. In MO its the U Of M. In TN it is at MTSU. Illinois is at the U of I.

Silky Johnson

Texas is at UT and Ohio has there finals at Ohio State.

Missco

Yep and good ole Arkansas has state tourneys at bug tussle and happy hollow.

NEAscout100

2a-2 top will be no order
BIC EPC Sloan Marked Tree or Cotter. Don't know how good flippen is and Salem won't be very good niether shall marmaduke.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas