• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JC-Westside Basketball

Started by AT, November 16, 2015, 08:35:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigditchlion

Looks like weather may stop this before it starts

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Bigditchlion on January 20, 2016, 03:30:39 pm
Looks like weather may stop this before it starts

We have gotten no winter weather. You guys are lucky. All I want is a good snow for some late season bow hunting but we have suddenly became the desert and get no precipitation. Smh

BigLion10

I don't think it's suppose to start till about 3 Friday morning or so I saw so we should be good for tomorrow night.

bighurt411

Quote from: BigLion10 on January 20, 2016, 05:27:41 pm
I don't think it's suppose to start till about 3 Friday morning or so I saw so we should be good for tomorrow night.
I hope you are right about the weather. I have been looking forward to this game for a long time.

BigLion10

AT

I will hear pretty quickly after a decision is made and post on here if I get a chance. They will make a decision before noon since the girls will probably leave not too long after lunch.

AT

Right now the plan is to go. I'll let you know if it changes.

Hornet4ever

The track of the storm has pushed more winter weather to the west. May not be a good idea to go tonight.

AT

Quote from: Hornet4ever on January 21, 2016, 08:41:01 am
The track of the storm has pushed more winter weather to the west. May not be a good idea to go tonight.

West of what?

AT

The game has been cancelled. No information on a possible make up date.

AT

The possible winter weather that would come in tonight is the problem. The trip there isn't the problem, just the looming trip back.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Almatrackster on January 21, 2016, 09:44:27 am
Quote from: Hornet4ever on January 21, 2016, 08:41:01 am

West of what?

Original track had it pretty much on the east of the state but last night it showed that it had pushed it farther west

BigLion10

Dang I was looking forward to it too but I understand the reasoning behind it

Hornet4ever

Quote from: BigLion10 on January 21, 2016, 11:38:07 am
Dang I was looking forward to it too but I understand the reasoning behind it

Some school district's have probably looked at others foolish decisions.. The Van Buren basketball teams had to stay at hotels in NWA the other night because of wintry weather. They should have never made the trip. It was forecasted for winter weather to move in that night and as school administrators you have to think ahead. Prairie Grove schools had a bus actually wreck yesterday morning due to slick roads. What if some kids were killed in that accident? Thank God nobody was injured. As good as a game this was going to be its best to let mother nature do its thing and them play another time. Good call by the admins of both schools.   

Bigditchlion

Honestly think both teams would take a conference lose to play each other. This was going to be a battle! Just Kidding around, it was the right call on the weather.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Hornet4ever on January 13, 2016, 08:14:55 pm
Pizza for everyone if the hogs win

Looks like I'm not buying pizza. Figures 😂

BigLion10

Dang it I was looking forward to a meat madness one 😂😂. I did see Fredbird on TV though

WPWells

Honestly I had recovered from the game until I saw that post and remembered I wouldn't get pizza

AT

Looks like the Rebels and Lady Rebels will get ONE game in this week and it is homecoming so that is good. Hard to postpone that.

Both teams play Decatur tonight. The SR. boys will actually play first and then junior girls and senior girls (We don't want our girls to take sweaty homecoming pictures)

AT

Boys are actually starting at 5 PM. Not an ideal time for a senior high game, but it's the best time to get all 3 games in and still have the girls play last with all the homecoming activities.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Almatrackster on January 22, 2016, 07:57:01 am
Looks like the Rebels and Lady Rebels will get ONE game in this week and it is homecoming so that is good. Hard to postpone that.

Both teams play Decatur tonight. The SR. boys will actually play first and then junior girls and senior girls (We don't want our girls to take sweaty homecoming pictures)

Seems to be the trend anymore

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Fred Bird on January 21, 2016, 11:11:46 pm
Honestly I had recovered from the game until I saw that post and remembered I wouldn't get pizza

Im just happy Arkansas has won a couple of conference games. I figured we wouldn't win any! And hey we've even kept it close in some of our games.

WPWells

Soooooo pizza if we beat Georgia tomorrow?

Hornet4ever

AT

Scores:

Girls

Johnson County Westside - 61
Decatur - 14

Boys

Decatur - 53
Johnson County Westside - 48

AT

Girls are (17-2) (8-0)

Boys are (3-11) (2-6)

They both play Eureka Springs for a makeup conference game (@ Eureka) on Monday.

AT

Last night's scores to the JC-Westside @ Eureka Springs conference games:

The girls' score was

JC-Westside - 70
Eureka Springs - 25

I don't know the exact boys score but I do know that Eureka Springs won by quite a bit. It was at least 10 plus.

Girls are (18-2) (9-0)

Boys are (3-12) (2-7)

AT

Tonight the boys and girls play a back to back because of last night's makeup game.

Both teams play a home game against Hartford who they swept on the road.

The junior high boys will start things off at 5:00 PM and then senior high girls and senior high boys follow that.

AT

Girls

Johnson County Westside - 68
Hartford - 11

Boys

Johnson County Westside - 74
Hartford - 51

Girls rise to (19-2) (10-0)

Boys bump up to (4-12) (3-7)

AT

The senior high teams play Union Christian tonight instead of the usual Friday night game because of the National Beta Convention.

Junior high girls will start things off at 5:00 and then Sr. Girls and Sr. Boys follow.

AT

Girls

Johnson County Westside - 70
Union Christian - 28

Boys

Union Christian - 54
Johnson County Westside - 37

Girls bump up to (20-2) (11-0)

Boys fall to (4-13) (3-8)

BigLion10

Heard the England JC Westside game has been rescheduled for Feb. 15. Will be a Sr girls only night

AT

Girls

Johnson County Westside - 46
Mountainburg - 10

FINAL

Boys

Mountainburg - 45
Johnson County Westside - 36

FINAL

Girls go up to (21-2) (12-0)

Boys falls to (4-14) (3-9)

The de facto regular season girls' district title is this Friday @ Hackett. Big game.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Almatrackster on February 02, 2016, 09:38:23 pm
Girls

Johnson County Westside - 46
Mountainburg - 10

FINAL

Boys

Mountainburg - 45
Johnson County Westside - 36

FINAL

Girls go up to (21-2) (12-0)

Boys falls to (4-14) (3-9)

The de facto regular season girls' district title is this Friday @ Hackett. Big game.

Should be a good one!

AT

Basically this his how it goes:

JC-Westside girls win, they win the district outright and have the 1 seed at the district tournament.

Hackett girls win by 6 or less, Hackett girls will share the district title, but JC-Westside would still be the 1 seed at the district tournament unless the Lady Rebels lost to Magazine.

Hackett girls win by more than 6, Hackett girls will share the district title, assuming Westside doesn't lose to Magazine, and would be the 1 seed for the district tournament.

WPWells

So in that sense, de facto championship game isn't the right way to say it since JC Westside has already wrapped up a share

AT

Quote from: Fred Bird on February 04, 2016, 10:24:12 am
So in that sense, de facto championship game isn't the right way to say it since JC Westside has already wrapped up a share

Not techanically wrapped it up. Still have to beat Magazine. But for all intents and purposes, both teams want the 1 seed and don't want a share.

BigLion10

You should come down the 14th trackster lol

Bigditchlion

From what I heard it's the only game in England that day. Should be a fun one to watch.

Hornet4ever

Hackett girls vs Westside girls is getting set. A lot of people here already in Hackett. Should be a good one.

WPWells

JC Westside by 15

You got updates Hornet?

Hornet4ever

Very hostile environment. Westside is seizing the moment, Hackett cannot buy a basket, but still have a lot of game to play. If we keep turning it over we will lose by 30. 13-2 start of 2nd quarter.

Hornet4ever

My thread on refs are holding up well tonight. And yes, I am a Hackett faithful but there has been missed calls on both sides. Some very obvious.... 16-8 4:54 left in the half

Hornet4ever

Hackett woke up. 24-21 Westside at half

Hornet4ever

Just a side note too, Hacketts number one shooter under the basket has played probably 2-3 minutes. Already in foul trouble, so we're proud of our girls for staying in there and fighting. Westside is very good.

Hornet4ever

Start of 4th

Hackett 34

Westside 39

Great game so far

Hornet4ever

Westside starting to pull away. The 3 point shooter has came out of her cave just like last game, and the refs have turned for the worse. Lol

Hornet4ever

Another reason Westside is so good is they do not miss free throws. I've maybe seen them miss 1 all night.

Hornet4ever

It wouldn't be right if one coach didn't get a technical in a Hackett vs Westside event. 😂😂😂😂😂

Hornet4ever

62-40 Final. Don't let the 22 point spread fool you though, and I think Alma can back me up. One technical and the double bonus at the end had Westside shooting often, and they don't miss. It was a great game. Hackett played great, just not good enough. As much as I hate too say it, congrats Westside. I still don't like you.  ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas