• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Highland Boys

Started by Phog Allen, May 26, 2017, 12:16:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Phog Allen

Any news regarding the Highland Boys position?

epotts

Where is Stu Smart headed?

thebigtiger

July 04, 2017, 06:33:31 pm #2 Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 06:36:33 pm by thebigtiger
Coach Cody Edgar from Timbo by way of NEA.  I heard he made a name for himself in Timbo taking a failing program putting them in region and was close to making a state run.  I have some friends up around the area up there that said the kids were fired up they believe good things are gonna happen.  And I'll say this if it was anything like Timbo it will be a great ride. 

brock

Quote from: thebigtiger on July 04, 2017, 06:33:31 pm
Coach Cody Edgar from Timbo by way of NEA.  I heard he made a name for himself in Timbo taking a failing program putting them in region and was close to making a state run.  I have some friends up around the area up there that said the kids were fired up they believe good things are gonna happen.  And I'll say this if it was anything like Timbo it will be a great ride.

Fired up coach, fired up rebs, fired up town!!

brock

State run??? Didn't you get mercy ruled in the first round of regionals?

pridgehog

Bring The Brogdon Flat top back!

thebigtiger

Brock we had a bad game at a bad time.  I think we had a team that could of made it to state.  Coach Edgar proved to all that conference that he can take a little bit less talented team and transform them into contenders.  They were picked at the bottom of that conference and went to regionals.  And I'll tell you one thing is that with him and being loaded with talent at Highland it won't happen this year we will be very talented and make some noise.  Can't wait to follow this team and see what happens.  Good luck to all the teams this upcoming year

prodigy

Quote from: thebigtiger on July 07, 2017, 08:39:22 am
Brock we had a bad game at a bad time.  I think we had a team that could of made it to state.  Coach Edgar proved to all that conference that he can take a little bit less talented team and transform them into contenders.  They were picked at the bottom of that conference and went to regionals.  And I'll tell you one thing is that with him and being loaded with talent at Highland it won't happen this year we will be very talented and make some noise.  Can't wait to follow this team and see what happens.  Good luck to all the teams this upcoming year

You are wrong no one had them picked at the bottom of the conference with everything they had returning. They finished about the place in the conference that everyone had them picked.   YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU ARE SAYING!

thebigtiger

WHAT?  No One  had Timbo at the middle or top of that conference.  And if your saying that they had all that coming back how did they do the year before?  Oh ok your right they were loaded?  Really?  Check your facts Prodigy!  They had a better year last year than the year before.  If I'm correct out in district.  Maybe YOU don't know what your talking about.  Back to Highland this year should be a great year I've heard they have lots of talent and will be really competitive.

prodigy

That shows that you have no clue what you are talking about.  Because Timbo had everyone coming back plus their best player was moving up from jr high.  They barely got beat in the district tournament or they would have made the regions last year just like this year. 
And there were numerous other programs in the conference that lost a number of players through graduation.  So they only improved from 5th to 3rd in conference.  So if anything they underachieved in my opinion.   

brock

Looking on maxpreps they only improved one spot in conference from 4th to 3rd. That conference outside of Shirley and Concord is not very strong at all.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: brock on July 07, 2017, 01:26:07 pm
Looking on maxpreps they only improved one spot in conference from 4th to 3rd. That conference outside of Shirley and Concord is not very strong at all.

Some would tell you Concord wasn't very good....just very well coached...

Warhawkpa80

Concord well coached? That guy wasn't even in the top 5 coaches in that region. Heard they got lucky to beat Shirley in district.

Bigtimebasketballfan

He had 2 of top 10 players in conference so I would say he did not lack in talent. Granted none of them were Jacob Roark but still very capable team. I wouldn't put anybody from timbo top 10 in conference and only Tharp kid from midland and both managed to beat concord once.

Warhawkpa80

Who would be on your top 10 list?

Bigleague

Quote from: Bigtimebasketballfan on July 07, 2017, 03:46:37 pm
He had 2 of top 10 players in conference so I would say he did not lack in talent. Granted none of them were Jacob Roark but still very capable team. I wouldn't put anybody from timbo top 10 in conference and only Tharp kid from midland and both managed to beat concord once.
i agree 100% Edgar was the best coach in that conference and now highland is lucky enough to have him

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Warhawkpa80 on July 07, 2017, 03:36:14 pm
Concord well coached? That guy wasn't even in the top 5 coaches in that region. Heard they got lucky to beat Shirley in district.

Held the ball and won the only way his team could win that game....btw...where was your school at in Region?

thebigtiger

Quote from: Bigtimebasketballfan on July 07, 2017, 03:46:37 pm
Couldnt have said that better myself BTBF.  Timbo had not a single player prob in the top 15-20 in that district.  I think Highland will benefit greatly from a great hire.  Who knows might have the best coach in this district?  I think the people that really know know who done better in coaching in that conference

Robert_Dorfenshootze

Quote from: thebigtiger on July 07, 2017, 04:39:22 pm
Couldnt have said that better myself BTBF.  Timbo had not a single player prob in the top 15-20 in that district.  I think Highland will benefit greatly from a great hire.  Who knows might have the best coach in this district?  I think the people that really know know who done better in coaching in that conference
Might not have had a top 25-30 player in the conference.

Warhawkpa80

Quote from: HorseFeathers on July 07, 2017, 04:07:22 pm
Held the ball and won the only way his team could win that game....btw...where was your school at in Region?
we were hosting. You should know. Saw you there.

SackAttack

Quote from: Bigleague on July 07, 2017, 03:55:43 pm
i agree 100% Edgar was the best coach in that conference and now highland is lucky enough to have him
Are you kidding me He spent way too much time at the local eatery and not enough time doing real practice according to the smokers. One thing I can tell you is smokers do not lie. Just go outside at halftime of any game anywhere and you will hear the truth

HorseFeathers

Quote from: SackAttack on July 07, 2017, 09:12:42 pm
Are you kidding me He spent way too much time at the local eatery and not enough time doing real practice according to the smokers. One thing I can tell you is smokers do not lie. Just go outside at halftime of any game anywhere and you will hear the truth

Local eatery? In timbo?

prodigy

Y'all keep talking about a top 10.  What is your top 10. Because Gammill was defiantly top 10 in conference.   

SackAttack

Quote from: HorseFeathers on July 07, 2017, 09:30:26 pm
Local eatery? In timbo?
I think the guy had a car and a drivers license and could purchase gas to travel around. Im only guessing though. But again in my experience smokers do not lie

brock

Don't know the guy and haven't seen him coach, but have heard he goes nuts on the sideline. Most that I've seen that are that way want the attention on them. Kinda like look at me mentality. I dislike coaches that want the attention on them instead of the team.

no mascot

How are things in rebel land? We getting fired up yet?

brock

I'm sure they are fired up. I can see the coach now beating his chest, ripping his shirt off Hulk Hogan style and yelling "im fired up what about you brother". Lol

LaFlamaBlanca55

Disappointing hire for Highland, they could have hired much better candidates. Egotistical Manipulator, any coach that gets on here and tries to hide his identity and talks himself up and argues with the drones like us is pretty pathetic, great men don't have to tell their own heroic stories of lore and praise, others will do it for them

no mascot

Has anybody confirmed that edgar is actually the big tiger? I would like to rationalize that tiger is just a troll posing as edgar. For his sake.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: no mascot on August 10, 2017, 03:56:03 pm
Has anybody confirmed that edgar is actually the big tiger? I would like to rationalize that tiger is just a troll posing as edgar. For his sake.

Fwiw I have second hand info that it was not Coach Edgar

no mascot

Good enough for me to believe it and I hope others do the same. This is a popular site and it could be detrimental to the young mans career if he gets a bad reputation in the public eye. Even on a website that can be as silly as this one.

OB11

Quote from: HorseFeathers on August 10, 2017, 05:00:51 pm
Fwiw I have second hand info that it was not Coach Edgar

Same here. I know Edgar and it's not something I think he would do.

Bigleague

Cant wait to get up there and watch some games.  Coach Edgar reminds me of a young coach Keith brown.  Lots of similarities

HorseFeathers

Quote from: OB11 on August 11, 2017, 01:32:33 pm
Same here. I know Edgar and it's not something I think he would do.

Would think if someone in that position was gonna do that....then they wouldn't be so obvious about it...

Head Lion

Coach Edgar do yall have a final list of teams for the Highland Holiday Tournament? Just was checking, I heard some good 3A-5A schools.

LaFlamaBlanca55

Why cant highland keep a basketball coach, thats a big red flag, prolly why they had to hire a greenhorn from timbo, I dont even know who all they have had in the past 10 years but gotta be 4-5 different coaches now, seems like they run um in and out every two years

DoubleT

As a fan of the Timbo Sports teams, I cannot agree AT ALL. Coach Ben Jones put them on the right path and you just happened to show up and take credit. So "thebigtiger" also known as Cody Edgar, I would recommend you stop talking yourself up.

ballmember

Bigtiger talked  enough that he got a job at Highland.  Must have had a lot of help from east Arkansas.  don't know anyone in conference that he came from would step up and recommend.   attitude plus...

LaFlamaBlanca55

Quote from: DoubleT on September 26, 2017, 11:16:00 am
As a fan of the Timbo Sports teams, I cannot agree AT ALL. Coach Ben Jones put them on the right path and you just happened to show up and take credit. So "thebigtiger" also known as Cody Edgar, I would recommend you stop talking yourself up.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha GOT HEEEEEEEMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!

LaFlamaBlanca55

Quote from: ballmember on September 26, 2017, 12:27:53 pm
Bigtiger talked  enough that he got a job at Highland.  Must have had a lot of help from east Arkansas.  don't know anyone in conference that he came from would step up and recommend.   attitude plus...

GOT HEEEEEEEEEEEMMMMMM................. AGAIN!!!!

anybody that has to come on here and hide under a username as a coach and talk himself up like he did, to make other people respect him, is just laughable and a joke to me , i mean seriously,
Ive always liked alot of the people over at highland and theyve had some  good kids, i wish them luck just dont want to see this guy get it 

SackAttack

Can anyone confirm the rumor that Highland lost their starting quarterback and point guard to ICC and hes immediately eligible

LaFlamaBlanca55

Tharp i believe is kids name , i guess he and the current new highland basketball coach couldnt get along , yes he is at ICC

boss85

Dylan Tharp is his name. Good kid. Good athlete. He will help ICC a lot. Yes, coach Edgar was the issue.

SackAttack

Quote from: boss85 on October 19, 2017, 07:54:10 am
Dylan Tharp is his name. Good kid. Good athlete. He will help ICC a lot. Yes, coach Edgar was the issue.
How can he possibly be eligible at ICC. If he started school at Highland and played sports there I cant see how!

Basketballfan13

Quote from: SackAttack on October 19, 2017, 10:20:43 am
How can he possibly be eligible at ICC. If he started school at Highland and played sports there I cant see how!
Don't know of his situation, but there would be two options. He could get a hardship if they had some great made up reason or if they were related to someone at the AAA, or option two...they could move into district. Wouldn't matter if they already played a sport at highland this year as long as they haven't played a basketball game this year (which they haven't).

boss85

no mascot

His family (legal guardians) and him actually move into a new place? In the district? Or did they have some utilities turned on and some mail forwarded to a new address?

boss85

LaFlamaBlanca55

found out today he straight up swapped houses with a family member who has ties to ICC

NWA Hawg

Quote from: LaFlamaBlanca55 on October 20, 2017, 09:18:39 am
found out today he straight up swapped houses with a family member who has ties to ICC

Then he legally moved. Nothing wrong with that.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas