• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Way too early best team in 1A

Started by Mother Ruby, May 07, 2017, 02:15:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mother Ruby

I'm going to place my bets (I don't rally gamble it's against my Baptist upbringing and unfit for a lady) on the West Side Eagles!! They are going to be fantastic next year. Can't wait for the new season already!

BannerMountainMan

Yeah they might, they have good young talent.

HorseFeathers

AirItOut21

Kirby boys finally win a state championship. They just got a big time move in about a month ago from Acorn. A sophomore guard that can fill it up. This plus the 3 Caddo Hill transfers could finally put them over the top.

BigLion10

Sounds like a lot of recruiting lol

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BigLion10 on May 08, 2017, 06:26:15 am
Sounds like a lot of recruiting lol

School choice is a form of that I suppose

NWA Hawg

What grade are the 3 Caddo transfers in? Will they be senior high next year or will they still be in junior high? I know one of them was on the senior team last year.

AirItOut21

Quote from: fann07 on May 08, 2017, 09:48:17 am
What grade are the 3 Caddo transfers in? Will they be senior high next year or will they still be in junior high? I know one of them was on the senior team last year.

The one that played on the senior high team last year will be a senior. The other two will be a sophomore and freshman. The freshman has a chance to be really special so I am sure he will get moved up to senior high.

FisherOfMen11

Quote from: AirItOut21 on May 07, 2017, 11:07:15 pm
Kirby boys finally win a state championship. They just got a big time move in about a month ago from Acorn. A sophomore guard that can fill it up. This plus the 3 Caddo Hill transfers could finally put them over the top.

What is happening at Caddo Hills to cause their best players to jump ship?? A program does not just loose 3 players  at this level by chance.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: AirItOut21 on May 08, 2017, 10:05:44 am
The one that played on the senior high team last year will be a senior. The other two will be a sophomore and freshman. The freshman has a chance to be really special so I am sure he will get moved up to senior high.

So we could have a starting lineup next year at Kirby that includes 3 former Caddo Hills players, 1 player from Acorn, and 1 kid from Kirby (that being Coach Smith's son). Sounds like we should call this team the 1A 7 West Trojans. And yall were all worried about Bay and Guy recruiting. Kirby will possibly have a starting lineup next year that includes 4 kids that have moved in over the past 2 years. Thats insane for a small, isolated, 1a school.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: FisherOfMen11 on May 08, 2017, 10:31:51 am
What is happening at Caddo Hills to cause their best players to jump ship?? A program does not just loose 3 players  at this level by chance.

Better question maybe what is going on at Kirby to pull all of these kids in from different schools? Its not like they are just racking up state championships in boy's basketball there. 

AirItOut21

Quote from: FisherOfMen11 on May 08, 2017, 10:31:51 am

The soon to be senior and freshman transfers from Caddo Hills are brothers. The third kid is basically family to them so he left with them. This all happened with the previous coach at Caddo Hills, not McBryde who has applied for just about every job in the state for other reasons.

AirItOut21

Quote from: fann07 on May 08, 2017, 11:18:51 am
Better question maybe what is going on at Kirby to pull all of these kids in from different schools? Its not like they are just racking up state championships in boy's basketball there.

It isn't Kirby in these two situations. It is things that happened at their former schools (Caddo Hills and Acorn) that caused these kids to move. Kirby is the best "basketball" school option in that area.

BannerMountainMan

In other news Bay is going to 2a and Kirby sounds like they are trying to one up Hutch

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on May 08, 2017, 12:10:01 pm
In other news Bay is going to 2a and Kirby sounds like they are trying to one up Hutch

Bay is moving up in 2018-19....and I'd put money(like a dollar nothing serious) that hutchcraft calls it a career after next season...

FisherOfMen11

Quote from: HorseFeathers on May 08, 2017, 02:35:14 pm
Bay is moving up in 2018-19....and I'd put money(like a dollar nothing serious) that hutchcraft calls it a career after next season...

he is there has already been an articled released a few weeks ago on it.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: FisherOfMen11 on May 08, 2017, 03:04:36 pm
he is there has already been an articled released a few weeks ago on it.

Hadn't seen the article...got a link for us lazy folks?

HorseFeathers

riccoar

Quote from: HorseFeathers on May 08, 2017, 02:35:14 pm
Looking at the classification numbers though, they will be in 2A for a good while

HorseFeathers

Quote from: riccoar on May 24, 2017, 02:08:16 pm
Looking at the classification numbers though, they will be in 2A for a good while

The Jonesboro boom finally getting to them?

Woodrow1

Quote from: fann07 on May 08, 2017, 11:18:51 am

Rumor has it that Marty was up in Izard County a few weeks ago trying to recruit Calico Rock's best player to come to Kirby.  And was seen over at ICC visiting with Justus Cooper.

ballmember

Kirby boys well coached and has been there a while.   So , I can see why a young man would want to go there and play.

Eagle_Mom_2

May 26, 2017, 09:23:15 pm #23 Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 04:36:52 pm by Eagle_Mom_2

ballmember

Eagle Mom, I hope you all aint breathing some of that funny smoke

BannerMountainMan

Is both coaches at Westside still there?? Girls coach at shirley is gone wondering if she went to WS since she's from there

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on May 30, 2017, 04:28:10 pm
Is both coaches at Westside still there?? Girls coach at shirley is gone wondering if she went to WS since she's from there

Banner boy, both our coaches are right where they need to be...getting our teams ready to bring home trophies at summer camps!!
That girls coach you had passed on us when she had the chance. Coach Geno Aremennie Richey ain't going nowhere...except to the tailor to get a new suit....yeeyee.
Speaking of people who I didn't think would go anywhere...anyone heard from my old comrades on here?? Speaking of sack attack, etc...

SackAttack

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on May 30, 2017, 09:22:23 pm
Banner boy, both our coaches are right where they need to be...getting our teams ready to bring home trophies at summer camps!!
That girls coach you had passed on us when she had the chance. Coach Geno Aremennie Richey ain't going nowhere...except to the tailor to get a new suit....yeeyee.
Speaking of people who I didn't think would go anywhere...anyone heard from my old comrades on here?? Speaking of sack attack, etc...
Eagle Mom Eagle Mom I been nowhere. Working out like a Boss to be more like the Boss if ya know what I mean. I met coach Geno Richey Areuenema over at Bentleys a couple weeeks ago and we talked some hoops and his summer camp schedule that conisited of exactly 83 games if they make the finals of the camp at Prim lots of big time schools and he thought they might stretch to make that one victorious. Started drawing out plays for me and told me keep secret about it so I will. Uncle Herschel just honked the horn in the diesel truck for a late night Sonic run so gotta go!!!

Jackmerius Tacktheratrix

August 05, 2017, 08:50:40 pm #28 Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 08:57:40 pm by Jackmerius Tacktheratrix
Idk probably kirby

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas