• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1 3-A West Baseball

Started by Kingfisher, February 27, 2008, 09:53:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kingfisher

I'm thinking Shiloh will be the odds on favorite for the crown. Everyone give us some details. Favorites ? Picks ? Players ?

McKnz

I don't know a whole lot about the other teams but I know Shiloh has one of the best pitchers in the region, if not the state, in Blake Roberts.

Kingfisher

Quote from: McKnz on February 27, 2008, 09:54:47 pm
I don't know a whole lot about the other teams but I know Shiloh has one of the best pitchers in the region, if not the state, in Blake Roberts.
That is absolutely true. WF's been playing Shiloh in baseball for years. He's a very big reason I believe they will do very well. Among others of course. Shiloh is like WF though in the fact they will have many contributing Freshman this season.

McKnz

Do some of the same boys who were freshman on the football team play baseball?

Lincoln gave Farmington a good game today, albeit Farmington was short-handed. The Wolves should be pretty solid. They return quite a few good hitters.

Pea Ridge will be very tough as well. Trevathian was a solid player last year and I'm pretty sure they return a couple of other pitchers from last season. If I remember correctly, they return Randon Webb too.

Kingfisher

Quote from: McKnz on February 27, 2008, 10:07:04 pm
Do some of the same boys who were freshman on the football team play baseball?

Lincoln gave Farmington a good game today, albeit Farmington was short-handed. The Wolves should be pretty solid. They return quite a few good hitters.

Pea Ridge will be very tough as well. Trevathian was a solid player last year and I'm pretty sure they return a couple of other pitchers from last season. If I remember correctly, they return Randon Webb too.

I believe that's right about Webb coming back. And yes Farmington was short-handed but Lincoln isn't bad. Yes. Travis Bodenstein and Zann Jones are both good ball-players. If Kiehl were here he could tell me the others. I know there are a couple more. Maybe David Matthews. I'm not for sure though. Someone will chime in and tell us.

WFdrummer17

I look for WF to be a strong contender this year. They seem to come together as team faster then they did last year. Besides returning a lot of starters.

McKnz

Well, I don't remember how West Fork did last season but I'll take your word for it.

I know Gravette is playing Shiloh right now, but I have no idea what the score is or anything like that.

McKnz

Gravette is ahead 5-3 in the bottom of the 3rd.

Kingfisher

Quote from: McKnz on March 01, 2008, 02:38:44 pm
Gravette is ahead 5-3 in the bottom of the 3rd.
West Fork defeated Gentry friday, but were without about 5 potentially key players due to the State Basketball tournament. I don't know how tough Gentry's supposed to be either.

McKnz

Gentry probably won't be very good this season. I don't see them stealing one of the top 4 spots from any of the following: Prairie Grove, Farmington, Union Christian, Gravette, Greenland.

Gravette is still missing its #1 pitcher as well.

WFdrummer17

Well the only players WF that was missing that will make a difference were Steve Robbins, Isaac Muggy, and Kiehl Frazier.

Kingfisher

Quote from: WFdrummer17 on March 01, 2008, 10:24:39 pm
Well the only players WF that was missing that will make a difference were Steve Robbins, Isaac Muggy, and Kiehl Frazier.
Eddie Frazier is playing this year and he will also make a difference. He looked pretty good throwing this afternoon after a one year hiatus.

Kingfisher

Quote from: McKnz on March 01, 2008, 07:34:10 pm
Gentry probably won't be very good this season. I don't see them stealing one of the top 4 spots from any of the following: Prairie Grove, Farmington, Union Christian, Gravette, Greenland.

Gravette is still missing its #1 pitcher as well.
To be honest I kinda assumed that but I still didn't want to make a statement like that without some factual knowledge.
Who is G's #1 ace?

WFdrummer17

Well if you remember right Kingfisher Eddie Frazier was one the one's that was laughing after one of WF's losses. So unless he can keep his mouth shut this year he won't be that big of a asset.

Kingfisher

Quote from: WFdrummer17 on March 01, 2008, 11:03:50 pm
Well if you remember right Kingfisher Eddie Frazier was one the one's that was laughing after one of WF's losses. So unless he can keep his mouth shut this year he won't be that big of a asset.
And if you remember he was the one as a sophomore that had a walk-off home run that kept us in the play-off's. There were many on that team that needed to keep their opinions to themselves. Besides that I'll let you tell him to keep his mouth shut... ;D
Might wanna wear a hockey mask though.

WFdrummer17

Ok please don't tell him but don't get me wrong he is a good baseball player. But sometimes it just seems like he dosen't want to be out there.

McKnz

Kingfisher

Quote from: McKnz on March 02, 2008, 02:20:57 am
Quote from: Kingfisher on March 01, 2008, 11:00:34 pm
Who is G's #1 ace?

Ethan McKinzie, my brother.
I fighured that I just wasn't for sure. Was he at the QB camp yesterday at the All Star Sports Arena?

McKnz

Yes, he was. He was a little limited b/c he's only been out of his boot for 4 days but he said he thought it went "ok".

Kingfisher

Quote from: McKnz on March 02, 2008, 03:06:18 pm
Yes, he was. He was a little limited b/c he's only been out of his boot for 4 days but he said he thought it went "ok".
I was trying to pick him out, but I couldn't. I glad he's recovering well.

Kingfisher

Let's keep up with some weekly activity...I know West Fork didn't get in a game last week because of the weather. I'm guessing it was about the same for everyone. I'd like to hear some scores later on this week. Good luck to all!!

Kingfisher

West Fork split a pair with Lincoln Monday...7-4 (WF) and 8-2 (Lincoln), and put up a W yesterday in the win column in a non-con over Greenland 5-1.

WFdrummer17

West Fork plays Prairie Grove Friday and it should be a good game.

prhogs22

Pea Ridge is 5-1 and 3-1 in conf. play. They got 2 wins via a forfiet from E.Springs. ( This E. Springs deal is a joke to the whole conf., this 3 or 4 yrs. in a row they done this. Well everyone gets 2 w's there. AAA needs to fix that problem.)  They split with Shiloh, 10-9 loss in 1st game, 11-0 winner in game 2. They have 2 non-conf. games,beat Berryville 12-2 at home, went to Gravette and won 7-0.

prhogs22

Pea Ridge wins 2 at Green Forest last night. They improve record to 7-1 overall, 5-1 in conf. play. They got 2 non-conf. games this wk., both against 1- 4a teams. Huntville today at PR, friday at Farmington. Back in conf. play monday Apr. 1 vs. Elkins DH.

Kingfisher

West Fork plays Elkins at home today....will post outcome later this evening.

prhogs22

Pea Ridge beats Huntsville 10-0 in 5 innings. Record is 8-1 now. At Farmington friday afternoon.

Kingfisher

Quote from: Kingfisher on March 25, 2008, 03:41:07 pm
West Fork plays Elkins at home today....will post outcome later this evening.
In a double header Elkins handed WF their tales in the 1st game 17-2...WF could do nothing right. End of story.

In the night cap Elkins prevailed once again 4-0. A more respectable loss. Elkins is still a good team. I admit I underestimated them.

tigerfan_09

How do Green Forest and Lincoln look?

Kingfisher

Quote from: tigerfan_09 on March 27, 2008, 10:26:36 pm
How do Green Forest and Lincoln look?
Lincoln has the capacity to be a sleeper team. Haven't seen Green Forest yet...I'll let ya' know as soon as I see them.

prhogs22

Pea Ridge loses to Farmington 8-1,a good pitching job by there pitcher. Hawks go to 8-2 overall and 5-1 in conf. play. They have a big conf. DH vs. Elkins Tuesday.

Kingfisher

West Fork won in a non-con last night 14-6 against Berryville. Steven Robbins picked up the win.

prhogs22

Pea Ridge, finally gets back on the field. They pick up 2 big wins last nite. at Lincoln 8-6 in game 1, 12-2 in a 5 inning game2. Puts there season record 7-1 in conf. and 10-2 overall. We have 2 non-conf. this wk. at Huntsville tonite, P.Grove at home friday.

prhogs22

Pea Ridge wins a non-conf. game tonite vs. P.Grove 9-3. Blackhawks improve to 11-2 overall and 7-1 in conf.  We have 2 big conf DH next wk., both at home vs. West Fork and Elkins.

Kingfisher

West Fork did not fair well against Farmington this evening losing 10-0...just could never get started at the plate...Farmington scored 5 runs in the last two innings.

WFdrummer17

WFdrummer17

WF and Pea Ridge split last night.
1st game Pea Ridge won 7-1.
2nd game WF won 4-3.

WFdrummer17

WF vs. Shiloh double header tonight if it dosen't get rained out. Starts @ 4:30 @ WF.

WFdrummer17

WF split with Shiloh yesterday.

tigerfan2

What are the standings for this conference?

prhogs22

Not offical, but should be Elkins and Shiloh tied at 1, Pea Ridge, West Fork, Lincoln, Green Forest in that order. Elkins and Shiloh DH tonite I believe. A sweep by either team, the winner gets 1 seed in tour. A split means a 3 way tie, with Pea Ridge, Elkins, Shiloh. If the tie breaker is head to head, runs scored or scoring margin, PR wins tie breaker and No. 1 seed.A Sweep should be, winner No1,PR No2, loser No3, WF No4, Lincoln and GF 5and 6. Im pretty sure of this.

prhogs22

Conf. tourny begins today. Game 1 has No.3 Elkins and No.6 Gren Forest, winner gets No.2 Pea Ridge monday nite at 6:30. Game 2 has No.4 West Fork and No.5 Lincoln, winner plays No.1 Shiloh monday afternoon at 4:00.  Champ. game tuesday nite, along with 3rd and 4th place seed game. Lincoln is hosting tourny.

3cats

Quote from: prhogs22 on April 26, 2008, 01:01:25 pm
Conf. tourny begins today. Game 1 has No.3 Elkins and No.6 Gren Forest, winner gets No.2 Pea Ridge monday nite at 6:30. Game 2 has No.4 West Fork and No.5 Lincoln, winner plays No.1 Shiloh monday afternoon at 4:00.  Champ. game tuesday nite, along with 3rd and 4th place seed game. Lincoln is hosting tourny.
Any scores??

WFdrummer17

Elkins beat Green Forest easliy can't rember the score. Lincoln beat WF 12-7.

prhogs22

Semi-finals today, game 1 has No.1 Shiloh vs. No.5 Lincoln at 4:30, and game 2 is beteen No.2 Pea Ridge and No.3 Elkins. All 4 teams will be in Harrison for regional next wk.

sportsguy2322

hey man so who is in the finals. I know that Lamar plays Charleston tonight for the championship. Lavaca 3 and Mountainburg 4

3cats

Quote from: sportsguy2322 on April 29, 2008, 10:21:06 am
hey man so who is in the finals. I know that Lamar plays Charleston tonight for the championship. Lavaca 3 and Mountainburg 4
Wrong conference.....Charleston is in the 3A-4

prhogs22

Finals tonite at Lincoln No.2 Pea Ridge vs. No.5 Lincoln. 3rd and 4th place game No.1 Shiloh vs. No.3 Elkins. Lincoln comes from behind to beat Shiloh 9-8, Pea Ridge beats Elkins 8-1.

sportsguy2322

I know that Charelston, Lamar, Lavaca, and Mountainburg are 3A-4 but our conference plays your conference in regionals. I was telling you who our championship game was between and who our 3rd and 4th place teams are. I was tring to figure out who all plays who on Saturday.

sportsguy2322

ok so correct me if I'm wrong:
(W) (1)(3A-4) Charelston/Lamar vs. (4)(3A1-W)Elkins
(L) (2)(3A-4)Charelston/Lamar vs. (3)(3A-1W)Shiloh
(W) (1)(3A-1W)Pea Ridge/Lincoln vs.(4)(3A-4)Mountainburg
(L) (2)(1A-W)Pea Ridge/Lincoln vs. (3)(3A-4)Lavaca

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas