• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

09 class

Started by Number2-NLR, July 02, 2007, 11:32:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Number2-NLR

Who's the top players in the class of 09?

Number2-NLR

there are alot of sophmore that have talented in the 6a east

WBF †

Seth Tomboli from Jacksonville. Been the ace since he was a Freshie.

df44

Paul Anlzone of El Doroado real good pitcher with a decent stick.

WBF †

Seth has pitched a no-hitter through 5 innings vs. Maumelle (Drew Smyley was his opposition and he outpitched him in every category except K's) (ended being a 2 hitter), a two-hitter vs. Benton and1-hitter Bryant. This is just this season in Gwatney. He throws 80-83 consistently. Great mechanics, great head on his shoulder, will be something big coming out his senior year.

Number2-NLR

Terell brown goes to jville dont he?
and a 10th grader rite?

WBF †

Right. What about him?

Number2-NLR

he's pretty good rite i mean i seen him play his a top 10th grader

Number2-NLR

i mean he's a top 10th grader

WBF †

He is when his head in on. He had an error last night and then he just quit on everything else. His attitude and stuff got in the way. To be a top player, you got to be able to control yourself IMO.

Number2-NLR

yea that seth kid and terrell is going to being jacksonville program up fast

WBF †

Yeah, there's going to be a sophomore named Caleb Mitchell who started varsity this year as well. Very good stick. And of course, leading the team, Cameron Hood. D1 potential easily. Along with Jason Regnas who plays 1B.

hooverman21

josh wilson from gosnell and josh fleming from rivercrest are two top upcoming juniors  from the 3-AAAA  Conference

WBF †

I'll go out on a limb and say Seth is in the top 3-5 Junior pitchers in the state, at any class level.

BBFBwatcher

There are three kids in Beebe that are going to be tough.  Roger Glaude, Jared Tony and Levi Denton.  Looking for good things from these guys.

Harold

Number2-NLR

well i still think seth and terrell from jacksonville is two huge players in the 09 class

GoldenLion30

Seth is becoming a He11 of a 3B. wow
He is making plays left and right

HSUball2

i think i found out why seth wasnt as good as he couldve been this year.....lets see if u can guess

WBF †

Fun? Or coach B? Pressure? Wasnt playing with an attitude til now?

HSUball2

my guess was tommy was holdin him back and they werent gettin any work in and didnt care.....but now that the people around him care....he cares

WBF †

Tommy is the biggest waste of talent I've ever seen personally in any sport.

wolverine45

Tyler Cameron from PC. All he does is eat, sleep, and breath baseball. He is probably PC's best fielder, their second best pitcher, and fills the lead off position great.

jr230

The Currey kid from Arkadelphia who threw the no hitter is very good at CF an hits really well just doesnt have much support at Arkadelphia

WBF †

Ask around the A Zone around here... (Maumelle, Morrilton, Cabot, Sheridan, Greenbriar, etc.) Seth and Terrell can play. Seth has at least 15 k's in 10 or so innings pitched in the tourney along with some gems at 3B. Terrell was 7-8 when the tourney first started. Looking at All-Conference next year and All-State their SR year with the current attitudes, work habits, etc.

soloshot_7

kizer from delight played Legion ball in arkadelphia

soloshot_7

July 11, 2007, 10:00:02 am #25 Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 10:03:37 am by soloshot_7
curry is good

WBF †

Don't tell people they're "good" or "great". Give stats and reasons why. People can hear "good" and just disregard all of your statements after that. You gotta provide proof.

baseball heaven

DJ Baxendale - Abundant Life
The only Sophomore to make the AR DEM Gazette All-Arkansas Team.
Dominated at the Xtrainnings Top 88 Showcase

Arkyball

Dylan Owen for Catholic was 5-1 with a 1.98 ERA this summer pitching against primarily older travel teams this summer. How's this for a resume - his wins came against Conway AAA Legion, Dulins Dodgers of Memphis, Sam's Service Giants of Kansas City, Arkansas Select, and Central Arkansas Express. Dulins and Sam's Service ended up winning the respective tournaments after losing to Dylan, and the wins over Conway and Express came in the semis and championship of the UALR Tournament.

McKnz

July 23, 2007, 09:03:55 pm #29 Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 09:06:36 pm by Gtown10
Gravette has two very good players in the '09 class:

Ethan McKinzie -- SS/P
Quintin Eden -- C

McKinzie was an all-state selection as a sophomore and led the Lions with 116 Ks in 99 IP with an ERA of 1.69. He was clocked at the Legion State tourney at a consistent 85 mph and that was a day after he played in a 7-on-7 shoot out. He's also our QB. He's probably a better SS prospect though. He should have some help on the mound this year to keep his IP down. He threw a no-hitter for 6 2/3 against Texarkana. In three games at the state tourney he had 2 HRs and then went to a 16-under world series tourney in Pittsburg, KS and hit another HR and today had a walk off RBI hit that bounced off the 405 in center.

Eden may be one of the best defensive catchers in the state as far as blocking the ball is concerned. If he can improve his pop time and his arm strength there should be some colleges looking at him. His bat has looked much improved this summer and he is a very good pitch manager.

Number2-NLR

did seth and terrell play AAA or did they even dress........?
If they did play how they do?

hi

i personally think that yall are over lookin some of the best 09 players in the state of ark.
Matt Vinson from Alma. Kyle Pippin From greenwood both of them were vital to there teams as freshmen. Vinson was alma Three hole as a freshmen. Kyle Started In the State champship game for Greenwood as a freshmen. But that is my two cents

jr230

Currey Led Arkadelphia with a 426 AVG.... was lead off hitter... had a very good summer in legion batted well over 400 pitched very good threw a no-hitter against Hot Springs look for him to dominate for Arkadelphia this coming year.

newscout

JJ Kerksieck from Stuttgart has one of the best swings in the 4a conference

CACRULES

Several from CAC:  You can look up the stats on the CAC website...

Biggerstaff
Jameson
Reece
Bryan
Powers

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas