• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-4A Conference Champions

Started by Grover, April 09, 2007, 09:18:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Grover

There are a few teams in the running, but the conference champion will more than likely come out of the PG/Greenland game tonight.

hillbilly

B&GT

McKnz

Well...I know this is about the PG/Greenland game but Gravette beat Union today. A little rusty from only having one game in the past two weeks. A win is a win though.

Prodigy

McKnz

#1. Prairie Grove -- 4-0 in conf.
T-#2. Greenland -- 3-1 in conf.
T-#2. Farmington -- 3-1 in conf.
#4. Gravette -- 3-1 in conf. (lost to Greenland)

After that I'm not too sure. There may be some other teams tied with Gravette for 4th.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

B&GT

I think PG is 5-0.  They beat Huntsville, Union, Farmington, Berryville and Greenland.

McKnz

Quote from: B&GT on April 09, 2007, 07:53:36 pm
I think PG is 5-0.  They beat Huntsville, Union, Farmington, Berryville and Greenland.

Thanks. Either way they haven't lost a conference game. I still can't believe Pea Ridge beat them.

Grover

amish_green_goat

Gtown, has gravette only played 4 conference games? everyone else has had 5.
PG 5-0
Greenland 4-1
farmington 4-1
huntsville 3-2

Grover

When Do Greenland and Farmington play?

09baseball09

gravette is 3-2 goat, huntsville is 1-4.

TriplePlay3

today greenland and framington play at greenland..

FarmingtonCardFan

April 12, 2007, 09:04:08 pm #13 Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 05:38:24 pm by FarmingtonCardFan
Farmington & Greenland played tonight,  Farmington won 7-3
Conference Standings as of this week?

Grover

The Top 4 in order are:

PG
Farmington
Greenland
Gravette

Gspotlions10

Gravette beat Berryville 19-3 today

JonBoltin

Monday PG plays gravette, and from what I have figured up If they win they will be the outright conference Champs, but If they loose they will be
Co-Champs with Farmington.

please correct me if I am wrong.

-Big Jon

B&GT

That may be so.  I know PG would get seeded before them though since they beat Farmington.

amish_green_goat

well, we won it outright so no worries  ;D

jdawg

PG is the team to beat because of their pitching, solid defense and the ability make contact all the way down the lineup.  They are beatable though by Farmington or Greenland.
Farmington has the best 1 thru 5 guys in the conference. 6 down they are weak.  Thats makes them vulnerable.  Defensively they are probably close to PG in the field.  Farmington has three pitchers to go to also. 
Greenland would have a tough time beating Farmington and PG in a row.  They would have to score alot of runs and I dont know that they could do that against the other twos pitching.  Greenland probably does have the best overall player in the conference though, in West. 
There are no other teams in the conference that I have seen that have a chance. 

key_stone12

Kahl is the best overall player in the conference. He not only does it from the plate but also the mound. He is also a very solid fielder.

Congrats to PG. However, I think that Farmington will end up going farthest because of the 1-2 combo of Kahl and Abrecht.

Stros

Quote from: key_stone12 on April 17, 2007, 07:38:29 pm
Kahl is the best overall player in the conference. He not only does it from the plate but also the mound. He is also a very solid fielder.

Congrats to PG. However, I think that Farmington will end up going farthest because of the 1-2 combo of Kahl and Abrecht.

Abrecht is better then Kahl as a pitcher.  Kahl can hit I will give you that but he isnt the better of the two on the bump.

amish_green_goat

what about our 1, 2 punch in Scroggins and Ariola? they are both unbeaten and both hit well. Scroggins is actually our clean up hitter. i dont see farmington going further then us simply b/c they dont have the overall experience that we do. everyone on our team has been at least a 2 year starter. 7 of them for 3 years. man i hope we see farmington in the finals of districts. 

jdawg

PG does have experience but dont discount what some of the Farmington boys have done over the years. 
Abrecht does throw better than Kahl but he does not "pitch" better.  Abrecht has good movement and the ball pops out of his hand but he still only toes and throws.  He has no pitching thought process as of yet.  Blame that on his coach for not giving him some freedom from time to time to call his own game. Kahl still has excellent stuff and probably would do better calling his own game too.  I have been behind the plate when he has called his own game and there is a big difference from when his coach calls the game.  I have seen alot of high school coaches who do not effectively manage pitch selection.  Ideally the cather should be the guy to call it.  Like what Coyle so effectively does.  Kahl should for sure call his own.  I think alot of people would love to see PG and Farmington go at it again.  I will for sure do my best to be there. 

key_stone12

I assume you're talking about Farmington's USSSA experience?

Kahl understands pitching better than almost any kid his age, and always has. I personally think putting Kahl behind the plate to catch Abrecht is the best option. That's why I believe Kahl has the ability to go so far. Just ask the Legion teams that he played last season before he hurt his ankle.

amish_green_goat

kahl is not the best overall player in the conference. he may be up the list but i believe that colton west from greenland is the best. he signed to play for UAFS today. its in the paper lol

key_stone12

You forget the whole Farmington team are underclassmen.

I would bet that Kahl's hitting stats are better than Colton's. Even if they aren't, Kahl is much more valuable because of his ability on the mound.

amish_green_goat

well, greenland chased him off the mound pretty quick so i guess he's not that valuable. im still going with west.

saywha7

i agree that west is the best overall player in 4A.

jdawg

I will stick with West because of his speed over Kahl.  Farmington will be in a unique position next year with Miller, Abrecht and Kahl.  They will rank right up there as the best players in the conference for certain. 

amish_green_goat

FarmingtonCardFan

May 08, 2007, 08:32:29 pm #31 Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 12:17:02 pm by FarmingtonCardFan
OR...  maybe THIS year

Grover

key_stone12

They're the ones still playing.

Got to give them that.

Grover

Well true even though they are still playing, i think PG had more talent. We just didnt use it when we needed to.

FarmingtonCardFan

May 09, 2007, 07:06:47 pm #35 Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 12:16:03 pm by FarmingtonCardFan
how bout supporting your conference?

Grover

hmmm how bout you read all of my other posts, instead of pulling this one out of context, on the other threads i have stated that i think Farmington will win state, and they represent the 1-4A well.

key_stone12

He has. Grover has been for Farmington ever since PG was beat.

Grover

key_stone12

I still say Kahl is one of the best players in 4A. lol

Grover

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas