• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-4a baseball 2014

Started by TIGER101, November 11, 2013, 09:11:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

left field

It hasn't been that long, TIGER101.  Prairie Grove run-ruled Stutgart 10-0 in 2011 at state tournament.

cuckoobird

Quote from: left field on March 17, 2014, 09:08:33 am
It hasn't been that long, TIGER101.  Prairie Grove run-ruled Stutgart 10-0 in 2011 at state tournament.
and in the most recent meeting Stuttgart sent the mighty tigers packing without scoring an earned run. The team who all of you thought was the second coming

TIGER101

TIGER101

Quote from: left field on March 17, 2014, 09:08:33 am

I think it has been.  I don't remember who they lost to in the regular season in 2010, but Shiloh beat them in the semi's

pgfan2016

March 20, 2014, 09:04:20 pm #54 Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 09:11:00 pm by pgfan2016
PG beat-Stigler Oklahoma 8-2, Biggs Oklahoma 7-6, and PA 6-5 in 9 innings

cuckoobird

Smartest thing a PG fan ever said

OldMule

Well.   Here we are on the edge of conference play.  Any thoughts?   

My thoughts:  Lincoln might be the team to beat based on depth.  They seem to be the kind of team that will let you beat yourself.  Nothing fancy,  just good enough to let you lose.

PG, Farm, and Gravette have some good individuals, but also need to fill some holes.

Others?

Oldbadger

Quote from: OldMule on March 27, 2014, 06:42:06 pm
Well.   Here we are on the edge of conference play.  Any thoughts?   

My thoughts:  Lincoln might be the team to beat based on depth.  They seem to be the kind of team that will let you beat yourself.  Nothing fancy,  just good enough to let you lose.

PG, Farm, and Gravette have some good individuals, but also need to fill some holes.

Others?
Just to continue with your line of thinking, I feel that Lincoln is better than last year.  They are solid top to bottom and have a bevy of solid pitchers.  They're solid hitters and should be the team to beat.  They have to cut down on errors.  However, PG probably has the best pitcher in the league.  They will be solid also, as always.  Don't know much else about them so someone else will have to fill us in on that.  Gravette impressed me and others at the Springdale tournament.  Will make teams have concern for them.  Can't let down you guard with them.  Farmington, I'm not sure about.  The others in the league I know nothing about.

TIGER101

Oldbadger I'm in Arkadelphia today if you want to buy my lunch!

Oldbadger

Oldbadger

I have eaten but I'll sure buy yours. 

Oldbadger

Hey, Tiger, guess I missed you.  I owe you dinner.  Catch up with you in PG sometime.  I should be there when PG and Lincoln pair off.  See you there.

TIGER101

Just was passing through headed to Oaklawn.   Sorry we missed.

Oldbadger

Well, after you feed the horses, I may HAVE to buy you dinner!!LOL.

TIGER101

I will need someone to buy after what I lost!!

Lionfan

Anyone know how the standings are not seeing much from anyone how is Lincoln in conference play I'm sure that pg is in first but from there don't have a clue we lost to Farmington the other night and we've beat pea ridge, gentry, and ozark.  What are the records of others?

OldMule

I does not appear that anyone is great, but PG and Farm are good, and match up well.  Either of those two can make a run.  Lincoln is the unknown: they should be pretty good, but are they?   Others, to me, seem like they are not likely to contend.

Nip/Tusk

Can pg contend for a state title?

Oldbadger

Lincoln is 3-0 in conference but have two tough games ahead of them.  Gravette Monday and PG in a make up game sometime in the future.  Gravette made some waves in the Springdale tournament and Lincoln played well also.  In alphabetical order it is my opinion that the top four from 1-4A are Farmington, Gravette, Lincoln and PG. Those should go to state also.

cuckoobird

OldMule

Quote from: Oldbadger on April 12, 2014, 04:04:06 pm
Lincoln is 3-0 in conference.......

Those games mean about as much as Gravette beating Gentry.   So far, the only games that have told us anything is the Farm vs PG game (that could have gone either way, even without the crazy weather), and the Farm vs  Gravette game where Gravette's ace got hit pretty hard, and the Farm pitching was pretty sharp.

Anxious to see how PG vs Lincoln goes.  Conference tourney at Lincoln might be tough for teams that don't start with "L".  That Lincoln chip in the shoulder works for those guys at home.  Beware!

Oldbadger

Quote from: OldMule on April 12, 2014, 05:46:22 pm
Quote from: Oldbadger on April 12, 2014, 04:04:06 pm
Lincoln is 3-0 in conference.......

Those games mean about as much as Gravette beating Gentry.   So far, the only games that have told us anything is the Farm vs PG game (that could have gone either way, even without the crazy weather), and the Farm vs  Gravette game where Gravette's ace got hit pretty hard, and the Farm pitching was pretty sharp.

Anxious to see how PG vs Lincoln goes.  Conference tourney at Lincoln might be tough for teams that don't start with "L".  That Lincoln chip in the shoulder works for those guys at home.  Beware!
Except that, if I remember correctly, the conference tourney is at PG.  So, I guess the chip won't work, HuH? Regional is at Lincoln.

Lionfan

I will give credit to the farm bunch they hit the ball well we on the other hand watched way too many strikes.  Would like to have that one over again but no do overs it's a shame we finally decided to play ball in the 5th and closed the gap but to late hard to dig yourself out when you get that deep in, too many errors on routine balls that are usually made.  They are a good team and I hope we will play again and hopefully the boys can play to their ability and we can watch a much more exciting game.  I would say that any of the 4 teams from 1-4a (Lincoln, prairie grove, farmington, & Gravette) could make a pretty good run in state pretty stacked on those 4

OldMule

Harris leaving Lincoln for Football position in Benton.   Good for Harris.  bad for Lincoln.   

Oldbadger

Lincoln over Gravette 6-3.

lil ned23

Pea Ridge over Prairie Grove

Nip/Tusk

^^^

Wow. Didnt see that one coming.

lil ned23

I was actually expecting a low scoring game. Ended up 15 to 14 after Pea Ridge had a nine run lead in the fifth. Slugfest

Oldbadger

April 15, 2014, 10:16:12 pm #78 Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 10:26:55 pm by Oldbadger
Josh, you seem to be pretty close to the situation why don't you see if you can come up with some standings for 1-4A.  Lincoln is 4-0.  I will try to get a couple more for you. I come back in a  few and give you their record.  I think Farmington is 3-1 and Ozark is 1-3.  Gravette is 3-2.

Oldbadger

April 15, 2014, 10:33:44 pm #79 Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 10:38:53 pm by Oldbadger
Okay, somebody correct me if I have this wrong:

Lincoln       4-0
Farmington 3-1
PG              3-1
Gravette     3-2
Pea Ridge   2-2
Ozark         1-3
Berryville   0-4
Gentry       0-4 

Nip/Tusk

I really don't know oldbadger. I just like acting as if I do. Lol

Oldbadger

Well, you do a good job of that!!LOL  I know one has to be wrong since Gravette has played five games someone else would have to, I think.  Some can correct me.

Oldbadger

Important game today in 1-4A between Lincoln and PG.  Lincoln can win conference round robin outright by winning.  Each will have a 5-1 conference record should PG win.  Both teams will bring their best today in a great day for baseball in NW Arkansas.

Nip/Tusk

April 18, 2014, 03:09:41 pm #83 Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 03:17:06 pm by Josh Louin
Should be a good game. I just hope whistler doesn't have too much trouble with all those rowdy pg fans.

Oldbadger, can you keep us updated?

Oldbadger

April 18, 2014, 03:27:02 pm #84 Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 03:30:07 pm by Oldbadger
Quote from: Josh Louin on April 18, 2014, 03:09:41 pm
Should be a good game. I just hope whistler doesn't have too much trouble with all those rowdy pg fans.

I will try.  My phone is messing up frequently on the data.  Probably my carrier slowing me down because I use so much.  If not, I will try to meet up with Tiger101 and between he and I we should be able to.  When I get back to south Arkansas I am changing carriers.

To Tiger 101.  When you get to the game come to the Lincoln side (we'll protect you).  I will be sitting with a short woman wearing a blue blouse and Coach Harris's wife.  I will be the good looking old man sitting next to the short woman.  I always said I wanted a woman to look up to me and so I married a short one.  I will be wearing a Lincoln cap and a green long sleeved striped shirt .  Coach Harris recently had a fence installed to keep the PG crowd away from the Lincoln bunch.  So all should be OK Josh.  Go Wolves!!

Nip/Tusk

Oldbadger, don't blame it on your phone, I totally forgot about Lincoln not having that fancy internet thing.

topcop

Ozark is 2-4 in conference with wins vs. Berryville and Farmington.  Losses to PG, PR, Gravette, and Lincoln.  1 left vs. Gentry

Oldbadger

Hey, Tiger, wife made me change to a short sleeve yellow shirt.  See how she looks up to me!! LOL

Nip/Tusk

At least you're wearing winning colors

beach bum

I thought Tice signed DI.... 15 runs to Pea Ridge?

Nip/Tusk

Pretty sure tice didnt give up all 15 runs.

Oldbadger

Josh, sorry I couldn't get on sooner.  Can't get data on my phone. Anyway, you've heard by now that Lincoln won 6-1.  Errors cost PG 3 runs, but they couldn't get their bats going against Harris.  Harris pitched a one hitter.  Harris hurt his arm against Stillwater and hadn't pitched in a month.  He helped his cause with a three run homer in the 4rth against number 5 (Speed?).  Waited too late to bring in Tice.  Tice shut Lincoln down the last three?  innings.  Harris pitched 6 and Cummings came on in relief and got PG out on two long fly balls and a grounder.  Lincoln also played error free ball.  That's it in a nutshell.  Let me know if you have any more questions.

Nip/Tusk

Well well. Congrats to Lincoln. Was hoping pg would put up a better fight than that. Errors will kill ya every time. Thanks oldbadger.

4AWhistler

Quote from: Josh Louin on April 18, 2014, 03:09:41 pm

Nope, they were all pleasant.

skeeb

Quote from: beach bum on April 18, 2014, 07:08:28 pm
I thought Tice signed DI.... 15 runs to Pea Ridge?
There's some class...

pgfan2016

Josh Lincoln played a solid defensive gave and PG looked like they did in Nashville to start the season.  Heard someone say PG had 7 errors.   Probably accurate I thought 6 or 7.  No earned for either team.   Harris hit a HR for Lincoln other than that Lincoln didn't really hit any sharp ball against PG'S #3 pitcher.  I think the shortstop and 1st baseman had decent hits for lincoln.  PG had only a few balls hit hard in the game too.  Speed had the only hit and Sugg had a deep fly caught at the fence in Right. Someone hit a line drive the last inning too.   In the end just to many errors.
Give Lincoln credit though they deserved this one.  Still don't think they are beating PG when they have to face PG 1 or 2.  They didn't sniff Tice in 3 innings,  but that's what makes good baseball.

Nip/Tusk

Is speed not one of pgs top 2?

pgfan2016

Just me ranking them, I would put him at their #3.  JD is a good pitcher but you have to play good D behind him.  Great stuff just lacks a little velo, so teams will put the ball in play against him.

Oldbadger

PGfan2016 why do you not pitch your ace knowing the importance of this game?  I mean this was for the championship!  Game would have been closer for sure, but still, you have to score runs to win.  PG scored tonight on a balk.  Can always speculate I guess, but these decisions are what makes or breaks a team.

pgfan2016

That was PG's 5th game this week.  No excuse for the errors but probably determined the rotation

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas