• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-4a Baseball 2013

Started by TIGER101, November 02, 2012, 09:29:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gametime

Quote from: TIGER101 on January 07, 2013, 05:55:29 pm
Conlee is the one who moved back to Fayetteville.

I don't know what type of player he was or where he would have played, but I hear he was the one you didn't want to lose.  Farmington dad told me he was very versatile. 

Nip/Tusk

Don't know about that gametime, but PG will be just fine without him.

gametime

Quote from: Perry Grove on January 15, 2013, 03:46:37 pm
Don't know about that gametime, but PG will be just fine without him.

yes sometimes those dads are not the most reliable source.lol lol

NwaSportsFan

They still have a STACKED team though. They should be fine.

NwaSportsFan

gametime

I went by the Farmington field today, and it's starting to come around.  it should be a good host spot for the regionals.

gametime

Tiger I'm hearing the new ballpark PG is getting is top notch. 

Nip/Tusk

I haven't heard anything about that. Are they for sure getting a new one?

gametime

Quote from: Perry Grove on January 29, 2013, 12:49:12 pm
I haven't heard anything about that. Are they for sure getting a new one?

A softball dad from Prairie Grove told me about it.  He said they don't like dealing with the city summer coordinator from PG and want it back on campus.  It's supposed to be as nice as any in the state.

Nip/Tusk

That would be great. PG could use an upgrade on all their athletic facilities.

beach bum

PG definitely needs new facilties. As far as the football field the grass and bleachers are kept up with well. They need new bathrooms and concession stands plus their weightroom is iffy. That could definitely be better. I kind of like the old gym for some reason. I have always liked old gyms but where PG messed up is building that little practice gym at the time when they could have upgraded to a real gym just by waiting a few years. But yeah a baseball field on campus is always better.

TIGER101

Quote from: Perry Grove on January 29, 2013, 07:38:28 pm
That would be great. PG could use an upgrade on all their athletic facilities.

Not sure what they are getting in all.  Do know it looks like new basketball and baseball.  Both are supposed to be nice.  Basketball has been traveling and looking at others to compare it too.  Baseball is looking at turf like what UCA and Bentonville has.

Thomas Hill

I understand and see why PG is the overwhelming favorite to win the conference this year.  Can anyone challenge Farmington for the 2 spot?

NwaSportsFan

Not that I know of... Ozark or maybe Lincoln... But I think its going to be PG, Farmington, then everyone else.

Thomas Hill

Some will not agree but this conference will be boring without Shiloh in it this year. 

Thomas Hill

February 04, 2013, 06:11:49 pm #65 Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 07:32:50 pm by Thomas Hill
I follow Shiloh and if you were to ask Kincaid, Sugg, Bartholomew, kids like that would tell you the same thing.  Those kids want to compete and be pushed.  Plus it was always the best games in the state.  In short this could be the one thing that keeps PG from staying focused enough to win it all.

TIGER101

Quote from: Thomas Hill on February 04, 2013, 06:00:30 pm
Some will not agree but this conference will be boring without Shiloh in it this year.

Don't know if I would go as far as to say it will be boring.  We Play Shiloh a couple of times this year and if you saw the past couple years the regular season games haven't been that great. 

TIGER101

Quote from: Thomas Hill on February 04, 2013, 06:11:49 pm
I follow Shiloh and if you were to ask Kincaid, Sugg, Bartholomew, kids like that would tell you the same thing.  Those kids want to compete and be pushed.  Plus it was always the best games in the state.  In short this could be the one thing that keeps PG from staying focused enough to win it all.

I'm not sure what everyone's schedule is this year.  I can tell you that PG has a tough one.  Plus we still will play you guys a couple of times. Teams like Lincoln, Farmington, and Ozark deserve credit for fielding competitive teams and will not just be walk over games for anyone.  I figure PG will get everyone's best game so staying focus won't be hard to do.

Thomas Hill

Tiger I didn't say I was from Shiloh, I said I follow them.  I did see most of the PG vs Shiloh games the past couple of years and like I said before, they were some of the best games I saw in the state.  I will travel to see PG severa times this year when work allows. 

NwaSportsFan

How many Starters did Ozark lose??

TIGER101

Quote from: Thomas Hill on February 04, 2013, 11:29:51 pm
Tiger I didn't say I was from Shiloh, I said I follow them.  I did see most of the PG vs Shiloh games the past couple of years and like I said before, they were some of the best games I saw in the state.  I will travel to see PG severa times this year when work allows.

Didn't know Shiloh had "just followers"  lol,lol.   Usually it's a love'm or hate'm 

NwaSportsFan

February 07, 2013, 10:49:53 am #71 Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 10:52:16 am by Ground Ball
Whens Your first game??? Anyone..

Thomas Hill

Quote from: Ground Ball on February 07, 2013, 10:49:53 am

First game will be when the wind starts blowing 15mph and temp drops to mid 30's

Thomas Hill

Quote from: TIGER101 on February 06, 2013, 03:02:40 pm
Quote from: Thomas Hill on February 04, 2013, 11:29:51 pm

Didn't know Shiloh had "just followers"  lol,lol.   Usually it's a love'm or hate'm

Do you have the dates of the PG / Shiloh games?

NwaSportsFan

Quote from: Thomas Hill on February 09, 2013, 09:10:22 am

First game will be when the wind starts blowing 15mph and temp drops to mid 30's
Cuteeee

Oldbadger

Quote from: Ground Ball on February 09, 2013, 09:31:49 pm

Cuteeee
Fact is, he is right!  I have been colder at a baseball game in North Arkansas than at almost all football games.

Thomas Hill

of course I'm right, I would never say it if it were not true

Nip/Tusk

February 16, 2013, 01:45:42 pm #77 Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 02:59:19 pm by Perry Grove
Jalen Beeks had a successful debut for the diamond hogs this afternoon. 4 ks in 3 innings. Way to go Jalen. Reppin' the grove.

h82lose

Quote from: Ground Ball on February 05, 2013, 10:52:43 am
How many Starters did Ozark lose??

I believe we only had 5 seniors on the team.  4 starters. 

beach bum

Are any other teams in Arkansas taking part in the tournament down in Orlando, FL during spring break like PG is?

Thomas Hill

I'm wanting to go see a game on Monday.  Does Prairie Grove play at home or in Harrison?

Thomas Hill

Saw that it was in Harrison.

TIGER101

TIGER101

February 23, 2013, 09:34:14 pm #83 Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 09:43:09 pm by TIGER101

It looks like Thomas was right.  The forecast I'm hearing is 3 to 6 inches of snow on Monday.  That will probably cancel both games Monday and Tuesday and also other parts of arkansas.

NwaSportsFan

Quote from: beach bum on February 22, 2013, 12:47:55 pm
Are any other teams in Arkansas taking part in the tournament down in Orlando, FL during spring break like PG is?
The odds of that are slim to none...

TIGER101

Did any other 1-4a teams play today?

NwaSportsFan

We play @ Springdale 4:30 But it might get canceled..

Nip/Tusk

Pg beat Harrison yesterday.

NwaSportsFan

How did both teams look? and Farmingtons game got canceled AGAIN.. 3 out of 3

Nip/Tusk

Heard pg looked very good. Didn't hear anything about Harrison.

TIGER101

PG beat Siloam tonight 5-1.  To be honest it's really too cold to tell how you played. 

TIGER101

Thomas Hill

I went today and watched Prairie Grove defeat Springdale.  They had two throwing mistakes probably because of the cold, but other than that they are what I would call a flawless team.  I'm not saying they are going to win every game, but to beat them you better bring your A game, no matter what classification you are.

Nip/Tusk

I'm sure pg's coach would tell you they are not flawless, but I agree....they'll be very tough to beat.

101, how long do you think PG can keep their coach?  Has he had other offers? Do you think he'll stick around?

TIGER101

Quote from: Perry Grove on March 02, 2013, 08:54:39 pm
I'm sure pg's coach would tell you they are not flawless, but I agree....they'll be very tough to beat.

101, how long do you think PG can keep their coach?  Has he had other offers? Do you think he'll stick around?

we get this question quite often.  all I know is he married a local girl and seems to be somewhat happy where he is at.  we have heard rumors that other schools are pursuing him, but I really don't know to be honest. I'm sure everyone has a price but some people just like staying in a smaller school.  I told him he better make sure he stays here this year and next year.  After that it will be somebody else's worry.   ;D

Nip/Tusk

Baseball hasn't really been a priority in a lot of Arkansas schools, including PG. Does he get what he needs to be successful?  I know PG is a football school first and for most (also like most other schools). But usually the good football teams are also good in baseball.
I'd be interested to see what he could do with a team that doesn't have the talent that PG has. But for your sake at least 2 more years.

beach bum

March 03, 2013, 07:02:43 am #96 Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 07:12:01 am by beach bum
PG has the best coaches as a whole in the 1-4A and the baseball coach is by far the best no question...but it does help to have 2 pitchers( 1 already with the Razorbacks & another moving on there next year). Beeks was great from his upbringing and a coaches dream as far as his  work ethic. Beeks was really the driving force those 1st few years but where you see the coaching is the few mistakes in PGs games for the high school level. That wins you the close games. And you dont make that many consecutive trips deep into the playoffs without establishing a tone for the program has the coach.

Thomas Hill

March 03, 2013, 09:05:20 am #97 Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 09:27:37 am by Thomas Hill
When is Farmington going to start baseball?  I really want to see them play next week.  Anyone know if Shiloh plays Farmington any this year?

TIGER101

Quote from: Perry Grove on March 02, 2013, 10:15:32 pm
Baseball hasn't really been a priority in a lot of Arkansas schools, including PG. Does he get what he needs to be successful?  I know PG is a football school first and for most (also like most other schools). But usually the good football teams are also good in baseball.
I'd be interested to see what he could do with a team that doesn't have the talent that PG has. But for your sake at least 2 more years.

it wasn't a real high priority for quite some time.  I believe it's making a big comeback in all the schools.  when you see kids quitting football and basketball just to play baseball, that's something you rarely saw in the past. 

as far as what he can do after losing the players he will lose the next 2 years, we will just have to wait and see. I can tell you though that it will be hard for any other coach no matter how much talent they have to out work him. 

Nip/Tusk

Schools lose money during baseball and softball season. In PG, football is king and probably always will be because it makes the most money. It'll be interesting to see if he gets tired of playing second or even third fiddle and decides to move on to greener pastures.
Even when pg softball won 3 state titles, it never was a priority.
I do think this is the year, hopefully, that PG baseball gets their day in the sun and brings a state title to the grove.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas