• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-4a Baseball 2013

Started by TIGER101, November 02, 2012, 09:29:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TIGER101

I think baseball will always play second fiddle at every school due to numbers.  Even at the UofA, if Van Horn was to win the College World Series and the football program have a 4 or 5 win season next year it still would not matter.. 

Nip/Tusk

Thomas Hill

The other sports will never have the strategy that baseball has.  It is the most pure game in athletics. 

Nip/Tusk

^^^^^^^^^

Sincerely,

Mark McGwire
Sammy Sosa
Juan Gonzalez
Alex Rodriguez
Roger Clemens

TIGER101

I don't think that's the pure he meant.   Lol.....

Thomas Hill

Quote from: Perry Grove on March 03, 2013, 03:15:20 pm
^^^^^^^^^

Sincerely,

Mark McGwire
Sammy Sosa
Juan Gonzalez
Alex Rodriguez
Roger Clemens

That was pure steroids and HGH,

NwaSportsFan

Quote from: Thomas Hill on March 03, 2013, 09:05:20 am
When is Farmington going to start baseball?  I really want to see them play next week.  Anyone know if Shiloh plays Farmington any this year?
We play today @ home against Elkins @ 4:30. Its the 1st game.. Show up  ;D

TIGER101

You can just keep us informed

Oldbadger

Lincoln had a slugfest with Charleston tonight with Lincoln winning 20-10.  Don't know any more details.

TIGER101

Come on oldbadger, we need details.  By the way, where has your old buddy been?

Oldbadger

Quote from: TIGER101 on March 04, 2013, 10:18:26 pm
Was'nt at the game.  But heard that Riggins and Simmons pitched.  The game lasted about 2 and 1/2 hours so must have been a lot of walks by Charleston.  Heard on the 3A board that Charleston used six pitchers.  All I know.

NwaSportsFan

Farmington threw a combined no-hitter against Elkins.. 10-0

Oldbadger

If you mean Gametime, he must be hibernating.  With all this snow and cold weather.  He'll show up soon!!!

Cajun Hog

Farmington beat Maumelle 14-4 and Dover 6-4 last night in Diver Tournament. Moved to 4-0 on season.

mellonhead

Berryville 8-0 over Huntsville

Thomas Hill

March 08, 2013, 06:50:43 pm #115 Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 08:33:55 am by Thomas Hill
Surprised nothing has been said about the Shiloh vs PG game.  Went and not sure if I was impressed with Shiloh or surprised that PG looked so sluggish after seeing them earlier.  Shiloh is young and have a few holes, doesn't look like they will have the pitching.  Kincaid looked ok for this early, but was never really threatened.  I think he gave up 2 hits.  PG will have to hit slow pitching better.  Note, they struggled with 75mph fastball and slower curve ball.

Baseballdude

Didnt they play Fayettville the night before? If so I can see how it would be difficult facing 2 Elite pitchers in the 7a, then facing lower 70's. but a good team should be able to make that adjustment quicker than 6 innings. Now don't get me wrong it was a great matchup between two great teams

NwaSportsFan

Farmington just beat Pottsville to win the Dover tourney.. 14-4

NwaSportsFan

How's everyone else doing???

gametime

Quote from: Oldbadger on March 05, 2013, 01:39:40 pm
If you mean Gametime, he must be hibernating.  With all this snow and cold weather.  He'll show up soon!!!

I'm not dead yet.  My kido's are done and gone.  I just check in out periodically to make sure that you're staying on top of your game.  I'll still be keeping my eye on those Wolves this year to make sure you're not trying to talk them up too much. ;)

NwaSportsFan

Farmington is 7-0. how is everyone else doing???

Oldbadger

Quote from: Ground Ball on March 14, 2013, 10:56:55 am
Farmington is 7-0. how is everyone else doing???
Lincoln is 2-1 with several rainouts.

Oldbadger

Lincoln beats Green Forest 14-1.  Are now at 3-1.

NwaSportsFan

13-8 Farmington over Ozark and winning the Ozark Tourmey...

skeeb

OldMule

I'm happy for the Prairie Grove kids who got to go to Florida for Spring Break to play baseball (and I assume, have a little fun too).  Good for them!  I hope they have a great time.

The rest of us are doing fundraisers to buy uniforms and equipment.  A trip to Florida is not something we could even consider.  How did the PG team pay for that trip?  What fundraisers?  I would guess that such a trip would be $2,000-$3,000 per kid.  How did that trip become a reality?

TIGER101

I Would Like To Say The School Paid For It, But We All Know Thats Not True.  They Raised About $30,000 In A Few Months. The Kids Worked Their Butts Off.

OldMule

How did they raise the money?   $30,000 is a huge number, and that doesn't even account for the $10,000 or so regular season costs.

Nip/Tusk

I may be wrong, but I find it hard to believe in today's economy in a town like pg, they could raise that amount. I'm guessing they had some heavy hitters do the majority of that funding.

TIGER101

Not One Dime Was Donated, All Raised.  They Cleaned Razorback Stadium Aftet Every Home Game Last Year, Had Yard Sale, Did A GolF Ball Drop, Along With Others. It Was Not Easy.   

"They Are Not Flyig"

Nip/Tusk

That makes more sense. I know there used to be a lot of money in they little town, but didn't know if there still is. Maybe the facilties for athletics and schools can get some of it. They're still pretty run down from what I hear.

TIGER101

Wish We Could Have Raised A Little Money For The Parents........ Flying There Today And Would Like To Have An Extra couple K To Blow..Lol

BGR

where in Florida is the PG team?   Greenwood is in a Pensacola tournament this week.

TIGER101

TIGER101

A big game is going to be played in Farmington Thursday.  Hope the weather holds up.

beach bum

I noticed Jalen Beeks from PG so far has pitched 16 and 1/3 innings for the Razorbacks with only giving up 2 runs for an ERA of 1.10. I know there is a lot of season left but that kid is completely underrated. I think a lot of people overlooked him because he may not be the strongest, fastest, throw 95 mph, etc. and so on but the kid has just enough talent and is just rediculously smart as a pitcher. He is just one of the players that gets the job done without being flashy. Keep up the good work!

Thomas Hill

Quote from: TIGER101 on March 23, 2013, 01:34:36 pm
A big game is going to be played in Farmington Thursday.  Hope the weather holds up.

Tiger, what is scheduled game time for this one?   

gametime

Not tiger but I think 5pm

NwaSportsFan

Hows everyone looking so far? Records?? Good offensive/defensive players???

gametime

A suggestion for this 1-4a board.  Shut it down, boring, no intrest.  All that's left is Perry Grove, 101, and Ground ball.  Only two towns represent.  What needs to happen is PG and Farmington go move to a real conference with real baseball competition.  Lincoln, Berryville, Pea Ridge, Gravette, Ozark, and Gentry need to go join the 1-3a or drop out of baseball altogether.  The good old  days when myself, old badger, tiger101, kustpin, leatherneck, loveofthegame, and many others had some great times on FF. I respect the guys from the past because we were able to pick and make fun of each other in good fun. 

After this year when Farmington loses this Sr class and the following season when PG loses it's Jr class this conference will never be the same in baseball.   I guess what I could do is spend a few days on here and stir things up a little but its not even worth it.  It's just a shame that Farmington and PG has to go through this year playing these teams.  I would say good luck to both Farmington and PG this year but you will not need it against these teams.

NwaSportsFan

OldMule

Quote from: gametime on March 26, 2013, 11:27:53 am
A suggestion for this 1-4a board.  Shut it down, boring, no intrest.  All that's left is Perry Grove, 101, and Ground ball.  Only two towns represent.  What needs to happen is PG and Farmington go move to a real conference with real baseball competition.  Lincoln, Berryville, Pea Ridge, Gravette, Ozark, and Gentry need to go join the 1-3a or drop out of baseball altogether.  The good old  days when myself, old badger, tiger101, kustpin, leatherneck, loveofthegame, and many others had some great times on FF. I respect the guys from the past because we were able to pick and make fun of each other in good fun. 

After this year when Farmington loses this Sr class and the following season when PG loses it's Jr class this conference will never be the same in baseball.   I guess what I could do is spend a few days on here and stir things up a little but its not even worth it.  It's just a shame that Farmington and PG has to go through this year playing these teams.  I would say good luck to both Farmington and PG this year but you will not need it against these teams.

It's boring because there have been no games.  Last week was Spring Break.  It's been cold so we have been playing poorly when we did play, and we've been playing out of conference opponents.  Hopefully, all that changes this week.  It's fun to play your friends, and it's fun to play your rivals, and the fun starts this week.  Play ball.  Then we'll have something to talk about.

gametime

March 26, 2013, 12:34:02 pm #142 Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 01:05:22 pm by gametime
Only 3 scores have been posted that are not Farmington or PG.  2 of them were Lincoln.  First this conference loses Shiloh and next year Farmington. Who does that leave?   I would not want to be PG and have to play this competition.  Maybe that's why they have to play a 7A schedule and travel to Orlando.  Who's getting fired up to play Berryville and Gravette.  Then in the end that's what convinces Cameron to leave PG. 

Oldbadger

Quote from: OldMule on March 26, 2013, 12:10:54 pm

It's boring because there have been no games.  Last week was Spring Break.  It's been cold so we have been playing poorly when we did play, and we've been playing out of conference opponents.  Hopefully, all that changes this week.  It's fun to play your friends, and it's fun to play your rivals, and the fun starts this week.  Play ball.  Then we'll have something to talk about.

Hey, gametime, you may think I'm not around, but I have to keep an eye on your posts.  I thought you were still hibernating with all this cold weather.  Of course you know I support Lincoln, but we have not played enough games to know how we really are.  We will have an idea now that conference is starting.  We have missed playing four games, I think.  Really crushed everyone except Cedarville.  We have some good solid pitching but will need a great defense behind them.  Anxious to see how we do against some "real teams" like Farmington and Prairie Grove.  Later.

gametime

I gave you props Oladbadger. :o

My biggest complaint is where this conference is headed and it doesn't look good.

Skunk Ape, Esq.

Yes!  Great idea! If you don't have support on a message board with a bunch of "has beens" then you should be demoted in classification!!

gametime for AAA Director!!

You do realize that talent in schools the size of these is very cyclical? You said it yourself that both Farmington and PG are going to lose talent in the next few years. That's the same thing that happened in the schools/towns you mentioned in your tirade. Ask Coach Cameron if he looked forward to playing Gravette or Pea Ridge in his first year when he didn't have the talent he has now and those teams did. I watched some really good baseball being played in this conference by teams not named Prairie Grove for a few years before the past couple.

And, if your mission was to fire up this board and bring me out of hibernation...well played, sir.

gametime

March 26, 2013, 01:44:46 pm #146 Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 01:46:21 pm by gametime
SKE, nicccccce to hear from ya.  Have heard from a few of us old timers today.  Sometimes you just throw a bone out there and see who comes to eat.    ;)
There is a little truth to my tirade as you call it.  When Farmington and Cameron are gone this conference will be down even more. 

Skunk Ape, Esq.

Quote from: gametime on March 26, 2013, 01:44:46 pm
SKE, nicccccce to hear from ya.  Have heard from a few of us old timers today.  Sometimes you just throw a bone out there and see who comes to eat.    ;)
There is a little truth to my tirade as you call it.  When Farmington and Cameron are gone this conference will be down even more.

Don't get me wrong here...I agree. The conference can not stand to lose quality programs. PG and Farmington are quality programs. I figure coaches in the conference were not sad to see Shiloh go, but from a quality stand point it hurt losing them. Gentry had a brief rise last season, but I don't see that holding. Gravette has been down for three years. Berryville kids would rather play in the band. Lincoln brought some decent competition but how long can they hold it? Pea Ridge has been a bit down but I never count them out.

With that being said, I was on my way to watch Gravette Pea Ridge today but it has been canceled.

gametime

Haven't heard but I figure all the games will be cancelled today.

gametime

One of my points is you start hearing about a few players here and there coming up.  Just don't hear much these days other than a dad or two talking about how great little johnny is.  I know a few from Farmington but not sure on the depth of players and don't look like they will even be part of it. 
I know I read it on FF awhile back, but heard myself that PG won't be able keep Cameron after next year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas