• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-4a Baseball 2013

Started by TIGER101, November 02, 2012, 09:29:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TIGER101

Just a reminder to new posters.  This thread has been removed once already  due to inappropriate comments about a coach or player.  A friend of mine said  "never say anything on these boards that you would not want to read about your own kid"  I think that   is a very wise statement.  Can't help from a little smack talking sometimes though if in good fun.  As you will see when Oldbadger and gametime go B&F at each other, but usually all in fun.  I think so anyway!   :-\

Hog Ball

I didnt see what was said but these are still 16-18 year old kids. Sometimes we forget that

TIGER101

NwaSportsFan

gametime

Gametime and Oldbadger are buddies.  Don't be saying bad things about us.  We have dinner together at least once a month just to compare our hit list. ::)

TIGER101

And so were the Hatfields and the McCoys.

Oldbadger

Quote from: gametime on November 05, 2012, 01:01:50 pm
Gametime and Oldbadger are buddies.  Don't be saying bad things about us.  We have dinner together at least once a month just to compare our hit list. ::)
And one of these days he will buy!! LOL.  Looking forward to baseball.  As you know, Lincoln mosied through not only the 1-3A but beat every team in 1-4A last year.  PG beat them once.  They did lose three pitchers who were very good, but have a few good young ones coming up.  It will be interesting!!!

NwaSportsFan

Lincoln will be the 3 or 4 IMO... but who knows?? Its early..  ::)

hillbilly

How good is the Harris kid from Lincoln? I think he threw a no hitter last year as a Fresh.

NwaSportsFan

Quote from: hillbilly on November 28, 2012, 10:34:05 pm
How good is the Harris kid from Lincoln? I think he threw a no hitter last year as a Fresh.
He's nothing crazy. He had a good D- to help him with that. When he played us he couldn't hit the strike zone at all.

Oldbadger

Quote from: Ground Ball on November 29, 2012, 08:28:40 am
He's nothing crazy. He had a good D- to help him with that. When he played us he couldn't hit the strike zone at all.
Most pitchers do need a good D to help with a no hitter.  Otherwise it would be a perfect game, which, by the way, this game was within one walked batter from being a perfect game. 
As for the Harris kid. I talked to his Dad last week. The bad news is that he broke his elbow playing in the next to last game in football.  The good news is--it was his left, he throws right.  He is healing very well and will be ready for baseball.  He is about 2 to 3 inches taller and 15 to 20 pounds heavier than last year.  As a freshman he finished the season with only two fielding errors and was second on the team in hitting for a team that finished 29-5 and went to the semi finals of the state tournament.  As I stated before they lost only to Prairie Grove in 1-4A.  They beat all the other teams.  They also lost their two top pitchers which will hurt.  Some young pitchers will have to come through for them.  It will be interesting.
As for the game which you said he couldn't find the strike zone--what pitcher has not had a game like that?  Even the pros do!  So, we'll see I guess.

NwaSportsFan

November 30, 2012, 08:42:21 am #11 Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 10:56:47 am by Ground Ball
Well alright... Does Gravette have anyone to pitch??? Or PR???

gametime

December 02, 2012, 05:02:42 pm #12 Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 05:04:49 pm by gametime
Who is the Harris kid you guys are talking about?   Never heard of him

It's not that coaches kid is it.  Didn't know he played baseball

Oldbadger

Quote from: gametime on December 02, 2012, 05:02:42 pm
Who is the Harris kid you guys are talking about?   Never heard of him

It's not that coaches kid is it.  Didn't know he played baseball
LOL.  Trying to play dumb again, or, are you playing?  Do you also post on the baseball forum?
Oh well, so do I.  Talk later, after basketball.  He would have played basketball, but, you know how it is--they want you to be able to use both arms. LOL. 

gametime

Actually being truthful.  Didn't know he ever played baseball.  Oldbadger it's football 1st then baseball, but both of mine have graduated so I just roam around and look for you. :-*

TIGER101

FINALLY IT'S BASEBALL SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NwaSportsFan

gametime

December 10, 2012, 01:53:51 pm #17 Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 02:14:06 pm by gametime
Quote from: Ground Ball on December 10, 2012, 08:11:44 am
;D

Groundball what's your opinion on how good Farmington will be this year?  Do you know anything about the 2 move ins to PG.

NwaSportsFan

Farmington will be better than what people think. We also have 2 move-ins. One from Cali, and the other is from Rogers. They will both make a good difference on the team. As for the moves in for P.G. , im not really sure how good they are, but I heard they are good. P.G. was stacked before them, so they are just more help.

Sportsfan10

PG dominates the 1-4a this year with out a doubt. Kincaid, Bartholomew, Henderson, Halbert, Tice, Sugg, and the two new move ins Speed and Conlee will be way to much to handle.

gametime

Quote from: Sportsfan10 on December 12, 2012, 07:17:01 pm
PG dominates the 1-4a this year with out a doubt. Kincaid, Bartholomew, Henderson, Halbert, Tice, Sugg, and the two new move ins Speed and Conlee will be way to much to handle.

Yes I agree.  They won't have any holes.  PG guy at ballgame this last Friday night said look for them to be deep in the rotation, deeper than last year.    Said not sure where they all will play though.  He said only positions set are probably Kincaid, Sugg, Henderson, and Halbert.  All others he wouldn't predict. 

gametime

Hey 101, what's the latest on Kincaid after his surgery?

All Bench All the time

Quote from: Oldbadger on November 29, 2012, 10:15:38 pm
Quote from: Ground Ball on November 29, 2012, 08:28:40 am
Most pitchers do need a good D to help with a no hitter.  Otherwise it would be a perfect game, which, by the way, this game was within one walked batter from being a perfect game. 
As for the Harris kid. I talked to his Dad last week. The bad news is that he broke his elbow playing in the next to last game in football.  The good news is--it was his left, he throws right.  He is healing very well and will be ready for baseball.  He is about 2 to 3 inches taller and 15 to 20 pounds heavier than last year.  As a freshman he finished the season with only two fielding errors and was second on the team in hitting for a team that finished 29-5 and went to the semi finals of the state tournament.  As I stated before they lost only to Prairie Grove in 1-4A.  They beat all the other teams.  They also lost their two top pitchers which will hurt.  Some young pitchers will have to come through for them.  It will be interesting.
As for the game which you said he couldn't find the strike zone--what pitcher has not had a game like that?  Even the pros do!  So, we'll see I guess.

This has to be his dad
to much inside info on both Football and Baseball

gametime

I don't think its his dad but I have a good though.  If nothing else it is his agent.  Oldbadger has been promoting him since he was in 7th grade.  Lol lol lol

Oldbadger

Quote from: gametime on December 20, 2012, 06:12:51 pm
I don't think its his dad but I have a good though.  If nothing else it is his agent.  Oldbadger has been promoting him since he was in 7th grade.  Lol lol lol
No, not his Dad, but a close kin.  If he pans out like I am promoting him I will be his agent!!LOL.  And it was since the 6th grade when he arrived at Lincoln!!  Merry Christmas to all posters on 1-4A and especially to my nemisis, Gametime!!

gametime

Nemesis?  I thought we were inseparable. :'(

NwaSportsFan

Its getting closer to baseball!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

TIGER101

Quote from: Ground Ball on December 21, 2012, 08:05:45 am
Its getting closer to baseball!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You must be right because here comes the snow, wind and cold.....

TIGER101

Oldbadger who will Lincoln have for a pitching staff this year?

Oldbadger

I'm really not sure, but some names I will throw out should pitch some:  Cummings, Simmons, McCastlin, Harris, Riggins.  There may be others but these pitched last year.

TIGER101

I figured that would be the names.  Just didn't know if maybe they had a move in or transfer.

Oldbadger

Quote from: TIGER101 on December 28, 2012, 07:29:36 am
I figured that would be the names.  Just didn't know if maybe they had a move in or transfer.
Don't know of any.  Don't know of any freshman that will contribute.  Harris's younger brother, an eighth grader this year, will be a force at the plate as a freshman.  He is already hitting the ball over 320 feet. 

gametime

Come on now Oldbadger.  320 ???  Must be doing soft toss with golf balls.

Oldbadger

Quote from: gametime on December 29, 2012, 10:02:37 am
Come on now Oldbadger.  320 ???  Must be doing soft toss with golf balls.
Now Gametime, would I lead you astray?LOL  No kidding, he hit 16 homeruns last summer as a 12 year old playing on a travel team from the Lincoln area.  At a tournament in Van Buren he hit one pitch over the road where cars entered the park area.  Never found the ball.  He is 5'10" inches tall and weighs 185.  He is 13 now and will help the Lincoln football team as well.  He plays fullback and middlelinebacker.  Of course he is only in the 8th grade this year, so it will be a while. 

gametime

Oldbadger might want to ask this one for 25% commission on future earnings. 

TIGER101

Quote from: gametime on December 20, 2012, 09:10:18 am
Hey 101, what's the latest on Kincaid after his surgery?

I think he's doing well.  Football players and off season players just getting in the grove.  A couple of player arm issues but nothing to major.  Need b-ballers to get there too.  That sport just sucks up good oxygen..  Just waiting till Febuary!!

Nip/Tusk

101, I thought you went to all the basketball games? Doesn't your son play?

TIGER101

Quote from: Perry Grove on January 05, 2013, 06:26:20 pm
101, I thought you went to all the basketball games? Doesn't your son play?

Yes I do go to a lot of them just not many this year.  I go to say a prayer that none of the baseball players get injured that night........  Enjoy watching the PG girls play or maybe it's just that I want to be there when Froud blows up next, "that's fun to watch", but not sure how much fun if a parent......  mine retired a few years back from basketball, thank God.

Flanders

101 I didnt know any baseball players played besides the little point guard

TIGER101

Halbert, Kilgore, Speed, Arguello

gametime

Just found out that one of the move-ins to Prairie Grove just left school and went back  Fayetteville.  What's up?

Nip/Tusk

I had not heard that gametime. Do you know which one?

gametime

Quote from: Perry Grove on January 07, 2013, 04:34:15 pm
I had not heard that gametime. Do you know which one?

Not sure if he said Fayetteville or Bentonville but thought he said Fayetteville.

TIGER101

January 07, 2013, 05:55:29 pm #43 Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 12:37:19 pm by TIGER101
Conlee is the one who moved back to Fayetteville.

NwaSportsFan

Who all is in the Dover Tourney from Nwa???? I know we are (Farmington)

gametime

Quote from: Ground Ball on January 08, 2013, 11:06:22 am
Who all is in the Dover Tourney from Nwa???? I know we are (Farmington)

Probably not many.  Not a very good tournament.

NwaSportsFan

Well thats not good :/ Is it as good or worse than the Ozark tourney??

gametime

Quote from: Ground Ball on January 11, 2013, 10:49:01 am
Well thats not good :/ Is it as good or worse than the Ozark tourney??

It's not any good either.

gametime

Let's be honest.  If PG had not been in that tournament with us it would have stunk.

NwaSportsFan

Ya, It really would have been... They made it look alot more better.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas