• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-3A Baseball

Started by 3aDomination69, November 29, 2011, 11:10:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldbadger

Quote from: tiger fan 13 on April 10, 2012, 03:31:24 pm
funny how some just dissapear when you ask a question! ::)
Quote from: TIGER101 on April 10, 2012, 10:12:49 am
Okay Rusty and oldbadger, serious question for you.  Been keeping track this year of the wolves.  Their trend is to feast on the weak but when faced with a little quality, they might struggle a bit.  Have a very good record overall with only two losses.   Other than the two wins earlier in the year against PG and Farmington, are they going to be able to compete at a high enough level to advance come state?  I was one who thought they could, but after the second PG game the other night it has to make you question what will happen if things get tight.  The weakness of the 1-3A could come back to bite you.
Hey!  Can't stay on the computer all the time.  Some of us have to work!  No, seriously.  I was in Little Rock with my wife at her doctor's appointment.
To answer your question.  I feel Lincoln has the capability to go very deep, possibly win the state.  Contrary to what many say, Lincoln has only four seniors.  Granted, they are top notch, but, most of the team is young.  This youth is the only soft spot.  But, as in any baseball game, when two top quality teams play, anything can happen.  So, it will take a little luck, but they do have the talent.  They won't play any one the first round this year who will be pitching for the Hogs next year.  So most certainly, second or third round, but possibly the title.

Oldbadger

I wasn't at the game but if you will read my previous post the game between Farmington and Lincoln was one of the games I was talking about when I said "when two quality teams play anything can happen!"  After 3 hours of play Lincoln finally beat Farmington 23 to 14 in 7 innings.  As I said, I don't know if it was a slugfest or a walkfest but it was unusual.  You never know in the game of baseball.  I have seen it in the pros and in college.  It just happens.

Rusty Shackleford

Quote from: tiger fan 13 on April 10, 2012, 03:31:24 pm
funny how some just dissapear when you ask a question! ::)

Yes, because "disappearing" is not answering for a few hours.... tool.

Rusty Shackleford

Quote from: TIGER101 on April 10, 2012, 10:12:49 am
Okay Rusty and oldbadger, serious question for you.  Been keeping track this year of the wolves.  Their trend is to feast on the weak but when faced with a little quality, they might struggle a bit.  Have a very good record overall with only two losses.   Other than the two wins earlier in the year against PG and Farmington, are they going to be able to compete at a high enough level to advance come state?  I was one who thought they could, but after the second PG game the other night it has to make you question what will happen if things get tight.  The weakness of the 1-3A could come back to bite you.

I've got a serious answer for you.

In my opinion they can go deep, if not all the way in the post season... on one condition.

That would be if the team has the right mindset.  Lincoln like most teams, can loose focus on times after so many wins. This is part of the reason I think those 2 looses were good for them.  If the Lincoln boys don't get a big head, focus, and play hard they can go far.

TIGER101

Giving up a lot of runs here lately!!

leatherneck

Quote from: TIGER101 on April 10, 2012, 10:42:37 pm
Giving up a lot of runs here lately!!
but scoring more than theyre giving is the key!!

BigRigg11

Its funny how PG beats Lincoln on a bad day, they are all the sudden better. Baseball is a crazy game, just as OldBadger said it happens in pros and college. PG beat Lincoln once and have a big head. The records show Lincoln has won 2 games out of the last 3 games played between Lincoln and PG. And i havent heard any thing from Lincoln about how much better than they are than PG.

tiger fan 13

April 16, 2012, 10:27:29 am #107 Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 11:05:24 am by tiger fan 13
LINCOLN IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gametime

April 16, 2012, 09:02:47 pm #108 Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 06:24:45 pm by gametime
Bigrigg

Young man my suggestion is to just play and let the adults have these conversations.

leatherneck

seen em both a few times and id take pg in a single game elimination. and would take pg in a 3 game series.
pg will be in final 4
lincoln should win it all in 3a, they better this year, cause they wont next year.

gametime

Its going to be a long year for them in 2013.  They lose everything, and their top two games in Farmington and PG has everyone coming back.  All I can say is petition the AAA because it's not going to fair for those kids to go through it..........

Oldbadger

Quote from: gametime on April 17, 2012, 07:15:04 pm
Its going to be a long year for them in 2013.  They lose everything, and their top two games in Farmington and PG has everyone coming back.  All I can say is petition the AAA because it's not going to fair for those kids to go through it..........
Let's play this game a year at a time.  We'll worry about next year, next year.  I can tell you one thing, Lincoln is not worried about next year.

gametime

We finally agree on something.   They should be worried about this year.......

gametime

But they still wont be very good next year

NwaSportsFan

Quote from: gametime on April 17, 2012, 10:26:14 pm
This is the last chance they have.. Hopefully they will win. BTW Im not a Lincoln Poster  ;)

Oldbadger

Have to wait and see, I guess.

Rusty Shackleford

I've never said you post about Lincoln, without then mentioning the next year.  C'mon gametime.

gametime

April 18, 2012, 06:51:26 pm #117 Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 07:50:57 pm by gametime
Rusty I have nothing against Lincoln. 

Oldbadger

Lincoln swept Green Forest tonight 3-0 and 10-0.  They are now 21-3 on the year and 10-0 in conference.

TIGER101

Oldbadger did Lincoln lose any conference games this year?

Oldbadger

Quote from: TIGER101 on April 18, 2012, 09:31:02 pm
Oldbadger did Lincoln lose any conference games this year?
No.  They lost only to PG, and Inola, OK and Stillwell, Ok.

TIGER101

Quote from: BigRigg11 on April 16, 2012, 09:33:17 am
Its funny how PG beats Lincoln on a bad day, they are all the sudden better. Baseball is a crazy game, just as OldBadger said it happens in pros and college. PG beat Lincoln once and have a big head. The records show Lincoln has won 2 games out of the last 3 games played between Lincoln and PG. And i havent heard any thing from Lincoln about how much better than they are than PG.

Bigrigg11 I have yet to hear anyone from PG bragging or acting like they have a big head.  We know Lincoln has a good team and if you go back and check past post you will see that.  If you are referring to me mentioning that Lincoln gave up a lot of runs a while back, you were for a few games.  Was just making a statement.

leatherneck

i know lincoln will win the league but who is second and third

Oldbadger

Quote from: leatherneck on April 18, 2012, 11:52:26 pm
i know lincoln will win the league but who is second and third
Actually, Lincoln won the league title by sweeping Green Forest yesterday.  They finished 10-0 and have two more varsity games left for the regular season.  They are 21-3 on the year.

TIGER101

Oldbadger can you or rusty tell me where the district is at for 1-3A this year

3aDomination69

Quote from: TIGER101 on April 20, 2012, 10:14:38 am
Oldbadger can you or rusty tell me where the district is at for 1-3A this year
The District Tournament is at Lincoln!

TIGER101

Lincoln last year wasn't it?

Rusty Shackleford

Quote from: TIGER101 on April 20, 2012, 02:06:26 pm

Last I heard was that it was supposed to be at Cedarville, but since their fields aren't completely done yet they picked Lincoln.  Someone told me they picked Lincoln because of the nice facility and familiarity.

Oldbadger

There may be other games tonight but Lincoln beat Pea Ridge tonight 15-0.  The Lincoln pitcher pitched a run rule no-hitter and came within one walked batter of pitching a perfect game.  He faced 16 batters and the only one to reach base was a walk.  Even more fantastic--the pitcher was  9th grader Drew Harris. 

TIGER101

Quote from: Rusty Shackleford on April 20, 2012, 05:57:20 pm

Last I heard was that it was supposed to be at Cedarville, but since their fields aren't completely done yet they picked Lincoln.  Someone told me they picked Lincoln because of the nice facility and familiarity.

Do you know the standings or schedule?  Start on Thursday or Friday?

Oldbadger

Quote from: TIGER101 on April 20, 2012, 07:02:53 pm
Quote from: Rusty Shackleford on April 20, 2012, 05:57:20 pm

Do you know the standings or schedule?  Start on Thursday or Friday?
Don't know the standings but district starts Friday and goes through Saturday, then finishes on Monday.

leatherneck

does 3a have a regional or go directly to state, will anyone besides lincoln have a chance?

Oldbadger

Quote from: leatherneck on April 22, 2012, 08:55:27 am
does 3a have a regional or go directly to state, will anyone besides lincoln have a chance?
Yes, 3A has regionals.  Those 3A schools in other districts I know nothing about, but whoever is 2nd or 3rd in 1-3A always have a chance.  I would hate to think otherwise.  Most 1-3A schools were down this year with the exception of Lincoln.  Lincoln has a good chance at State, I feel, because of their record against th 1-4A schools and others.  But, in baseball, as you well know, anything can happen.  Luck does play a part in any athletic competition.

leatherneck

Ya i agree, but pitching and defense wins most ballgames. the hits and runs will come , and lincoln has all 3

Oldbadger

Quote from: leatherneck on April 22, 2012, 09:24:13 am
Ya i agree, but pitching and defense wins most ballgames. the hits and runs will come , and lincoln has all 3
You are correct.  With pitching being the most important.

leatherneck

i think lincolns coach is the most underrated coach in nwa

Oldbadger

April 22, 2012, 12:15:29 pm #136 Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 12:34:04 pm by Oldbadger
Quote from: leatherneck on April 22, 2012, 11:03:28 am
I agree.  Few coaches can take average kids and make them winners.  Its easy to coach a team of above average athletes.  It takes a good coach to take average and make above average performers.
However, Lincoln does have some above average players.

NwaSportsFan

Elkins is the 2 seed. They wont make a run at state..

3aDomination69

Quote from: Oldbadger on April 22, 2012, 12:15:29 pm
Quote from: leatherneck on April 22, 2012, 11:03:28 am
I agree.  Few coaches can take average kids and make them winners.  Its easy to coach a team of above average athletes.  It takes a good coach to take average and make above average performers.
However, Lincoln does have some above average players.
Lincoln has more than a couple above average players.

Rusty Shackleford

Lincoln over Hackett 14-0

leatherneck

look for an 9-0 run for lincoln to finish the year

Oldbadger

Lincoln finishes the regular season 23-3.

NwaSportsFan

How many teams in the 3a will give Lincoln a good run???

Oldbadger

I'm supporting Lincoln, but I think Genoa and Maybe Charleston are contenders.

WPWells

Quote from: Oldbadger on April 24, 2012, 01:28:57 pm
I'm supporting Lincoln, but I think Genoa and Maybe Charleston are contenders.

I can't wait to see Lincoln at Regionals! I'm the announcer for Charleston baseball and I'm super excited to see some good games!

Oldbadger

Lincoln just beat West Fork 13-0 in the semifinals of the 1-3A district tournament.  Elkins plays Greenforest at 2:30 today to see who plays Lincoln in the finals.

Rusty Shackleford

Quote from: Oldbadger on April 28, 2012, 02:04:41 pm
Lincoln just beat West Fork 13-0 in the semifinals of the 1-3A district tournament.  Elkins plays Greenforest at 2:30 today to see who plays Lincoln in the finals.

Elkins beat GF

leatherneck

Oldbadger

WPWells

So is there a third place game?? Or are the 3 and 4 based on seeding??

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas