• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fearless 40 on Fox16

Started by Wess Moore, July 22, 2015, 02:48:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wess Moore

The Fearless 40 on Fox16 begins July 22nd.  We'll have 40 high school previews in 40 days, leading up to the first games.  Here are the 3A teams on the schedule:

July 26 Episcopal Collegiate
July 27 Lamar
July 28 Mayflower

Jimbo Morphis

Proud Buckaroo

Why isn't charleston on this list? Adapted is going to be so angry!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on July 22, 2015, 04:31:02 pm

Having to put some money towards the Lamar refs tHis year....so not enough money left to buy ad spots on t.v

-Painted Fan-

7A- 6 schools
6A- 5 schools
5A- 11 schools
4A- 11 schools
3A- 3 schools
2A- 4 schools
Must have used Common Core when figuring how to divide up between the 6 different classifications...

HorseFeathers

Most of them are big schools, or highly ranked schools in their prime coverage area.....

Proud Buckaroo

Check out the locations of where the teams are.

Proud Buckaroo

Looks like only few south arkansas teams.

Wess Moore

We actually invited more schools to Monday's Fearless Kickoff Luncheon.  These were the only 3A schools that made it. 

This was our first year for the kickoff luncheon.  It was a huge success, so we will do it again next year.  The hope is more schools will participate in the future.  Who knows, maybe we'll have the Fearless 80 next year.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Wess Moore on July 22, 2015, 08:23:57 pm
We actually invited more schools to Monday's Fearless Kickoff Luncheon.  These were the only 3A schools that made it. 

This was our first year for the kickoff luncheon.  It was a huge success, so we will do it again next year.  The hope is more schools will participate in the future.  Who knows, maybe we'll have the Fearless 80 next year.

Thanks you for the explanation!

Coach Jones

I was happy to get the invite.  It's always great to have the opportunity to promote the program.

Skip Baymore

Thanks Wess.  I, and a bunch of us, appreciate you.  Love your sports coverage (of everything) and you guys, with Fearless Friday, are miles ahead already when it comes to high school sports.  "Skip."

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: HF on July 22, 2015, 05:32:09 pm
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on July 22, 2015, 04:31:02 pm

Having to put some money towards the Lamar refs tHis year....so not enough money left to buy ad spots on t.v

There are good and bad refs all over the state.  I will admit that that particular crew is the worst referee crew i have ever witnessed.

Wess Moore

Thank you!  I love high school sports and I'm very lucky to work for a station that appreciates high school sports and will provide the resources to do the job right.  Thanks for watching.

Quote from: Skip Baymore on July 23, 2015, 12:36:31 am

Thanks Wess.  I, and a bunch of us, appreciate you.  Love your sports coverage (of everything) and you guys, with Fearless Friday, are miles ahead already when it comes to high school sports.  "Skip."

Paperman

So true Painted Fan. Nice job though of the overall effort by those guys at the station.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas